Deus ex thread?

I haven't seen one of these in a while so let's talk about Deus Ex. Has anyone here tried an augmentless run?

Attached: e09.jpg (405x500 82.97 KB, 67.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

holocausthandbooks.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressivism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Deus Ex honestly isn't that great a game and falls apart towards the end but the writing carries it.

Attached: deus_ex_conspiracy1.mp4 (960x540, 8M)

Writing is nothing more than generic old fedorable conspiratard opinions. It has smart niggers and muh too deep for you endings that were basically choose your color: 2000s edition. Face it, leftists wrote it. Go look at the writers of deus ex.

That were taken as x-files tier jokes but ended up coming absolutely true. It's the western equivalent of pic related.

Attached: MGS2 - Context.jpg (800x1000, 234.1K)

Do you guys really not get how your slang is really not ubiquitous outside your echo chamber? For all your disagreement with Holla Forums, the vast majority of the time, you adapt to their memes, rather than the other way around. That alone should make you question the efficacy of your rebellion. You're just a soft vector for the right's ideas to infect the left, not the opposite.

That sounds like the kind of hell only autism can produce. No thanks, the game is built around both player skills and augmentations, without them it'd be like trying to do a base level broken straight sword run in Dark Souls. Sure, it can be done, but I can't be fucked to force myself to go through with it.

I once tried a non-augment run it was pretty fun having to stack those weird items you never normally use like the environmental suits.

Try it user you might be surprised.

I finally got around to Deus Ex and I was honestly pretty impressed. For once it was a PC classic from the 90s 2000 is basically the 90s that not only lived up to the hype but surpassed it. The way you chose between the multiple endings felt a bit forced though.

Attached: 29C8D4DB-BCEF-432C-9C46-BBAC8363517D.jpeg (630x630, 109.62K)

bump. why is it that people hate invisible war but think that human revolution is good? they're practically the same game, at least insofar as the differences between these two and the original deus ex.

yeah, maybe.

Received wisdom from games journalists.

They were told what to feel by >journalists and ecelebs

Come to think of it has anyone got a list of all the things that Deus Ex predicted that actually came true? Why was it allowed to predict them? Was it assumed everyone would laugh at any idea that had been the plot of a video game or was nobody aware how successful it would be?

I've not played Invisible War yet and I was going to skip right to Human Revolution but I guess I'll give it a go.

Oh, a circle jerk thread.

I have no idea WHY, and I'm probably ruining future side missions and shit, but for some reason, in all 3 Deus Ex games, I go around killing all NPC's I can without setting off alerts or anything… I kinda feel bad about it too

Attached: 20180224224513_1.jpg (1920x1080 436.06 KB, 397.28K)

You should probably emulate the PS2 version if you can, the PC version sucks balls. It's clear from the start that the game was made to be played on a console. There's a fix that can help you run the game at a higher resolution, but the game constantly adjusts its resolution between loading screens, and there are a fuckton of loading screens, so the game is prone to crashing because of this.

just play a Deus Ex inspired Doom WAD if you want to run around killing everything in sight.

Holla Forums hates on Invisible War mostly for no reason. It's a good (not great) game and totally worth playing. Augmentations in particular are done better there than in OG Deus Ex.

I've replayed IW a few times, HR never. Besides a few problems (small maps etc), it's just a better DX game.

The good thing is we can completely fuck off HR/MD from the universe and try again. While they were enjoyable in places, they weren't DX.

Oh I didn't know the PS2 version was better.

I guess I'll go download it and play it then. Anything else I need to know first?

My mistake, invisible war was released only on the Xbox. I was thinking about Deus Ex: The Conspiracy. If you've got an OG Xbox, it's probably worth it to play on that. If not, like I said, the PC version is kind of buggy.

No Xbox so I guess it's PC all the way. Wish me luck.

everyone shits on the new DX games too hard.
HR was a bit memey, but gameplay and story wise it was definitely competent, especially in DC where they fix boss fights for no-kills.

I've been playin Mankind Divided and it's the closest a game has come to the original DX, gameplay wise. I would kill for a remake of DX1 and HR in MD's engine.

DX1 was great for its time, but it's DEFINITELY aged poorly.

Honestly it's not a matter of aging it's always had wonky gameplay and poor balancing. Obviously the overall plot and a lot of the side content like Morpheus rank it as one of gaming's greatest redpills but you have to split up your politics from the game and look at it objectively.

Wasn't that just Deus Ex with an inferior main theme anyway?

Invisible war also has some great twists like both the Order and the WTO being controlled opposition from the Illuminati which they even foreshadowed with the two coffee chains that want you to fuck the other one up but then you find out the same corporation runs them anyway. Compare that to the frankly silly twists in DX1 and they're a world apart.

Attached: eu.jpg (960x1332, 212.48K)

9/11 at the very least.

