Shilling Midair

Mason Long
Mason Long

So this comes out in a few weeks. I figured I might as well make a thread now to get the word out before release.
What is it
Tribes but made by a different company basically. It's going to be Free to play with Open Beta starting next months.
Why should I care
Because it's basically Tribes made by a company that isn't Hi-Rez. I know 90% of you faggots who aren't new are desperate to re-live the old TA days.

Attached: AdeptPhysicalGerenuk-mobile.mp4 (737.01 KB, 640x360)
Attached: PeskyPerkyEarwig.webm (1.53 MB, 1280x720)
Attached: LazySecondHerculesbeetle.webm (933.41 KB, 1280x720)
Attached: ArcticOldAfricanhornbill.webm (1.63 MB, 1280x720)

Other urls found in this thread:

tribesuniverse.com/)

Jacob Russell
Jacob Russell

admits to shilling a shitty game
Each of those videos has 1 or 2 people. Looks unfun and boring. How many more times do you want to copy/paste shit games before you finally admit you've had enough. Shills belong in the trash.

Landon Cook
Landon Cook

mfw you want to go fast again
I'll believe it when I see it.

Attached: sad-pointy-ears.png (51.07 KB, 180x170)

Nicholas Peterson
Nicholas Peterson

But more effort into your shitposting user. At least try to act like you have played the old Tribes
I have been in the alpha for a few months and I am enjoying it. I guess you will have to see for yourself in a few weeks. I (or more likely someone else) will make a thread when it's released and we can all try it then. At the very least it can't be worse than Tribes Ascend became, I think that might be literally impossible.

Lincoln Cook
Lincoln Cook

2mb soundless webms
three of them aren't even going fast
Way to burn up that good will, OP.

Michael Reed
Michael Reed

Hey everyone, I just got here from 4chan

Attached: slow.jpg (23.35 KB, 225x272)

Cooper Price
Cooper Price

It's from the site because I was too lazy to make Webms of the game myself. If you give me a minute I can give you straight MP4s showing how the Jetpacks function if you want.

Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell

Quick MP4 from a Match I just played.

Attached: midair1.mp4 (5.14 MB, 1280x720)

Lincoln Carter
Lincoln Carter

dat Overwatch/Pixar aesthetics

Attached: 1499943447.jpg (131.5 KB, 1280x1185)

Wyatt Mitchell
Wyatt Mitchell

someone makes an on topic videogame thread instead of retarded internet drama
first post is a saging shitposter every time
Can you please kys? I see it every fucking day.

Carson Collins
Carson Collins

At this point it's just to be expected. Whenever I make an on topic thread I just try to ignore the first few posts because the only videogames threads that wont get shitposting are ones for games so bad all there is to do is make fun of them, make a thread about a game you actually want to talk about and it will trigger the autism of at least one user.

Gabriel Davis
Gabriel Davis

youre gonna have to shill a little bit harder to get this dead sack of shit off the ground

Attached: lmao.png (260.81 KB, 1542x328)

Christopher Hernandez
Christopher Hernandez

I have no idea why but that's just what every new game has. A few years ago it was generic brown and bloom and now it's cell shading crap. Indie devs probably do it because it's cheaper to produce, not sure why AAA games do it though (though probably the same reason).

Luke Bailey
Luke Bailey

Don't worry user, my kikery will go into full over drive once the game hits open Beta. No one is playing it now because the only people who are able to are people who either funded the kickstarter or bought into the early access.

Adam Gomez
Adam Gomez

also the game has problems with:
-chainwhoring
-sr promotes slow gameplay
-jetpacks dont feel good
-it never feels like you are actually going fast

Attached: Tvbox.jpg (93.45 KB, 320x457)

Elijah Wood
Elijah Wood

Jetpacks dont feel good
The jetpack system works a bit differently from Tribes, so if you are used to Tribes it will take you a bit to get used to this system. In Tribes it's
Jetpack to make you go up and then WASD to to go in that direction while going up
While in this game it's
Jetpack makes you go up if you aren't pressing anything (while your forward/side moment in tack)
Pressing WASD converts upwards thrust to side thrusters causing you to go forward, back, side, ect meaning that holding Jet+W will actually cause you to get pretty much no height at all. I haven't compared the top speed directly to other Tribes games but once you figure it out it feels to be just as fast to me.

