Square Enix is Shutting Down Mecha-Shooter “Figureheads” on June 30

nichegamer.com/2018/03/18/square-enix-is-shutting-down-mecha-shooter-figureheads-on-june-30/
archive.is/bsM9M

Attached: figureheads-03-18-18-1.jpg (800x450, 89.51K)

never heard of it, shame, cause it seems to have cute anime girls

It's probably p2w garbage but it would've been worth trying at least, how come this is the first time I hear of this game?

wat

As much as I like mechs, I doubt it's any good if it's free to play. Plus, never heard of it. RIP?

Attached: 1266463535377.png (203x231, 3.08K)

looks like hawken's main screen

Cool mech deigns, pity they're wasted on a shit, moribund game just like Titanfall. I can only imagine how cool it would have been to see them in a proper single player mech sim.

Maybe they're planning for some type of offline client/server emulator to "accidently" leak allowing people to host their own servers?

I couldn't think of anything better for an /m/ thread since half the articles is X is going to be ported to the switch.

By now it's very apparent that game developers will never, ever learn.

Attached: too bad (1).png (288x375, 65.94K)

Same here, never heard of it before.

Never heard of it.
Nothing of value was lost.
Good riddance.

I'm going to assume the reason no one ever heard of it is because if it isn't a thread about laughing at a AAA game's fuck ups or a webm/filename/lol/general/share/etc one then you get shit on with SHILL!!!

Attached: 04d.jpg (600x737, 55.94K)

Attached: 8e0f929eaa5b7647b0984b963665ef35e870c5624c6f3055f21222d0014e0a30.png (250x418, 103.46K)

I've never even heard of this game before.

I've been actively searching for action mecha games for a few years now, and I've looked through everything on the PS4 F2P list. You could tell me it was just getting announced and I couldn't have known any different.

Attached: gurls.png (274x205, 21.92K)

but this failing proves everyone hates mech games :^)

exactly, Holla Forums is shit, can't talk about anything anymore really, the real d&c shills won and now everyone who disagrees with something only resorts to shitposting, only come here now to get some news and remember the times people talked about games

Shouldn't have made it Japan-only, heard about this 3 years ago, never thought Squeenix in all their retarded glory would only make this nipland exclusive and of course they don't like third person shooters

That's because it was never announced or shilled outside of Japan.

Glad to see the retards astroturfing for their new board alternative here without pointing the fact it was Japan-only weeb version of Warframe that no one liked.

Here's one more video, the cute anime girls are HOLOGRAMS. They also didn't even bother with Steam for an international release.

The robots look cool, do they have any lewds?

It was just Hologram waifus and CLANG shit, this game is like Squeenix looked at Girls und Panzer or Kantai Collection, and thought they could make a game to get that otaku dorrars.

What is this? It's like I'm in a twilight zone

Attached: 21654ijguigi.jpg (600x578, 45.16K)

You mean like Phantasy Star Online 2 that used to have a dedicated thread?

Try harder

No, I know about almost a dozen upcoming/recent mech games from somewhat decently funded to completely indie, but I never heard of this one in particular. You are you just being retarded

Now I remember this one, someone posted a gameplay video on a mecha thread a long time ago when it was in beta, I think. The problem is NO WESTERN RELEASE, obviously the japanese have better taste than wasting their time on a f2p game, they didn't have the ruskis and monkeys to serve as fodder and the whales to give them profits.

Are you kidding? Who do you think is funding all those gatcha games?

I should have specified that it was on this specific game they had the better taste and didn't waste time on it.

There actually WAS announce of western version of PSO2 with western site and everything.
So people that can't into runes KNEW it existed.
It's just sega realized that they can't be assed and dropped the idea.

its square enix user, that isn't going to happen

Well shit.

god fuck square enix for shutting down this game I never played, and haven't heard of until this thread. crash when?

but where will i spend thousands of dollars on gacha to gain advantage in online matches now?