Snapchat

Can someone explain this meme to me?

It's potential to produce profit supplies its value.

what you don't think the free-market knows what's best in regards to innovation and value? lmao

a lot of it is stock speculation

It has like 300 million monthly users. That is a fuckload of eyeballs. 21% of Buzzfeed's traffic comes through Snapchat. Literally almost all young people use it, why wouldn't porky find it useful?

If they can commodify it they will, every single time

Yup. Snapchat generates data on
That's off the top of my head without really thinking about it much.

Datamining for the CIA dipshit.

the government would like your personal data too

You know that they store and can reconstruct your face, right? What do you think all those filters are for? They are designed to tack and mild to the human face. A 3D model of your face exists in a CIA database somewhere, and that can be used in conjunction with video manipulation to take out basically anyone.

All these uber, snapchats, family friendly YT and so on, is the bourgies thinking they come somehow make money out of ads and whatever.

And as the people get more and more tired of ads, the system enters a new crisis and profit is lost.

Sorry, but it's just old men wanting to keep to the old ways.

I don't use it, anyway, so I don't realy know, though.

No I don't.

A third of IPOs operate under bigger fool theory. Snapchat's IPO is operating under the assumption that it will undergo six times as much profit growth as the current fastest growth in the industry.

We're in dotcom 2.0 buckos.

I follow the YouTube stuff and you're right about that. It's the same thing with the premium bullshit YouTube is trying to push with YouTube Red™©®✓🍆. They don't understand that the fundamental appeal of the platform is that it's decentralized and anybody can make stuff for it. People don't want more barriers between them and the content creators, but the old guard porky is extremely uncomfortable with a lack of barriers keeping the poormies out.

It has to make it's money back…

Sure the stock may be rising or whatever.. but how long can a stock rise without the actual product making any profit?

A long time because everyone is sitting on tons of excess capital that can't find profitable investment

I hate to sound like a wrong generation no fun faggot like you lot do all the time but snapchat really can go to hell

So, all it takes is a stock market collapse….

Hmmm…

My personal information pales in worth to sweet, sweet nudes.