Trump drops MOAB in Afghanistan

Holy shit Trump is fully on the neocon bandwagon

cnn.com/2017/04/13/politics/afghanistan-isis-moab-bomb/index.html?adkey=bn

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i9H50tHiHjs
dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/605394/north-korea-evacuation-alarm-video-pyongyang-war-us-donald-trump-china-nuclear-test-site
archive.is/vDGx4
twitter.com/Conflicts/status/852648068902248448
youtube.com/watch?v=h0qdbsE3Jqo
telesurtv.net/english/news/Mother-of-All-Bombs-Hit-CIA-Built-Tunnels-Wikileaks-20170414-0005.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

holy shit, MOAB bombs are about are powerful of a bomb as you can get without going nuclear

youtube.com/watch?v=i9H50tHiHjs

Fuck off shariablue you just don't understand Trump. Read the Art of the Deal.

I wonder how much jizz is in Brian Williams' pants right now, hopes he isn't out in public or at work or it could get awkward

For some reason that headline made me laugh, like Trump personally delivered it with his own hands

You beat my thread lol

Full Accelerationism here we come

williams is such a slimeball. there's a spot in my gulag reserved for him

is this it
the great war of our generation?

What actual fallout could there be from this? My understanding is that there isn't really anyone else with active competing interests in the region like in Syria.

Trump is going to depopulate most of Afghanistan by accident just because he wants the other neocons to think he's a big boy.

No one cares about Afghanistan

Sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I hope you like Afghans as your next neighbour is gonna be one.

Somehow I'm not really buying this

Was ISIS building a fucking Gundam?

Simply the fact that Trump is willing to drop MOABs willy-nilly. He dropped this over some fucking ISIS tunnels.

I am easily see him MOABing Pyongyang now, hell, right now there is an evacuation order in Pyongyang from all this shit

dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/605394/north-korea-evacuation-alarm-video-pyongyang-war-us-donald-trump-china-nuclear-test-site

I do

Me too. This is a fucking travesty, there is nothing there to justify that kind of a weapon's deployment. Just killing people in a display of dickwaving.

I care too user, I just wanted to know if there is risk of larger ramifications

But muh "dirty brown" people!

More ISIS fuel

All this shit is annoying like what about that
A M E R I C A F I R S T
bullshit Donnie was talking about?

Th-thanks Donnie.

Please, neo-cons, tell me again how DPRK are the insane, out of control ones.

he is probably trying to show off to show he isn't fucking around, which means we're fucked

There is only one way to go from here.

Fug.

Not beyond Afghanistan. Not immediately anyway. But this kind of escalation of US involvement is going to make a political settlement there harder again I think. We should be pushing the central government and taliban to work out power sharing, in stead of emboldening either side really.

Presumably this must be how his advisors talked him down from nuking the Middle East, they were like 'look you can use the second biggest bombs we have okay?'

It's pretty much an accepted fact that the more we kill the worse daily life on the ground gets for the average Afghan/Iraqi/Libyan/Syrian and the harder it becomes to put the whole thing back together again.
Have you seen City of God? It's basically that IRL.
Besides stopping all aeriel bombardment we need those countries to have national governments with an interest in something besides filling their personal Swiss bank accounts.

It's literally bush administration 2.0

At this point we can all agree that this presidency is going to be "Obama wouldn't do this/go this far!" or "Obama did this, undo it!" and watching how Trump and co. do actions on that idea alone. He will have to start a Iraq level war to get a 2nd term considering his approval ratings are at levels at the end of their terms like Carter did.

yup

The only explanation that makes sense

City of god was a really depressing movie. It's the only "poor brown people" movie I actually enjoyed.

polite sage

How many civilians were killed by this? What comes next? How many children will be declared combatants?

I fucking hate the US

Yeah ISIS had power 3 or 4 years ago but are just as overrated now as AQ were, it's the same self delusions all over again.

That's some dwarf tier caves. Even powered by renewable energy. Guess bin laden wasn't all bad.
Gonna use this map in my DnD campaign.

Too bad they cave fortress is a work of fiction

wowowow and feminazis say there's a PATRIARCHY?! BTFO!!!!

the russians have the father of all bombs

I think he's gonna quote Mother Theresa this time

IMO the "father of all bombs" think seems like a hoax, its probably stronger than MOAB, but not "4 times as powerful" as the Russians say

What pointless dickwaving. I thought the spectacle was supposed to be entertaining.

t. bootlicker

Are you autistic?

