Habbening

This year is the year of CxBx - XboX emulation!
Got JSRF running on 720p (with hex-editor), only a few little sound bugs, thats it.

We are going to witnessed another black magic PPSSPP emu!

Attached: 50-greatest-video-game-covers-178.jpg (980x1470, 160.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/game-compatibility/issues
github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/game-compatibility/labels/state-unsupported
github.com/StrikerX3/OpenXBOX/issues/3
halo1final.com/NHE/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Proof or gtfo

hooktubed in case you're autistic about it

Fucking hell, maybe I will get to play it one day

oh fuck they're doing a cemu. welp, hopefully this is only xbox game any of you poor fags actually wanted to play.

They're so cheap these days and so easy to softmod, there's no reason not to

There are four reasons to own an Xbox: JSRF, Gunvalkyrie, Steel Battalion, and everything else.

Attached: e0d84e6f39e15aab9aed3e9e9e89b706b8cfc95f0b88bf89301256d49d8192c4.jpg (652x869, 123.27K)

Attached: Snapchat Hitler.jpg (2121x3757, 700.56K)

It's one of the original Xbox games that's compatible with the Xbox 360, so you could play it that way.

Attached: NO MORE.png (807x1067, 472.81K)

can this emulator read ISOs yet? last I checked it would only accept some ROM format or some shit. or, maybe I am retarded.

This. It's a start, but still unplayable. The graphics bugged out bad when doing the dash near the end, too. That's necessary for some of the platforming in the game. Put it in the oven for a couple more years, and then maybe I can play JSRF again.

Soon, Metal Wolf Chaos for all.

I'll believe it when I see it.

It accepts game folder just like a regular modded XBOX, you just go in the folder and load the executable of the game the default.xbe, for regular .iso you just extract them with C-Xbox Tool, for 1:1 .iso you use Xbox Image Browse (proibably also works for regular .iso.
If you need games try that.
nf7saqrwe4rxosgfztvvzjp3t6o6c7mf
rhedfrls26dw3jwpnnwtx3sgpos6bfoz
lth3uclpqgobtadxkrnf6fnnfhb3nrha

Nah.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (654x65, 9.96K)

It has nogaems though

Ever play Otogi or Ninja Gaiden Black? I wom't blame you if enjoy the Sigma version.

Looks promising, glad I still have my original Xbox though. Certainly something to keep an eye on, all the same. Sega could solve the JSRF problem, but I don't trust them not to kike it with Denuvo or some other garbage.

three ways this could go down:

1. the worst
low effort remake with Denuvo and DLC shittery

2. the normal
simple upscaled HD remake

3. the best
Real HD port with a lot of resolution options up to 4k. Connect all areas to one gigantic map, put extra areas in and more secrets to discover. Import of own images for grafities. Free for all multiplayer where you can just grind around with your friends.

Last option cost too much effort and the people want money, they are not doing it for the love of their work! Maybe 15 years ago they had do it but we live in a sociaty where enough money is not enough and you with low income have to pay those who have too much.

A step i guess, but it's not especially expensive or anything, it was a pack in with the xbox.

What, it doesn't read the games?

hey thanks for the explanation.

hooktube has thumbnails now? neat

No, JSRF is an anomaly. It worked for a short time, then didn't. Borrowed another XBOX to test it, used two 360s, obviously cleaned the disc beforehand. I have no idea what went wrong.

It must be exciting to do all this work to play one game. Why would you emulate one of the worst consoles of all time

Attached: 1425504402492.png (1374x724, 1.02M)

They can't. They use low quality emulation to run their titles. Since no open source xbox emulator exists, they can't "create" a PC port.

d-does cxbx work in wine 3.4??

Attached: Megaman X4 Zero campaign.png (1920x1080, 1.13M)

You could reverse engineer the original game from the retail files, but that takes actual efforts and time, and even when an emulation solution exists they don't seem that interested, see the Xbone retrocompatibility.

Probably not.

It's gonna be a while before this thing is up and running, isn't it?

Ninja Gaiden Black requires LTCG which is unsupported at the moment because it requires LLE emulation.
heres the official compatibility list : github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/game-compatibility/issues

Not supported for the foreseeable future, along with that list of games github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/game-compatibility/labels/state-unsupported
All for the same reason, LTCG.
To note that a very few games have LTCG but only for one specific region, like Fatal Frame/Project Zero/零 which doesn't have it on the US version (and maybe the JP one too).

Ninja Gaiden Black isn't actually in that list for some reason.

does anybody know of anything that converts ISO files to xbe files?

Attached: IMG_20171230_061756.png (620x465, 408.23K)

Just buy original hardware while it's cheap you retards.

Posted earlier in the thread.

Why emulate then?

The ability to have a replacement when real hardware stops being viable..
Improvements over the real hardware.

