Into The Breach Thread

Into the Breach is out, and I don't know how the fucking no one is talking about it. It's a tactical rouge-like by the same dudes that made FTL. Giant Mechs versus Giant Bugs. It's not as difficult as FTL since RNG plays much less of a factor, but there's 8 different squads of mechs with different plays styles, and even an option to randomly roll a squad out of all the mechs you've unlocked. The game even has genuine unlockable secrets, which is the first time I've seen that one a game in years.

Magnet link: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c46812460b42f48e62f8a3b84937910d26260552&dn=Into.The.Breach.v1.0.06.GOG&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337 I have no idea why it's huge

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 200.85K)

inb4 the dump

Uhh no
I suppose it is, since once you lose your power you lose and have to start from the beginning

Thing here is that people will still confuse this for a SRPG style of game rather than what it actually is, a puzzle game with SRPG mechanics as it's core.
Remember, most missions involve you just having to keep the bugs from hitting things for 5 turns. Then there's also bonus objectives that give rewards should you complete them in those 5 turns.

It's probably the one complaint I have about the game, the "rogue-like" aspects are pretty light. Getting to the final mission is pretty easy, and it doesn't take long to see everything the game has to offer other than all the pilots, but none of them really drastically change the game for you except a few specific combinations of certain pilots on certain mechs.

It's a board game, user.

Also
Can't you shill be less obvious?

Use the catalog faggot

Problem?

Attached: rouge leader.jpg (311x431, 32.83K)

It's super boring and pointless RNG shit, with the worst beginning progression of any "rogue-like" game I have ever played. The "story" and setting are so unengaging that I could not give a shit about the game even if the gameplay was fixed.
The gameplay atleast is fixable, though my guess is that it never will be.
Also, you can stop shilling now

The game looks bland and uninspired. There's supposed to be giant mechs and bugs fighting but the size of the map and the units and terrain counter that. The story says there's a brutal struggle going on but the characters in the game don't seem to care, as far as they're concerned it's just another day in the office.

sage

gayyy

Attached: gay.jpg (900x442, 67.57K)

There was, but the op sabotaged any hope of good discussion with a bad header.

Can you fuck the mechas?

If you need to kill bugs in a mecha strategy rpgs, there are ten million super robot wars games with Macross frontier in them.

Ton of discussion about the gameplay here.

Attached: see you space guy.png (264x255, 102.63K)

what's to discuss? the game got boring fast

Then what makes it boring? From what I'm looking at there's a lot of fail state situations and unique encounters with each map like protecting a train that advances each move or high rise ocean events.

Here, other people have discussed this

Funny that you say that, it's not like THE FUCKING OP IMAGE HAS THE NAME OF THE GAME IN FULL VIEW
Maybe don't be a lazy ass.
Also, if you search "FTL" it appears on the search
Because just by (((coincidence))) you also mentioned FTL TWICE on your op.

(checked)
Almost like I was asking a fucking question faggot. Where's your argument other than shitting up the current thread?
The other thread is garbage because OP fucked it up.

The issue with the game is that getting to the final mission is practically a guarantee if you know what you're doing. Someone who has a history of playing tactics games will have absolutely no trouble blowing through the game on anything below hard once they've figured out the few things that are specific to the game, like sliding units to deal damage and tanking hits on purpose to avoid collateral damage. FTL gets it's longevity from being a gamble everytime you start it up, but once you're pretty good at Into The Breach, you'll only find a challenge on hard mode which still isn't terribly hard. I would say that I lose before the final mission in only about 30% of my games or so when playing on hard mode. It's definitely fun due to the multiple mech play styles, but for a game that's clearly trying to be a rogue-like it's pretty skimpy on the RNG that can fuck you over, and it doesn't take long at all to get through the game. It's definitely worth a pirate to try out all the mech squads though.

It's a puzzle game. The first mech squad is shit and completely no fun to play as(mainly because the tank is a piece of shit that you barely have any use for), the gas squad is fun and for any non-custom mech squadron there's usually only one way to go through a level without taking losses. It gets old pretty fast(I haven't bothered checking out the rest of the mech squads beyond the first two) and the music isn't as good as FTL's. I also found it pretty easy because of the time traveler mechanic, if you have a vet with some good perks picked you can breeze through the first two islands pretty easily.

You don't know if it's shit if you don't discuss it.

Some of the pilots are way fucking stronger than others and it gets pretty annoying. Also, +3 Grid Defense is a worthless bonus. Grid Defense as a whole seems to be trash.
That's true regardless of pilots or difficulty, honestly. It's the main failure of the game is just that it's really easy over all. I would still play it enough to at least unlock all the base mech squads. Try unlocking thew Blitzkrieg guys, they make the game a lot more entertaining.

Don't take such retarded bait, user.

I enjoy laughing at retards.

Everything about this looks like total ass. How many years is it since FTL?

Attached: disgusting.png (224x220, 111.55K)

Attached: 37d2caa5115b75fe23f0c81cb50183aac39f5a3ad079844bd09a1359aa6d38f9.jpg (498x500, 35.15K)

4?

i agree with op on this one.
other thread needed searchable text
though, op could've used search.php

The other thread is unsalvagable tbh.

This one isn't looking too good either

i can't speak for anyone but for me it's because i pirated it, beat it in about two hours, and wasn't terribly impressed. the replay value is there for new mechs i guess but honestly it just didn't grab me at all

it's honestly embarrassing how self conscious they are by stamping their one hit game onto everything.

Some of the pilots are a lot better than the rest, yeah. Particularly the two robot pilots, one with an extra attack if you don't move, and one with an extra move after attacking.
Two of the secret ones are good, too. One reduces your mech to one health, but gives it a shield at the start of every turn. Gotta be mindful about getting hit twice, but it's essentially a free bodyblock every turn.
The other replaces the mech's repair with a 2-damage attack that also pushes. Works well with utility mechs that don't usually have a means of attack. Best use case is probably the ACID thing on the Hazardous squad or whatever it was, as you heal on kills.

Grid defense is trash. Would you like the ability to stop bad things from happening entirely or have slightly better odds of the consequences of bad things happening not having an effect? Gee.

It's a shame too because this is one of those games that probably won't have a good thread more than a month after release.

Oh boy, a Rouge-like? I love games that remind me of that bat from sonic everyone wants to fuck.

shit game not worth discussing wow what a concept

Rogue lite faggot.

No it's pretty clearly a roguelike in the current definition. Genres change.

It's been called a roguelite for years
It has a pretty solid definition
Nobody calls them roguelikes
Fuck off nigger

uhh we've been talking about it in this thread

I think we should define "rouge-like" as a genre of games that only idiots who can't spell Rogue think resemble it in any way, shape, or form, outside of some gameplay elements being randomized.

It really is, but it's a fun board game. The whole thing could be played with two 10-sided dice that would only ever be rolled if you hit a building.

That thread is shit use this one.

I'd be ok with this.

Shoo shoo shill.

Nothing wrong with board games.

They belong on >>>/tg/

This is quite clearly a video game.

Where's that from, friend?

Attached: source pls.webm (480x360, 440.03K)

It's worth a few playthroughs, I beat the game with 5 of the squads then decided to put it on the back burner to see what happens in future. It's a pretty satisfying game but not really the kind of thing you'll constantly go back to for months on end.