Attached: dx_911.jpg (800x600, 121.65K)

Yes MD nails the gameplay but the story falls off a cliff half way in. Doesn't help that the one interesting side character is killed 5 mins after you meet them, and you're stuck with a bunch of uninspired drones for the rest of it.

Also no Malik fuck you a half-baked reference doesn't count.

Attached: malik5.png (411x360, 185.67K)

>>>/out/

Deus Ex has cyberlegs you can turn on anytime, anywhere.
That automatically makes it a 9/10 game. Any game with usable cyberlegs is instantly better for it. Prove me wrong.

Attached: pro tip.png (512x380, 394.29K)

Deus Ex still holds up because you can break the game in so many hilarious ways after you play it normally.

Get the invisibility from robots augmentation. It's tough without it.

I don't know if this bait or not, but I just wanted to tell you that you're retarded.

Attached: that's_terror.jpg (208x241, 14.2K)

Has anyone tried GMDX? I hear it offers a lot of improvements over vanilla.

EYE is a meme game.

I'm going to start a no-aug run on Realistic difficulty. Might be fun but it's probably still going to be easy since you kind of don't die anymore once you've beat the game about twenty times.

predictive texture limitations, whoa…

nothing he said is untrue, don't get so upset over it.

Putting one point into melee and smacking someone in the back instantly knocks out enemies.

Could try no aug and no skills.

One (possible) design mistake these games make is not giving you enough non-lethal weaponry. Sometimes i just want an all out firefight, but it kinda breaks the story/world if you go psychopath mode.

Tong ending best ending
WE CAN LIVE IN VILLAGES

Attached: desu ex.webm (854x480, 1.83M)

Yeah its really good, you should give it a go

I always thought this had less to do with Tong wanting to fix the world and rather removing the status quo preventing the Triads + China from becoming a world super power. Remember Tong is still a prick all in all, hence why he wouldn't help you until you did something for the Triads. Also him wanting to unify them only strengthens the point that Tong wanted to effectively have the Triad gangs rule over China + The Entire World. I still say its the worst ending. Illuminati ending is the best outcome, everything stays as is because JC accepts that despite all the stupid crazy shit that's happened, to drastically change the world that much would be devastating to the worlds population.

The Helios ending is just stupid- though whats scary is that the Helios ending is what the actual real world is more leaning towards as AIs become more integrated into global surveillance. The AI knows more about people now than most People know about People.

I would've preferred an ending where you could actually fix the problem without having to take a huge leap of faith. It was obvious to me that JC was being exploited in all 3 endings, only the Illuminati ending is one where JC ends up with any sort of control, and even that's still a token approach since Everette is a prick, but hey if you killed Debeers most of Everette's power is superficial so replacing him wouldn't be too difficult.

I would have loved a Bob Page ending, "I'll give you anything! You want Europe?" Go on?… Suddenly JC becomes Emperor of Europe. Damn that would be awesome.

I always liked how the game has this very serious paranoid conspiratorial feel to it when you sit down to listen to the dialogue and read the emails/books, but the gameplay is the complete opposite of that. Deus Ex has so much unintentional comedy for me that largely stems from the gameplay. The story compels me and I thought it was great, but I feel like bursting out laughing whenever I get back to the action. The shift from serious dialogue to comical action happens so fast, and it has an absurd quality to it that I find funny.

Attached: my keks are augmented.jpg (247x248, 42.04K)

She's safe from that train wreck, Jensen at least saved her from that.

I usually only recommend it after playing it vanilla, like with a lot of mods like it.

If you're going to play it make sure to install the fan patch. It fixes the game quite well.

I always used to think that the Helios ending was the best one because I assumed that JC would become some kind of AI god but from reading your post it does seem pretty shitty. its just another level of forced control put on humanity without its knowing. each ending is really.

I haven't played Invisible war but doesn't it take place in the Helios time line? be cool if they made a 2 other games, each set after the different outcomes of the first game

No. A lot of maps where changed, the character models where better too.

It takes place in a mix of all the endings

what? that doesn't make a lick of sense

Play the game and it will make sense. It's sounds retarded but it works pretty well.

Well tbh honest user, if I had very important information I wanted to get across to the public I would vehemently say I am leftist while spreading the truth and making sure that everything I say made sense but claim the "truth" is only satire but I guess some people can only see the world in black and white.

True revolutionaries do not flaunt their radicalism. They cut their hair, put on suits and infiltrate the system from within.

Reminds me how i was expecting TalosRucker in MD to be a Tong. i.e. a human link to the illuminati world who could give insider info but would help fight it. But that link gets cut.

And it seems Jensen spends the entirety of the 2 games on the periphery of that secret world, only occasionally getting scraps of info… whereas in the first 2 games, you are right in the middle of it having chats with key illuminati figures. It lowers the paranoia-rating when nobody's too fussed about your actions for 80% of the story.

