Greatest Theorist of the 20th Century

I want to make a poll regarding subject related. Please submit your suggestions

OK that's one.

Anarcho Syndicalism by Colonel Sand- err I mean Rudolf Rocker

/thread

Most important in terms of what resulted from his thoughts, maybe, but greatest is debatable. I would blame him for all the failings of the USSR, even if he legitimately shared the same hopes and beliefs as ansyns at heart. A tragic figure if there ever was one.

TBQH the 20th century was a continual clusterfuck after WW1 happened. Pic related is the guy who made the greatest strides towards anarchism and Marxism understanding each other in a productive manner (even if he strawmanned anarchism frequently). I may not agree with him any more, but he was a great theorist. Too bad syndicalist praxis has to be entirely updated to become relevant again.

Sherman 'Based Chinaman' Mao

There is no other choice.

Actually, debord is the greatest tnrotetician of the twenty-FIRST century.

Fat Trotsky

Am I missing something? He died in 1994.

I'm surprised nobodies posted him already

Just trying to say he's even more relevant now than he was back then.

because he is a forced meme

So is Marx, or Lenin, or Stalin then

On that note, I'm surprised nobodies mentioned Stalin

Rosa

There's a line and you crossed it

this.

Easy.

Trotsky

Why is he so obsessed with gays?

it's because he has aspergers

:3

this

Tbf he's probably the most honest ancap since he basically is against democracy and argues that free speech should be limited so that property can always be around and he doesn't really tip toe around the costs of what needs to be done to protect property. He's almost like an ancap Machiavelli.

My comrades!

I want a crazy foreign communist lady screaming in my face about what my favorite comrade is ;(

the actual interview was her asking what guys want to see in a woman, he replied "soul", and then she asked "what about boobs?" to which he said "boobs are nice…but soul…"

shut the fuck up

I mean, he was born in the 90's so he's technically a 20th century thinker.

I wonder if guys like Delueze would've been shitposting weebs if they were growing up today.

why did he sperged like that tho?

He literally looks like an inbred. Every facial expression in his photos screams autism.

Herbert Marcuse and Erich Fromm were the greatest thinkers out of the Frankfurt School.

Contributed most towards radical emancipatory theory and improved Marxism greatly.

Connolly, DeLeon

While he made some good points, I think a lot of Fromm's ideas were antiquated by developments in psychology and medicine.

Piero Sraffa for debunking neoclassical and austrian economics and for rescuing classical economics.

why live?

Idk if I've just been hearing strawmans of Marcuse but isn't he somewhat responsible for the whole switch towards the SJW mindset on the left. I remember reading his essay repressive tolerance and you could see its influence on the whole "you can say anything as long as you're punching up" culture of idpolers.