Moderate Transitioning Instead of Sudden Migration

Since it became obvious that BO and some of xir's fellow mods are not budging on their convictions I'd like to suggest a more productive and calm approach: transitioning – meaning a process that is not sudden, irreversible, or against sentiments.

Here are my three proposals to the users.

1) If you are about to make a thread on leftypol that you are proud of, or think that is important or offers unique opportunities for lengthy discussions, then submit it to bunkerchan.xyz first (just copy & paste your text) and provide its link in your leftypol OP.

This would encourage users who are interested in your topic to check out both sites and follow the discussion in parallel. The differing post speeds of the two sites might also result in differing qualities.

2) If you see a thread-relevant post or thread on bunkerchan.xyz cross post it.
e.g.:
Well, actually, as bunkerchan.xyz/leftypol/res/140.html#q146 points out, you are wrong.

3) Adapt your mee-mees. Include both bunkerchan and leftypol in your images and videos.

[/PSA]

Other urls found in this thread:

bunkerchan.xyz/leftypol/res/192.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

* e.g. bunkerchan.xyz/leftypol/res/192.html

Stop forcing that shitty site.

how about no because thats retarded

To be clear: I don't agree with the migration idea either. I understand that this is what BO wants, and I'm only offering alternatives.

jeez

Don't be a pussy and plan to surrender already. Take a stand and stand to lose, them's the breaks. Not a step backward!

The irony here is that I agree completely. I'm just saying that since our mod team is not dropping the agenda maybe we could approach this shit with a different attitude and see as a consequence if its not workable at all, or that it can achieve small scale successes.

Also, you are welcome to critique my 3 points or the general direction (strategy) I laid down. Otherwise this will degenerate into a dick-measuring contest.

Haha, you are setting the experiment up to fail so they would think, let's not move - sneaky.

Here's a counter-argument: doing what the Boss says when you think he or she is wrong seems spooky. Rebellion would be to plan for a new board, or a takeover/purge.

1 and 2 seem reasonable as long as BO doesn't use it as a pretext to close Holla Forums because 'all the good threads are on bunkerchan anything else is Holla Forums shitposting' or something like that, 3 I'm not doing. Bunkerchan's shilling efforts here, including the latest round of drama and hotpockets, have not gone ogre well with me.

Not really. I honestly think that if the 3 points I outlined would be widely applied there could possibly two outcomes: either bunkerchan gets more content and provides a true alternate site for meaningful discussions, or bunkerchan gets spam-tier and responseless threads and proves that we are not capable of transitioning.

I honestly believe that the strategy outlined in OP is impartial in the sense that it hinges on empirical experiment. If the userbase doesn't give a shit, it won't happen. If they do, something else MAY happen. I'm not claiming to know.

BUT, what I am claiming is that my OP is much more productive than this thread: which basically amounts to a shitty advertisement. (And also, which makes me think if the mod team ever approached another human being IRL, but that's another story…)

I don't think of them as bosses. This is too simplistic. When they BAN the right people, I agree with their – shall I say – terror. When they do "mods-R-gods" kinda funny, I like them.

This is not to say that I don't hate, but more importantly that I don't see better ways of doing of what they recently did (see the FAQ thread).

also
is typically meant to suggest a person who takes away your surplus value. They don't do that. The worst you can indict accuse them of is overlapping the will of the people – which, btw, I think they committed in their immigration sperg outs.

pic

That would be suicide (as would have been the complete and forced migration of this board).

I see what you are talking about and I'm worried too. But then again, I'm worried about the current state of this board as well, in fact, I've been worried for more than 6 months.

The fact that bumkerchan enthusiasts (not talking about our mod team or BO now, but rather the same team over @them) act like autists is alarming.

*The worst you can accuse them of is NOT overlapping with the will of the people

Stop trying to divide Holla Forums, Holla Forums. Our mods are pretty great. Better than the mods of other boards.

ok

So in all seriousness if I had to score our mods, I'd give them 6.5 out of 10. I've never seen a mod team above 8.5

This.
Fuck off back to pol OP.

* on the same scale >>>Holla Forums is a stong 3.

>Since it became obvious that BO and some of xir's fellow mods are not budging on their convictions I'd like to suggest we totally fucking cave

How about we stay, because the last thing the mods want is a dead and an empty board.

All I'm saying that there is an empirical side to all of this. It shouldn't be about "Mommy said X, so I do Y!"

I like this plan, it goes with my idea of Holla Forums and bunkerchan coexisting

This. Reals over feels. I think we've made our point sufficiently well.

I thought BO already backed off and is just trying to make people more aware of our bunkers.

Bunkerchan is shit and everyone except the shills knows it.

I'm not going anywhere unless a collective decision is made by the entire 8ch community to leave for greener pastures. This whole thing is fucking dumb. Holla Forums is not the only board I use and bunkerchan is not a real substitute. Endchan or something similar should be the destination in the event of another cataclysm.

u wish

hue

Maybe you need to re-read OP. I could help you with that, but I'm afraid there's no way to do that other than making you look like a 90yrs old fag who can't read without muh glasses.

Good luck anyway with that 5 lines-long text. I'm counting on ya!

Holla Forums is shit, but what is worse is to migrate to another board and act like the problems have been solved.

What do we now about bunkerchan moderation? Isn't it basically the same as here? Aren't they tankies on top of that?

you are fooling fucking no-one. Now fuck off back to cancerchan and leave us alone.

Probably worse: identity-fags. Regardless, you are a grown man, you can read OP, you can understand that this is nothing more than an empirical proposal!

>Since it became obvious that BO and some of xir's fellow mods are not budging on their convictions I'd like to suggest a more productive and calm approach: transitioning – meaning a process that is not sudden, irreversible, or against sentiments.

It's like words have ACTUAL MEANINGS GUYS!

aww thanks comrade. I lik ur idea.

it's like you should stop posting now!

I'm Leftcom.

Yes, I understand your proposal, I am rejecting it. I would rather leave Holla Forums altogether than migrate to a board that is not a clear upgrade, especially considering the circumstances right now.

Good! On what basis? Give us actual reasons, since you are a grown up and intellectual non-corrupt citizen of leftypol!

Come on now, don't be shy! We count on you, big boy!

AAAAwww, but this means that you didn't read OP! :::🍀🍀🍀

YOu are mentally challenged! :🍀🍀🍀

I dont get why this is such a big deal. If BO wants to move on than xe should hand the board over to someone else who wants to be here and run it properly and then move on.

Likewise to those vols who want to leave for bunkerchan. Step down from those positions and go ahead and do so. There is literally nothing stopping any of you from going and posting on bunkerchan instead. Just don't be shitcunts and fuck this board up on your way out and everyone is happy.

I voiced my concerns already. You not accepting them does not invalidate them. I read the OP. I don't care whether you call it transitioning or migrating, the end result is the same. Maybe you should consider that, in fact, you are the one suffering from retardation here.

t. Psychoanthalysis Fruedtano