Collector - Buyfag Thread

Alright niggers, time for the monthly. What have you been doing since the last thread? Find any good deals around your area or online? You are playing the shit you buy instead of treating it like a investment, right?

What're you

Finally got a new computer desk so can finally have my Amiga battlestation up and running. All I need now is a new internal floppy drive and a accelerator card, alongside a disk drive for the C64. Why the fuck are they so expensive.

Attached: sega_sg1000-II_keyboard.jpg (1200x1007 83.03 KB, 882.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega65.org/
specnext.com/
samvssound.com/2017/05/14/data-demolisher-yamaha-psr-6/
thec64.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And for quick reading for any other faggot interested in old 8-bit PC shit.

mega65.org/
Faggots remaking the C65.

specnext.com/
Faggots updating the ZX Spectrum.

This motherfucker has been damn near impossible to find, literally spent countless hours searching far and wide for this shit in the states. Apparently, they all magically vanished and were relocated to Europe. So I am going to have to shill out some extra cash just so I can satisfy the Euro. If not I'll just buy the regular edition.
I am considering if collecting almost $1k worth of Xbox 360 titles will fill the void in my life. Other than that I might just consider getting a new 360 because I have had my old one since 2007, it sounds like a Boeing when it's on. I think the 250GB S Model will do the trick.
Not really anything, the grips on my gamecube controllers wore off so I have to go out and get some replacements, OEM most likely unless the substitute is cheaper.
I don't really mod, shit the only modding I ever got to do was putting addons in my SteamApps folder for Garrysmod, like I said I don't really mod.

Attached: Burnout-Paradise-The-Ultimate-Box-Front-Cover-10029.jpg (596x400, 49.7K)

Wasn't what I was expecting, but fuck it, best to get in on them early before they get fucked.
Might be cheaper just to open it up and dust it out user than shill out for a new model.

Trust me it's already happening.

Still going to at least invest in one before the other one kicks out, might as well give it a nice blast of compressed air. Thanks user.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 20.27.44.png (1384x480, 309.38K)

DAILY REMINDER THAT COLLECTORFAGS RUIN THE USED HARDWARE MARKET AND ARE MOST LIKELY NUMALES AND PROBABLY CUCKS TOO

What the fuck.

Attached: 483af4823168e273a3d4cea01b822b266e570ed76c405ccd558b2411bfb58b33.png (600x544, 155.41K)

Been looking everywhere for a copy of Rumble Roses XX.
Not really doing anything else on the list other than buying.

Attached: 51TTDYTNV2L._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 44.84K)

Welcome to Consumerism…you're being sarcastic right user?

It's all fun and games until you add up the expenses. I'm enjoying it as a hobby so I really don't mind.

Attached: goslingscream.jpg (255x251, 8.97K)

This.

As a cheapskate and pirate, I guess it's just the opposite of how I feel.

Just picked up a MIDI controller, something I've wanted for a long, long time. (Korg microKEY 37)
Replacing the C64 my parents sold a long, long time ago. I have no room or money for this project, so it is big time back-burner stuff, but I'd love to have a breadbox C64, monitor, and floppy drive again.
Nothing at the moment, I binned my project USB controller as it was trash anyway and my iBuffalo Classic USB controller is legit.
My new project is a Yamaha PSR-6, which has a broken corner and one broken C key. It has the YM2413 FM Synth chip inside, so it naturally sounds like an old Sound Blaster 16 (OPL2/3), which I love like crazy.
Nothing at the moment. I might try something like this in a state of mania: samvssound.com/2017/05/14/data-demolisher-yamaha-psr-6/

The C64 is also up and coming:
thec64.com/

Fuck people who buy up old tech to flip. I buy/collect to preserve he past and pass it on to the next generation.

sad part is if you bought it back when it was platinum it was 19.99 and later 9.99 now it is probably 39-59 for no other reason than some faggot lists one at a time and has 300 copies

Power supply for a PS3 Ultra Slim.
Motherboard and , a fan, a power supply that can support a 1080 graphics card, also a case that can fit everything- I need to stop being a cheap bastard but fuck I hate this flashy bullshit that's all over the market.

Why do I need injected chrome and flashy silver and black bullshit all on the inside of the case?

Drinking. I really can't deal with this bullshit. I just want normal looking high spec parts. I am not some child who feels that they to bedazzle every fucking thing they own. And then all this shitty coolers and fans, where is all this chinese shit coming from?

My ..4th? 5th? PS3
When's the full speed emulator?

I've gone through more PS3s than PS2s. There's also the heat sink on my dreamcast. Last but not least, repairing the wife's ipod whatever screen.

It was busted years ago and I found in a box, it has sentimental value to her ( gift from a bff who died) so I figure whatever- I can either fix it myself or shell out the cash to get it fixed.