It's supposed to be distracting. Any entertainment you experience is purely incidental.

Eternally relevant.

Bin Laden's mountain fortress looks comfy tbh.

It really does. But I'm skeptical of the air quality. Used to live in a subterranean basement and the air moisture was really annoying, And a buddy of mine lived in a cave and, the walls where almost always dripping wet. I wonder if Afghan mountains are better for living. We should put some effort in to making bad ass caves after communism.

do you know what the spectacle is, it's not just le mass media.

'no'

DoD is releasing video footage soon

Are you okay there, user?

Archive that shit next time. Don't give CNN clicks they don't deserve.
archive.is/vDGx4

Goddamn, Trump. Hillary's panties are probably soaked from this.

Either a prototype Gundam or a Metal Gear

kek

Same. I finally moved out of the country, to India, but this bullshit foreign policy follows me as an American. I've met an Iraqi refugee & his story was fucking heartbreaking; family split up all living in different places. Things are starting to feel like the Bush years & can we blame people for fucking hating the US? Even as a citizen, I hate it. Things are going to get very strained, worldwide, now.

I met another guy in Sri Lanka who had a shit ton of anger, but was friendly to me. He had a friend that was killed in Saudi Arabia for having premarital sex. He said that guy was his best friend & if he'd been from some more "important country like the US" then he'd probably still be alive. He's probably right, because of our fucked up ally-position with them. Though I have a hard time believing my country would give a shit about me, I'd still get better treatment on that basis & that's fucked up.

I hear a lot of anger towards the US & even the UN(as it's "the US's extension"). That was before all of this shit, too. We're all fucked.

hahaha

Does anyone have the "all you had to do was clap" doom jeb? I've trying to find it for like three days.

A smaller bomb would have probably sufficed to kill those 9 muzzles hiding in a cave, but Trump wanted to make the news.

right here

Nah I'm talking about a different one.

ISIS? Why the fuck would the Islamic State In Syria have an extensive tunnel network in Afghanistan? Unless they are talking about the other ISIS, in which case I could totally see Malory Archer having a secret tunnel network in Afghanistan for reasons that Sterling and Lana need not concern themselves with.

IS affiliate group

If the only thing "neoconservative" meant was "bombing ISIS with the largest ordnance that diplomacy will allow for", then I would be a neoconservative myself. Some problems really do demand a military solution, and ISIS is a perfect example. Dropping a MOAB may not be the most efficient way to solve that problem, but it's applying the correct principle.

In and of itself, I approve of this action 100%, but I hope that it portends more substantive, specific, and effective action towards combating terrorism, and that it isn't just a pointless show of force signifying nothing.

ps Bashar ou bas

Supposedly, the reason that the used the MOAB was to collapse underground tunnels.

Headlines have been coming out in the last hour that the US is preparing for a possible pre-emptive strike on NK: twitter.com/Conflicts/status/852648068902248448

Here's how I see a worst-case situation playing out. Trump and his insane neocon circle actually follow through with this pre-emptive strike, and NK send us a nuke. Then from there, US retaliates with a nuke and full-on World Nuke War begins.

NK's missiles reach Alaska only, no?

It was probably just meant to scare North Korea.

They'd probably hit South Korea or the US CTG

a military strike could easily escalate, especially since Trump is run by the Pentagon and neocons right now

It won't scare them, they have enough leverage that any sane actor would just let them do their nuke tests and remain a shithole

Who fighting who? The Chinese aren't going to attack the US over North Korea.

Doomsday clock report

Anybody interested in the sorts of existential extinction events that can be provoked by capitalism (climate change, nuclear war, etc.) should check out that fairly recent Chomsky interview: youtube.com/watch?v=h0qdbsE3Jqo

He talks about the Doomsday Clock too.

Ayy thanks matey

splendid mate

No problem famrade

Is afghanistan completely cucked at this point? I know they're america-friendly but letting them drop the biggest bomb in their land is just sad

Well, not like they can tell America to stop.

Yes? ISIS are worst fascists on planet.

what have you done today in the name of anti-imperialism Holla Forums?

