Does it occur to anyone that the reason crappy wage slave jobs exist is

because people accept them?

i've personally been in TERRIBLE employment situations, and, even then, it was always a choice, even if that choice were criminal, antisocial behavior, or simplifying, as per thoreau. sometimes i went that route.

i feel like these people just don't give af, and aren't willing to stand up for themselves.

what's wrong with us here at Holla Forums that we read and think and care about these things? why is the large part of humanity so docile?

i work for a union now and the difference is night and day. there really is a better life, but most people don't want to take it. why?

Other urls found in this thread:

whywork.org/
8ch.net/leftypol/res/1514200.html#q1517207
electricaltrainingalliance.org/locateaTrainingCenter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sometimes it's hard work to be a criminal too.

t. former wage slave and petty criminal

I prefer the suffering of being ostracized from society over the suffering of being a part of society.

Not really.
For most people the "choice" is either to accept work in shitty jobs or starve.

There's plenty of alternate lifestyle choices, the issue is that they all suck as much as working

that is exactly how I feel

I'm definitely not happy now but I was even more miserable as a wage cuck.

i used to think so too, then i got sick.
you can live on no income. most people are not aware of this.

whywork.org/

Drug dealing does not suck as a job, it can just get sketchy and dangerous if you're an idiot. The risk/reward ratio is pretty good if you're not greedy.

no income user, pls enlighten me on how to move out of my parents house despite having no income

Nah dude that sucks as a job. You never know when you're gonna randomly get assigned 20 years in jail.

i had to do this a few years ago after my brother tried to kill me
just live in your car if you have to. there are homeless shelters. you can live in a tent.

there are always alternatives

the sad part is, most people are happiest working, and derive satisfaction from a (not shitty, meaningful) career.

i am firmly pro-work, but pro-useful work. most of what you do in a wageslave job is antisocial and a waste of fucking time. this is because they are paying you minimum wage and therefore your time really is worthless to them.

There's literally no way to get such a career these days, the pay barrier is too great and it exists in the form of certificates and universities.

Top kek, I live in a police state and it's not so psychotic.

Are normies really happy with their jobs or are they just putting up a front or lying to themselves?

I've hated every job I ever had.

I would be happy to collect a basic income from the government and never have to work. I don't think that's fair to everyone else. But I also don't think it's fair to pay me $8.55/hr and work 40 hour work weeks while the bourgeoisie are passively earning millions and billions of dollars every year.

some guy in another thread was just telling me about how all you need to get a helpdesk job is an A+ cert from comptia.
see 8ch.net/leftypol/res/1514200.html#q1517207

i'm an apprentice with the ibew currently, it's a great job and they pay for my education. i don't know what alternatives there are to tradeswork: obviously not everyone has math or mechanical ability. i probably only have one of the two.

i'm not saying that your nihilism isn't misplaced, just that you have to be more creative.

i ask them constantly, and i feel like most of them are either reasonably satisfied, or don't know what else is out there.

i was on disabilty for years: it got boring. working doesn't Actually Have To Be Shit as i've learned from a brief experience with an actual career.

find some way join a union, employers will suddenly be obliged to not treat you like complete and utter shit. highly recommended.

Was it difficult to get an apprenticeship in the union? I'm very interested in electrician work.

Being NEET gets boring. I've been NEET for 2 years. But I dread the thought of getting a job again.

- The thought of putting in the effort to re-work my resume and cover letter, apply for jobs, prepare for job interviews, go to job interviews, etc. only to not get the job is frustrating.

- And then the thought of dealing with shitty bosses, shitty co-workers, shitty customers, etc.

- The stress of fighting rush hour traffic to and from work.

- Having absolutely no control over your time. Your schedule revolves around your job.

I have been doing some casual work from home stuff in the last 9 months. And it feels less intimidating. But I'm not making much money. I live with my dad so that's fine for now. But he's not going to be around forever.

it wasn't for me because a minority (female) with math talent and apparently they require a certain quota for gov't jobs.

my brothers say it's competitive. i applied last june took their test in august and made the first year class within three weeks. HUGE life change.

i say go for it, the construction industry is coming back, the worst that could happen is they choose someone else.

Sometimes I think that wage cucking is not so bad. Because it's been so long since I had a job. But then I read old posts of mine where I describe how miserable I am at work.