Josiah Carter
Josiah Carter

not sure why AAA games do it though
they simply copy successful trends, CoD started the brown and bloom and Overwatch started this new trend

Xavier Wright
Xavier Wright

Good point. We live in the age of meme games where everyone just follows the bad meme.

Bentley Thomas
Bentley Thomas

he didn't even bother to say Tribes was shit or something
The absolute state of shitposters on Holla Forums.

Ethan Ramirez
Ethan Ramirez

I went to highschool with one of the devs and still have contact with him on faceberg. He's a pretty big social justice nigger with shit art he does on his own but I appreciate that he's working on bringing tribes back. Hope the game turns out well.

Isaac Price
Isaac Price

I'd be interested if it had a Linux port. Not sure how it will handle with Steam integration under wine. I'll evaluate it in more detail once it's launched.

Brayden Peterson
Brayden Peterson

Let me guess
cash shop
cosmetics
lootboxes
I'm pretty much done with multiplayer.

Christian King
Christian King

as far as I know none of these are in midair. I think it's even free to play but don't quote me on that, I don't recall exactly.

Tyler Morris
Tyler Morris

It's F2P with cosmetics and an optional one-time purchase to bypass progression grind..

Kevin Nelson
Kevin Nelson

so it's less complex?
gay

Andrew Howard
Andrew Howard

Huge SJW
Hope he isn't too much of an SJW to realize that the biggest fanbase the genre has is on Holla Forums.
TFW no more devs want to do Q&A on Holla Forums any more

Logan Cooper
Logan Cooper

It will have cosmetics but that is kind of required for a F2P game these days. I don't mind cosmetic shit as long
1. The game is free
2. The art style fits the game and doesn't fuck it over like Overwatch or modern TF2.
I don't think a non F2P Tribes game would be able to get enough regular players to sustain itself.

Asher Bell
Asher Bell

So you not only shill you funded it on Kickstarter or bought Early Access?

Attached: 2ag93mzl56801.jpg (23.55 KB, 456x528)

Lucas Williams
Lucas Williams

Nah I actually just asked the devs for a copy and they gave me one
I did however fund Wakfu and Divinity OS 2 on kickstarter and don't regret it one bit

Levi Miller
Levi Miller

Screen caps of some of his shit for proof?

Jose Sanchez
Jose Sanchez

Wait…that's actually kind of neat that they did that. Maybe just eat one dick as opposed to entire bag?

Josiah Bell
Josiah Bell

Is 24 the max player limit?
Does your dad work for nintendo too?

Camden Jackson
Camden Jackson

It's 30 bucks right now,i'd be interested if i could get into it without paying.

Caleb Rodriguez
Caleb Rodriguez

It's going to launch F2P next month. The $30 is for those faggots that want to say they supported when it was all the way in EA.

Gabriel Lee
Gabriel Lee

Eh,if that guy who got a key can get more and hand them out here that'd be cool,i'm interested now.

Benjamin Sanders
Benjamin Sanders

Didn't they plan for that shit to have lootboxes?

Connor Sanchez
Connor Sanchez

Its an early access shitshow with microtransactions already confirmed. Its going to be dead on arrival.

Caleb Wright
Caleb Wright

Are you really surprised a F2P game is going to have cosmetics?

Christian Collins
Christian Collins

why would I want to play this microtransaction ridden trash when I could just play Vengeance?

Angel Allen
Angel Allen

Well for one you should be playing Tribes 2 which was the height of the series. Two after hundreds of hours in the other Tribes games it makes sense why a few people would want to try a new game. It's why the Beta days of Ascend was so fun.

Anthony Sullivan
Anthony Sullivan

They should make it work the same as tribes. People want tribes, not some gay different shit. Just make a reskinned tribes clone.

Ryan Rivera
Ryan Rivera

relive the old TA days
Fuck off, I want a real Starsiege Tribes. If the Hi-Rez Fagware version is the one you want then you're the newfag

Nicholas Gutierrez
Nicholas Gutierrez

Well for one you should be playing Tribes 2 which was the height of the series
And if I don't relish the thought of playing with twenty other neckbeards who will roflstomp me as easy as breathing because they've got five-digit hour counts in the game and I just started?

Attached: 1400539355607.jpg (108.21 KB, 500x500)

Matthew Rivera
Matthew Rivera

Then wait for Midair.
Holla Forums didn't exist for most of the Tribes series. Which is pretty sad since I would have loved to play the older games with them back when it was released.

Aiden Stewart
Aiden Stewart

Get good.

Grayson Perry
Grayson Perry

game can't even be played by anons
Then fuck off, faggot.

