Explain your metaphysics leftypol

Other urls found in this thread:

empyreantrail.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/dialectics-an-introduction/
plato.stanford.edu/entries/metaphysics/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Being, Nothing, and Becoming.

Please elaborate

Get in there, OP

I once killed an entire goblin fortress in adventure mode. It was the most tedious experience of my life and i do not reccomend it

empyreantrail.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/dialectics-an-introduction/

I recommend a fort right in Satan's asshole.

Are you me?

Not fucking hegelianism, that's for sure

nofap satanism

Guaranteed responses

Remember to sage, spurdofag. It's considered good form.

That's a question so vague that it's nearly impossible to answer with any coherence, OP.

Im about halfway through and what im getting from this is Hegel plagairized Buddha while leaving out meditation, the most valuable part

It's not plagarism if everybody is one unending consciousness.

It wasnt a question it was an invitation. Bring all the coherence you want to it, if you like. Its about framing is it not? Are you complaining that i haven't framed my thread properly?

Fair enough, though i wonder how much of the pathologies of philosophers and marxists hes responsible for.

2cat

Materialism all the way

Everything else is intellectual masturbation

But in Hegel not everybody is one unending consciousness; the absolute is most fully actualized in self-consciousness, but self-consciousness is not synonymous with the absolute.

Heresy

There's only one metaphysics, the religio perennis. It just takes different forms and uses different symbols to refer to the Absolute reality from which we all originate and to which we will all return and be judged.
I prefer Christianity as the best conduit to metaphysics properly understood.

Atheists can't even begin metaphysics honestly. Its Sad. You can argue me but you will not win.

I assume by "atheists" you mean materialists, specifically material nihilists correct?

Seriously though what is metaphysics. I understand what those words mean individually but put together that way they dont make any sense to me.

it literally means after physics, socrates was all about it, usually ghosts and shit sometimes majic demons and prison rape

Holographic universe.

Reality is constructed from illusions, if we recognise this then we can bend them to our will.

plato.stanford.edu/entries/metaphysics/

SEP articles are written by philosophers, so pls don't ask Holla Forums when good resources are available.

sophists can fuck off

metaphysics and theology are almost indistinguishable and are worthless for the living. pursue them at your own risk

Its called Naturalistic Physicalism or Biomaterialism you fucking twat and its not worth a shit

Uh No. Hegel doesn't deny individual agency to a certain extent, see for example world historical figures.

10/10

I think baphomet looks cool

It's about that which came before "things" before the multiplicity of particulars, before "time" and "matter" and man and beast. It is about that which is not a being-among-many but the "ground of Being" itself. Until you begin to talk about the Absolute, the source if so-called reality, you aren't doing metaphysics.

And until you begin to "relate" to it, personally, you aren't fully human but basically an animal stuck in your own subjectivism running on auto-pilot, following blind passions and false idols.

Real freedom comes from relating to the Absolute, following "the Good", basically worshipping God alone. God is the realest, everything else is basically a transient illusion in comparison.
And whatever you place primacy on becomes your idol, and all false idols lead us away from God and delude mankind and entrap us.

GAUDIYA VAISHNAVISM WILL SAVE THE PLANET

If there was something prior to time and matter then
Ah, carry on.

I'm still confused.

If metaphysics looks at things that came before reality, doesn't that make them not real?

anti-spook

Jesus but with even more communism

Prior logically not temporarily. The distinction doesn't make sense relatively speaking (because before is a temporal term) but you can sort of grasp it intuitively… No? i.e that which is not bound by time, it's atemporal, but our grammar can only point to it indirectly…

Hmm I'd refer you to Guenon or Schuon, their works are worth reading if you wanna know what real metaphysics is and can do for you.

I said so-called reality, because what we perceive as "real" (trees, dreams, ideologies, galaxies) are only relatively real, temporary and totally contingent phenomena… while the Absolute is, well absolute, it doesn't begin or end, it doesn't change or "appear" , it abides forever, its nature is "to be", that's why most proofs for God kind of miss the point… It is what allows for the possibility of 'existences' – the multiplicity of phenomena we naively take to be "real" and call "the world". Its like the allegory of the Cave, or Maya, what humans and animals take to be concrete and "real" are just contingent phantasms, the realest thing is actually the Eternal ground of Being itself, which is the condition for the possibility of our so-called reality.

Used to be an atheist, now I basically am, but with greater spiritual mindset. I am of the belief that when it comes to metaphysics, in a matter of time problems will reveal themselves. That being said, in some ways metaphysics are unavoidable when concerning our existence on earth, so there is merit in many types.

Idealist nonsense.

Not having a faith while still being open spiritually is called being agnostic. You arent AN agnostic, because thats an autistic psuedo-religion for illiterate Neanderthals who outgrew atheism but still want to be smug and not go to church on Sundays, but BEING agnostic means you just dont find yourself digging into the metaphysical too often while there is still a revolution to stir up.

Another way of putting it is that you are secular in your beliefs.

I think the reason someone turns to metaphysics and spirituality is to find how they relate to everything else, their place in the universe, or get outside themselves and know what it's like to experience experience in itself. Though I have read a bit about metaphysics, instead I think I might have found what I was looking for through just trying to learn a tiny bit every day about how the universe works. Basic physics, biology, and math, watching some pop sci videos, that kind of stuff.

It's nothing that dense or complicated but when I learn something fascinating it gives me a feeling that reminds me to keep the big picture in mind. For me the most comforting thing is to try imagining everything that went into shaping the intricate realty that happened to create the conditions for my very existence as this vague awareness peering out into a world that is just an infinitesimal sliver of the vast, unfathomable totality we call the universe.

We are all prisoners in the lowest hell. Each one of us has to stay here until their term is up. Then your cases will be evaluated by parole officers aka "guardian angels", where they decide on whether you learned your lesson and are allowed to haul space crates in some space docks, or whether you are still considered a serious threat and get reborn again.

Our punishment is dealing with each other for humans are horrible people. The only way to break this system and show out worth is by implementing genuine communism worldwide. By doing so we would break the system.

Real is only physical.

Univocity of being, Bergsonian vitalism and Discordianism.

nice, I like to concern myself with the truths of these things, and all I am able to say after years of reading and study is that while no "staple" god exists, forces beyond our sight and experience have relative coherence and it would also be equally wrong to assume absolute materialism, such that I had years ago.

Scotus get out reee