Pretty much scooping up remaining Wii and Wii U games I don't own. Stuff like Sakura Wars, Devil's Third, found a copy of Devil's Third at Gamestop sealed several months ago.
My neighbor has an Atari and a box of games that he wants to sell for 300. Im seeing it tomorrow.
Nothing really, all my shit is in good working order
I need to get into gamecube modding. I have 4 Gamecubes, 1 permanently hooked up to my CRT, a broken one for parts, and 2 lying around doing nothing. If i could get the damn component cables i would mod one and keep the other as a backup, but i might mod both at this point. Those HDMI gamecube mods are fucking crazy.

I am not a collector, but I would kill a million people for a C65.

I have all the parts for a new power connector for a 1451-II and I have a new belt for a broken 1571. I just have to get myself to put them all together.

Attached: VC1571.JPG (1200x800 39.41 KB, 185.27K)

I recently sniped a JVC TM-H1700G monitor. It was so cheap that I couldn't pass it up (costing me $60 or so after shipping.) It looks like it'll be needing a new front panel power button but that's nothing I can't get sorted. It doesn't come with any expansion cards but I know a guy cloning the boards and I'll probably pick up a BNC RGBHV/Component board for it. These past few weeks I've mostly been focused on sorting things out, building a new desk and growing my setup.

Attached: jvc.jpg (1384x1158, 51.88K)

Oh, and I also picked this up for someone I got to know better recently, we watched Made in Abyss together and I thought it would be a nice little gift.

Attached: mia-keychain.jpg (500x331, 19.91K)

Looks like I lucked out today.

Attached: rrxx.png (613x767, 922.38K)

My brother from another mother. During the early 2000s, I would scour yard sales, rummage sales, and thrift stores for old games and systems, and any other interesting technology. I've given away, or traded several NES packs (at least five decent games, two good controllers, zapper, and the requisite Mario/Duck Hunt), and a few Genesis sets (system, composite stereo cables, 1st party AC adapter, decent assortment of games with at least one Sonic in the set). Makes me feel something close to satisfied, but the market has gone to shit. Can't find an NES for less than $50 now, and I'd like to have a normal one for the sake of nostalgia. My only NES at the moment is a refurbished mess that looks okay from a distance, but my amateur black and gold paintjob doesn't hold up under close inspection.

>'BUYAN
I have no earthly idea. I've burned out on pretty much everything, as I have pretty much every game system released in the US, barring things like the Jaguar, Lynx, Wonderswan, and Neo Geo Pocket/Color. I'd only ever played each of those systems on demo when they were still new, and the Lynx on a field trip bus ride when I was in grade school, so the money people want for the Atari shit these days puts me right off of that.

>CONSIDERAN
Flash carts for everything, like my Tandy CoCo 2, C64, and Atari XEGS, as well as maybe an Everdrive 64. I didn't have an N64 as a kid, because it came out when I was in high school. My logic art the time was to get a PSX, as I had a nearby friend who had a Saturn, and another who had an N64. The Everdrive is pretty damn costly, and without nostalgia to drive me to purchase it, I dunno. It's on an "if it's convenient and the price is right" list. Also watching a few Skyward Sword auctions, since I never played it. But then, why not just get an external drive or a massive SD card, and play it via haxx?

>REPAIRAN
Gathering stuff to replace a Goldstar 3DO's laser mechanism, hopefully. But since that is actual work, I've just been looking for parts for other things that need work, and bookmarking them. Like my Xbox needing the clock capacitor replaced, since I got it softmodded and spiffed up. Don't need it committing suicide at the moment.

>MODDAN
Still slowly working on an Atari 7800, but I need better tools for it. Need a desoldering pump if I don't feel like drilling out the RF box borderline-welded to the mainboard.

>Bonus OTHERAN
Trying to make case inserts for games I bought from Redbox, thrift stores, or other places. The pain in the ass is finding decent quality source material, but then it gets worse when I remember the amount of work required to do some of this, like having to composite a new case insert because existing scans were done with a 100 dpi SCSI scanner in 1997.

Fair enough but you're still finding the hoarders if you buy from them and that indirectly helps create the market in the first place.

yeah, it should just be replaced and destroyed once replaced, old tech shouldn't even exist :^)

I lucked out recently and found a bunch of handhelds i was looking for at decent enough prices over the past few months. Got an turbo everdrive for the express, an N-Gage, Neo-Geo Pocket Color and a switch plus a couple of games i was able to find for a decent price, save for Sonic Mania and Bayonetta, mostly used before anyone chimp's out..

Pretty much content with what i got at the moment.

