Think about going to Rojava

WAKE ME UP LEFTYPOL

Other urls found in this thread:

periscope.tv/Antidote2017/1OwxWPMogRjKQ
marxists.org/archive/marx/works/index.htm
marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/index.htm
marxists.org/reference/archive/stalin/works/collected/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You should have lifted and honed your marksmanship instead of googling Murray Bookchin.

I do lift, but I have never even come within 1 meter of a gun in real life :-(

You'd be surprised at how many skills you can learn with just internet access and free time.

You can do it user! They're all counting on you! Join the YPG and fight for freedom! Dehumanize yourself into the revolutionary machine and turn your face to bloodshed!

God I just want ISIS to put me in one of their execution videos so this can all just be over.

Cut the cord dude. Maybe you shouldn't go because it sounds like you have issues with your family. Maybe you should go because you have issues with your family.

My family loves me a lot that is what makes it so hard because they really don't want me to go because I might die or get maimed.

My main problem is crippling poverty and not having reliable enough internet access to actually talk to a YPG recruiter and even if I did I wouldn't have the money to get there. Unless the YPG pays for my ticket I doubt I will ever get to go while the revolution is still alive.

Why does your family not want you to go on food stamps if they love you?

Why do you still live in this shitty apartment by yourself?

Is there no way to save just a little money and leave? The odds of you getting injured is low and you will have the opportunity to do something meaningful which most Americans (I assume you are one) won't do.

Because if their son is on foodstamps then they raised a leech and are therefore failures. They are really deep into capitalist propaganda.

Because all my friends moved in together and left me out to dry so I had to move in by myself and then my fiance who I had been with for 5 years dumped me so I got really depressed and suicidal, started using drugs heavily, and failed all my classes in school so I dropped out and now I'm stuck in the same shit part time job, can't find a full time job after 6 MONTHS of look I g so now I am going to just get a second part time job and work myself to death instead.

If I want to save money I either have to work two jobs and almost 80 hours a week or go back home and live with my parents and go back to school at some shit community college.

I love you user your life seems quite hard.

Your family's mentality seems very bourgie, but I can see why they are concerned with you leaving to join a Russian revolution re-enactment in the middle of the desert.

I would avoid telling anyone about your goals in life (this goes fr anyone), just evaluate if they are honestly worthy of achieving to yourself. Just go /cocoon mode/ for a bit and think about your priorities.

That being said I would still go if I were you. From what I have read in /r/Rojava you need about $2K saved and $200 in cash for the trip.

I'm going to learn welding or CNC machining at my local community college next year, I am burned out from university. Once I have a trade I will think about going.

Check out the new requirements to go over there as a civilian. Otherwise, I'd suggest studying Bookchin and Ocalan, and going over there as a revolutionary.

You're not a parasite if your parents give you shit but you are if you're on benefits? Bougie morality is weird.

This is very good advice. Unless your goal is getting a trashy wife, mortgage, and being slave to capitalist system unto death people will think you're insane.

It took me 4 months to save up half that much just to make a down payment on this shithole.

I'm skeptical of that amount. There's no 'evidence' for it, it's just something I saw on the sub. Keep in mind there's also people in third world countries that go to Rojava.

Think about it reasonably, price of ticket + emergency fund + some money to get you started in Rojava.

For me that's about 1k + 500 + 200 = $1700. This is $CAD.

Just go anyways. Anyone that tells you you're not good enough to go is full of shit. Pretty much everyone in the YPG and SDF started out as an untrained pleb. It won't be easy though, training over there is mostly done in the heat of battle. Just save up the money to go, learn some kurdish, and get in shape. That's all you really need tbh

Just look for super cheap flights with 12 hour delays. That should cut down the price enormously

It's a bad idea
The US is going to stab them in the back and let the Turkish Army come in and wipe them out

This guy went to Rojava and spend 14 months fixing computers and teaching a handful of Kurds basic Esperanto.

The US won't be in any position to do that in the foreseeable future. Russia sure as hell won't let it happen, considering that they see the solution to the Syrian problem as confederation. Ultimately, Russia needs the YPG long term as much as they US needs them short term to defeat ISIS

Turkey is incompetent AF, the PKK has been BTFOing them for a while.

