Daily News Thread 4/14

Nasa announces one of Saturn's moons could support alien life in our solar system

All of the necessary things to support life have been found on one of the moons that orbits Saturn.
independent.co.uk/news/science/nasa-announcement-today-alien-life-exist-saturn-enceladus-cassini-hydrogen-plume-hydrothermal-a7681821.html

Russia Says Evidence Growing Syria Chemical Attack Was Staged

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said a chemical-weapons attack in Syria that provoked U.S. missile strikes on the Middle Eastern country may have been orchestrated.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-14/russia-says-evidence-growing-syria-chemical-attack-was-staged

China fears North Korea-US conflict 'at any moment'

China has warned that "conflict could break out at any moment" as tension over North Korea increases.
bbc.com/news/world-asia-39600426

N. Korea army vows 'merciless' response to US provocation

North Korea's army on Friday vowed a 'merciless' response to any US provocation, as tensions soar over Pyongyang's nuclear programme and speculation mounts that it is preparing a fresh weapons test.
afp.com/en/news/205/n-korea-army-vows-merciless-response-us-provocation

Buses evacuate hundreds from four besieged Syria towns

Hundreds of civilians and fighters who have been under crippling siege for more than two years left four Syrian towns in fleets of buses Friday under a delayed evacuation deal.
afp.com/en/news/205/buses-evacuate-hundreds-four-besieged-syria-towns

French presidential race tightens further as vote nears

France's presidential race looked tighter than it has all year on Friday, nine days before voting starts, as one poll put all four main candidates within touching distance of the two-person run-off round.
reuters.com/article/us-france-election-idUSKBN17G0Q2

Retail Sales in U.S. Declined for a Second Month in March

Sales at U.S. retailers declined in March for a second month, hurt by fewer purchases of automobiles, Commerce Department data showed Friday.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-14/retail-sales-in-u-s-declined-for-a-second-month-in-march

Border Patrol struggles to recruit agents amid immigration crackdown

Donald Trump’s immigration crackdown has a problem: not enough Americans are willing to carry it out.
theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/14/trump-immigration-border-patrol-agents-low-recruitment

Iranian President Rouhani to seek second term, faces hardline challenge

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani registered on Friday to run for a second four-year term, state television said, buoyed by Tehran's 2015 nuclear deal with world powers though facing a hardline conservative challenge over his economic record.
reuters.com/article/us-iran-election-rouhani-idUSKBN17G0XU

Wikileaks is a 'hostile intelligence service helped by Russia,' says CIA director Mike Pompeo

​Wikileaks is a “hostile intelligence service” helped by Russia, according to the new CIA director Mike Pompeo.
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/wikileaks-hostile-intelligence-service-russia-cia-director-mike-pompeo-donald-trump-dnc-hacked-a7683341.html

FGM charge for Detroit doctor Jumana Nagarwala in US first

A doctor in the US city of Detroit has been charged with carrying out female genital mutilation (FGM) on young girls in what is believed to be the first case of its kind in the country.
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39597062

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/capital/story/20170413-we-had-to-give-them-bonuses-to-leave-early
rt.com/op-edge/384765-wikileaks-snowden-pompeo-cia/
counterpunch.org/2017/04/14/south-africa-writhes-in-new-political-economic-birth-pains/
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/04/will-editing-your-babys-genes-be-mandatory/522747/?utm_source=feed
itsgoingdown.org/biggest-racist-alt-right-rally-2017-happening-berkeley/
itsgoingdown.org/white-supremacist-trigger-tom-confronted-by-anti-racists/
counterpunch.org/2017/04/14/you-pay-your-fair-share-shouldnt-wall-street/
archive.fo/IJYHT
archive.fo/YJecz
yournewswire.com/wikileaks-clinton-alqaeda-syria/
moonofalabama.org/2017/04/the-reason-behind-north-koreas-nuclear-program-and-its-offer-to-end-it.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP/ED

'We had to give them bonuses to leave early'

Despite a countrywide effort to end overwork, Japan's push to make people leave work early hasn't gone exactly as planned. Eric Barton finds out why.
bbc.com/capital/story/20170413-we-had-to-give-them-bonuses-to-leave-early

‘CIA chief Pompeo treats American people as enemies’

The Trump administration doesn’t want Americans to access the truth about what’s happening in Syria or North Korea, that’s why the CIA is trying to demonize WikiLeaks which consistently brings truth to the people, says Arvin Vohra of the Libertarian Party.
rt.com/op-edge/384765-wikileaks-snowden-pompeo-cia/

South Africa Writhes in New Political-Economic Birth Pains

On South Africa’s political left, the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) party dominated this week’s news by leading a mass march on President Jacob Zuma’s office in Pretoria, following a government power shift seen as amplifying corruption.
counterpunch.org/2017/04/14/south-africa-writhes-in-new-political-economic-birth-pains/

Will Editing Your Baby's Genes Be Mandatory?