Attached: now-listen-here-you-little-shit.gif (1.68 MB, 544x336)

Lucas Brooks
Lucas Brooks

Always kill the hype.
All western devs are either kikes or communists.

Kevin Butler
Kevin Butler

if anyone wants to actually play this (rabbit or 1v1s or something) then post in the thread. i'm on eu

Jeremiah Perry
Jeremiah Perry

All western devs are either kikes or communists.
/nintendo/index.html
Then git gud.

Isaiah Watson
Isaiah Watson

only video with someone going vaguely fast
he flanks you, gets two clean shots in
no payoff
Yeah no this looks like someone saw the concept, said "that looks cool", then completely failed to implement it.

Christopher Stewart
Christopher Stewart

Another zero-effort indieshit made with utter garbage meme engines that offer nothing but washed-out visuals
I sure can't wait OP. This will be a great success.

Attached: I-don't-even-like-vidya.png (38.89 KB, 590x590)

Chase Parker
Chase Parker

Holla Forums didn't exist for most of the tribes series
Except I was playing Starsiege Tribes and posting on Holla Forums when you were playing Halo and customizing your myspace.

Isaiah Bennett
Isaiah Bennett

see

John Foster
John Foster

I'm waiting for some more keys if you want my interest,user.

Sebastian Jenkins
Sebastian Jenkins

Unreal Engine is a meme engine

Jason Smith
Jason Smith

i hate movement in unreal no matter what type of game is made with it

Michael Carter
Michael Carter

why would i play this over the 100 other afps games? I bet it doesnt even have a playerbase lmao

Christopher Hall
Christopher Hall

lmao @ triggered neckbeard losers in the replies
imagine your only pride in life is playin vidya kek

Bentley Martinez
Bentley Martinez

AFPS
Tribes/Midair aren't Arena shooters. At least try to pretend you aren't underage before shitposting.

Noah Foster
Noah Foster

Free to play with Open Beta starting next months
Just like Tribes: Ascend!
No, OP. No.

Ayden Bell
Ayden Bell

just like Tribes Ascend!
So it will be amazing for 3 months before going to shit? I am honestly ok with that as long as I get 3 months of fun.

Camden Ortiz
Camden Ortiz

Linux?

Easton Martinez
Easton Martinez

overwatch/pixar aesthetics
Confirmed next big meme game.

Asher Flores
Asher Flores

I think it's even free to play

Also this, in this day and age making arenas or tribes style is dead on arrival

Attached: midair.PNG (10.58 KB, 628x99)

Justin Perry
Justin Perry

Tribes Ascend had over a million players user. It definitely wasn't DOA.
Also Midair will be Free to play, just not until next month like OP explained.

Kayden Wright
Kayden Wright

The same dudes made Legions: Overdrive.

I still miss it. Maybe we could play it over at /radcorp/ someday.

Jaxon Hall
Jaxon Hall

Wait, is this really made by the same guys who made Legions? I suddenly have faith in this project.

Ryan Robinson
Ryan Robinson

Ok, after some quick research
Game was originally going to be Legions Overdrive 2 made in the Unity engine
Decided to make it a completely new game called Midair
I am a bit sad that it isn't Legions Overdrive 2 since this looks more Tribes Ascend than Legions but I at least know it means the devs wont be complete kikes. I liked the art Style of legions the best honestly but I will take anything if it's an FPS Z with a decent player count.

Isaac Wood
Isaac Wood

Well-coordinated and heavily practiced Reddit team beaten by a rag-tag group of Holla Forumsirgins run by a furry tripfag and a BR with 140 ping
Take me back

Attached: galo-sengen.webm (9.83 MB, 640x480)

Nicholas Peterson
Nicholas Peterson

WELL-COORDINATED AND HEAVILY PRACTICED REDDIT TEAM BEATEN BY A RAG-TAG GROUP OF Holla ForumsIRGINS RUN BY A FURRY TRIPFAG AND A BR WITH A 140 PING
That was the day Holla Forums became my main board

Attached: 1450932056553[1].png (257.36 KB, 500x481)

Juan Brown
Juan Brown

free to play
open beta
Wow, I'm sure it's going to be good and it will definitely stay good because every game with this business model is always a great experience with staying power

Luke Nguyen
Luke Nguyen

Have to agree. It is an awful art style that would only appeal to a child between 5 and 8 years.
Also, making the very same hi-rez mistake of adding stationary objects in a fast game…

Attached: Meaty.jpg (20.95 KB, 299x299)

Kayden Lopez
Kayden Lopez

Either be P2P and be dead on arrival
Or be F2P and ruin everything over time by becoming more and more kike
All I can hope for is that the beta is good and see from there.

