MODs should NOT be passive "observers!"

When I saw the BO sanctioned "let's get the fuck outta here" thread I was deeply trigged'.
In my opinion that thread made two things clear:
1) Our current moderation team is disconnected from the very user-base that makes up the Holla Forums community, and
2) that our mod team has been so far mere observers of the habbenings on our board.

I, for one, wish that after our BO & mods have licked their wounds should focus on the actual needs of this board, meaning the following:
We, as a board could use guidance!
By this I do not mean "top-to-bottom commands," but that our MOD-team should make threads based on their overall oversight of this board not just upon their fancy, but by themes they deem worthy.

An example. Currently, we are spammed by Trump-fags' Syria shit, yesterday, we were spammed by le white-holocaust, etc.

I believe that the mod team should create stickied threads based on trends, more precisely: threads that react to current themes!

E.g.: we have x numbers of "Trump v. Syria" threads. Such marvel, these. But the mods should intervene, IMO, and create threads with exact agendas: "Create anti-imperialist/anti-Trump memes here", "collect anti-Trump links here", "collect here the similarities b/w Trump & Obama/Hillary", "OC thread vs. Trump's current actions" and so on!

I also feel that without the mod teams' active engagement, this board will suffer. I also believe that since our (dear maggot) BO tried xir's defeatist line we became more self-conscious: if THEY don't do it, WE will!

In this spirit I raise you this question: do you want a mod-team that merely observers and moderates our discussions, or one that actively engages the community, shaping our consciousness?

Cheers!

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/DOSnLXH.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am honestly past the point of giving a fuck what happens to this place.

I like it. Temporary stickies to clean up the catalog a bit from repeating threads. Don't go as far as Holla Forums does though.

We have a group of people ready to make a /leftypolk/ when the BO and her idiot vols hike over to bunkerchan. Don't worry OP.

I want mods that deal with spam in time and don't shove their opinion into my face

leftypol needs more precise rules

No, you're obligated to uncritically follow wherever the Party leads, even if to certain doom. An anti-trot told me so

Just the fuck out with the whole Trump, or any US politics, it's all just a bunch of bullshit and the moment you start taking it seriously you lower the Autism Level of the board, eventually it will converge towards the Autism Level of Holla Forums and it will fill with libtards, because this is lefty and they consider themselves leftists, however wrong they may be. Before you know it Holla Forums will be here circlejerking over the fact that we are libtards (which we will be at that point) and then Holla Forums and Holla Forums will collide and cause a supernova of pure cancer.

No, this is cancerous to chans. Look at every prior example of rules set in stone and you always end up with a cunty mod team.

Have you ever considered it as an American containment thread?

Fair enough, I just remembered the minimize thread remains in between sessions

Just ban nazis, there is no debate possible, just bashing

But what if I'm false flagging?

problem with vague rules is that they're prone to abuse by mods

What if we just moved to Reddit lol? It has better moderation tools for what op wants and let's face it the community is more mature.

I'm serious, Reddit is the best place to Fight the eternal struggle against porkies.

Stop.

/r/Leftist_Politics is our home now

Right behind you!

Haven't you seen all the former Holla Forumstard threads? I think we are pretty good at converting them.

fuck

The moderation system on Reddit is even more of a clique factory than Anonymous imageboards.
That and censoring tools make it very easy to subverse.

pick up your skirt and don't hit yourself on the face with the door on the way out faggot.

Are you asking us to make Holla Forums more like Holla Forums like where you must be from judging from the fact that this is the only post in your post history? If people feel that a topic warrants discussion, then there will be threads about it and people will be discussing those topics. The mod team does not need to sticky anything to force discussion about anything in particular except for meta threads, and the reading list thread is the one exception.

No thanks, the quality of a board is usually proportional to how self-important the mods are.

Counterexample: /a/
It has the best moderation anywhere on Holla Forums.

You are morons who continue to allow endless shitty threads.
Not everyone has a static IP. In fact, anyone not using a VPN to post here is an idiot.

reporting makes my job easier

This is a retarted reddit tier attitude. Ban Nazis who aren't arguing in good faith and just shitting up the board, but many of those open to discussion are actually pretty smart and amenable to anti-capitalist views. We have recruited a ton of Holla Forumsyps if you weren't some newfag fresh of the boat from reddit you would know that.

speaking of which you need to go back

gr8 b8 m8

I post here very often fuq u OP.

Posting from Tor-browser, because
>judging from the fact that this is the only post in your post history?
which brings me to the following point:
some of us have noticed that you, dear mods, keep tabs on the users based on IP addresses!

This is not a "light critique" of your daily shenanigans, but about how some of you methodically operate: having stored some of our IPs and banning based on propped up charges and striking at the lightest pseudo-transgressions whenever possible. These include banning people based on (unhidden) pics, may it be pics of drawn dogs shitting, or banning people based on subjectively judged over-activity, aka. "samefaggotry."

What an irony it is to be posting on a board where IDs are disallowed (as they should be!), and yet have some of our dear mods getting triggered by the users posting behind different flags, leading them to feel an inclination to either 1) violate the users' anonymity and having them regulary named and/or pinned down based on IPs only the mods may know, or 2) ban them for the slightest perceived misbehavior, 3) the mixture of the above mentioned.

But this isn't really why I came here, I just felt that I needed to connect your "hey fag, I haven't seen your IP around" attitude to my OP…

But before that, because the complete incompetence of this board's mod team makes me rage…

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN BOTHER TO COMMENT ON THE IP FROM WHICH I HAVE POSTED, YOU COMPLETE STASI SHITHEAD?!
WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK, THAT WE, THE USERS, SHOULD ACCEPT THE NORMALIZATION OF THIS METHOD?!

khm…
Now then, back to OP!