Designing a baby, or editing the genes of an unborn child, strikes many as risky, unseemly, unnatural, unethical, or likely to lead to a dystopian future of one sort or another.
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/04/will-editing-your-babys-genes-be-mandatory/522747/?utm_source=feed

How the Biggest Racist Alt-Right Rally of 2017 is Happening…in Berkeley

White nationalists, far-Right militias, pro-Trump bikers, members of the Alt-Right, and neo-Nazis are not only coming to the Berkeley Trump rally on Saturday, April 15th – they are speaking and organizing it.
itsgoingdown.org/biggest-racist-alt-right-rally-2017-happening-berkeley/

White Supremacist “Trigger” Tom Sent to Hospital by Chicago Antifa

On the night of April 11th Chicago antifascist activists spotted known white Supremacist “Trigger” Tom Christensen (34) at Delilahs bar located on the Northside of Chicago. Shortly after being seen, a melee ensued between Tom and the local Antifa.
itsgoingdown.org/white-supremacist-trigger-tom-confronted-by-anti-racists/

You Pay Your Fair Share, Shouldn’t Wall Street?

Did you pay all of your taxes this April?
counterpunch.org/2017/04/14/you-pay-your-fair-share-shouldnt-wall-street/

I hope antifa will BTFO the nazis at Berkeley again. Is Tricky Dick gonna be there?

What will happen is Holla Forums and Holla Forums are gonna cherry pick individual protestors and fights and use them to laugh at each other.

Fucking lol

We must bring Communism to the moons of Saturn before Porky gets there.

RELATED: >>>/realnews/2024

WikiLeaks twitter account posted an unclassified email to Hillary Clinton from her foreign policy advisor, Jake Sullivan, dated February 2012 saying, "AQ is on our side in Syria."

The other part of the email published by WikiLeaks reads: archive.fo/IJYHT

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05789138 Date: 10/30/2015 AL-ZAWAHIRI URGES MUSLIM SUPPORT FOR OPPOSITION (U) Al-Qaida leader al-Zawahiri called on Muslims in Turkey and the Middle East to aid rebel forces in their fight against supporters of Syrian President Asad in an interne video recording. Al-Zawahiri also urged the Syrian people not to rely on the AL, Turkey, or the United States for assistance.euters)

Read the full chain of unclassified emails in that document published by Wikileaks here: archive.fo/IJYHT

The news follows revelations by WikiLeaks last year that Hillary Clinton admitted in private emails that Qatar and Saudi Arabia – two of her mega-donors – provide financial and logistical support to ISIS.

In the extraordinary email, sent to John Podesta in 2014, Clinton mentioned that Saudi Arabia and Qatar are both giving financial and logistical support to the Islamic State and other extremist Sunni groups.

She conveniently fails to mention that these two terror-funding states are both mega-donors to the Clinton Foundation. Qatar has given between $1 million and $5 million to the Clinton Foundation and Saudi Arabia has donated upwards of $25 million dollars to the Foundation.

Nowhere in the email – sent, of course, through the notorious unsecured server – does Clinton address the staggering hypocrisy of continuing to provide Saudi Arabia with multiple billions in weapons, arms, aircraft, and other support in full knowledge of its active support for terrorists.

Hillary Clinton has known since at least 2014 that the governments of Saudi Arabia and Qatar provide “clandestine financial and logistic support” to ISIS and other radical Islamic groups – but, rather than refuse their money and call for a halt of arms sales and support, she has campaigned for more money and tried to increase their supply of arms.

archive.fo/YJecz
yournewswire.com/wikileaks-clinton-alqaeda-syria/

Does Holla Forums agree with some of the conservatives that the Syrian chemical attacks were false flags to blame Assad and an attempt to have Assad removed and replaced with a Western-backed globalist neo-con Zionist puppet? I'd like to get your input anons.

