2 creeps spawn at RANDOM lanes every turn

Isn't that quite a lot of RNG for a game that claims to aim for the hardcore card game audience? Consider that the creep spawning isn't like a creature's continuous effect, it's a persistent mechanic that happens every turn in every game and CANNOT be manipulated. Not even Hearthstone has such RNG-heavy mechanic like this. It's even worse considering they are going for a MTG-like business model but even worse. There's no trading and Valve will take 15% of every card you sell. What do you think?

Let's ignore that there are card effects that good TCG's have cards that allow you to search for cards, look at the top cards, or change the order of some cards in your library and say sure, it's 100% random. But does that justify adding even more random mechanics on top of it?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (578x325, 446.61K)

Too bad that game was wonderful and has good depth, but then got killed by power creep, pozzed developers for the last decade, and secondary market jewing

OP, you're saying that you plan to play this and are upset by their decision to add randomness? I think you get whatever you deserve when you choose to play a DotA virtual card game. I don't care if they add bad mechanics (which they almost certainly will) because I won't be wasting my time with it.

What card game doesn't suffer from power creep?

The power creep isn't so bad because it comes and goes (Alpha, Urza's, Mirrodin, etc). The problem is that when coupled with the secondary market, it becomes very difficult to keep up with the physical game, and you're better off to just playing Cockatrice or TTS instead of the paper game

That only matters if you're going competitive, there is a fan original Commander format which allows for cards that isn't tournament worthy a chance to shine there is even official formats based on Commander. On top of that there is some other less popular fan formats which are also alright to play for casual games.

The bigger problem with the game from OP's image is that, if I'm remembering this correctly, they violated one of the number one rules of introducing power creep. Never make every single card the player's collected useless. It might have been another card game but I remember that when a brand spanking new host of cards was introduced once they came with abilities that basically said "I Win" when used against old cards, then the game's audience crashed hard for violating this simple rule.

Commander/EDH is still a shitshow, because even if you play with others, there's always one guy that takes it too seriously and drops $30 cards for his whole meme deck and does a combo kill on Turn 5 or something, or has a 16/16 double striking Uril that kills people in one shot. Not fun.

There are some that just give you all the cards from the start.

Pokemon? Game was broken as fuck at the start with multiple ways to exploit the game to death and the most effective strategy was to ignore half the mechanics and make a deck focused on pounding your opponent to death in the first few turns before the game even starts. Now (I'm) it's completely playable.

I think you care too much about a shitty card game that most people will reject once it launches. The only way they could possibly draw more people to it would be to bribe Dota 2 players with cosmetics for playing the game, and that would probably just lead to people playing for their free shit and leaving.

Thanks for opening the thread and posting, great contribution!

MTG has been surprisingly consistent actually.

The fake parody one was much better than this fucking clone, and come on Valve, always late to the party but there's always shekels to be made.

Valve is dead

What, in Dota? Say it ain't so.

Attached: 1432300323600.gif (255x161, 436.55K)

It's card dota in fact.

Attached: Animu girl excite.jpeg (715x720, 58.84K)

>(((valve)))
just how many words for garbage are there?

Attached: mpv-shot0008.jpg (1280x720, 94.34K)

Attached: everyoneleaves.png (1152x648, 899.35K)

You can see how the rng ends up, plan and react accordingly nigger. Mechanics such as these are not even remotely comparable to the create shitfest that is HS.

No.

Who are you quoting?

Dear god I hope not.

I never imagined that Valve actually making a video game would be worse than them not doing it.

Attached: DqN4CWl.png (794x551, 283.23K)

>>>/a/

He said, quoting someone.