Soulless Remakes

Alright, but WHY?
I don't mind remakes as much, if they're taken care of with respect and dignity. We've only gotten TWO unique Mario & Luigi RPG games, and one of them was a forced paper Mario cash-in.

I'd be less aggravated if they used the older, superior artsyle with classic cel animation and ported it to the switch instead, but rather, we got yet another lazy, shallow, sedated "remake" with the shitty clay styled dream team engine.

Is Nintendo purposely dumbing down its playerbase so they can reap the max profits after there is nothing more in their consumer base than numales, manchildren and actual children? Are standards and quality control absolutely, without a shadow of a fucking doubt, dead? Nintendo didn't even fulfill the full potential after the 90's, it wasn't supposed to go downhill so soon. Is it just Nintendo, or do they reflect of off what society gives them?

Attached: MyNigga0.gif (1200x711 18.72 KB, 137.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/YgHKl9Cwg-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: we've got to have money.webm (320x240, 169.41K)

I think the most obvious sign is they skipped partners in time and went straight for the next best in the series.

Trailer if you want to suffer with me.
hooktube.com/YgHKl9Cwg-g

That's fine and all, but I'm so damn curious on why backlash isn't as big as I thought, or existent even, I am thinking Nintendo did succeed at making their consumer base retarded and full of the goodest goyim. I am no longer the target audience, and I most likely haven't been so in almost 10 years.

Someone ought to re-animate your clip with Kimishima or one of the other Nintendo higher ups. Even waluigi would do nicely.

Attached: mario-luigi-3.jpg (3840x2160, 593.84K)

It's there because they pledged to continue support of the 3DS, and that's it. They're not putting a ton of work into it beyond smoothing over the little touches the original game had. I would even say that Alpha Dream is dog tired of the fucking mario and luigi games even given it's all they produce in years.

It's not that there's people excited over this, no. It's just that nobody cares about the 3ds at this stage, even on here i've seen more people bitch about the 3DS still getting games(especially with the luigi's mansion remake) instead of the switch more than anything.

Money, that's what you get for trusting soulless nips. Where's your superior Japanese games industry now?

I don't mind the 3DS getting new games, but shit like this is just absolutely shameless. What support even is this if you can play a game a decade prior with extremely similar gameplay, content and even arguably, graphics. This isn't worth a 40$ pricetag, and they use the shitty little "post game" to justify it. I wouldn't be surprised if the shroobs were omitted completely.

It's gonna come back. Right? ;-;

Aside from ability to make more money on the same ideas, I really don't get why lately there's been a trend to remake games that still handle just fine. Especially cases like this, Radiant Historia, and Strange Journey, where the original game isn't that old anyhow and is outright playable on the system the remakes are going to by way of backwards compatibility in the first place. Not exactly a case of the originals' visuals not holding up either (these aren't a case of, say, early 3D PS1 games using the PS2 for a facelift a few generations back).

I'd argue Atlus is more worse when it comes to remakes. They have been adding day 1 dlc to every remake they touch.

No.

Undeniable proof it’s shit

The fact that most of it are assets already made is proof that it's a cash in.

Admittedly, most people stopped caring about Mario until MK8D, and Odyssey dropped (the original MK8 and Mario Maker WiiU being the lone exceptions). Besides them and maybe the latest Mario Tennis coming on Switch, the other recent Mario games are either completely ignored or trashed like the new Paper Mario crap.

More like shitting over any charm and quality the original games had.

Damn, this game actually looked way better on the GBA. How did they fuck up the artstyle this badly?

Attached: baseball.webm (640x360, 3.02M)

Reused assets from Dream Team and everything else reworked to match them/look more soulless.

This game was never on the GBA

"No OCs allowed" since whoever the fuck in charge of Paper Mario has decided this since the 3DS titles

He got confused with the first Mario&Luigi RPG which was on GBA, and received the same terrible treatment

Right, meant to say DS. I'm retarded; the first one was on GBA. Had a similar look to it though. This one this just reused the terrible 3DS artsyle.

It's always disappointing to see shit like that happens. It's only the good games that gets a unneeded and ugly remake that ruins them afterwards. Where's my Sticker Star and Colour Splash remakes that makes them much fucking better than what they are currently?

You should see it in action too, the fluid cartoony animation has been completely remade into a choppy mess.

Given how many DS games are being remade recently, I assume that the Switch 2.0 will have a 3DS cart slot.

why would they allow you to use your 3ds cartridges when they can sell them to you again?

Attached: Why people hate remakes.webm (640x360 6.45 MB, 7.83M)

Are they going to fuck up the audio tracks with terrible midi shit on this one too?

Maybe 3ds virtual console then.

I don’t mind this. I’ll just pirate it like SS+
Why you guys are stressing about price and dont have a hacked 3ds is beyond me

I don't know why someone would go through the effort to hack a 3DS just to use it on playing shitty remakes for free.

Attached: Couldn't make sense.jpg (422x422, 48.45K)

Because the gameplay still holds up

I went through the effort to hack my 3DS so that I can play the original games. Playing the shitty remakes for free is a bonus.

Also this. This was literally my motivation for hacking my 3ds.

Releasing it on virtual console or making a free download for buying some other game would've made more money. This seems like a throwaway game designed specifically for new developers to chew on.

what emulator do you use?
any time I try to play gba games it always get a framerate of like 5 with extremely choppy music to match

It's not about pirating it, the point is that people are buying this, we are the minority.

