Wheres the fucking color?

Wheres the fucking color?
I can't be the only person left in the world whose bugged by consoles being dominated by black and grey shells. Even the original Xbox had a nice splash of color with the green circle, and psx was a nice standout grey and logo, ps2 had a lesser blue logo even.
Now the only colors in the game market I can think of is the 3DS (Even though those are usually half black) and switch controllers (While the buttons and screen are black).
Can't remember the last time I saw something like a colored cartridge, think it might've been pokemon emerald on the gameboy. That shit I really miss, when a game had a non standard color you knew you were in for a time.

Why the fuck did this happen?

Attached: Xbox.png (498x506 243.68 KB, 39.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

etsy.com/search?q=nintendo switch&explicit=1&ref=guided_search_1_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the PS4 and Vita have a fucking ton of variations. Some I really like. Maybe do some research, retard.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (620x420 361.14 KB, 88.27K)

Not everyone is a little kid. You shouldn't be here if you are.

It's okay to have a white PS2

That's why you need PS4 canada.

Attached: ps4 canada.jpeg (1001x1001, 287.11K)

Almost every 3DS collector edition and god knows they made a fuckton of these things.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1051x1280, 1007.94K)

I just want some decorations. Everything nowadays is black by default and its depressing. Because oh boy my black console looks great next to my black cable box, black frame TV, black computer tower, and black VHS player.

Vita I honestly forgot existed, but ps4 I got tricked by a lot of the images I found being 'What if's. Though I'm noticing now most the ones I can find for sale either look like a bit of a clusterfuck or dirty like that.
These two are about the most appealing ones I can find, but fucking props for them going more creative with the colors.

Attached: 51pFpNxwEJL._AC_US327_QL65_.jpg (327x327 18.64 KB, 27.49K)

Actually you can just buy replacable stickers.

Attached: 5.jpeg (749x563 261.66 KB, 49.42K)

Could you believe, user, that there was a time when Apple products weren't exclusively white, with "special" black and gold versions? What a time.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (800x467, 238.44K)

Mate that third one's a bit of a train wreck. Can't even follow it, like the awesome face, the laughing variant, a 'WTF', hotwheels, Cool Story Bro, just what is this supposed to be?

Yeah, I had one of those. Teal one with marker doodles on the white part. Good times

Attached: 1428164487565.jpg (1521x817 52.38 KB, 133.22K)

Attached: 5.jpeg (730x429 260.68 KB, 29.36K)

1999 was a magical time

these are all official variations with custom shells, not stickers.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (600x338 344.77 KB, 186.3K)

gopnik edition

Attached: adidas pink.jpeg (1000x660 400.02 KB, 201.8K)

Consoles are mainly marketed to young (or not so young, 30 or so) adults. They have to be grey or black and blend in the furniture, so that customers will not be reminded they are buying toys.

Just buy custom housing shells.

Attached: 3278092-case 1.jpg (616x348 71.89 KB, 28.01K)

I got that ps4 controller, it's the one I use on my PC. Shit looks amazing in person.

Attached: afe570861fe1c55e2638d282663e3458f259e96bd54d47eecc42975d1696cf5a.jpg (1200x900, 179.21K)

THE GAMES JACK, WHAT ABOUT THE GAMES?

We are past infancy and now as mature gamers buy mature consoles, colors were embarrassing.

Well its related if anything to the consoles, but to an extent the presentation. Sort of like how a tasty slop isn't exactly as good as a well presented meal, just not quite as potent.
Like I said when you had a colored cartridge you knew you were in for a time, especially if it wasn't pokemon.
Like I remember my system as a kid was:
Grey means its good, but gonna be a bit dry
Black means its gonna be unique or have a twist
Crystal means its a fucking wild card

lmao @ plebs

Attached: GAYMAN_RIG.jpg (1400x788, 73.65K)

I doubt they can afford that fam, they are already wasting their rubels on sunflower seeds

Attached: 5554bbe5a8b8c3a09fe3d71e675bad8156964c987295b7aef310355974eb9ded.jpg (687x434, 73.28K)

I'm still waiting on a Miku Edition of the Nintendo Switch before buying one. Not even just because I like Miku, but I really like the color Teal/Aquamarine and that teal and black color scheme is sexy as fuck.

Attached: PxKIm4Y.jpg (580x363 685.61 KB, 55.02K)

Who gives a shit?

Attached: muh colurs.jpg (960x808, 91.74K)

Attached: faggot.jpg (518x359, 29.06K)

This shit is pretty slick.

Nigger.

Attached: ucAuPRwrK6v6gTlwAl11nGDg7PivRN9gRamTnh6pM88.jpg (239x354 53.08 KB, 129.87K)

Damn that woodgrain skin looks cool. Maybe when PS4's get to 50 bucks I'll get one and a skin.

I want a PS4 Namek.

The colored lights meme caught on so hard that my video card has glowing letters on it.

The sad part is I still adore them on PC's. .

Color and life are forbidden, goy. Your life needs to be as dull as possible to remind you everyday that you are a slave.