Bob Page wants to become "The Deus Ex Machina", but JC beats him to it because he is already fully augmented. If you choose to combine with Helios…you are basically doing Bob Page's will. Also, doesn't the game lore state that Bob Page had an IQ of 212 or something?

Tracer Tong wanted Anarcho-Primitivism, but like any Chinese person…he was only true to China and had an ulterior motive.

Everette simply wanted the world to stay as it is here in the 21st Century. The World guided by The Light and The Hand. Illuminatii shit.

Attached: BobPage.png (500x495, 248.29K)

I'm an anprim and I liked his idea of destroying all knowledge of alien technology and freeing the earth of the mass-surveillance NWO and globalisation

I figured JC Denton was such a badass anyways it would be easy for him to eventually become King in the power vacuum and new dark age caused by the Tong ending

The Helios ending is the best, and I really dont understand how someone who understands the end goal of Helios would say that the Illuminati ending is better. Think about it with me.

If Helios is given the control it needs to fulfill its objective, then it would be connected to every human mind. Helios is advanced enough to understand each mind's ambitions, goals, personalities, etc. This allows for Helios to accommodate every person equally. As we saw, Helios is completely unbiased, meaning that it would not fall victim to corruption as most humans (especially politicians) do.
The only problems with the Helios model is whether or not it truly understands or is capable of understanding the human mind, let alone billions of them; however, in this context, it is assumed that Helios is capable of all this, especially since it merged with JC - or possibly only because it merged with JC. Another assumption is that Helios won't act in its own interest (i.e. like a corrupt politician seeking to fill his own coffers at the expense of the people he is supposed to represent).
Of course, it's important to note that Helios isn't replacing the human mind or making it so that every human is a drone. Helios is just being given the privilege of looking inside the heads of every human so that it may more appropriately govern them.

I suppose the biggest criticism against Helios is that it may be hacked or it would go offline in the event of a power outage of some sort. But you take the good with the bad.

Attached: 61b33d711b54fe7c5e32dada85a3bdf30fc28ac7671ebfc2d9d024397e44c6d9.png (807x1024, 514.46K)

The only correct ending is the Tracer Tong ending. You've seen firsthand how shitty the world becomes when globalism takes over and telecommunications technology links every member of the species together. Everything that has happened since the mid- to late-2000's stands as a testament to how fucking awful things become when everyone is participating in the network. In all seriousness the best solution is to blow up the internet.

Attached: 74fccf9c9370313f4aa7254e5b3f96b3434ddbf695f981b60a7007b9a5117459.jpg (600x745, 53.52K)

I bet many people assumed her death was scripted

Attached: 805a01a300f92a2f78815cc636e7db1d7cabe669e2339422ee813b001baeb7ef.jpeg (551x600, 66.42K)

You say that as if it's somehow a bad thing for weak and stupid people to fall prey to natural selection.

You realize the waning of the reliance on strength over time is natural, right? Even if we did go back to square one with Tong's ending, eventually we'd wind up at the same spot we are now and the reliance on strength would wane all the same.

What the hell does "natural" even mean? Assuming it means "pertaining to nature", there's absolutely nothing natural about anything related to civilization of any kind. As soon as humans start acting like anything other than feral animals, they stop being natural.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (600x719, 65.95K)

Absolutely bogus argument. You say that as if we humans, at some point, strayed from the path of 'natural-ity'. You idiot, becoming civilized as we are now is part of our nature. God granted us a soul capable of teleological reasoning, and as such, we act on that reasoning to make the civilizations that we are living in now. If a squirrel or a dog were granted the degree of reasoning that we humans were given, they'd be forming their own civilizations as well. That's the only logical conclusion to make.

Attached: a00c1dfcc78940338b6c1a999230d00754e8346045fa3ed9a788c136f670e25f.jpg (620x455, 83.7K)

That doesn't mean it's good. Natural or not, weakness should be stamped out.

humans already evolved to live in a post-neolotic agricultural society, woman hips are more narrow, children grow more slower and weaker but more social and more smart, also there is some genetical evidence that people are getting more resistant to sicknes related to aging like alzheimer. We made civilization and civilization changed us.

Attached: NSF.png (640x479 178.81 KB, 139.36K)

Let's not forget that JC inherited Helios AND The Universal Constructor. Instead of creating monsters and robots that will kill you…it could be used to create a vaccine for grey death, nutrition that is way better than (((soy food))), and technology for the deprived masses living in the dystopian future that is Deus Ex.

Better- though it's not an ending.
Invest into space travel, terraforming, and colonization. All the literal space needed without having to cull the population.

Hitler hated the excesses of capitalism and corruption too, user.