Not relevant for modern consoles with millions upon millions of units solved.
What? I've tried PS2 emulators and they're all wildly inferior to original hardware. You spend hours tweaking shit for each game and then stuff still runs wrong and there are some games that don't even work at all.

What the hell are you talking about?

Yes. Working. Runs perfect in 1080p, those few bugs doesnt matter

Not everyone wants to rebuy old console / parts endlessly because they break, especially in 5-6th gen that starts not being easily fixable, disc lasers in particular are a pain (especially when the ODEs go for 4x the price of the system if not more).

Ah so you're just a retard then, granted not every game works well but those that do get improved a lot by not having to deal with the crappy res the PS2 had, or the slowdowns, or the lack of fast forward, or the painfully long load times.

Is this new xbox emulator going to require a beast of a computer because I don't remember PCXS2 needing a powerful rig to run.

it probably depends on the settings you put on the emulator

Trying to get PS2 games to work.

You can just buy another console for that.
Maybe there'll be a good PS2 emulator by the time I'm 60 and a good XB one by the time I'm fucking dead but right now they suck dick.

There was a vid showing the GPU wouldn't even go into full power mode running at regular resolutions, and the CPU side is running the code natively, so no as long as there's no blocking between the two it shouldn't be too demanding, that being said once they introduce LLE that will most certainly change.
You remember wrong

Yes yes you're a retard we already understand that, no need to reiterate.

There's a comprehensive wiki for the emulator with a list of known issues and workarounds, even if you weren't already aware of the wiki it would be one of the first results after a simple search for the game's emulation status. And even if you weren't already aware of that wiki, if you're spending more than a few minutes configuring a game you're doing something wrong.

Pretty much this, even if you're manually trying every single settings it takes maybe 15 minutes to do (and that's if you don't know shit once you do you can guesstimate what you need to try to fix shit pretty fast), only way to spend more time on a bug is if you're trying to make a proper detailed bug report.

CxBx is not an emulator, its a compatibility layer like WINE, and it only runs on Windows.

Also for anyone that is interested in XBOX emulatiobn but doesn't want CXBXR because >muh LLE or XQEMU because JayFoxCox is a fag there's a new contender that has made significant progress in the few month it has existed.
github.com/StrikerX3/OpenXBOX/issues/3

Not entirely true anymore, it's an horrible mishmash of HLE emulation, direct compatibility layers and LLE emulation right now.

i see he's taking some code from cxbx, i hope the author doesn't go full autismo because of that, also why does the controls settings won't detect my Dpad on my xbone controller?

Attached: 1ce5aa318ccd7363f1e3a8a82ac271e56bc0a90acc07394b3505b5255fd700dd.gif (256x192, 477.56K)

Does anyone have that image for modding the xbox?

My guess is they're using Dinput and that never agreed properly with Xinput controllers.

That one?
There's a few thing that this misses, now you can use XBOXHDM 2.3 beta 3 to prepare an XBOX HDD without having to fuck around in powered hardware but without needing an old computer that has 2 free IDE ports, just need an IDE to USB thing that allows for locking drives and that's rather easy to find.

Attached: Xbox_hacking_infographic.png (1000x1545, 1.57M)

to any hardware fags that happen to have 3 xboxes and want to play some LAN here is something you should check out halo1final.com/NHE/

Well then is there an updated guide?

Nah latest version of it, but stuff has changed since it was made.

Fuck Xbox and any system after the Dreamcast. Sega was the last games company that deserved to die and I'm glad the vidya industry is crashing. All those games you like the Xbox for? They should've been released on the Dreamcast instead. Microsoft = globalist satanic jews bent on ruining not only gaming, but your people's culture too.

Attached: celtic spiral.gif (1760x1360, 40.46K)

Might wanna go see a shrink about that schizophrenia, my dude.

calm down buddy, you sound like a lawyer

It's worth mentioning that a stable frame rate in JSRF would be nice, as doing tricks while grinding is completely based on timing, and the game hiccups occasionally on the original hardware, thus fucking up your combo.

Get cancer

But emucucks will claim its perfect or superior to original hardware

Are you triggered my man?

To hex edit the resolution was one hell of a job but woth it, only the ui seems to stay in 640x480

At least i can play it now

anything to beat the 4 hardware purists on the board p much

It's a trick you can actually do on the real hardware, with the same UI issues.

It only took a decade and a half too
I'm just gonna get a modded xbawks and call it a day, emulators for the thing won't be relevant until what, 3-5 years from today maybe?
What a fucking joke

m8 the ps2 emulators don't even work yet so maybe when they do you can talk shit

That run like shit OP, can't you just mod the OG xbox and play pirated games on it?

