Hillary Clinton on North Korea in private paid speech to Goldman Sachs (via wikileaks)

Hillary Clinton on North Korea in private paid speech to Goldman Sachs (via wikileaks)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/wikileaks/status/852173290789580800
youtube.com/watch?v=MtYF_9e2azE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good read, at least she's open about her disdain for Koreans.

Is the whole "Xi hates the PLA" thing true?

Jesus how can she be so slimy.

Can you give us the cable link?

twitter.com/wikileaks/status/852173290789580800

I hope so. I remember reading that during Tianmen Square many higher ups in the military were sympathetic to the protesters. Deng was quite worried that they were going to refuse to follow orders.

Neo-maoist military coup in China when?

I don't get it, did Hillary really say anything incorrect here?

is she retarded?
what a shitty bargaining chip

It depends. I'm not sure if in the first two paragraphers she's just echoing the Chinese line or the US government line. If she's speaking for the government, the idea that Korea staying divided is a priority says a lot.

It sounds like the Chinese government line.

Yeah, I actually misread the first line, thought she said "the traditional policy" instead of "THEIR traditional policy"

I'm not sure what the big deal is then.

Nope, she said exactly what we should have expected her to (assuming this transcript is legit).

At this point the PLA top brass are just the Chinese equivalent of NeoCons. Honestly, nothing good can come of this.

How is this relevant to anything?
Just shit we already knew.

fifth paragraph:
Is this a plot to raise medical costs for Americans and to raise profits for medical companies or what does she mean by this?
Why would she view "heartburn" as useful? Is it a euphemism for something? Not a native speaker, does it have different meanings?

She's basically greentexting the CPC line, but in real life

also it's just a euphemism for "pissing off the Americans"

That's her describing the chinese line. And there's probably no long-term strategy behind it, only a periodical boner they get out of annoying NATO.

Careful, this is not an accurate view of either Chinese of Korean actual goings on. It's only an accurate version of the perception of the US foreign policy experts on these things based on incomplete and possibly sometimes fed intelligence.

Don't make too much of it, rather look at what actually happens on the ground.

youtube.com/watch?v=MtYF_9e2azE

what's PLA?

people's liberation army

U G L Y F U C K I N G R E D S

"heartburn" = discomfort, but it's not a common metaphor at all
In power politics it pays to be unpredictable so you can outmaneuver your opponent and they can't plan against you, but if your subordinates are too unpredictable, you can't plan against them, and it can cause you problems.

you've been here too much.
It's called "quoting", or more appropiately in this case "paraphrasing"