Attached: hitler takes a closer look.jpg (255x227, 14.54K)

I'm actually gonna go for no-aug and melee only instead.

Not to mention the hilarious voice recordings the NPCs have. Listening to the chinks in Wan Chai is one of my favorite things of all time. It's so terrible that it is fantastic.
Also, I love the atmosphere the game creates. To this day those canals, back alleys and random apartments feel amazing.

Attached: 57b2317aef234ae734a2aa5a0ae178914abc9d4ae61114da65b3645996e8556b.jpg (1365x2048, 440.41K)

My favorite NPC is that one bartender in China.

Here user, I improved that image for you.

Attached: Improved.png (617x478, 135.06K)

Rheetoreec

The aussie nigger that works in a hidden underground bar in Hong Kong?

Yeah. That bar had many fun characters.

EYE would be a shittier meme game without the cyberlegs.

Oh are you talking about the Lucky Money club?
I was talking about the little bar hidden in the canals.

The aussie nigger is the one at Lucky Money. The other bartender in the canals isn't Australian, iirc, but he does have a fucky accent.

I like how he said that as if he was confused about an actual, physical object in front of him, instead of a rhetorical question.

What kind of raid is this

Attached: 1389414072534.jpg (1010x769, 239.93K)

Double the memes doesn't mean double the quality, ZUCK.

Is that all you can count to?

Attached: 2eb.jpg (480x360, 22.15K)

Like clockwork.

Attached: b2fa52d9947003e07d5bf077c04365bcc6c9c1540be3157d432f7083e5b95a65.jpg (378x352, 68.6K)

My thoughts exactly.
This "raid" is just a 10+ newfags fucking up every thread with shitmemes, avatarfag, 4cuckfag, E-Celeb-derail, and just being a goddamn fucking useless assholes.
don't forget the "sweetie" shitposter, that should have been banned long time ago

It's horrible, but these people just can't stop being shit, and that might be all they are good at.

Attached: Raging.png (320x240, 3.87M)

Attached: c54.png (1988x1132, 1.94M)

Those that think that Helios AI was the best ending clearly didn't play Invisible War then because they make it obvious that Helios eventually corrupts over time and JC eventually shuts it down only to drive himself insane. Helios is a bit like Skynet, giving it that kind of information leads Helios to realise that Humans are ungovernable and then proceeds to think the only way forward is to turn all humans into Not humans hence the Denton ending in Invisible War, its sorta treated as humanity is all augmented and thus ascended except that kind of existence would also suck because then everyone would be super human which would result in no one being able to really do anything because the Helios AI would say "But that wouldn't be ideal". Idealism is crap is what I'm saying.

I still say the Bob Page ending that never got made would've been the best because in the end JC would be emperor of Europe, Bob Page would have eventually gone insane by the Helios AI destroying his brain, JC would just assume control over everything minus Helios' pesky involvement and the Illuminati being a factor. Sadly that never got made but still I think JC would've just eventually fucked over Page in time. Page was an idiot for thinking that merging with an AI would be the ideal outcome this is also why JC doing it is equally as stupid, Helios AI is an idealist AI, its trying to do utilitarian shit but the main problem with that is eventually no one is happy because in order to progress everyone has to be happy with the progress, which never works because no one is ever happy with change. The AI would just give up and say, fuck it, keep everything boring. This would make for not only a shit world to live in, but also a shit sequel to a video game.

Better buy the newest and latest games, Goy!

Attached: I Wonder.webm (512x512, 1.95M)

The city's lit up, man! Yeah!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Get back in your cage.

More damaging than actual shills to be honest.

goons are at it again?

Is this a joke? Transhumanist leftist garbage propaganda games that play like shit compared to the original game. MD is irredeemable and HR is meh.

It didn't predict Jack shit, most of these are already existing problems. It's a red pilling mechanism not an accidental prediction. The Rockerfellers and the UN, the Rothschilds and the trilateral commission, independently employed citizens then and now, tax payments, etc. It's a whole lot of truth dumped into a video game.

Good. I am prepared for when the shit hits the fan, and show should you.

Kill yourself newfag.

I misread "no augment" and it made me chuckle.

Attached: not an augment.png (1159x886, 1M)

MD plays exactly like the old game except with better inventory and augmentation management and implementation. Even the map design is similar, with MD being more realistic than DX1's

What's wrong with left-wing writing?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (300x100 45.29 KB, 45.22K)

No, if this was right, there wouldn't be so much depression, disease and such. Technology and civilization is a cancer. Well, there is a point between complete wild life and the technological civilization that we have now that is optimal for people. But it for sure is NOT found in further technological advancement.

Don’t discount everything the left says. For example, Leftists have a higher percentage of people wishing to boycott Israel. Most (((conservatives))) would happily bleed their last penny for the Greatest Ally.

