Whats wrong with Elon Musk?

Sure I understand that he is a porky by virtue of being a CEO, but maybe its just me but I get the feeling that this guy is more corrupt than the average porky. Is there any evidence to back that up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xrdTK69CNck
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosphere_2#Challenges
youtube.com/watch?v=dBZxth7SMmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, there's no convenient leak or through graph that shows Elon Musk is a factually worse than other porkys. However Elon Musk is shit because he wraps his porkyness in a facade of eco-friendly and caring bullshit. So instead of wanting to remove any influence he might have, liberals fawn over him because "he's trying to save the planet" or "he's not like Trump" to excuse his porky faggotry.

He refused unionization of Tesla. He's the worst kind of porky.

Not really
He's about as corrupt as everyone else on top. Sure he praises "muh markets" while relying on government handouts, but that's hardly note worthy

He is aggressively anti-union.
He wants to create a space colony only for rich people.
He wants to grind us all up into soylent.

Worst of is his fucking neckbeard cult of personality.

good feels, hopefully we get bill gates on board too

B-but he supports UBI. Doesn't that make him one of the good guys, fellow leftists?

If it wasn't him it would be some other asshole

Just a symptom of capitalism

and this gem:

"There will also be little things that come along like free frozen yogurt stands scattered around the factory and my personal favorite: a Tesla electric pod car roller coaster (with an optional loop the loop route, of course!) that will allow fast and fun travel throughout our Fremont campus, dipping in and out of the factory and connecting all the parking lots," Musk wrote. "It’s going to get crazy good."

Silicon Valley capitalists are the most hateable capitalists

So standard porky stuff then

He sounds like a sociopath who wants to "be a good guy" but fundamentally misunderstands what makes for a good life.
hint: it's not roller coasters

That and so many bourgs can do nothing but see themselves as the parents and caretakers of the silly babby proles, because, of course, capitalism is totally meritocratic thus capitalists are obviously the most well equipped and justified in controlling workers.

He's just a space porky parading as the savior of humanity.

i admire his passion thou
youtube.com/watch?v=xrdTK69CNck

Goddamn, his fucking boot-lickers are the worst. The combination of hipsters with iPhones and libertarians who smoke weed but are convinced you should get the death penalty for breaking a window.

christ you faggots. he just wants to make cool shit and not be annihilated in nuclear fire

Who was threatening to annihilate him in nuclear fire? Please get treated for that schizophrenia

He wants to make money off of the industries that will build the necessary material conditions for nuclear war, aka climate change and energy grabs, then leave 80-90% of the population to languish in perpetual darkness from Nuclear Winter while he and his """"""""""friends"""""""" go get high on designer drugs all day orbiting Mars

kek, good luck with that since we can't even get a fucking working prototype for that shit on Earth

while he and his """"""""""friends"""""""" go get high on designer drugs all day orbiting Mars

Fuck, ctrl c'd wrong thing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosphere_2#Challenges

I never said any of that was viable, just explaining why Musk is interested in space travel which is for wealth and power and to save his own skin. Biospheres are a retarded idea, you have to account for the billion different evolutionary and climatic factors in every ecosystem, creating a new one out of thin air will always end in failure if you actually expect long term survivability to be attainable. They'll figure out how to get to Mars with the Plasma propulsion project they're dumping funds into with NASA, Musk will steal the general idea and there will be competition between private and government space programs.

Is nobody bothered that the owner of a nasa subcontractor is an advisor to the white house?

hes just doing it to keep silly drumpf in check :dddd

It's much funnier imagining Musk and his fellow oligarchs starving/asphyxiating to death because they missed something in the calculations en-route to Mars tho

I find myself oddly attracted to him.

The whole "Paypal mafia" seems to suffer from this grandiose thinking, Peter Thiel especially. These people think they can create superintelligent computers, floating cities, affordable space travel, etc.

I find it ironic that his company name is Tesla, when he engages in the same practices as Edison did, like taking credit for the work of his engineers/employees.

ISHYGDTT

I hate his guts

ScUBI dUBI doo

Personally, I'd like to imagine they create a resistant virus that colapses their civilization and they end up living in extreme poverty.

Talking as a STEMlord, I bet that working on Tesla's projects could be superinteresting, to provide enough satisfaction on a curious mind, rollercoasters would be and extra.
The issue would be of course, non-engineering blue collar workers who would draw the short stick on this guy's system.
I believe this guy could be a good manager for people with this profile, the problem is when capitalism make's him a leader of the society as a whole.

Milton fucking Friedman supported UBI

the left needs to stop settling for the right's abandoned policies. just look at Obamacare

Musk: I am going to stop climate change.
Musk: But first, lets go to the MOON lel

Supposedly he's like Jobs
Walks around, talks a big game, shits on his workers and fires them over random shit, has a 2nd in command who follows him and fixes shit/rehires people immediately

I hate him for being a reddit lolberg STEMlord.
I half wish I'd stuck with learning engineering shit just so I could understand the psychology of the STEMlord (particularly the engineer who I've always suspected has an inferiority complex compared to the others, and thus defends his turf the hardest. without actually becoming one.