Jackson Gutierrez
Jackson Gutierrez

okay

Jonathan Bennett
Jonathan Bennett

All the old good tribes games are 100% free (tribesuniverse.com/)
People still look forward to shitty pay to win knock-offs
Why?

Landon Lee
Landon Lee

Pay to win
At least make your bait less obvious.

Connor Baker
Connor Baker

This has copyright infringement written all over it.

Jace Cruz
Jace Cruz

That was the day Holla Forums became many redditor's main board

David King
David King

Bait
There's no bait here, I gave a link to the proper free games and questioned why anybody would want to play the garbage in OP instead. Of course you can't answer that question so you just cry bait instead. How sad.

Lucas Hill
Lucas Hill

You did not explain how it is pay to win.

Asher Hernandez
Asher Hernandez

i-it's not bait I swear

Joshua Jenkins
Joshua Jenkins

Hey guys I'm here to shill for something that derives from something you used to like
Have some soundless >3 mb webms
I swear to God if I didn't want to go fast again I'd smug at you where you stand

Attached: mike-doubts.png (352.19 KB, 597x599)

Kevin Johnson
Kevin Johnson

Free to play
Not pay to win

Attached: 5.jpg (89.93 KB, 796x580)

Nolan Cook
Nolan Cook

kike cucklasa

Easton Rodriguez
Easton Rodriguez

I was only pretending to be dumb

Carson Baker
Carson Baker

Greentext

Alexander Brooks
Alexander Brooks

That video
Reminds me when I couldn't aim for trash in Tribes but somehow managed to randomly get airshots.
Looking closer at the video, I believe that those bullets have minor tracking properties in them.

Tyler Cooper
Tyler Cooper

You still haven't answered the question, Mr. (17). Why should anyone care about this knock-off over the originals which are 100% free with no chance of pay to win garbage?

Christian Rivera
Christian Rivera

Mike "Spike the Kike" Stoklasa

Sage.

Jayden Myers
Jayden Myers

This doesn't look terrible, tbh, ill download it if its free but im never going to buy anything just like warthunder

Luke Ward
Luke Ward

Why should anyone play a new game when I have old games
More players and being able to play a new game. user, I didn't think it would be this hard for you to understand.

Hunter Roberts
Hunter Roberts

Because remaking a game that sold like shit is how you make a game company

Christopher Barnes
Christopher Barnes

I'm actually scared that it will turn people off because it's more complicated than Tribes. Most people will instinctively press W when wanting to jump up a ledge while jetpacking but that will make you hit the wall like an idiot.

Blake Reed
Blake Reed

Trash knock-off
New game
Also the argument of "more players" simply does not exist since the game isn't even out yet. At least Tribes 2 has stood the test of time.

Jaxson Murphy
Jaxson Murphy

Did you say the same shit when legions: Overdrive released? I am happy others didn't think like you back then or there wouldn't have been those fun legions threads.

Brandon Wilson
Brandon Wilson

They've actually did, but people actually played the game every now and then. Though the best playercount as I can recall was something like 9v9.

I was hosting the thing, so.

Brayden Flores
Brayden Flores

when legions: Overdrive released
oh fuck nevermind this then, reading comprehension is hard today

Xavier Jones
Xavier Jones

He thinks UE4 isn't a garbage meme engine

Attached: Nichijou-laugh.gif (2.87 MB, 355x200)

Gabriel Anderson
Gabriel Anderson

UE4 is used because it is the easiest engine to work with if you are making a FPS. Literally no other engine can compete in that regard

Carter King
Carter King

easiest
not unity

Logan Hall
Logan Hall

Remember how the thing that made Tribes really last was all the amazing things people made with its publicly released SDK?
Guess what, Midair isn't getting a public SDK release.

Thomas Murphy
Thomas Murphy

It really is the easier of the two. t. gamedev

Jack Jenkins
Jack Jenkins

(If you're wondering as to possible reasons for why the developers had chosen that, consider the following: On-disk DLC cosmetics don't sell when you've got actual customization options available through modding.)

Christopher Edwards
Christopher Edwards

Unity is used because it is free, not because it is easy.

Jace Myers
Jace Myers

This I did not know.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit