Mixing horror and comedy together

Okay, let's talk about using those two themes in video games. I've been thinking much about it, but what vidya are explicit about wanting to be both horror and comedy? We know about games that mix horror and action like F.E.A.R, but the only games that really mix horror and comedy seem to be Scooby Doo games because the series does that in general as well as Spooky's House of Jumpscares badly.

Attached: 070790.jpg (500x375 91.86 KB, 46.99K)

Well, there is grabbed by the ghoulies.

All horror becomes comedy when it goes on long enough to be predictable.
That's why good horror games either can be finished in one sitting or start breaking their own rules halfway through.

Stubbs did it and it was a good idea. Sadly the game turned to be repetitive trash but I'd like to see a better developer try it.

What about horror games which have the occasional joke? I find they break up the tension really well.

House of the Dead Overkill, was like that IIRC.
A deliberately tongue in cheek B film rail shooter, with an overall schlocky tone.

Overkill felt like it was written by an art school student who thinks Tarantino is hot shit. The original HotD games has a perfect B-movie vibe, which has extra comedy in Typing. Overkill is for reddit users only

Danganronpa/Zero Escape/Umineko
are all filled with horror and comedy elements
In terms of manga there's JoJo and Ito's stuff

Attached: lunch with my handfu.jpg (500x500 87.27 KB, 212.76K)

Why do you hate fun?

Overkill has terrible level design and its jokes are as cringy as Ready Player One. I don't hate fun, you just don't know what "fun" is.

But user is right, it was trying too hard to be "le b-movie xdxd".
The Tarantino comparison was on point, seems like someone saw Planet Terror and Pulp Fiction and added zombies.
Same shit as indies trying to recreate "le old pixel games".

Game is okay-ish.

Horror in general is comedy, or comedic at least. Mind you, there's a difference between horror movies/stories/etc. and shock movies/stories/etc.

Overkill is good.

Youre trying way too hard.

Corpse Party was pretty funny for all the wrong reasons

Attached: This is supposed to be a scary game.webm (720x406, 11.86M)

Not that that's a bad thing, just saying.

What is the name of this game? Looks pretty fucking funny, even if unintentional.

Attached: babby.mp4 (406x720, 807.49K)

Parts of Timesplitters 2 and 3.

Try Evil Dead Regeneration, it almost worked, well only Bruce Campbell was there, Sam Raimi is nowhere.

Evil Dead Fistfull Of Boomstick

Devil May Cry 1 has a spooky atmosphere and you hear Dante say funny things.

There is noting comedic about ito's shit.
Fuck him and fuck his bullshit.

Whats wrong with junji Ito user?

"Layers of Fear". It's pretty awful in that it's just painfully boring.

You mean there's nothing horror about ito's shit? Isn't it purely comedy?

What is the game in the second picture? I've seen some references to it and pictures but oddly nobody ever states the name of the game.

Attached: b5d899acb582c6d4fc2d940e002a663c89bb64fc153a4b939c7ee973a3200986.jpg (500x675, 87.19K)

Spooky's House of Jump Scares or something

It’s Spooky’s House of Jumpscares.
Or “Spooky’s Jumpscare Mansion” as it’s been rebranded. It’s a decent little romp for what it’s worth. I just wish it had kept the tongue in cheek humor throughout instead of ditching it for SCP knockoffs and “deepest lore”

To add to your horror-comedy shit, the Fear Effect games, not the new one, just played it and it was shit, are great at these.

Since when has Holla Forums not liked Stubbs the Zombie?

Resident Evil 4

Attached: Resi4-gc-cover.jpg (300x425, 90.71K)

No.