Emulators are the future faggot.

only if you're poor.

t. the scalper target audience

Why scalp when you can just run unleashx and load all your games from the hard drive? You probably know this and think I'm going to defend such jewish practices, but I'm not a kike like you who relies on deceptive tactics.

They already scalp for everything, why do you think XBOX have doubled in price in two years, why do you thin HD AV Packs/Non chinkshit component cables have tripled in price in the same timeframe, how much do you think the same shit is gonna cost you five years from now?

The xbox isn't the turbo duo you dumb faggot. You can get them for like 30 bucks and unless you're using a professional monitor, standard 3rd party component cables will be fine. Are you seriously this stupid?

M$ had this amazing IP but instead of polishing it up they put all their money on Sunset Overdrive and Sea of Thieves
i know i should be gladd they didn't ruin it but i'm still kinda dissapointed in the missed oportunity

And two years ago you could get them for less than 20 easily, your point?

I'm sure it was real in your head, but hey 2 years ago you could find the same ones for 10-15 bucks

Oh boy I sure like the audio having that constant disgusting buzzing sound.

Horse shit. Not perfect doesn't mean not working.

That's pretty good, get those sound issues ironed out and fix that crazy shit that happens during a jet boost and it'll be perfect.

you can still get them for 20. Your point was the prices doubled. They didn't. 30-50 is the average price for them and has been for 10 years.

shifting goalposts in the same posts is a new one

then shield them. Chances are you're using an LCD and they've had video and audio isolation in their processing for a decade. Do you actually have a point or are you just going to keep getting dumber with every post?

Attached: arbuckle_funk.mp4 (480x480, 867.95K)

No you can't, not unless you're willing to accept a busted one with just the console and nothing else.
I got my 1.0 two years ago for 45 bucks and it came with 3 controllers including a somewhat good shape Duke and a good RGB SCART (the ones with optical out), and a handful of games I didn't care about, sold everything I didn't want and ended up with the console only costing me 25 bucks.
Just a month ago I wanted to get another one because I gave away the first to family and the cheapest I could find was a 1.1 with 1 busted 3rd party controller and a composhit cable and nothing else that shit you can't resell even ended up having to buy another controller for 5 bucks because the first one wasn't worth fixing.
Yeah seems like you're seeing things, I never shifted the goalpost, proper HD AV packs were far cheaper about two years ago which is the exact same thing I said in the first post.
I looked into that, ends up costing more or less the same as a proper cable if you don't have the stuff to do it already, so it's pointless, would probably have been easier/cheapêr with donor cables but I didn't have any.
I'm actually using an OSSC which so far fares better than anything else I've tried when it comes to that buzzing (especially compared to my LCD TV), still has that disgusting buzzing and some minor video issues but those I can live with since they're very minor (slightly more noise on flat colors and some minor ringing artefacts on text)

Seems to me like you want to ignore the simple fact that shit doesn't get cheaper to shit on a free alternative solution.

sounds like you're a dumbass that doesn't know how to use optical audio or how to read ebay descriptions.

And that would help how exactly, the XBOX doesn't have a separate optical out like the PS2 and only proper HD AV packs or RGB SCART cable come with that by default, so you're back to getting scalped for a good cable or having to make one yourself.
Using RGB SCART is not something you wanna ever do with an XBOX
And what makes you say that exactly

I don't know how it's meant to be pronounced, either. The only two I can think of are C.X.B.X, as a straight acronym, or CoxBox.

I'd rather play on a good emulator than on the original hardware.

The retro scene is kinda autistic. For me its about the games, don't give a shit about technology.

So if somebody can just make an emulator with some filters and shit to make it work on modern hardware I'm game. Microsoft BC on the Xbox One was a good step but obviously you run into copyright and licensing shit. Also there is never enough commercial interest in the hidden gems.

Everyone wants to play some old COD or Halo not Genma Onimusha. Let that sink in.

Attached: genma-onimusha-4e26074b4d2e7.jpg (937x1327, 255.55K)

Xbone's BC is probably the best thing for Xbox emulation but it still leaves a lot to be desired.
One neat thing about Cxbx-R is that its also going to be emulating Sega Chihiro which is the only way to play Ollie King and Virtua Cop 3.

Nigger MS had nothing to do with Sega dying. Blame Sony for making a console that everyone bought instead of your precious Dreamcast.

I can kinda see Halo because it apparently has some stuff missing although why would you wanna play an FPS on controller that isn't TS but why would you wanna play CoD on an XBOX, is there on that's exclusive to it or something?

XBOX emulation is supposedly coming to windows officially some time in the future Win 10 only but still worth a VM since it will likely get cracked and gain the ability to launch more stuff shortly after it appears, but the same guy also promised Halo 3 on PC and we already know what happened with that.

Isn't Soul Calibur 3 fucking garbage?