Attached: Boredom is just the beginning.webm (198x160, 4.07M)

Cars are like that too now tbh. Now I just see white,black, red, gray, and green. I rarely see anything else, it feels like the world has dialed down in creativity in the last 15 years.

I think you like big, hairy cocks in your dirty poopy butt.

Attached: thanks doc.jpg (960x808, 54.18K)

noice

Attached: =3.png (246x237, 113.51K)

etsy.com/search?q=nintendo switch&explicit=1&ref=guided_search_1_1

Attached: il_340x270.1206435650_24u5.jpg (340x270 21.54 KB, 18.18K)

Multi-coloured hardware models is homosexual tier. I bet OP uses an Apple product to shitpost on Holla Forums.

Attached: imac.jpg (1024x768, 154.28K)

Probably because they usually sold a lot less than black and grey versions if they weren't limited run special editions.

Fuck color. Where the hell is the wood grain?

I remember the 00s being the white generation because it was the popular thing for machines to be white with roundish edges aside from Nintendo's more colorful cube consoles up until the wii. 10s was the black generation where it's the popular thing for machines to be black and angular.

Attached: paul blart bane.jpg (640x480, 47.72K)

Behold.

Attached: post this image in crt threads.jpg (1036x726, 149.95K)

But monotone black is shit for night camouflage, you faggot. It silhouettes like a motherfucker, and is considerably more visible than navy blues or dark grays.

Colorful devices turn you into a faggot.

It's really amazing how easily Corsair and other companies manipulate /r/pcmasterrace with stupid shit like this. And they welcome it too.

there is no bigger corporate cocksucker than what we consider the mustard race

Attached: the master race2.jpg (2448x3264, 1.71M)

I really want the Loto one.

Attached: doko_demo_issyo3-black.jpg (2728x2046 184.7 KB, 505.65K)

I remember that being a late 90's thing. In the early 00's, it was about black with sharp angles. Not going to post a pic of NGC, because obviously cubes have sharp angles. PSOne did come out in 00, but I think it was purposely rounded to give it a more 90's look to visually reinforce that it was a last-gen console.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (290x174 19.95 KB, 5.38K)

To note: The Xbox 360's design was concave specifically to get away from the "Box" and hard angle asthetic, and to make it look slimmer since one of the major complaints about the Xbox was that it was just a huge ugly black brick.

It had to do with the trend of making electronics sleeker and more "adult." Video games were no longer marketed exclusively towards kids/teens and apparently being colorful was "kiddie." It's even in graphic design, look at how everything is becoming retardedly simplistic. Nothing has style anymore. Because smooth and shiny is how you appeal to the largest amount of people. And to a lesser extent, it also has to do with color theory and how black goes with everything. Sometimes an oddly shaped box can look ugly and stick out if it doesn't match the color/theme of where ever you've placed it. And to be fair, both the NES and SNES came in a boring gray, but I guess you could argue against that saying they at least had splashes of color in places. Color honestly doesn't matter a whole lot to me.

Those are all teenager bait.

Attached: cancerfag.jpg (1200x1176, 204.03K)

You know nothing of sharp angles.

Attached: 1_uwmff_52.jpg (500x368, 29.2K)

Attached: bane ps4.png (687x348, 214.94K)

Normalfaggots love assault consoles.

Why did transparent consoles and controllers go out of vogue? That shit was cool.

Always looked cheap to me to be honest.

I miss my Samba de Amigo dreamcast.

Color is utterly irrelevant for a console.

To be fair, el goblino there is Brazilian, aka. not white.

The RGB meme can look interesting if it's not just exuding rainbow vomit.

We've had LED strips for a long time and before LED strips there were cathodes. LED fans have been around for ages too. RGB is just a means to make the LEDs whatever the fuck color you want instead of being limited to a handful of choices. Before there were a few LED colors that were popular enough to be used in large quantities and anyone investing in purple for instance would be losing money since more fags were buying the standard red or blue.

Who new PCfags would want to have settings for LEDs that didn't amount to "Graphics: ON/OFF"? People like to rag on RGB but case lighting has been around for ages and at least RGB gives more than the shitty handful of options there were in the past.

Attached: LED_guide_1.png (853x480 1.03 MB, 11M)

When the fuck are we getting Project Diva on the Switch

To sell to mature gamers like

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1024x660, 1.44M)

Transparent consoles only look good if they're passively cooled, or if they're never used. Otherwise, they're a fucking mess to keep clean and well maintenanced to maintain that look. Most console manufacturers don't want the headache of fielding a shit-ton of support calls from idiots who opened up their systems to clean them and broke something - nor do they want cumsumers to get the idea that opening up their systems and tinkering is an acceptable activity.

And yeah, I agree with - transparent consoles look gaudy and unaesthetic as fuck anyhow.

To each their own I guess. I can never hate the look if they're not fully transparent.

Colour is too much fun.

Clear plastics tend to be more brittle over time, user.

The first one is legit fantastic. I love that 70s console style.