Final Fantasy series

After completing FFXV i was thinking, is there a point to play all old Final Fantasy games in 2018? Do they hold any value and/or fun experience to enjoy?
Which ones do you think are important to play?

Attached: Final Fantasy.jpeg (600x504, 112.74K)

Attached: DB3AC04B-327E-4A13-92EC-BE070B4FBAD2.jpeg (1920x1080, 203.9K)

XV was shit and you have shit taste for liking it.

For importance, play VI and VII because the normalfags can't shut up about those. For fun, play IV and V, and you might enjoy IX, but that one's pretty debatable.

One thing is to a joke about it. The other to realize Final Fantasy X is 17 years old game.

Attached: anon.jpeg (239x359, 12.89K)

Blatant anti-white propaganda from nips

Bullies

Attached: 7EFD69FF-EBD0-4B52-82BA-0CA1505301CD.jpeg (720x666, 83.58K)

Oh great, Holla Forums's bots got out.

I dare to say that the first one was the best.

Attached: no_logic.jpg (500x398, 92.86K)

That's how you do it.

Attached: TLS.jpeg (1037x1454, 217.1K)

i could stand it somewhat with the "cutscenes" from the snes era ff. but those shit in ffvii are just too much. doesn't help that the story was as stupid as kh.
ffta was pretty good even if it wasn't mainline. the series should have ended there.

Attached: 4A82C44E-08A4-4BEE-9AF5-F0BA7350595B.jpeg (1920x1080, 170.04K)

Talking about it, i just noticed The Last Story and Final Fantasy XV have a lot in common.

Attached: TLS3.jpeg (1280x720 153.44 KB, 106.14K)

1, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12, Tactics.
Everything else is superfluous.

Attached: 7b1a51881691e2c103e308c6c0c33529659b5a89ab8a3798f0424152cd414124.png (912x570, 128.14K)

but they are essentially correct.

For the most part, I suppose, though it's not hard to name the ones that stand out.
also, if you name Tactics but not Mystic Quest and Legend, go fuck yourself

Because it's shit.
This isn't a SaGa thread, fucktard.

Attached: bowl-of-stupid-for-breakfast-cereal.jpg (336x491, 34.62K)

It's almost if you want to bore people to death.

The best one is FF8.

Attached: 722.GIF (330x270, 2.02M)

First three are broken generic garbage with no story, 4 is alright, 5 is garbage, 6 is also alright, play 7 because it's a meme game, 8 is fucking garbage and you can play it just to see firsthand how awful it was, 9 is the in the series, 10 is where the series begins to die and is a precursor to all the cancer that plagues the franchise today.
NEVER play a sequel to a numbered, mainline game, like ff7 sequels or X2.

Yes, because they are a game and they're meant to be played.
You honestly cannot answer that unless you play it yourself.
All of them

Attached: My Final Fantasy.jpg (4082x8050, 8.92M)

1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9.

I will never not believe he did it for the attention. Faggot could have just deleted his post and tried again.

Attached: tahw_eht_kcuf.jpg (232x185, 13.46K)

I also enjoyed FFXV even though its combat is shit and is by no means a good video game. I find it comfy to wander around and explore the map

Are you mental? 4 is not bad but it's not remarkable especially if you are talking about the US version. Anons list is Spot on for the most part. My only disagreement would have 4, 9, X2 & 12 in a lower category of priority. So play FF1, 6, 5, 7 and if you liked those and want more play 4, 9. If you want more desperate for more and willing to downgrade in quality to get your fix then play X2, 12 & WoFF.

I had no idea that Final Fantasy Legends was Saga. At first, I assume you were talking about Adventure and Seiken Densetsu.

yeah, it was kinda funny for a day or so.

At least some of the replies are funny. My favorite is "Is it double gay or does it cancel out?" Another good one is "How big are your tits? Asking for a friend".
Also, I love all the numbers in your post.

Attached: 1273292919891.jpg (400x400, 103.83K)

Start with FF1 and stop with FF6 if you're heterosexual. If you're somewhat gay, stop at FF9. And if you're a flaming homosexual, stop at FFX.

Any further and you deserve the rope.

Attached: because we're jews. oh right.jpg (720x540, 98.15K)

Yes. Several of them are brilliant and a hundred times better than XV.
Play IV, VI and VII. They're the best in the series.

I don't care if you're 20, you're forever underage in my book OP.

Somebody made sure FF7 will hold up.

Doesn't 9 count as steam (or mist) punk? 7 and 9 are my favourites anyway - but I never played the snes era ones. Everything since 9 has been terrible. Currently playing 15, and have to say I'm perplexed as to what the point of this game is. The storyline is so boring and uninterestingly told that I think it's all washing over me, and the combat system hardly makes it feel like you're hardly playing a game at all. The way the car controls when """you're controlling it""" is a good metaphor for how the whole game feels thus far.

Also the performance is really weird on my laptop. Could hardly play it at first. Now it's playable, but framerate drops as it heats up. Tried lowering processor max, but don't know if it has any effect. Seems like it's just buggy/poorly optimised tbh.

Looking back I don't agree with that. FFX wasn't as bad as people seem to claim. I wouldn't call it mint but it wasn't bad.

