Maoism

Why is Maoism so alluring to many? I don't understand the ideology very well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BN7FpwAa-Ls?t=11m47s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Basically because its got all the same emotional appeals as fascism (rebirth/renewal, the volk, everything revolves around what dear leader wants). but without any actual derivation from fascism, its a brand new way to fuck up.

Maoism is defeatism

Maoism = Lenin + Lao Tzu

youtu.be/BN7FpwAa-Ls?t=11m47s

I think he had a few valuable things to say.

Except Taoism and Marxism don't go together at all.

This is just my experience with internet maoism. It allows you to be a Stalinist and huff direct idpol, while also giving the illusion that you're running a "mass line" and therefore are credibly democratic.

IE it's bullshit

That being said, a lot of Mao's specific strategy for revolution was good, and although I don't agree with imperialism being the "primary contradiction" there are certain elements of it that I wouldn't be unsympathetic to.

I just don't trust the "mass line" as being anything but extremely weakened and degenerated democratic centralism.

How did Maoism lead to PoMo and idpol?

When it threw out Hegel and brought back Spinoza.

Taoism and Spinoza's philosophy are extremely similar.

Imagine that you loved a Chinese dictator as much as idiot Americans are cucked for Trump.

Maoism in brown/black/yellow countries = god-tier

Maoism in white countries = white kids calling other white kids "crackers"

To be fair Mao was on the verge of being wiped out until he hit the jackpot and Japan invaded and blew out the KMT military. They also got tons of external funding, training, and help throughout WWII and after the war. Mao's a bit overrated in that regard, his main achievement was the Long March.

Mao almost sounds like he's criticizing first world Maoists.

Spinoza compliments antihumanist Marxism quite well, I don't think it's PoMo.

Explain it.

Working on an Econ assignment at the moment but basically this book. Spinoza's understanding of desire and power as the production of affects does a lot to help us understand classcuckery etc. while also being totally compatible with diamat political economy.

For a good while there, Mao was the face of anti-imperialism, doubly so because China remained poor while the USSR was "developed" now. Also Orientalism helped a bit, with his air of Eastern sage.

To be fair, he still would be huge to this day even in these Dengist times, if only he didn't fuck everything up forever once in charge of running the country.

Map is still huge in China and most workers that lived during the time say he was better for them.

Maoism is extremely popular and successful in many countries, from China to the Philippines, from Nepal to India. Even in Turkey it's huge.

It has good aesthetics.

I meant Mao

true, I love Maoist style posters

I don't doubt that subjective living standards were better (as far as I know, one of the starting causes of the Tiananmen protests was the appearance of inflation, something that many Chinese had never experienced before Dengism), but Mao's big fuck-ups are undeniable, even if you don't count the authoritarianism that was standard-issue with any Marxist-Leninist regime.

Look at it this way. Stalin killed a shitload of people, but managed to turn the USSR from a semi-feudal, war-ravaged wasteland into a nuclear superpower in 30 fucking years. Industrialization and development always comes at an immense human cost, but for the speed with which he did it and compared to the human cost of capitalism, his body count was a fucking bargain, even if much of it was actually unnecessary.

Meanwhile, the Great Leap Forward was a trainwreck. God only knows how many millions died and how much the economy suffered, and it was for nothing. It would all be easily avoidable too, if it weren't for the authoritarian chain of command discouraging honest feedback towards superiors.

What does Spinoza have to do with Mao?

Getting "struggle sessioned" by a gang of edgy student fucks also wouldn't help. Maoism is in practice, really good at enforcing group conformity theough mass judgement. Tankie redditors may ban you causelessly, but only Maoists will make you feel inferior for it first.

Yeah, he was personally a fuckup, but the whole three-stage revolution thing in China's specific circumstances was solid theory. But the Long March was only possible because of his pseudo-Hoxhaist bunker republic in the Jiangxi Soviet gettig crushed. I have limited respect for the man himself.

Mostly Althusser tbh

That screen shot is fucking priceless.

Yeah, it's fascinating seeing the progression from Stalin to Mao. It's like seeing the same person change from paranoid to schizotypal disorder.

Mao is love, Mao is life.

Nobody understands it here either mate. I seriously suggest you go to /r/communism101 to ask this question. I've been posting here for a long time and the actual level of knowledge of theory or practice on this board is abysmally low and most people literally repeat the most superficial capitalist zeitgeist back at you when you ask this kind of question. I know this is a chan, but seriously. Ask one of the communist subreddits.

kek