I get unreasonably infuriated by privately contracting launches when you consider that NASA hardware has always been built contracted.
Somehow that transfer of branding flips my switch from "Happy Ikea Capitalist" to "Genocidal Fascist"

I felt like Herzog shat all over him in his recent technology/internet documentary and Musk didn't even realize it.

I'm conflicted by that analogy. Even if I hate Jobs, I do believe he had some nice ideas on interfaces and how people could interact with tech; that pushed the ideas on how we interact with machines, even if he implemented on consumer bullshit.
But comparing that with Musk feels weird because I do think that it could push some technological advances that humanity should strive to achieve, but it's shitty that it would be implemented in such a bourg fashion.

It's capitalist cult of personality all over again. Capitalism needs this kind of "benevolent kings" who are somehow better at running things than government to reinforce the ideology as somehow meritocratic system. What is strange in this idea that there should be second person. Tesla vs Edison, Jobs vs Gates, Musk vs ???
It's really strange and suspicious that no porky wants to gain attention and prestige along him, i wonder what is reason of that, especially because it would effectively shift debate from "is Musk really good?" to "Is Musk better than X?"

I beg to differ, the cult of personality trascends beyond capitalism, and IMO, is toxic in it's own ways. In capitalism, it's the capital as a reward that creates it's problems, and in a society that values this capital this is a reinforcement of that pseudo meritocratic system.
I agree with you in the second sentence.

He is extra aggravating because his cult of personality leads Reddit dipshits and normies to call him "Tony Stark!!"

Lionizing capitalists that are in unique and coincidental positions of power to do things less powerful people want instead of desiring the remaking of society such that you might be able to advocate for these things otherwise (e.g., the bullet trains, fighting climate change with new tech, building the Enterprise or whatever). At least in the case of shit like good, efficient public transport and fighting climate change that seems naturally in the interest of your average prole, but the space shit is kind of up in the air. Musk wants to make space colonies that will probably be inhabited by rich people or engineers trying to create new opportunities for capital to expand. I think a bunch of STEMlords find this interesting in the abstract, but it'd be nice if this kind of thing naturally benefited us all instead of being privately owned from the outset, which will probably just lead to more privileging of capital for space exploration.

FROZEN

YOGURT

STEM nerd leftists brains are short circuiting trying to reconcile autistic progress for the sake of progress with anti-capitalist ideology

I dunno maybe taking 5 billion in government taxpayer money to fund his private business? Is that enough evidence for you lefty pol fags?

leftypol doesn't even make sense its an oxy moron. the left is politically correct by definition.

Can I gulag porkies without offending anybody then?

And we have a winner for dumbest shitpost of the day!

Reminder that it was the right which defended the monarchy and the total control of the Catholic Church over French society and the left which fought for democracy and free speech.

Left = anti-authoritarian, pro freedom, Right = pro-authority (usually the establishment), anti-left

Even tankies nominally believe in a transition to a stateless, classless society. On the other hand, social justice warriors (who I think you're referring to as the entire left) aren't even really leftists nominally because they don't believe in destroying hierarchies - they just want to switch who's on top in them and silence anyone who disagrees with that.

They're quintessentially liberal and anti-communist, not leftist in any way.

feminism is reactionary, idpol is reactionary, welfare is reactionary

Then why do people look at me funny when I say we should disband the police and any cop who's ever broken any law should have to face double the usual punishment?

He's gonna make white exploration and white only planets possible.

Nothing wrong with that.

no leftism and marxism has typically been the home of progress, which is not just "for the sake of progress" because there are obvious benefits people want out of it

IMO the real question is,

Is he corrupt or is he a true idiot that got too much money by chance?

Read the FAQ newfag

I'm not sure which one of you two is more cancerous, go treat your mental problems somewhere else.

wow the answer was somewhere in the middle all along

he is steve jobs tier

Lol bitch I have a friend who works with NASA and SPACEX is a bunch of dumb choades trying to build a rocket that's cloud compatible.

Private space exploration is a total meme industry.

no sociopath gives a single fuck about trying to "be a good guy".
that's kind of what sociopathy is like.

If you "believe in the illuminati" or an illuminati-like organisation then you'd see where this guy fits in.
The slow decline of US government funding for space exploration was their doing so someone like him could fill the void.

KEK

Face it, space exploration belongs to the private sector now. Eventually, you'll have to pay to leave Earth when it inevitably becomes uninhabitable.

Keep telling that to yourself.

Oh, and the hyperloop is BS.

The private sector can only bring us to the Robocop Cyberpunk Dystopia.

youtube.com/watch?v=dBZxth7SMmM