My Turbo Express needed it's own backlight screen, the internal thing was completely shot and they don't make replacement parts, so now it has a 3.5 inch screen.

Same, but i mostly bought N64/Gamecube games, good times. I remember when shit like Fire Emblem Path of Radiance was ~30 bucks for an excellent looking copy.

You ever consider just buying a broken one/untested listing and just replacing the shell with it, or are they still asking way too much for them, not really a fan of NES, so i wouldn't know.

recap it too if it hasn't been. All TG16/PCE variants need recaps.

Scalpers and the law of supply and demand.

>>>Holla Forums

This shit really pisses me off.

Not even close to what he said.

Switch games

Got a Model F 122 that I'm fixing up and switching over to ANSI (normal enter and left shift), normal layout is kind of a mess, pic related. Have to wire a teensy up to it to get usb out as well.

Attached: 6110345.jpg (1722x717, 251.26K)

Amazing.

Attached: 987a1557b01cb6c04b5a669ef35b04649c49f8074073d0405e62488795c75a19.png (149x175, 33.44K)

When is it a good idea to resort to shopping online?

honestly, once you've exhausted local yard sales/flea markets (and even the flea markets are iffy if you live in a decent-sized town/city). every dumbfuck knows that old games and hardware = big money and are onto the game, so your only real chance now unless you're rolling in cash is to hope to come across someone desperate to sell because they're moving (yard sales) or some sweet old lady who's just cleaning out her son's storage space because he moved/died in iraq that's how I got my SNES for twenty bucks

it does depend on what you're looking to collect though. i'm trapped in an eternal hell because I was a snes kid and wanted to rebuild my old library, and simply can't do that without literally thousands of dollars. other consoles, older computers etc are still reasonably easy to find at goodwill or whatever, but NES onward is hell

Never, its besides the point. Its as bad as online dating. Are you a faggot who looks for girls online?

Try your luck with LOCAL PICKUP ONLY stuff on eBay. I got a mint condition Pentium system with NO DUST IN IT, but alas, it needs a new clock battery for that motherfucking Dallas chip in it. I know how to mod it, but I can't be assed. Too much work just to be able to play Duke 3D on the LAN again. Also try to get friends and relatives to do hunting for you, especially if they go thrifting and yardsailing. Just ask them to keep an eye out for stuff, and to call you and shoot you a picture if something interesting pops up. I keep my eyes peeled for friends who are looking for odds and ends, since I'm a bit more mobile than most people. A 200 mile drive is no big deal to me, as long as I can drag someone along for the ride.

japanese strategy guides with furigana to rearn nipponese
playstation modchip so i can play rare pal games and learn to solder

Attached: 51KortrlZuL_large.jpeg (342x480, 41.92K)

I've yet to find Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Sagas

Attached: cva-USA-Panzer_Dragoon-640.jpg (384x640, 80.7K)

Having played them when they were new, I cannot say I regret not purchasing them. Not that they're bad, but it seems that most people only want PDS because of its resale value, not its inherent value.

I had an xbox dev kit…I turned it into a pc case ;3

I got a batch of Laserdiscs coming in that I'm pretty excited about; Fear City and any of the Maniac Cops have been high on the wish list for quite some time. Maniac Cop 2 is the one that's coming in.
I have backed up all my childhood and adolescent games to disk images, I might wind up selling the boxed copies. Some of what I have include everything worth having by Maxis, Civ 3 (the gold version that shipped with the player's guide), Age of Empires II, etc. I could probably get $60-100 for all of it.
I think I mentioned it in the CRT thread, but I repositioned a power button and put a belt on a stereo CED player I bought for $5; after testing what I thought was wrong with a rubber band. Shit is smooth, good enough to do CED-rips; and actually relies on less clunky mechanical things to properly load the disc than the one I had previously. It should last a lot longer.
I patched my new PS4 pro a couple of weeks ago, still haven't filled the hard drive with games despite the game installs being yuge.
Also updated the PS3 to 4.82 Rebug.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

Actually been a pretty good month. Managed a 500gb PS4 slim and Gravity Rush 2 for $200, but I suppose that's not the interesting part yet. Found a plastic tub at a yard sale a few weeks back that had an NES (sideloading model), an SNES (yellowed plastic, unfortunately), an N64 (Black), and a variety of NES and N64 games in it (no SNES games, unfortunately), including Contra, Super C, Punch Out, and Rogue Squadron. Also assorted accessories, hookups, and controllers. Got it all for $10. Found a backwards compatible Wii at another for $12, which I'm planning to mod and let my dad, who's visiting at the moment, take back to his place for use in the guest room for when I go out to visit him (it does need a nunchuck and sensor bar though). Also found pic related today, which I honestly didn't expect to ever see at this particular store (I'd asked a while before now and they'd said they'd never seen it come in), let alone at even that original, pre-discount price.