People are raving about this, and people will continue supporting this practice because they don't know any better, or they do and they don't have standards. Anyone who was here when the original games released has either quit videogames, has become victim to hype culture, is a consumer whore, a casual, has nothing better to do, has stockholm syndrome, or in a more rare care, is now a developer.

We can't win anymore. Original titles of yore have been shorted out, plucked from the root and have been put on a screeching halt due to Nintendo now knowing they don't have to try anymore, so they don't give their devs the freedom they once had, and the ones that DO have the freedom, don't take advantage of them because they don't want to anger Miyamoto-senpai, See; Tanabe (Color Splash / Sticker Star) The absolute fucking pushovers. Yesmen are ruining Nintendo.
If the Switch hadn't released, I'd say we're in a transitionary period, but it's already been an entire year, this is what they're dedicating themselves to now. It seems even with the Switch's success, they're directionless.

Attached: [000902].jpg (1280x960, 273K)

you're supposed to Virtual Console inject

Attached: Toner Heads - Steve Jobs.mp4 (3026x3572 4.11 MB, 1.83M)

I need to look and see if I can find the article about some guy on Other M's development team getting fired, or stepping down can't really remember, after he made some cinematic Sakamoto liked and then was told the next day to scrap it after like a month of working on it. Can't really remember the details.

Is it out?

I attribute 60% of all nintendo purchases to parents of young children, meaning quality doesn't matter in the slightest.

I have a hard time believing actual children care about Nintendo anymore.

They don't have to care about it, their parents just have to consider it the safe default, like Disney.

Attached: 0fe58b8c776ffcf1603f01bf09145626026d26929a1c1e459134f8be352b509e.jpg (1087x667, 54.27K)

I'm horrified and fuming, but not surprised. Nintendo is dead, long live Nintendo. More fire emblem characters in smash please.

Attached: c1e9dbc7564b2403f875c5b7306a3ae81f50f8aaad821e038b812ffb6359ad53.jpeg (500x358, 37.14K)

This is too good to be real

Attached: 5b3ac29e53e683ce5c2d075443190e21c0754beecd5629b1fea72c62106612fd.png (888x834, 836.72K)

Jesus Christ, that answers my question.

Attached: _4fff0a0.jpg (800x532, 61.89K)

Well it's a 3.5% response rate and children can't respond to surveys while adults are more likely to, parents are to busy, and elderly want to watch MASH and old western programs so it's probably off by a good amount.

I don't understand why they use that lineless style for the new martyo and luggy games.
Like, for the short segments where it's 3D it works, because the artstyle can flex a little there but.
Like, it looks ugly.
All the Concept art and shit still is in the original hard lined style.
It would look objectively better, especially on a handheld system.

That's pretty awful, but it doesn't surprise me that soyboys would post that shit. Shit steam has the same metrics.

I know that this is how the trend is going in general, with tablets becoming a big deal for kids, but you can't just look at that data and say "Switch players are mostly in their 20s." You also have to consider the timeframe of that data and the historical perspective. That data is from just after the launch of the Switch. In other words, the install base that would buy a new console immediately after launch. It makes sense for it to be relatively young men. In the 90s, parents bought kids games and mostly didn't give a shit about them. In the present day, those same kids are the parents, and are buying the systems for themselves just as much as their kids. It's obvious that the parent who buys the system at launch is also the one who wanted to get the Switch the most, and the one who responded to the email. But even with taking that into consideration, it doesn't change obvious overall shift in who's playing what games.

The question was worded interestingly though "[who was] the person in your household who had the strongest desire to purchase a nintendo switch?"
So even if it was the parents getting the survey they'd still answer that it was their child.

True, however you still could answer honestly that "you" in the household being the one with the fiscal resources being the one who wanted it. It's badly worded, even considering the awful return rate.

I find Steve's speech very fucking ironic

Only fans would bother with such a survey anyway, which means it doesn't represent the general consumer.

Eh, what can you do?
>>>Holla Forums884882

How do we fix it?

yeah nah that post is made by a complete retard. He probably slurped up every thing apple shits out and is trying to justify it to himself.

You're really going to say that after what gaming has experienced for the past decade?

Attached: daa521240d9220fa215dd8abc24d895fac210d057b35c5a0edb65a36237fb72a.jpg (565x564, 54.44K)

Well fuck me.

Two years to legality then.

that's BS

You know I'd want to ask how you made the mistake but I realize that all of these mario & luigi remakes have the same bland art style and there really is no way to tell them apart

I still don't know if I should be upset that they ignored Partners in Time, or happy that they won't butcher that game in the same way.
Who else is excited to hear how badly they rape In the Final? You know full well it's going to sound just like embed related here.
I'm angry.

SPM was pretty universally despised until Sticker Star came out. I'm sure there were people that liked the story, but they were quickly silenced by TTYDfags screaming about how SPM was the next coming of Satan.

I wouldn't be surprised if PM as a whole is canned for a decade or so, due to the shit reception to SS and their attempts to address SS' criticisms in CS it sounds funny, but when you play Color Splash, it seems like they sort of tried to address the critique, but were too far into development to change anything substantial.

Attached: 1asdw.jpg (208x243, 18.58K)

Fun fact: In most US states: the age of consent is 16. However, If you're 20 years old and you have sex with a 16 year old in that state: you're still a pedophile because she's under the age of majority.

You would still be a pedophile if you have sex with an 18 year old in Nebraska or Wyoming because the age of majority in those states is 19.