Anti-corporatism and anti-globalism isn't necessary left-wing

This. It is even more retarded to think that lefties are against such a controlling force, especially the far left.

not anymore goy

hitler was a leftist/progressive in his day, though

hitler was a murderous asshole that went around killing millions of poles, ukrainians, russians, french and jews because "muh master race hurr bow down filthy untermensch"

You faggots always out yourself so easily.

Facts speak for themselves, regardless of what your deluded mind might think.

FUCKING COMMIES STOP RUINING EVERYTHING
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Turbo boost.jpg (960x640, 105.46K)

Have you taken a look at the writers of Deus Ex?

Which facts? That people die in war? Wow, what a surprise man, who could've fucking thought.

Have ever played Deus Ex? The writing is a fucking grey area as it should be, it takes no side.

Ok. Run along now, go tell Holla Forums about how "da joos" run the world.

Have you seen who wrote Deus Ex? There is no such thing as detachment of personal beliefs from story you're writing.

Like the “fact” that Nazis made soap and lampshades out of Jews that later turned out to be bullshit, and even the official Israeli holocaust museum has come out and said its bullshit? Those facts?

I'm just saying that people die during war time, whatever the cause I don't care. Also: holocausthandbooks.com/ have fun.

Yes there is you absolute faggot, Deus Ex is a good example of that. Hell even New Vegas would be a good example of how a grey area should be.

nothing wrong with that, slav(e)s and semites aren't white, and france had it coming to them for declaring war on the third reich instead of siding with them

uhh, have you seen who wrote deus ex? It's very clearly agenda driven. It's not as "fucking grey area as it should be." It's pretty clear cut in its assumptions and its views.

See you leftist amoeba there is this concept that you fail to grasp that is one can distance oneself from their politics when creating a work and most times out of ten it leads to a more accessible and clear narrative free of over-emotional bias. If you could somehow rip out the brain slug that without doubt is slurping what's left of the parts of your amygdala that aren't responsible for the permanent menstrual rage you experience with every waking moment of your existence leaving behind only a pile of shit in the cavity between your ears along with the commie propaganda you like to spew. See before what I wish I couldn't deem "people" like you were in control of practically any form of creative media this idea of keeping one's politics, beliefs or socio-economic agenda out of their works was quite widespread or at least disguised well. This all changed when only neon-haired dickless abominations and dykes with sand surgically inserted into their fetid cunts dictated that that shit wouldn't fly anymore and now we can't go 10 minutes into anything without seeing the "creators" personal beliefs and political stances spewed across all aspects of their work like a paint on a Jackson Pollock painting.

Yeah man Epic Mickey is essential Leftist storytelling because the only place Leftist politics works would be a Mickey Mouse cartoon. You fucking spiritual gnat.

Attached: rarest pepe.png (1000x1000, 618.5K)

Yet it still offers more than one view or reason why the bad guys or good guys are not so bad or good. It doesn't do the X is bad because X is bad shit so many other plots do. I've also read the guys books and they are in a similar vain of this.

the right wing sympathies are pretty weak in the game. I think you're viewing it purely in an authoritarian v libertarian, and not a left v right dichotomy. I mean shit, one of the endings of the game is literal meme communes and another is a good boy AI who dindu no wrong with the last being submittal to a system that you think you can change from the inside. Not much about the need of hierarchy there, lots of abolishing of it however.

I do view it from a left vs right perspective. I understand what you're saying though, I don't really agree with it. If the cut "not betraying UNATCO" path wasn't cut it would've a lot better in this regard but you can't have everything.

Try again. It's ok though, I just to be a good goy like you.

That's a pretty good sign you haven't played either.

The augs in IW were pretty shit. And then they often stacked useful augs in the same slot so you couldn't have more than one, but then did the same with useless augs so you'd have an entire aug slot that meant damn near nothing. The ammo system was retarded, too.

That said, it was at least tolerable if you focused on the story, with the exception of how it moves on from the first game.

That's just how game dev works. Lay out a bunch of things you wanna do, get 60% done by a deadline, stretch it to last 100% and hopefully remember to fill in all the gaps. I'm sure we all know about how deus ex was gonna have moon missions and shit too.

I'm just not convinced there's much meaningful political musings in deus ex. I think it plays a lot of convenient narratives and doens't really touch on them thoroughly for more than a bit of entertaining political intrigue. I wish there were more games that were made that played with political intrigue like deus ex did, I think there's a lot of room for some cool stories beyond just what that game did.

Oh my, it's you again.I realize that I have requested that we retain our distance, but I also want you to know that it is not meant in ill-will. Here, take this. As a token of peace. No, go ahead. It's for you.

How about you fuck off back to cuckchan?

WTF… There are pro-illuminati endings, there are god-king endings and trans-humanist endings. It seems like your conception of right-wing begins and ends with Nazis or something.