As others have mentioned, there's a ways to go to get games like Otogi, Orta, and NG Black running. Luckily we can see that we'll at least have a viable Xbox emulator within our lifetimes.

Have you looked inside it? Check to see if you got a Box with leaky clock capacitors. If it is one of those, then you might be SOL.

t. cucks who never owned the system

Sega was already on the verge on exiting the hardware business when the Xbox entered development, fucktard.

Thank you for once again confirming that hardware fags are both bad with money and some of the most computer illiterate fucks on the planet.

Attached: 21b5916939d8c706145c5166d3d41552c445f8cfcdaeaa261508b11e6f827df8.jpg (457x559, 63.7K)

It'll never happen, and if it does everyone's going to realise just how mediocre the 3 games were on it.

Wrong. Peter Moore, an agent of Microshit, convinced Sega to kill the DC off and go third-party.

Every time.

Attached: 3c5663947c1e3dc82cda4a4932ae44bde76efd00ebb824d3789171f900d99141.png (770x490, 216.07K)

PLAYABLE BLINX SOON

Attached: HAHA.jpg (260x198, 22.36K)

Black Ops is the most popular backwards compatible game on Xbox One. Pretty sad.

Attached: ni-no-kuni-2-revenant-kingdom-of-1-1073x604.jpg (1073x604, 40.16K)

I was joking.

Within 80 years isn't exactly soon.

I think he was talking about "Snapchat History"

Unless they get Orta working there's no point. It's like cemu not being able to run breath of the wild.

Isnt that the pedo logo?

Hello kike, trying to subvert historic Aryan symbols, huh?

Attached: celtic_spiral.jpg (250x217, 40.65K)

Nah, I think the pedo logo was something like this

Attached: Oekaki.png (500x250, 5.81K)

90% of the time the capacitors inside have died
get to soldering boy

But aren't he Irish potato niggers?

Attached: searching-for-japanese-age-of-consent.jpg (130x160, 3.04K)

Nah. R1b DNA (the celts) is whiter than R1a (slavshits) and I1 (Nords).

you don't even need to desolder them, you can literally rip them off although I'd advise against it. If you're not going to desolder them, flush cut them.

Celts are just Steppe/Nord rapebabies tbh.

Attached: we are holols my kameraden.jpg (1186x679, 780.51K)

Filthy, dumb, Khazarian scum.

Kievans defeated the Khazars, retard.

Also wrong, Moore went with the decision after Sega Japan themselves decided to exit the business. Moore wasn't even at Microsoft until 2003.
On May 22, 2000, Okawa replaced Irimajiri as president of Sega.[114] Okawa had long openly advocated that Sega abandon the console business.[115] His sentiments were not unique; Sega co-founder David Rosen had "always felt it was a bit of a folly for them to be limiting their potential to Sega hardware", and Stolar had previously suggested that Sega should have sold their company to Microsoft.[17][116] In September 2000, in a meeting with Sega's Japanese executives and the heads of the company's major Japanese game development studios, Moore and Bellfield recommended that Sega abandon its console business and focus solely on software—prompting the studio heads to walk out.[33]

Slavshits really are the stupidest, huh.

you forgot a word there igor

Attached: gun grabbler.jpg (1425x1125, 181.82K)

I'll let your post past because pic related made me laugh.

it's hard to believe there are funny women but we learn something new every day. Maybe one day I'll learn that slavs do have some form of intelligence, but not today.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (530x684, 261.88K)

They are extremely rare specimens, so it's always a pleasant surprise when they are found.

Attached: rape joke natasha leggero.mp4 (1280x720, 3.79M)

not bad

Attached: jew.jpg (750x1425, 114.67K)

(checked)
This isn't a Holla Forums edit?

Attached: 2af48ec0e0ae3caa5268fcc68fb7b56bc3308910d3b7964076e61fcf25975ff4.png (249x250, 105.43K)

Where have all the Holla Forums girls been in my life?

Attached: 5c999f8e5b4fa99297319cb22592ddd2fd7190f7e6286f261c255692976f3a1b.jpg (437x431, 28.31K)

Nope.

Attached: DY0pGB_X4AEqCuX_exploitable.png (524x975 243.83 KB, 48.95K)

Attached: you knew this was coming.png (524x975, 287.88K)

nope

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (802x537, 415.16K)

its really really good

they'd probably be poking holes on week one of dating

Attached: 85566289e324cbe684ba544a3a5fb933d9b308dc1fb2e75c13b2a6b33e7bc56f.png (524x975, 306.71K)

Attached: COSMO.png (524x975, 258.74K)

I am always surprise at how autistic-ally racism can be

you seriously reminded me of when Cartman was being retarded about women not being funny
then went on and got a girlfriend

Potato Niggers are not the only carriers of the Celtic Gene, you silly goose.

Attached: haplogroups2.png (986x1118, 853.9K)