Opinion of Verso?

So I looking for some books and I happened upon Jacobin affiliate Verso Books, a self described "radical" publishing house.

What's the opinion on them? Do they publish good books? Anything I should check out?

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/)
vkdoc.tk.
vkdoc.tk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah theyre very good. Had a 50% off everything sale a while back and I bought a lot of theory.

Their YouTube channel is pretty good.

Verso is great. They published The Next Revolution, to give one good example.

they publish some Zikek and Badiou. so they are alright by me
not that i actually buy books instead of pirating them

Verso is a great source for books in the United States. The main problem is that purchasing books is an expensive way to get political educated for many Americans.

well, that's what libgen (gen.lib.rus.ec/) is for. and that vk site that is supposedly better somehow

but if you really want physical books then verso does a 50% off sale once or twice a year, i got a few goodies that way

otherwise get pdfs and take them to a printing company – just make sure you edit them so it's not obvious you're committing copyright infringement. they shouldn't give a shit provided you're not retarded enough to rock up with an unaltered pdf of a book; it's revenue after all

and ffs sake get it printed landscape, doublesided and 2 pages per page, saves a lot of waste and money. then you can shit all over it with highlighting and notes and it doesn't matter.

academics books costs big bucks but you can get them printed for cheap that way, much cheaper than printing them yourself

bet you're still using feather pen

HET

Look at this fancy mother fucker

zero books is also a great publisher

akpress as well

I like physical books, you would be surprised what your local (university) library stocks from these publishers as well

I got a copy of captial and state and revolution from abebooks for like 10 bucks, a lot of stuff on there is cheap, but some are more pricey, I think the cheapest copy of conquest of bread was like 10 bucks, and its doubtful newer books will be on there for cheap.

I'll keep that in mind, and yeah my local lib is pretty sick but when I go home from college i'm stuck with a pretty limp dicked suburban library which just has fiction for moms

Yeah I mean they publish 95% of the radical literature I download, they're great.

vkdoc.tk. And it's better because it parses on whatever file type you want on not just VKontakte's servers, but also libgen and scihub at the same time.

I don't recommend buying books unless they're really cheap. Much better off buy a cheap ereader or tablet and just reading PDFs from that. That's what I do anyways.

Is there any reason why this website automatically directs you to a zizek search? lol

>vkdoc.tk

Wow had no idea good old Slavoj was this popular in Rossiya

The guy who coded it made it as such. Needless to say he's a big Zizek fan, not unlike many other Russians.

Anybody know where to get a download of Direct Action by LA Kauffman? Not on Libgen right now, probably too new.

Inventing the Future: Postcapitalism and a World Without Work by Nick Srnicek and Alex Williams

24/7: Late Capitalism and the Ends of Sleep by Jonathan Crary

Critique of Everyday Life by Henri Lefebvre

Dialectic of Enlightenment by Theodor Adorno and Max Horkheimer

Imagined Communities by Benedict Anderson

wtf why do i hate verso now

Their book in vaporwave is pretty gud, and even I think vaporwave is a cancerous normie meme

Also, they published Mark Fisher, he was a pretty cool dude.

Verso is great. They have 50% sales every winter. They also usually throw in free digital copies with purchases.

Unfortunately both Verso and Jacobin have published articles shilling for Islamists and military intervention in Syria but overall their pretty good.

Yeah thats kind of the root of my question, since Jacobin is so hit or miss.

I kind of want to get that Keynes book they just published, maybe when I start working again in the summer.

To Verso's credit they also publish Patrick and Andrew Cockburn who are two of the best journalists when it comes to Syria/Middle East.

I've bought at least 20 books from Verso and I don't regret any purchase so far.