Kart thread

So what's the best Kart racer and why is it Racing Transformed?

Attached: MarioKart8_PEGI3.png (289x344 548.48 KB, 173.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/qsoX3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gay

wrong

Attached: ctr.jpg (412x412, 182.26K)

At least it has games unlike the Xbone or PS4.

i can't wait to jump around like a retard with old people. oh boy, all those activity games just get my rheumatism going, mhm

Play a real man's game.

Attached: Project_Cars_boxart.jpg (250x316, 117.14K)

and, the sonic one is on PC

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1280x720, 1.73M)

If it doesn't run at at least 60fps it's not worth playing.
If I can't mod it it's not worth playing.
If I can't host my own server it's not worth playing.

Attached: c0b8d9f6e771711ec98c735fa073e3e8f461a55674bb0e5e8aa912a068cdf8b5.jpg (2048x1536, 394.2K)

Dunkey is a soyboy?

OP, you can't stir shit if your opinion is right, next time you should say that wacky racers on GBC was the best kart racer or something.

Attached: Wacky Racers GBC.jpg (480x360, 24.34K)

Of course.

Mario Kart 8 has more variety.

Wacky Racers is godawful.

Attached: playstation-3-ps3-el-chavo-kart.jpg (1304x1500, 414.07K)

Excuse me?

What actually makes it the best though? I loved it but I can't remember what made it so much better than Mario Kart.

What's your expectations for this upcoming Sonic-only racing game?

thats all

There is not really enough info to have any realistic expectations yet.
All we have is a partially-revealed logo.
I hope its good, but that is really it.

I hope it goes the Mario Kart way for the tracks (Sonic Circuit, Tails Workshop etc) and not Seaside Hill/Green Hill for the 10th time again.

Suprised City Escape never showed up in either of the SASAR games.

You'll get recycled Sonic Forces levels and you'll like it.

Probably had it's niche filled with Shibuya Downtown.

I hadn't thought about that, but yeah that makes sense.

Arma 3

It maybe fun but it severely lacks actual variety.

Don't knock it till you try it

Attached: Better than Fagrio Fart DickShit.jpg (238x212, 17.78K)

You bet!

Attached: videogamecuckey.PNG (581x451, 309.48K)

wow what a faggot

Why is life so complicated?

Attached: Racist Mario sketches.png (500x440, 372.32K)

Wanna post a source on that buddy.

I'd like to see more variety in vehicle types. Having hover boards similar to the ones from the Sonic Riders series would be awesome since they don't really need to transform to ride on air and water. So would a vehicleless option, where characters can race on foot.

Love how I can feel you defending cunkey under that sentence, as if it's at all hard to believe.
archive.is/qsoX3

Something tells me the music won't capture the feel of the original.

i want someonone to make sanic racing a game night

I'd recognize that R anywhere
But for what purpose

Attached: dat isses man.jpg (2048x1536, 1.5M)

Probably won't a problem since Richard Jacques also did Transformed.

I would be totally fine with it being Sonic R 2, as I genuinely, unironically love Sonic R.
The only thing I dont like about it is that theres only 5 fucking tracks.

Sonic Racing Transformed does have some really good levels in it.

I agree Sonic All Stars is better then MK8 but that is just depressing. The absolute current state of Kart Racing is sad.

it's shit. Play Assetto Corsa, faggot.

Haven't played AC since it launched YEARS ago 2014 was 20 years ago just kill me now are there tons of tracks and decent AI now? I'm not looking to spend crazy money on car packs.

What's wrong with project cars then?

Absolutely nothing tbh.

I'll only get hyped if Sumo is making it again.

The physics were ass but the music alone made it worth playing

I'll pass on it. I hate sonic and the only reason I picked up the other ones were because of other sega IPs being represented.

Attached: diddy dong racan.png (510x1996, 558.87K)

Sonic Transformed is so fucking good because the racing controls are tight and the courses are fucking good. There are items that can assist with placement, but as a rule, driving skill determines if you place well or lose.

Mario Kart has devolved into getting into the right place and staying there while abusing the placement exclusive roulette of items and your skill for driving is punished with storms of blue shells and lightning strikes.

Attached: Adders Lair - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed [OST].webm (640x360 7.6 MB, 1.85M)

it's still somewhat item dependant, if you can get in a race with all decent players it's not a bad idea to try sitting in 8th until the game gives you a star. if you have even one shitty player that falls apart though.

Sonic is autistic as fuck.

Tight controls, story mode that was actually good, boatload of unlockables.
Track design was great and you could instantly recognize it from the games.
Zero rubber banding and unfair bullshit like the ones from MK64.

Stars aren't that decisive
Good aim and projectile timing from the leader can easily defeat a star push
You need to hold on to the lead, and that isn't always easy, but you can dodge projectiles if you are good

Pure Garfield

Tux kart is pretty good.

I'm already disappointed.

I'll still play it though because I love the original and Transformed that much.

