Hotline Miami Thread

I finally finished hard mode on 2 and we haven't had a thread in a while so why not? Anyone got any good custom maps for 2?

Attached: Hotline_Miami_2_Cover.jpg (300x438 4.65 MB, 279.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And before the soundtrack argument starts up again I'm gonna say I used to prefer 1 but 2's has grown on my since I've been playing it so much.

The first games OST was better tbh.

Attached: hotlinemiami2.jpeg (480x354, 68.72K)

Gitgud.

How did you find hard mode OP? At first I hated it but the joy of just repeating levels until I learned them enough to master the game in its entirety is not something I've felt for years.

No anyone with half a brain dislikes Hotline Memami 2 for its terrible level design.

The soundtrack was one of the few things the second game did truly better than 1

Attached: 2d61ac7c3950ec7b65bf87c70a8ecacdbe21b27aa6805acaf309a2bf3aec8445.gif (567x850, 414.08K)

I should finish hard mode one of these days. First Blood (first in Chapter 5) fucking destroyed me after I did everything else in one sitting, and then I forgot to play it more for some reason.

I found it pretty tough not gonna lie. I've been grinding away at it for about two months but taking it one level at a time I did get there.

>>>/cuckchan/

I find sleeping on a tough level and trying it when you wake back up helps a lot.

The Yakuza custom campaign was pretty good, I'd recommend it. Also whatever one these screens come from, cold war maybe? I forget the name but it was breddy gud. I grabbed a bunch of levels from a steam workshop repack some guy on the gog forums put together so I'm sitting on at a whole bunch of custom levels that I'm working through very slowly.

Pardo in WW2 campaign is a classic, he's the hero we all deserve tbh

Attached: dca.png (1920x1080 471.27 KB, 365.28K)

Is that the one from the campaign with a 50 blessings club where people give eachother threatening phone calls? I thought that was really stupid.

Hotline Miami is fucking shit and only liked by vapourwave autists. Check em.

Repacks would work if the game was pirated yes?

But Hotline Miami has no "vapourwave" in it retard

Idiot.

It was one of the best games of 2012, if your reasoning has anything to do with "muh bad art" then fuck off.

Attached: cancer.png (680x1113, 2.17M)

No and that's what you get for not supporting the industry.

This is the truth. 2's soundtrack is way more varied and has more songs in it overall. It's an improvement on both the action songs (Divide, Future Club, In The Face of Evil, Roller Mobster etc) as well as the more atmospheric songs (Around, Interlude, Dust etc). Also some seemingly random songs give some good variety and bring the whole soundtrack together (such as Run, Hollywood Heights, She Swallowed Burning Coals etc). Overall it's much better than the original which was bloody brilliant to begin with.

>>>/out/

It's FotM garbage, it was made in fucking gamemaker. These threads died for a good reason.

It isn't flavor of the month garbage then, now is it.

Fine it's just garbage. Happy now?

Yes.

I wish more games did the “kill quick or be killed quick” formula.

Roller Mobster on that fucking level was excellent

They're just fishing for (you)s, or they're just not good enough to play the game and got buttfrustrated. More likely though just shitting on a Holla Forums favorite to get replies. Don't worry about it.

I only played the first set of levels, you're some madman who owns a butcher shop and your french buddy gets killed by some other 50 blessings guy. Some of the levels were good, there was one or two with a bunch of windows but otherwise good stuff.

I've got a gog copy so I can't say if a pirated steam version would work but I don't see why not.
Link to levels here, around 7 gig file
drive.google .com/open?id=1AvQAxaNGmX0bjKuQ4JiaMEu_qxoLms4d

Got 116 campaigns and 304 single levels, unpack to /My Documents/My Games/HotlineMiami2 by default. Some of the campaigns have custom music, but you have to swap out the hlm2_music_desktop.wad file that comes with the mod into the install directory, make a backup of the original somewhere, or just rename the original.

HM1s soundtrack > HM2s soundtrack

Not everyone who dislikes a popular game is baiting you know. I'll grant it's kind of hard to tell the two apart.

actually sweetie they ported it from gamemaker try and keep up

>>>/tumblr/

Oh sweetie.

Attached: eb1fee4d7d1f96eff78b0fe418430c9f81edf8a180c10f4c0b766ed53be7be51.jpeg (225x225, 24.96K)

People have different opinions learn to accept that.

Never.

Global report.

My body is ready.

I liked HLM1, but I found the sightline issues with HLM2 to be annoying, especially coming off playing 1, so I dropped it. I haven't considered picking it back up for a while, but I really should.

Attached: Louie.png (3000x3000, 402.46K)