Been a year or two since I had a month this good. I just wish that store still did 20% vouchers for doing post-purchase surveys; having a constant fifth off the price of single item purchases was great for the time it was going.

I've seen the first and second around occasionally. Prices didn't seem too bad either (at least at the time I saw it; not sure what they average now), assuming I actually had a Saturn myself to begin with. Good fucking luck with finding Saga, and at a remotely reasonable price, unless you know moon and can import. Think in total (I might be remembering wrong), Sega shipped maybe 38,000 copies west over a few print runs, and at one point mocked people that couldn't find it around, sarcastically telling them just play make believe instead in an advertisement.

If there's something to be said for the PS4, it's that, at least as far as disc-installs go, it is MUCH faster than the PS3's ever were. I was expecting at least 10-15 minutes of time to get Gravity Rush installed, as it was about the same size as some games I've had which took that long on my PS3, but it did it almost instantaneously. Either that, or it installs on the fly as you keep playing, I'm not sure.

I'd heard rumor that doing that at could fix the issue I'd been having with quitting games occasionally freezing the system (it just auto-reboots, thankfully). It didn't help much, and I'm not sure what exactly is causing it, other than maybe being that I'd gone from 4.82 OFW -> 4.82 FERROX -> 4.81 ReBug prior to 4.82 ReBug coming out, basically downgrading temporarily.

Looks framed. Did that frame cost you that much? Got a few posters I'm wanting to post up too, without putting tacks through them (a frame would also help flatten them out), but it seems even simple frames can cost a fair bit.

Personally, I do so for occasional new releases (I don't buy that much at release, so that doesn't happen that often) or reprints, and on rare occasions when I can't find something locally after a good while of searching. This is namely because, at least where I live, I stand a much better chance of finding otherwise expensive games at much lower than average prices. Whereas most people online are likely to just ask the usual prices everyone else asks online, while a lot of brick and mortar places do the same, occasionally they don't, and screw up the price in either direction. I've seen games that would otherwise be $60+ for $10-20, and games that are $10 elsewhere be $30 or so. Again, I suppose this depends entirely on where you live though, whether or not you have many local options to begin with, whether the stores are wise to what they should be asking, etc.

Attached: complete too.jpg (900x1200, 734.46K)

Don't even joke about that shit.

It does that with some games. I tried playing horizon zero dawn and after removing the install data on the HDD some time ago, the game finished installing according to the PS4 OS and once booted the game was doing additional installing in the main menu. It could have been decompressing with all the data present, but that's beyond what I could tell. I think the system is more optimized for game installs just because of the expectations of developers from late last generation.

In a way it's nice that it's gotten faster, but in another, sad that games have gotten so bloated that you can't play straight from the disc anymore (not sure how bad off the 3DS and Switch cartridges are about it, and in my experiences with the Vita, that at least just installed trophy data and made an icon for the game; think the game data is still played off the cart though, and I recall a few gams actually still allowing saving to the cart itself like times of old).

Some games do play off the disc, just not very many. Japanese games tend to have small installs which I appreciate.

Yeah, I'd gotten a bit worried hearing from another user that some of the games he'd gotten had 50gb installs, but the ones I've been interested thus far only require like 10gb per game, which isn't so bad, given that was about the far end of PS3 downloads (aside from certain digital releases like Yakuza 5, which was like 22gb, though part of that might be that the DLC was bundled in the same price/release here in the west).

they sell more of em?

you'll get that with western shit like call of duty, battlefield, and horizon zero dawn.

it was only like 12 bucks. I wish I got a neritantan plush instead.

Stuff I tend to avoid anyhow, I suppose.

Various patches and a poster with official artwork of Albedo, its Tapestry and know nothing of that material. Any anons here do? Is it good? Nothing vidya related yet.
A Nintendo Switch, but I may just wait for the next version which shouldn't be too long. Might get an old computer and upgrade it to do some retro vidya on. Never done it before so it would make a nice project
Repaired a fan I found at a recycling center that still ran, it just needed to be cleaned out with some WD40, was fairly expensive to (40-50$ price range likely). Reapplied some thermal paste on my video card after 4 years. The old paste was surprisingly still good but did it anyways.
Nothing special, got a brand new case for my PC that is amazing, much better than my old one. Recommend it for any user who wants a good tower for the price and plans to do things like water cooling or a radiator.
I don't know how to mod hardware nor have I tried

Attached: gU8js0pnDnhT_vivaldi_2018-03-23_12-12-18.png (1038x731 1.41 MB, 600.96K)

I never want to get anything else other than the cheap frames from Wal-Mart, so the frame I got was the cheapest poster-sized they had, about $12.