Attached: sonicunimpressed.jpg (672x499, 24.67K)

It's so sad how SEGA keeps ignoring those IPs

That is the single most retarded thing ever.

If he wasnt in a car he would win every time though, wouldnt he?

That is the single most retarded thing ever.

It's to make the race fair for the other racers.

You did go through the tedium of Grand Prix mode to unlock Robotnik, right Holla Forums? I'm feeling burned out at the mirror stages.

I'll always commend a Vectorman fan. He was my top wanted addition to Sanic transformed and I'm pretty sad he didn't make it.

Attached: Vectorman.png (480x360 1.31 MB, 1.28M)

Sonic has to limit himself somehow

Holy shit, my sides. This is genuinely funny.

We literally know nothing.
Stop sperging out.
pc version will most definitely have Denuvo, tho

Attached: sonic in a car.jpg (740x1500, 301.42K)

Dumped.

The courses are a beauty to behold. They're so amazing looking and most of them are blast to play through.
I could swear one course was ripped straight out of Crash Team Racing. It was this giant mansion with really tight corners and a halloween aesthetic.
Man I really want to play CTR again.

Same, fuck that blue faggot and his friends.

An exception might be made in that case.

Attached: cool sega megadrive hoody.jpg (919x1225, 1.23M)

What?

I too would like to know this.

Attached: denuvo cry.jpg (810x1110, 129.41K)

What?

God what a great game that was. How do you get the url from a hooktube video?

Tux Kart is crap.

Attached: soynix.png (1264x756, 54.48K)

Yeah that was house of the dead.
Apparently when the team showed the creator the Skies of Arcadia the race course, asking if it was up to his standards, the dude broke into tears because it was so beautiful

*the creator of Skies of Arcadia

[Featuring Danica Patrick from the NASCAR series]

I never knew it was an FMV game and that the race tracks where pre-rendered video. It was essentially a bit more sophisticated than pic related. The music was great.

normally I don't spoonfeed but I wouldn't have figured it out if someone didn't tell me
don't click on the thumbnail to play it. If you did reload the page. Instead left-clicking the thumbnail, then click "Copy Link Location". Change the URL form hook tube to youtube.

in this case the video is /watch?v=EsJ0lghEJoQ

Attached: 5b368b30f4173f529db390be56f1bf90.jpg (2858x2074, 1.23M)

for nostalgia cash-in

GNU/Linux is too ugly and user-unfriendly for soyboys. Change the image to Mac OSX.

Thanks a bunch.
All those wonderful tricks they had to do back in the old days to be able to make the games they wanted. Necessity truly is the mother of invention.

Oh boy.
This fat fuck here is an actual youtube eceleb who makes shekels from peddling minecraft videos to nine year old and he made it into sanic racing.
TLDR, sumo made an online poll for the fans to pick the last dlc, this fat cunt here told his autismo brigade to votespam him into the fucking game, sumo and sega being divorced from reality actually allowed it instead of doing research and shutting it down.
So instead of Miku, Bayo or any other SEGA CHARACTERS, we got this limey piece of shit in the game.
In all my 500 online races i have seen exactly ONE person using this dlc whereas metal Sonic and Shenmue guy are in almost every race, so good job?

Attached: this actually happened.jpg (1280x720, 206.47K)

Reminder that he's also a Goon (Yogs being the acronym for Ye Olde Goon Squad, the Goons' old WoW guild), further proof that Goons ruin everything.

He's trash, but at least he's not Miku or Bayo.

And I'll take him over Mario Kart's shitty pallet swaps in a heart beat (as in remove both of them period).

Kill yourself.

Take your own advice faggot.

Laugh all you want about her being in there. The sponsorship from Hotwheels is what funded the game to get made supposedly.

Anyways for your consideration.
Pocket Bike Racer is pretty good considering what it is. No real pick-ups as you build meter, taking RNG out of the question.

NASCAR Rumble might be a stretch on what a kart racer is but it has power ups more in line with Kart racers then pure arcade racers. And you can beat the bad powerups by slowing down.

Modnation Racer was excellent and the customization was fun. Never see it mentioned though.

Attached: rocket-dodge_wide.jpg (1419x1419 175.38 KB, 235.56K)

Reminder that I memed this into existence.

Also Blur is pretty good.

Attached: 81Gq0TxuMnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1092x1500, 336.07K)

Burger King has a video game division?

Attached: yo_what_the_fuuuuuuck.jpg (480x720, 34.8K)

It's only ever made three games back in like '06 (if you look at the top you'll see the game can run on the OG Xbox). It was a marketing tie in, buy a Whopper and get the games for an extra fiver. They did Pocketbike Racer, Sneak King (which was a stealth game about giving people sandwiches instead of slitting their throats), and Big Bumpin' (which is a shitty party game based around bumper cars).

Nascar Rumble is another good old classic. Love those announcer quips. Soundtrack was kickass too.
There's also the PS2 sequel - Rumble Racing (without the Nascar license this time).