I hated how in IW there wouldn't any good choices other than allying with the Omar since it basically leads to a future like 40k for humanity.

Transhumanism is pretty much a leftist thing user.

wow, don't you know about conservative transhumanism? Where they uh conserve uh

The Templars were the closest to actually trying to fix the awful state humanity was in tbqfh

Holy fuck just kill yourself now you Holla Forums rat.

True but meaningless since left/right is a cheap scheme which has only been used one-sided.
Wrong. Progressives are always the one promising revolution and total equality. (AKA Jews; for example the KPD)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressivism
Hitler didn't reform society. He reformed the state for the society and tried to rehabilitate the small but influential group outside that society.
(((They))) just named it that way to get followers.
Do you want to be intelligent?
Join our intelligentism movement! We'll make the world intelligent by overthrowing the government and teaching your children about gay sex!

*ones

DEUS EX THREAD
DEUS EX THREAD
DEUS EX THREAD

FUCK OFF.

Ok, I'll just post Deus Ex stuff about (((them)))

Attached: Deus_Ex_-_illuminati.webm (640x480, 2.66M)

OLD MEN

Boy, that game sure was interesting.

What the fuck happened here?

leftypol and its offshoots trying to stay relevant.

How so?

Yeah and George Washington was a liberal. Times change, and the meaning of words changes with them.

They are ones pushing for it, if you didn't notice it.

Marxists just lost another battle, as per usual.

Attached: hitler-sip.gif (243x274, 635.31K)

so, it's dawned on me that they're sister shows
both shows are about the birth of a god
both are born as a new invention that reaches their conclusion on godhood
in deus ex, to quote one of the robutts, "you are a different creation, with a different answer' or something like that
in dudesex jc denton starts out as the virgin individualist and either becomes the chad collectivist by deciding that because there is no god, humanity must create one and he ascends. alternatively, he goes peak individualist and forces people into VILLAGES, JC
While in serial experiments lain, lain realizes her godhood and instead of becoming a god, realizes that if nobody remembers something it doesn't happen and resets the world, becoming an observer
so both shows are about new creations, I.E gods, and their answers upon arriving at the ultimate conclusion of their godhood
JC embraces his status and ascends to become king of man while Lain becomes an observer, less than a human as nobody remembers her or realizes her existence save for her surrogate father
so if you consume both pieces of media together you'll take two different sides of the same coin.
and thats my ultimate conclusion on both of them

PC recently ate it's own HD just got a new one and was curious if any of you have a magnet link to deus ex that isn't in the "I never asked for this" universe, just getting sick of the only ones searches bring up being piss flavored.

you don't disable electricity in the tracer tong ending though, you just disable communications
sure the internet is useful but it's not like getting rid of it will cause society to collapse or anything

it's a better option than letting the world be ruled in tyranny by heIios or the (((illuminati)))

Fuckin got me too

Attached: 01f2c9f577ec15321af5c3cbcb7064fd6f8b69b5121d0f350f07fd21e871153f.png (292x257, 108.63K)

Tracer's comment regarding villages doesn't mean a literal return to feudal pre-nation-state times. The only thing he destroys is the internet, which in the DX timeline (and ours) exists as a centralized surveillance and control system for a globalist one-world-government. Tong's ending leads to distributed states defined by their national heritages, not by globalist and commercial interests. It's not anarchy, it's rejection of cultural assimilation; it's like a larger-scale breakup of the EU.

It's still a fucking broken meme game that's pushed by nu-Holla Forums just because it isn't popular. Their next game was flop liked only by the 40k fags who'll eat up anything set in their stupid inconsistent joke of a universe.

As per Invisible War his idea caused society to collapse so he was a retard.

The IW plot was not the result of any one ending from the first game. It was a combination of all three endings. You can't say that Tong's ending in DE1 caused the societal collapse that's referenced in IW.

Finally an user who gets it Tracer isn't a fucking primitivist or anything he just wants each country to regain its sovereignty and control its borders. That's not even a radical idea.

That's a huge issue and anyone with half a brain can see that it's a massive point of failure. Once they work that out they'll focus all their efforts on it and then they've only got to get lucky once.

But it's hardly "no hierarchy" is it, when you'd have demigods running around.

They promote is as "leftist" because they need plebs to support their own collective enslavement. Do you think JKRowling who lives in a mansion like an English Lord is a leftist when she supports everyone taking in refugees? Elysium the film is another example.

The original games are more concerned with the malevolence/benevolence scale of rulership and the integrity of a hierarchical system. i.e. are the templars/transhumanists/illuminati "genuine" elites or frauds?
For a game, it does a pretty good job of exploring these concepts.

???