Good. I don't care. Nevertheless as I have made it clear in OP, the board needs directions. I should make my position clear, cf. the current mod crisis. I'm asking this right after our dear BO tried to betray this community. I want a mod team who, going exactly against the trend set by BO, actually engages the community on a daily basis, not by setting stickies (meaning acting superficially engaged), but by actively inspiring the community to intervene in the current conjuncture of the board on strategically decided points.

This isn't a Stalinist gesture (as your unapproved IP tabbing & banning policy), but a common sense request, especially after the travesty you have dared to do against this community.

I do not ask you to do us a favor, I ask you to actually engage and show direction to a chaotic but creative community.

Cheers,
your mum

i.imgur.com/DOSnLXH.png

you'll get there, eventually

As /polk/ BO, I'm a little flattered. How would /leftypolk/ differ from Holla Forums exactly?

tl;dr me this thread

More of this guy.

You'd be mistaken if you thought I knew all of the Holla Forums mascots. Dead cops? For what purpose?

Less reddistatist circlejerk

sergey nechayev, nihlist superhero, said this
"The revolutionary despises all doctrines and refuses to accept the mundane sciences, leaving them for future generations. He knows only one science: the science of destruction. For this reason, but only for this reason, he will study mechanics, physics, chemistry, and perhaps medicine. But all day and all night he studies the vital science of human beings, their characteristics and circumstances, and all the phenomena of the present social order. The object is perpetually the same: the surest and quickest way of destroying the whole filthy order."
dead cops is a nice thing

Sounds pretty Jewish. There is valor and value being a builder, not simply a destroyer of things. If you destroy with the intent to build, maybe, but a destroyer for destruction's sake is just being an edgy moron.

Name 1 country without a police force that you would prefer to live in than the USA

no mods no masters

What were you trying to achieve here?

The mods here are horseshit. You can be anti-identity politics all you want on here. But if you are pro-identity politics, the mod team accuses you of falseflagging. LMAO. God what the fuck.

This is a poor challenge as the USA has a police force, probably the worst in the first world too.

You have to go back.

BO is a tranny

What the fuck is even the purpose of Holla Forums? You're just alienating everyone who isn't a white cis normie male with a one-size-fits-all "class is all that matters" perspective. Maybe you don't feel that racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, ableism doesn't have an impact on your life. But it does impact a lot of lives. And it is worsening their material conditions. I can't think of anything more spooky than to tell someone that their self-interests are ideology and they should give up their self-interests for the working class collective.

No, then is agender greysexual.

Fuck off you passive aggressive smug reddit faggot, why should we justify ourselves to you and your failed decade long project that managed to fuck up an economic crash on a platter? Keep peddling your radical liberal shit but people are sick to death of it and it falls on deaf ears. Fuck off back to reddit.

nah it serves a purpose

kill you are self

Yes that's right, because every person who is skeptical of "anti-identity politics" posturing is just a capitalist who wants protection for minority groups. Right… *rolls eyes*

Reminder that leftyreddits are almost all whiter and maler than Holla Forums

kill urself my man.

And no, I don't want the mod team to organize a bunch of "official" threads.You want a thread, go fucking make it you fucking mongrel. What makes leftypol good is that it doesn't have ten dozen stickies on the front page like Holla Forums, it doesn't try to force ideological lines besides preventing the most basic subversion, it's driven by the community, not by a clique of moderators. This is what boggles my mind the most. Why do you have such a hate boner for the mods, and yet what to institute practices which give them more power over the community!?

I'm with you on this, OP.

Ever since the attack on Syria, we have seen a lot of obvious bait threads from Holla Forumsyps and the mods seemingly do not care. Before the recent 8ch hacking, mods used to bumplock bait threads quickly. If we're going to get an influx of crossboarders, then we should have a thread we can funnel them into.

Yes, because four stickied threads is not three too much already.

most people here are for gay rights, etc etc etc. Being against identity politics doesn't mean you are homophobic etc etc. I advise you to lurk more.

Plz no. Just more cyclical threads, if necessary. Can always be a temporary cyclical thread until the phenomena has run its course.

This. I was against talking to /polyps/ back in the day but the ones who aren't retards can often be saved from their own ignorance.

Doesn't really matter when your threat level is NSA but it certainly helps.

Reminder that IDPOL chauvinism is still chauvinism with the added bonus it's mostly done by white males.

It's not one-size-fits-all. It's some-size-fits-all, because class analysis adapts to any specific condition of life and explains it in terms of the most fundamental forces in society. Class "is all that matters" because
and every other form of subjectivized discrimination is necessarily the product of class rule and the class structure of society. In discussing and seeking to abolish class, you also implicitly deal with all of these, and at a more fundamental level than the liberals, because you have an idea of their real causes.

Read Douglass' Narrative. He has an excellent materialist analysis of Northern racism.

Kill yourself, my man.
What we need is less stickies, not more.

Honestly if the fundamental question to all emancipatory politics, where we differ, is whether oppression of socially defined groups presupposes oppression of objectively defined ones, or vice versa, we could do without the arrogant, self-satisfied strawmanning of our position as something that simply ignores social constructs altogether. It's not intellectually honest of you.

Holla Forums is ironically doing exactly that right now and turning their own board into a safespace and dead reddit extention for Trumpkins.

Board Volunteers have a fucking hard job sifting through posts like this

No, where we differ is that SJWs of all flavors, both right and left, believe that categories such as "black people" exist as tangible entities outside of our minds. They believe that we can assign blame to those categories, oppress them, or liberate them by observing or altering the statistical mean of various attributes averaged over all members of the category. They believe that the average Autism Level of black people allows you to pass judgment on all black people, and they believe that giving Hillary Clinton a pay raise will help all women.

That is where we disagree.

That's what I said.
It's classic materialism vs idealism