Getting a job to me is a lot like getting a girlfriend. The process is very tedious. You have to put in effort with no guarantee of reward. I preferred school to work because I saw actual results from my effort. And if I just wasn't getting the material, I would just drop the course and do another course. I studied, I learned, I did well on tests and essays. When you play an RPG, you fight the weaker monsters first, you get stronger, you accumulate gold. You buy better weapons and gear. You can move on to bigger challenges. The world of work is not like that. People on the bottom of the ladder have to work very hard, deal with a lot of stress, etc. Like working at McDonald's. It's not like there's an Imp or Slime that I could just easily slay and then keep slaying to build up experience. Even McDonald's is overwhelmed with job applicants and I don't even want to work at McDonald's. One of the most demeaning jobs you can take.

And then when I'm actually in a job/relationship, the social awkwardness really comes to bite me in the ass.

Normalfags keep saying "never give up" "you gotta keep trying!" What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.

I'm unironically drawn to the idea of mass suicide until working conditions improve or society collapses.

In any choice with the format "Do what I say (on terms you dislike) or we both lose out." it's preferable to pick the situation where everyone loses to spite the person posing the question.

this is literally leftist theory 101

The landlord owes his riches to the poverty of the peasants, and the wealth of the capitalist comes from the same source.

Take the case of a citizen of the middle class, who somehow or other finds himself in possession of £20,000. H could, of course, spend his money at the rate of £2,000 a year, a mere bagatelle in these days of fantastic, senseless luxury. But then he would have nothing left at the end of ten years. So, being a “practical person,” he prefers to keep his fortune intact, and win for himself a snug little annual income as well.

This is very easy in our society, for the good reason that the towns and villages swarm with workers who have not the wherewithal to live for a month, or even a fortnight. So our worthy citizen starts a factory. The banks hasten to lend him another £20,000, especially if he has a reputation for “business ability”; and with this round sum he can command the labour of five hundred hands.

If all the men and women in the country-side had their daily bread sure and their daily needs already satisfied, who would work for our capitalist at a wage of half a crown a day, while the commodities one produces in a day sell in the market for a crown or more?

Unhappily — we know it all too well — the poor quarters of our towns and the neighbouring villages are full of needy wretches, whose children clamour for bread. So, before the factory is well finished, the workers hasten to offer themselves. Where a hundred are required three hundred besiege the doors, and from the time his mill is started the owner, if he only has average business capacities, will clear £40 a year out of each mill-hand he employs.

He is thus able to lay by a snug little fortune; and if he chooses a lucrative trade and has “business talents” he will soon increase his income by doubling the number of the men he exploits.

So he becomes a personage of importance. He can afford to give dinners to others personages — to the local magnates, the civic, legal, and political dignitaries. With his money he can “marry money”; by and by he may pick and choose places for his children, and later on perhaps get something good from the Government — a contract for the army or for the police. His gold breeds gold; till at last a war, or even a rumour of war, or a speculation on the Stock Exchange, gives him his great opportunity.

Nine-tenths of the great fortunes made in the United States are (as Henry George has shown in this “Social Problems”) the result of knavery on a large scale, assisted by the State. In Europe, nine-tenths of the fortunes made in our monarchies and republics have the same origin. There are not two ways of becoming a millionaire.

This is the secret of wealth; find the starving and destitute, pay them half a crown, and make them produce five shillings worth in the day, amass a fortune by these means, and then increase it by some lucky hit, made with the help of the State.

Are you implying anyone can get a union job? That isn't true at all

if I don't work, I die. I am not allowed to provide for myself without participating in the capitalist system or I get imprisoned.

this is when NEETing starts to make a lot of sense: by shrinking the unpaid labor force you're in turn forcing employers to improve conditions & pay.

but i think some of this also occurs on the job: you have to stand up for yourself and your rights, to say "no" every once in a while.

i think a work ethic is a wonderful thing; i also think it's worth considering what you want to accomplish. busting your ass to make someone else rich is just completely fucking stupid and insane.

prison is a state of mind, as that guy from shawshank redemption once said.

How do I apply? Should I just show up at the local office? Do I have to go through a union phone book and call some guy for an appointment old school style?

electricaltrainingalliance.org/locateaTrainingCenter

lots of people don't even bother to apply.
anyhow i feel like the solution is not mass flight to better careers but change where it is needed. mcd's workers need to stop taking it up the ass and form a union already.

the trouble is, outside this small forum, most people are shits and would rather stab you in the back than work together.