I guess Tracer just worded it a bit poorly, resulting in such a misunderstanding that whoever made the DX1 port to PS2 made the Tracer ending so that the entire world's electricity just shuts down, which did not help the situation regarding that ending at all.

MGS2 fags should fucking kill themselves. No wonder MGS2 is the fan favourite of Reddit.

Deus Ex for clubbing music.

Yeah. I forgot about all the other mainstream games that used real world statistics, facts and names.

That just makes them useful idiots they don't hate isreal because of the jews they hate it because of the poor oppressed muslims.

This is pretty much the case as anyone who's been through a modern University recently can attest.

Well fellas, so far so good; I made it to Wan Chai on a melee only, no augs realistic run. That's no grenades either, but I have been using a mace/fire extinguisher every now and then for fun ( I like to pepper spray homeless people/little boys before killing them in an alley. ) I'm going for 100% completion by doing all the side quests/exploration as well.
It's pretty fun. Although a few situations were challenging, the game is still relatively easy as it gives you plenty of other ways to avoid confrontations, if you look hard enough. So far I havne't killed any UNATCO/NSF/Riot police. However I'm a little concerned about the future since there will be many more combat robots and I have no real way of neutralizing them unless they are connected to a terminal.
My biggest fuck up so far was rushing to create a new game and forgetting that one skill level is automatically assigned to handguns. One skill level that you can only de-assign before starting the game. So that was 1575 skill points that were flushed down the shitter right off the bat.

Also, I'm stocking up on soy, liquor and all the zyme I can find so I can do them all at once before merging with Helios, or whatever. They're never gonna know what hit 'em.

Attached: Shot0001.png (1366x768 435.75 KB, 632K)

On top of this I'd like to add that the shittiest part about not using augs is losing the flashlight. And nightvision goggles are useless.
Use those flares wisely.

Attached: Shot0004.png (1366x768, 551.91K)

I've got something for you to read user.

No Transhumanism has never been a revolutionary concept it was pushed to give central control to the bankers since they'd be the ones in charge of the technology and could favour certain classes with it.

user pls

You are like little baby. Try this:
Tried that since it was a bonus challenge in a mod (Shifter?) and it was better than it sounds.

Fuck off back to your containment board leftist scum.

The first two games are masterpieces.

Attached: i've only ever killed communists.png (664x648, 253.36K)

That's the most fucked up thing I've ever read.
It actually sounds really, really cool.

Attached: b37ee0d305061d04831f79a942e5f15c40197dc8d22b06bfe34d614e74ef2f85.jpg (514x735, 97.08K)

Why don't you just read it?

Attached: da041e2698629cffe0531ffc05dd0befb895783acb815077d8f26382a012bb22.png (528x624, 11.33K)

He doesn't have to, because I'll paraphrase the whole thing here:

Jewish D&C meant to turn a country in on itself so that (((they))) can move in and take over your country to become the new elite, while the goyim are reduced to impoverished cattle.

Marx was a power-lusting hack and communists like you are retards.

Attached: SHAKE IT BABY.png (1366x768, 573.14K)

Facts and namedropping isn't good writing.

has anyone got the deus ex gets funky webm, they deleted it off youtube

Attached: 1e07745ea1a4c3e3913371633c437e00edfd2df9a8f09ca51579af8eb34a29af.jpg (530x507, 115.11K)

Attached: 1251449400827.png (750x557, 240.41K)

D-did you kill cat lady too?

Meanwhile in HR/MD…

That was actually originally planned but scrapped before release, there are bits still left in-game (like him offering it), there might be some mods that "restore" it.

I didn't have a lot of issues with the PC version that I remember.

FUCK, I deleted a few screenshots I had saved of funny dialog in IW and I wanted to use them.

Oh fuck, I still remember when a friend of mine (who was the one to actually recommended the game to me way back then) told me you could do that thing with the LAMs on the plane.

Also, shit, I had never heard Ana scream like that before. Now that I think about it I never dicked around with the flamethrower before either.

nigga I think you should leave

Why?

Automated system with poor oversight, assuming there even is any oversight.

What about how people would react surveillance AI such as Morpheous, or the response to the 9/11 attacks?

half the posts in this thread have been deleted for fkknows what reason. the state of this place

They were deleted because they were all political shitposting that had nothing to do with videogames, you dumb fucking faggot.

This one?

Attached: deus disco.webm (512x288, 4.77M)

Deus Ex is inherently a political game and discussing its redpills is very much a Holla Forums thing. We've being doing it since the first exodus.

Why don't we just ban deus ex threads and be done with it? Shitty "two deep four you" games like this only attract shitposters from Holla Forums or Holla Forums or some other shithole. It's better to just be done with it and focus on video games.

>>>Holla Forums

Enjoy inviting every edgelord fedora who thinks he's the shit because he played any deus ex game on Holla Forums. No, thanks. Better just ban it and stop them from coming here.

