Platform differences in games

What are some weird platform differences in games? For example how the Harry Potter games are entirely different on each console.

Attached: Harry_Potter_and_the_Chamber_of_Secrets.png (256x348, 183.74K)

GRAW PC BEST GRAW

Why though?

The xbawx version was a TPS, but the PC version was tactical lethal FPS goodness

Oh neat.

>Lego Rock Raiders for PC is an RTS
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 for every system is a "made from scratch" port of the PS2 version
>Tetris Worlds for GC and Xbox is a "director's cut"/remake of the PS2 and PC version (With only the music remaining untouched).
>Far Cry Instincts is a remake of the original Far Cry made exclusively for the Xbox, which received a sequel called Instincts Evolution (Which was ported to the Wii), and and both games were bundled together for a 360 release called Far Cry Instincts Predator
>Bionicle Heroes for console and PC are a third-person shooter

Attached: 266557-bionicle-heroes-nintendo-ds-front-cover.jpg (640x638 127.04 KB, 66.51K)

For starters, the PC version of snake eater is a buggy mess, I tried to play it but the game doesn't even start.

Attached: mgs3_choco_chip_camo_wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 1.19M)

pretty much every multiplat during the 6th generation is best on the xbox, including PC versions, the Xbox versions usually had exclusive content (mostly ubisoft games like splinter cell) additional renderer effects not present on other platforms (THPS2X grass), every game ran in at least 480p. There's very few exceptions to this, generally if you have a multiplat game that was on all 6th gen platforms your best experience may be on the Xbox.

go back todd.

I think most of those exceptions are reserved for games that have a Dreamcast version (And: )
>Ghost Recon for the PS2 has the Desert Seige expansion pack included on disc, and GR: Jungle Storm for PS2 has the Island Thunder expansion pack included

Ubisoft used to have bizarrely different ports. PS2/Xbox Chaos Theory and Double Agent came with coop. The Xbox Version of Double Agent has spy vs. spy.

All the Spongebob games for consoles are platformers, but are point 'n' click games on PC.

People have been pissing and moaning about the differences between SNES and Genesis Alladin but the weird thing is that the guys behind the SNES one have actually said that they prefer the Genesis version, which itself seems bizarre considering it was made by Capcom at the height of SF2's success. You'd figure they would be a bit more arrogant than that.

the genesis version is definitely worse. Absolute eurojank with platforms you can fall through, but the presentation is a lot better. The SNES game plays better, however.

Back in the day the deal breaker was "where's his sword?" which may or may not have been why the game was one of the best selling Genesis games.

The Harry Potter game for the GBC was legit good. I think i rerun the game several times just to collect all the cards of the wizards. I think i only missed one card though.

Which would you rather have?

Attached: 20171003nioh-dharma-kabuto.jpg (495x745 59.52 KB, 88.95K)

The PC version of pic related has an option to change the enemies' dialogue into their native languages so that it's harder to tell what they're talking about, but I've heard that it's also the only version with that feature.

Attached: 6.jpg (180x221, 15.95K)

I'm pretty sure the AI in splinter cell is better on Xbox actually. Guards seem to work a lot better on it.

Why the fuck would you make a point n click when you already have a platformer?

That's because you're still in a dream, snake eater.

Oh wow.

Attached: 3c5663947c1e3dc82cda4a4932ae44bde76efd00ebb824d3789171f900d99141.png (770x490, 216.07K)

Shieet

Morrowind is crap is what it is.
Also fuck the combat system. The atmosphere and music are nice but they can only carry it so far.

I'm ok with that.
I hate platformers anyway.

Wasnt it a turnbased RPG? That shit was great almost every room was explorable too.

Clown world.

It's a shame because I had some good fun fucking around in the multiplayer with friends.

It doesn't seem like it should be the case, but just about every N64 port with a PC port had a better soundtrack on the N64.

Attached: Hexen.jpg (640x739, 47.92K)

PowerSlave or Exhumed come to mind.

Spider-Man Web of Shadows PS2 vs PS3. The PS2 version of the game wasn’t shown at all, so people just expected it to be like Spider-Man 2 or 3 of the same platform. Instead, the devs just ported the side-scrolling psp version of the game for the ps2 even though the console had done free roaming Spider-Man games before. Web of Shadowsand just about every other Activision game using the Marvel license was removed from digital stores 6 years later.

Apparently, they got away with selling a PSP port and not telling anyone about it because this version had a different name, “Amazing Allies Edition”, so they could say it’s not actually the same game even though both are still called Spider-Man Web of Shadows. Still baffles me they got away with it and no one made a fuss. You were ripped right the fuck off if you hadn’t transitioned over to 7th gen yet

Attached: 7AE65F8D-5C5D-4766-9667-F38CE8D325E9.jpeg (970x545 23.85 KB, 370.67K)

Can anyone confirm?

There was a surprisingly good 2d side scrolling splinter cell for the gba and a 3d chaos theory for the n-gage, released when even the handful of people that cared about the n-gage stopped caring.
There's also that canceled gbc resident evil port that looks pretty damn impressive for a gbc game.

Attached: regbeta13.jpg (480x320 48.35 KB, 88.36K)

Different games same name

Attached: e41edcd464e4242d19ddde6f54033287.jpg (480x680 1.26 MB, 156.41K)

This, on PC it's a generic FPS but on consoles it was pretty much Metroid Prime before it was even a concept. How many other FPS games on consoles do you know of where explosion jumping is required for secrets and shit, especially in 1996.
Lobotomy studio also ported Quake to the Saturn using their Slavedriver engine.