This is your mind on tankie-ism.

no tankie supports isis.

isis is literally doing the bidding of turkey and israel with their so called "conquest". it is anti communist in its fullest sense.

seriously thinking tankies supporting hezbollah/assad/hamas/iran for anti imperialist reasons means they support isis "for anti imperialist reasons" is utter delusion.

thats like saying tankies support nazis for anti imperialist reasons. isis is worse than fascists

they are not fascists. do not call them fascists. they are worse than fascists. they are the muslim version of the crusades. doing fascist bidding does not make you fascists

being a neoconservative means bombing isis, assad, the secular arab resistance and doing israels complete and total bidding.

bombing assads jets is a total neocon move, bombing isis like russia was doing is not.

Giant squid teleported into NYC when?

there was a video of taliban fighters being beheaded by isis members. since the taliban is fighting isis harder than the afghani government for territory in afghanistan do you think that taliban members were the ones who gave info on the isis whereabouts and caves to the "allies?" its very possible now.

what a clusterfuck

I thought they were allies.

there is nothing that muzzies hate more than other muzzies, they are the ultimate sectarians but westerners think they are all part of "islam" and not their bitterly different sects

case in point, the self-hating homo that did the pulse shooting claimed to be part of three different islamic terrorist groups that hate each other

wtf trump is a jewish neocon!

its more complicated than that. in the levant when it comes to the war there are 5 sides all at war with each other

1. isis/hard al qaeda
2. "soft" al qaeda/ taliban / jaish islam/ wahhabis
3. fsa/usa backed rebels/turkish troops
4. "resistance": assad/iran/hezbollah/red arabs/ hamas
5. kurds (also usa backed)

i know its hard to believe but arabs and muslims have differing political opinions

see

The only proof that he even did that was msm reporting after the fact. I don't even remember seeing corroboration from any witnesses

The thing with Afghanistan is that you have the central government with an army and police and all that, but that is grafted on a society where every single relation is a personnel one. People don't interact via institutions at all, but rather through family and tribal affiliations. You have to keep that in mind when you talk about IS and the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Neither are coherent and uniform organizations. Rather, for the Taliban, you have a leadership based in Pakistan, with some limited command and control of cadres in Afghanistan, but most of the heavy lifting on the ground is done by the personal militias of local strongmen who for whatever reasons think it better to support the Taliban than the government.

Most of the time, this has to do with patronage: the only one getting the guns and money from the central government is my local rival, whose family I have been feuding with for the last century or so, so I turn to the Taliban as an alternative source of weapons and money to counteract his growing power. Go to government areas, and you'll face the same kind of militias and local strongmen, only without them putting on a Taliban-turban at night.

IS in Afghanistan also operates along those lines, that is to say, they are mostly local warlords who fell out with the Taliban, and ended up turning to a new player in town: IS. They largely are made up of the old Al Qaeda networks, who managed to seduce some local Taliban and unaffiliated commanders with weapons, money, and additional (foreign) fighters.

This is why it's so stupid to start throwing MOABS at these people. It's an entirely local conflict following local logic and rivalries. The US has zero interest and very little leverage to fundamentally get anything done. If they really wanted to achieve anything, the best sting to do would be to pressure Pakistan and the Kabul government, so a political settlement might be reached, and patronage spread more fairly.

Sorry but conservatives are conservatives.

I don't care if they're so hardcore they call Dubya a "liberal" because he only bombed ME countries instead of using nukes, the whole political side is one big hive mind of "Muslims are bad, God is real, Jesus should be required worshipping, gay marriage causes hurricanes".

ISIS is a US asset. Tankies support Russia and Russian proxies against the US.

Neocons are notable for being the conservative traditions that came up during the reagan era, whose central critique of liberals was that they weren't hawkish enough, specifically in their defense of Israel.

Though it's a label thrown around a lot, it has a real meaning

More like an Israeli asset. You're thinking of al-CIAda

Clearly a message being sent to NK. One of these MOABs could easily wipe out NK's underground nuclear facilities.

A C C E L E R A T E

telesurtv.net/english/news/Mother-of-All-Bombs-Hit-CIA-Built-Tunnels-Wikileaks-20170414-0005.html
Those Tunnels Trump just bombed were built by the CIA. America is beyond parody.