MUGEN thread

Post saltybets, interesting characters, and so on. You can make your own fighters using a program called Fighter Factory, of which there's plenty of versions. Mugen comes with a base character called Kung Fu Man, who has all the features of the engine attached to get you started, just import him into a program and study him a bit and you can start making shit like this.

On top of that there's nothing wrong with using someone's character as a base, so if you think someone's spritework sucks or they can't design for shit, you can take their character and redesign it yourself using their spritesheet, which you can export using these programs. So if you want to make, say, a full Resident Evil fan fighting game, you don't have to work from the ground up.

One of the reasons i'm bringing it up is that kids from the new generation have been making fighters for this engine. Like nu-Cartoon Network characters, so if you want to make a legit fighting game, you have no excuse and this engine is the perfect place to get started.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!jsEwURxZ!p3ZDKcNBHW53-3iTI1eGDwbg787ctBL_XuMN9AnVcT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

even

>>>/suicide/

This is a thread for crazy mugen bullshit, it shouldn't be drowned in a general.

Did 8chbet user ever deliver?

Attached: saltybet.webm (500x375, 4.07M)

Anyone still got those webms of Magic Geese fighting those edgy 2hu edits?

I made a couple of shitty mugen chars back in the day. What I learned is that MUGEN is short for MUHFUGEN.

I don't have that one but I do have a bunch of edgy 2hu edits webm.

Attached: S-Sakuya.webm (640x480 5.42 MB, 6.22M)

What is the best MUGEN standalone and why is it Castlevania Fighter?

I have a video of magic geese

also this.

I liked saltybet before it got ruined by toehoe faggotry and retards calling every fictional female character a waifu.

Attached: REs own one winged angel.jpg (900x1000, 304.92K)

Trying to make sense of 2hu edits is a lost cause.

Attached: more SFX means my char is more powerful.webm (640x480 7.33 MB, 4.67M)

I remember when the SaltyBet community banded together to rebuff El Presidente after he got nerfed. It was a good time in Salty Bet history.

8chbet #2 user
It died after awhile. My shit internet is the reason why I couldn't keep posting updates. Lemme scrounge up the lastest download link, but its borked and requires some fixing.
In general the characterlist is finished, we just need 3-5 more characters and then start the long ass process of testing character AI and adding AI to characters that don't have it, or have shit AI.
Most likely we'll also need to get a bigger screenpack since a shitton of fun mugen characters have been made in absence, a lot more than just 3-5 characters.
latest link: mega.nz/#!jsEwURxZ!p3ZDKcNBHW53-3iTI1eGDwbg787ctBL_XuMN9AnVcT4
Again, it'll probably crash on startup: so a fix is to go into vselect, then open the select.def, and then find+replace all fuckt entries with ones that make sense.
I tried uploading updates in data packs, so that there'd be less shit to download all at once, and people could modify 100 mb data packs instead of fucking 9 gb game installs and upload said modified packs as a patch, but it failed.
Anyway, I'll probably never touch it again, but it's here for other anons to look at it.

One word
Aiduzzi

RASHOU MON

My favorite saltybet of all time, truly inspiring.

Would you happen to have the video?
I want to see this shit.

Attached: vengeance_of_the_seas.jpg (1920x1080, 209.29K)

Sadly, no. Don't know the crab, but I would recognize him if I saw him. Don't know the edge lord either and I really doubt I would recognize him.

And he was like a humanoid crab. I assumed he was a kaiju despite not being familiar with any of that.

Someone should update the characters to their most recent builds, especially the Ricepigeon 2hus since more of them have been released and updated.