Learn useful skills and go as a civilian volunteer!

people calling stuff LARPing rubs me the wrong way but this is so totally LARPing

Man, being cannon fodder is the perfect career for a piece of shit with no skills. You think it takes talent to fire a rifle?

You're more of a man than I'll ever be.

Jesus Christ user, being a guerrilla in the ass-end of the Levant will actually move you up the capitalist ladder.

How is it LARPing if the guy supposedly doesn't claim to have been a fighter? The Kurds love civilian volunteers too. A single medic or engineer volunteer is worth several platoons of foreign fighters.

hmm, sounds interesting, but why? Ive never fought in my life or held a gun and i think this is the case for 90% of all artists as well.

whatcha mean why
they need to produce content like propaganda and entertainment and just plain art.

any examples of the kind of stuff they produce so i can get a idea of what they are looking for? genuinely curious now.

Train physically and mentally every day. Working alone is a great honor.

Sounds like a tough situation, famrade. Perhaps you shouldn't go to Rojava?

I know the YPG have a long list of questions in their application, that include personal stuff like your social behaviors. Do they even want people, whose families don't want to them to come?

People leave their homes to join the PKK all the time. I would be surprised if they care tbh

Work by itself*

Kurds need help from kurds in western countries. I know many here.

I remember in the IFB live stream it was mentioned that most volunteers lie to their families about what they are doing. Many say they are working in refugee camps.

The revolution isn't limited to purely kurds gomrade

Do they only accept foreign guys? Asking for a friend.

What did he mean by this

I'm interested. Do you have a video of this?

Just fucking do it. Revolution is life.

If you're asking whether they accept female foreign volunteers: yes they do.

literally me irl

solidarity user

I just want to be able to live rent free and impregnate as many Kurdish women as possible

prepare to be purged for polygamy

Esperanto is an outdated eurocentric ideology from the 19th century. Everyone already speaks English. The kurds would have probably preferred to learn the language of their allies. Even if it's an "imperialist" language.

Holy shit user drop the ideology. You're a Leftist yet hate idealism.

not following your transcendental desires for some temporal hedonism is the ultimate example of being spooked

Sorry I'm late, but here you go. periscope.tv/Antidote2017/1OwxWPMogRjKQ

You don't even begin to comprehend how true this statement really is.

:^)

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/index.htm

marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/index.htm

marxists.org/reference/archive/stalin/works/collected/index.htm

;^D

Lenin confirmed for dictator and Stalin confirmed for creating a slave economy :^)

We need getting fit for /rojava/ threads again

Better than being a whining drop-out, such as yourself.

Thanks. I'm going to try and download this.

I don't really like these meme guys they are very gimmicky. If you're fat, jog for just 20 minutes every day, eat a bit less, when you're skinny just do Stronglifts 5x5 and eat more.

I swear to fucking god I'm going to study for a bit and if this isn't deleted I'm going to shit

Youre on the list now, and will be stopped at the border.

Murals with revolutionary messages are big there, I could look for pics later. Also making decent propaganda is important, they improved a lot but its still pretty shit.

user, I'm sorry but I really have to say this.

Take this from someone whose pathological urge to deal with any problem is to quit, avoid or procrastinate, in that order: you're putting off, or downrigt running away from, your crumbling personal life by going in a journey for a noble cause.

Now that you mentioned your shitty friends, fiance, suicidal depression, drug abuse, school failure and part-time job, I can understand your family's position. They're utterly desperate for you because, instead of crawling from the wreckage, you're going to what they think is some sort of jihad like those idiots they see on the news who joined ISIS. (And frankly, after all the shit you went through, there's reason to worry about your mental health.) So your parents are "saving" you the way they can, short of physically locking you up.

Frankly, joining YPG and finally fighting for the good cause might be a transformative, spiritual experience for you, but of course, there's no guarantee you'll make back alive, let alone fulfilled in any way. But more importantly, your personal life will still be in pieces when (and if) you get back.

So yeah, I'll have to be the wet towel here and say you should sort your personal life out before you join YPG (which will be ironic if you do lose said life in the war, but still).

I don't see how it's memey or gimmicky. I've been doing it for a couple of months and I've noticed improvement. Plus, it's stuff that doesn't require any exercise equipment.
Embrace the bookchin tbh. Literally didn't say anything untrue in those pics

huh, intredasting.

It's not a realistic project. English won't be going anywhere.

You didn't need to mention that famalam everybody already knew.