She also LOVES North Korea.

It's clobberin' time!

Doesn't say but a lot of his affiliates will be. Let's see if he risks being bruised and battered before his Auburn meetup.

It's just a distraction from the real aliens that are pretty much right in front of you.

I always suspected that North Korea was a CIA/Mossad asset to instigate more war to feed the military industrial complex. Kind of like how they exploited the Cold War.

no those are just monsters.

In a metaphorical sense, I suppose many of them are monsters

What the FUCK is wrong with that country? They'll be Porkys last Bastion when we're living in Mad Max IRL for fucks sake. I thought these people were supposed to be all about Pride

Ell oh ell
They made fools out of themselves.

I know it's normal to fetishize everything japanese around here especially given that chan boards are literally the spawn of japanese fetishization but it's really sad to read this and see how deeply embedded this unhealthy lifestyle is.

What's wrong with gene editing? We should be researching this as much as possible, and make it available as soon and as widely as possible. Imagine how many lives you could save, how much suffering would be averted, how much potential each and every life would have… Honestly, I see no reason not to do it, other than fake moralism grounded on religious spooks.

I find it hilarious that Holla Forums focuses so much on race and muh Autism Level when transhumanism and gene editing will make all of that instantly irrelevant.

Also, I can already imagine gene editing being socialized as part of health care, and americans still holding such things private and having conspiracy theories about it, like anti-vaccers and republicans screaming only rich peole deserve healthy babies.

It's no wonder all their entertainment industries are dying first, no one has time to consume them except the NEETs

fugg I want this so much.

that article is mostly spooky shit. I've been loosely keeping up with the development of CRISPR and it's insane how close we are to playing God.

It is not only good for all, but it's also in any government's self interest to socialize gene editing. Even if it were to cost a lot at first, the billions we could save from not having to treat congenital diseases alone (and even more from increased productivity, less money spent on useless education programs, more patents and scientific developments, less crime, etc. if intelligence were to be included) would be exhorbitant and self-evident for any rational person.

I just wish some people didn't look at me like if I was a white supremacist fash every time I mention my enthusiasm for designer babies.

Yeah thats overwhelmingly what we believe here

I think its very likely but really no way to know and even if Assad did it ofc the US still has no right or reason to invade and has no moral high ground

haven't we known that one of saturn's moons could hold alien life for years now? Or is this a different moon.

her face looks like it was shopped on there

Different moon. Though it was in the news earlier because scientists discovered that there is likely a liquid water ocean underneath its upper lay of ice.

This new discovery is a big deal because they found indirect evidence for underwater thermal vents with molecular hydrogen. It's big because that's our current best guess for where life started on Earth.

Yeah, remember when antifa pissed their pants out of freight?

what a guy

moonofalabama.org/2017/04/the-reason-behind-north-koreas-nuclear-program-and-its-offer-to-end-it.html

Pretty good overall view of the Korea situation and how it's the US that's really the destabilizing element here

So the CIA literally makes another 'commie state' type of deal?

they just wont stop

see

We do believe that to be a possibility, but we refrain from making absolute judgement.

Might as well be possible that someone within Assad's military went rogue, some of those officers are lunatics and the US response was genuine opportunism.

What are the chances we can get DPRK to strike Berkley on April 15th?

remember when antifa weren't literal degenerates who damaged public property? Oh wait.

Remember when Holla Forums weren't literal racists who propagated misoginy?

and yet they still own you kids on the reg

Oh look, a recipe for mass-sacrifice ignorantly-but-not-so-unintentionally made by the alt-right.

People are going to die, and they're going to harvest that energy. Start taking this front of the war seriously.

No, I am not at all kidding, they are preparing for their version of a change. This is not just material, but spiritual change, merging of realms kind of shit. Do you seriously want the aut-right and fucking neo-nazis to be the leaders of this change? No? THEN START TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY!!

I don't think Assad randomly ordered the attacks after he got in so much shit the first time. Beyond that, we may never really now until the dust settles on the war.

I believe the test-run for that was probably Jonestown, although the whole Khmer Rogue thing was happening near the same time.

So what exactly are you saying Satan?

Spooky.