Deus Ex is a game about politics and philosophy. Of course there's going to be discussions relating to these topics in Deus Ex threads.

This but please use Hooktube.

>giving (((youtube))) views
Fuck off. .webm or fuck off, reported.

>>>/somethingawful/

Attached: deus ex.webm (839x392, 13.23M)

When did Holla Forums become so full of hypersensitive manchildren that get triggered over serious topics? We're supposed to be better than the safespace that is cuckchan, reddit, etc. who don't give a shit about free speech.

Around the time cuckchan stopped allowing legacy captcha. You know full well this shithole is nothing but a cuckchan sanctuary city now, quit being surprised by this.

hooktube still pulls from jewgle servers you idiots. try blocking google domains and try to play that hooktube video. webm/mp4 or nothing.

but i need them to tell me what to think!

this is a much more nuanced and reasonable position than I expected from Spector, given some of the tweets he's posted in the past

Attached: c49820c5833ba937a190557726c56c76f7ca51174b580a6977950efde77d08d2.png (638x525 82.03 KB, 36.02K)

The saddest part about all male FFXV cast is that its exactly made for fujoshit japanese dykes. So by japanese standards that's progressive, because jrpgs with all male cast are rare as fuck and vidya this genre tends to include at least one waifu in party for straight men.

Attached: geek mythology.jpeg (570x427, 63.73K)

It's one thing to discuss the political aspects of the game and a completely different thing to have Holla Forums faggots posting their favorite commie books and how Hitler was literally the anitchrist, while Holla Forums faggots retaliate with Hitler did nothing wrong gas the kikes race war now.
Do you know what that kind of political shitflinging has to do with Deus Ex? PROTIP: Fucking nothing, you dumb fucking pieces of shit.

Radical centrists win again!

Attached: f0fabcb1455bcc33cc2419e1680b21c94ebedf6dfef17a07b4a4b99199a31534.jpg (566x677, 77.52K)

You didn't drive them off. It was like 30 posts of both sides shitting on each other, getting nowhere and posting about shit that has nothing to do with the game.
Alternatively, you could:
1. Report the cunts
2. Mods delete posts
3. Thread does not turn into shit
4. ????
5. Profit
But that would involve you not feeling good about yourself for winning another epic e-battle of the wits at the cost of ruining another thread on Holla Forums.

If you stop fighting the marixsts they win and frankly I'm starting to question why you're defending this stuff.

Attached: 1520498624001.jpg (615x647, 82.91K)

Other than being really hard on augmentation he didn't do anything wrong. He was infinitely better than the Illuminati-run Order that he came from.

Have any of you guys played the Endless Mod yet? Remember you have to replace the .exe to get the Mod to work properly (backup your .exe files too)

He shat on the commie too user IDs Nigga, howeveratleast two of the Mods are really weird about this political enforcement one of them is a hardcore Leftist furfag and the other deletes things for no discernible reason that makes any sense.

Everything? The game is only notable for its politics.

Alright so how am I supposed to deal with the NSF guy's inside that one apartment complex in hell's kitchen without blowing them all to fucking kingdom come? is there some stealth tactic? give me some ideas here.

yes! thanks

stick with the prod
prod with the prod

The GEP gun is the best way to silently assassinate manderlay.

Just in case, though, we're police.

Just kill them all NSF are scum.

Try gas grenades. You might want to use the back door too.

Use the window.

Alright I just used the stun prod, I thought there was more guys but apparently there's only 3 so it was easy. When I went in there one of the hostages was already dead. Was it possible to save him? Also does anyone know the number combination for the panel beneath the smuggler's bed?

I think you're a bit too new to post here lad.

DEUCE SEX: CRAPINA

Attached: 20180325_122457.png (1866x1381, 317.69K)

Just look up the code online, the game is 18 years old.

Weird that it has static codes though.

You mean shitting up Holla Forums with posts about trumpstein?

LEFTYPOL OUT

I pretty much only use the healing aug anyway, so I don't see this as any kind challenge. Just upgrade yourself to doctor on med skills and abuse medbots and bob's your uncle. Having no speed aug or lifting aug might cause some detours here and there, but usually you can get anywhere with hacking/lockpick/multitool/explosives.

Honestly I don't see where the challenge would come from, unless you're talking hardcore mode and you have to kill every enemy or something like that. Simmons could be a tougher cookei without augs, but you can just set a trap with mines there as well (or can you, do they disappear through loading screens, I forget).

Go shit up some other thread faggot

Attached: shigtoise.png (680x451, 1.03M)

>>>Holla Forums

Fucking how? By electing some insider political theater puppet again? I'd still vote for Trump again, given the choices.

What did I miss? Another leftypol raid?

Holla Forums is for arguing and not agreeing blindly.