Did he actually read Stirner or did he just talk shit about him from second hand info?

Did he actually read Stirner or did he just talk shit about him from second hand info?

Other urls found in this thread:

dwardmac.pitzer.edu/Anarchist_Archives/bookchin/soclife.html
youtube.com/watch?v=CnLP543uTJE&t=3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where he talk shit about Stirner? I want to see/read.

He clearly actually read him. In the Ecology of Freedom he talks about the roots of Stirnerite philosophy being rooted in Greek Stoicism, except infused with a militance "indeed an ignorance". Bookchin's critiques of Stirner are informed, and not to be dismissed without consideration.

dwardmac.pitzer.edu/Anarchist_Archives/bookchin/soclife.html

Thanks.

"indeed an arrogance" I mean

Here's the video
youtube.com/watch?v=CnLP543uTJE&t=3s

Fuck. Everything he says here about Postmodernism, post-left anarchism, and Stirner is so fucking on the nose.

Actually, honest question, are the Egoists on this board post-left? are there insurrectionary anarchists or anti-civ anarchists on this board? I've seen anprims, but I can't tell if they're trolling because I've seen them talk shit on Zerzan and speak positively about the Khmer Rouge.

The ego and it's own is pretty short though.

It's pretty wild to think Stirner died a penniless nobody when his work completely prefigured most contemporary anarchism, nihilism, existentialism, post-structuralism, and postmodernism.

Bookchin is so Based in this video

He has not a single grasp on stirner or the post left but stalinist rhetoric. Also the stirnerites of this place too have not a single grasp on Stirner. Even Rebel who has read karl schmidt, Hegel and kierkegaard has not a single grasp on stirner as he explained in a questions and awnsers video with muke.

No the egoists here are a joke, post-left folk can only really be found in irl at west america, (San francisco) south america (Mexico and Brazil) and south europe. (Greece, Italy and Spain being huge in insurrectionary anarchism)

I hear there are tons of post-left anarchists in the US north-west, to the point where it's the tendency that defines Leftist sentiments in those parts, but I've never been, so I have no clue. I also hear Communization theory is very popular in the Californian Left right now, don't know if that's a fad or not, probably related to Joshua Clover's 2016 book on rioting.

The only thing out of line here is that the thinkers promoting those philosophies did not also die as penniless nobodies.

I'm German and have read Stirner. There's not really a lot to get. The man merely formulated thoughts that few people before him formulated in that form, which is why he can serve as a springboard for both leftist and proto-fascist thought.

Idk i don't interpret Stirner as being in favor of simply 'fulfilling desire within the present system' as Bookchin says
, if anything i think that Stirner's ideas can present a call to radically change the status quo from the basis of amoralism. Thoughts anyone? Can Stirner be disassociated with postmodern thought?

Isn't this a mistake? I've never interpreted it as such. Stirner being the staunch Ghostbuster he is wouldn't resort to making the base of his dialectical structure a metaphysical one.

What did Rebel get wrong about Stirner?

go back to reddit n1x