Does anyone else feel that Titanfall 2 could've done better if not for EA sabotaging it by releasing it right next to...

Does anyone else feel that Titanfall 2 could've done better if not for EA sabotaging it by releasing it right next to CoD and Battlefield? Everyone who's played it knows that Titanfall 2 is basically an FPS version of Vanquish, so I'd like to talk about that and Titanfall 2 in general.

Also the time travel mechanic is fucking bonkers in a good way

Attached: hes ded.jpg (350x467, 31.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13502/operation-frontier-shield-the-patch-notes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also before you say this is a shill thread, I just wanted to make a proper thread since the other OP was facebook tier trash.

Is it worth to buy now? I looked up some gameplay and looked pretty fun tbh, but some anons say the game is dead

if it uses origin then no, otherwise most of my friends have liked it a lot so if its on sale and free of Kikery then its probably a safe bet.

Attached: 1412927420138.jpg (465x611, 61.91K)

It's shit tons of fun, but it only has 2,000 players because EA.

It was doomed to failure by being too fast for normalfags and too normal for hardcore gamers.

The release was probably done on purpose so EA could then buy the dev later that year, which they did

why are there so many fucking titanfall threads lately? like, don't get me wrong, i actually unironically loved the first and liked the second, but this is what, the fourth one i've seen in a week?

I demand lewds of Captain Gates

How many of them had the OP complain about being called a shill? I'm guessing 4/4? It's the newest method of (((deflection))).

Yes. You can replace "Titanfall 2" with any other game EA has ever gotten their hands on and the answer would be still be yes.

Attached: Edward James Daffy.png (719x719, 465.36K)

Reminder EA killed Bullfrog.

Fuck off shill.

Whenever I hear this game I can't help but think about that one video of a Titan jerking off a pilot.

Of course they sabotaged it. I called the acquisition of the studio from miles away. Why those retards would go along with it is beyond me though, you'd figure they wouldn't get fucked twice since Activision already did it to them before.

Maybe when there's a sale again. At this point the playerbase consists purely of veterans who haven't stopped playing and will shit thunder all over you. The game itself is fanastic, though.

They did that intentionally to devalue Respawn so they could buy and enslave them just like they do any other developer that gets involved with them.

Do you think Titanfall 3 will come out good? I'd pay for Titanfall 2.5, the gameplay is mirror-polished, I just want more scenarios to wall run through.

Does anyone else think the Titanfall 2 campaign is basically classic Sonic the Hedgehog in first-person? Think about it, it's all about going fast, smooth parkouring, levels like the giant factory have multiple routes through which you can get from start to end like Emerald Hill, and you can recover from hits rather quickly. And then there's all the level-unique gimmicks and Titan parts on top of that. Respawn ended up making a better 3D Sonic game than Sonic Team ever could, I hope they take TF3 even more into that direction inb4 Respawn is dEAd

Now that I'm also thinking about it, Titanfall 2 might have very well been the last game published by EA to not feature lootboxes or P2W advantages of any kind.

Respawn is dead.

Also pretty-sure there was some pay2win bullshit in it, just not as aggressive as what was in say, Battlefront II. They've been doing that shit since Battlefield 3 ya know?

You can join in, but be prepared to get fucking destroyed for the first few hundred rounds.

the only thing you could pay for in titanfall 2 were skins iirc

The campaign is just a gussied-up tutorial

I uninstalled because the playerbase isn't there anymore, matchmaking (ugh) takes like 15 minutes

It's just cod clone with a gimmick so no it wouldn't have been better.

I see what you're getting at but I don't think the analogy holds up to scrutiny.

nah its fucking garbo m8

there are some cash shop weapons that give you a boost to xp/dosh per match, and the bonuses stack so a good goy will be making something like double or triple what non-goys will

Tell that to the studio bosses, they're the ones who picked up the release date.

They also fucked up 1 by not including a single player.

2 was shit even with single play tbh.

Attached: pete_hines.jpg (600x300, 55.06K)

Nice argument there cunt.

source?

forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13502/operation-frontier-shield-the-patch-notes

i was wrong, the bonus doesn't stack, but the chance of getting double XP per match stacks at 10% per cash shop weapon skin, topping out at 30%

You belong on a cross.

Attached: 7b357ed14bb039522a25c95ece8c5d5a3243bba35bcb2db478f4899179950da6.webm (1920x1080, 9.71M)

Yes

Attached: ;^).jpg (264x542, 151.88K)

More?

Attached: dishonorablesweat.png (449x425, 317.72K)

Despite 2 underperforming my dev friend told me that they are making a 3. If you want proof I could get mark to make me up since I almost got a Q&A from the devs here but it fell through.
I like fast games but it always just felt like COD with mechs to me and I can't see the appeal since I would rather play Tribes.
I just hope EA doesn't ruin it for the people who did like it they will.

Attached: 1432515077541.png (700x393, 458.88K)

What happened?

Not exactly sure, Mark would know. My dev friend seemed like he really wanted to do it but since it's a AAA games company they have to get permission from marketing people or something and that is probably where it got stuck.

Check Steam DMs

EA would probably throw a massive shitfit if they found out one of their devs held a Q&A thread on hatechan, home of the gamergate terrorists.

That's a shame,i would love any d evs to do a q and a here,would give me a lot of confidence in them and their game.

here's your (faggot), You

Sure thing.

Attached: cfe77789f55705382366358a53c8f6be7ff16386ed810510e251ae12b1711431.webm (1920x1080, 5.81M)

TF2 was already a downgrade from TF1 as far as core mechanics were concerned if you ask me. i liked TF2, but it really was a step back in a lot of ways in order to appeal to the COD audience (epin executions that take you out of first person, the almost moba feel to the different titans having different roles etc). 3 would be perfect if they:

It would have done better if the main character was a latina with a big butt

Of course they did, it was still better than Niggerfield 1. Shame what happened to them honestly but Respawn has only themselves to blame for dealing with EA.

I always liked the art style of the games, the titans are a nice idea too. Shame we won't get a SP to play as the IMC.

I haven't played that much of the first one but I liked how the matches felt in the first compared to the second. I wish they didn't go out of their way to appeal to the "competitive" COD fags who just wanted Pilot on Pilot, I really liked the attrition gamemode with all the gruntd and shit coming in on dropships and droppods, made the battles feel alive.

The singleplayer was also fun, it was short but sweet. The co-op mode is pretty fun too.

It is if on sale, like said it's mostly the hardcore playerbase left, but the co-op mode is pretty fun and iirc even counts towards leveling up your titan in MP. Its a good place to start and get you used to the gameplay and feeling of piloting titans before you dive into the MP.

Attached: 20180326185708_1-1.jpg (1920x1080 428.45 KB, 492.5K)

>>>/out/