10's problem is that it's hyperlinear and has no skip cutscene button. 12 opened it up again but bleh mmo combat.

Yeah it should have been open world instead of hub or actually menu-world.

I really took against it from the moment I played it tbh. Hated that there was no world map. Hated how gay all the characters seemed. Hated the shitty story. Hated the villain. Hated the voice acting. Hated the temples and basically all of the locations. To me it marks the point that (((square enix))) turned the series into a vehicle for Nomura's autistic j-pop homosexuality.

Basically I think Nomura needs someone else on-hand to reel in his cringey ideas.

play V

V actually had a pretty cool villain as far as aesthetics go.

Attached: what even is my body anymore.jpg (736x920, 114.79K)

Attached: five scientific reasons to kill yourself.jpg (680x630, 40.63K)

If it were to get a "sequel" it should be a story set in the same world but another region.

Having just went through 13-2 and 13-3, I can say while they are not good, the biggest sin of them both is being connected to 13 which is miles worse than its sequels. 13-3's combat could have been fun with a better story and characters, and real minor tweaks. 13-2 had decent level designs and the 2 playable characters were better than 2/3ds the cast of the first game but the combat system is still ass and the monster collecting system which I generally hate.

Final Fantasy Tactics. It has an extremely good storyline.

Neo Exdeath is basically every single soul that was trapped within the tree that turned into Exdeath being unleashed at once.
deepest lore

X was the same thing as XIII. Running down a hallway, the videogame.

Play VI then switch to DQ.

The biggest sin of 13-2 was that it was supposed to be a third Chrono game and got turned into FFXIII faggotry because the management thought it would sell better.

There are no good Final Fantasy games.

FFIV, FFV, FFIX, FFXII, FFXIV
because i liked them

I heard there was a modded rom of FF2 on NES that included that palace of heaven area. Anyone have it?

What the fuck

Allow me to chime in with another thought: If you're going to go the "Play them all, including the MMOs" route, make sure to play FFXI on a private server as the leveling is far too long and tedious to do on the official servers anymore and make sure to play FFXIV after you've played the rest. It's full of fanservice, nods to past games and things outright taken from them, video related.

Life is suffering

Dissidia's ex-death and original neo-ex death?
is Sephiroth in there somewhere?

Attached: 0025.png (1440x1288, 950.65K)

8 was at least a mid 7 for me.

Not yet

Is there even a point to play FF XV, one of the worst games on the franchise?

-Corridor game without exploration.
-One of the worst protagonists on the franchise.
-Overall visual design is ugly as hell, and all over the place.
-No challenge AT ALL.
-Final boss battle where you can't die and it is just a long interactive cutscene.
FF X is shit.

This.

That is because 13-2 was supposed to be Chrono Trigger 3, and 13-3 was supposed to be a new Valkyrie Profile game.
Exactly because of their characters and world being for 13, it made them shit.
Their gameplay, if it was put on their original games as it was intended, would make both great games.

His name was a mistranslation.
Originally, he is called Exodus.
The representation of many creatures "leaving" (an exodus) the Exodus Tree is wonderfully applied to it's design.
Iconography and symbology > lore.

This.
Complete with shitty characters and retarded plot.

He's just the main character designer. Stop letting Tabata, Toriyama, and Kitase get away because you want to meme about belts.

How hard is XI to get into? Any decent pservers around?

Anyone else here like Type-0?

full voice acting with closed captions if you are learning nipponese. same reason you'd play fallout 4, language learning

It becomes shit towards the end but until then it was fun.
Both type-0 and XV have pretty much impossible to lose final bosses, which i find bizarre to say the least.

seems everyone has forgot about Yu - Yevon already

these are actually awesome, shame it's wasted on a garbage mmo.

Type 0 was fun up until the point where they split your party in 2 and expected you to level everyone up equally. I have to do a bunch of missions with characters I dont even use now and get about 1 level each mission for each of them. Multiply this by about 15-30 and you have a bad time on your hands.

adding to this post, if you play IX, play it on playstation, the original version has 2 player where player two takes control of half the party, play with a buddy

Like every Final Fagasy between 4 and 9 you fucking loser.

This nigga knows what's up.

Attached: acceptable.jpg (710x888, 94.33K)

X-2 actually has the best ATB gameplay in the entire series
shame the structure is shit and the character design is also shit. And the story
They should grab the ATB gameplay and remake all final fantasies with job systems with this, and change "dressphere" into just a normal job change

FF-13 had the right idea but horrible execution. FF13 would've been a better game if they just copy pasted X-2's gameplay.

I'm pretty sure they recognized that and used the base gameplay and built on it for FF13. But forgot that what made it fun was the classes and flashy nature, not entirely the characters.

Think about it, FFX-2 was the first game where you could change jobs during battle, FF13 streamlined that with the Paradigm system, FFX-2 had an ATB system where you could "queue" the whole party's attacks, while FF13 allowed each character to queue up to 6 actions at once and do combos and so on.

What went wrong in the battle system is that the game DITCHED the classic classes and look for a shitty nu-sci fi fantasy thing. No flashy outfits, everything is quick and has no oomph as a result, and the Summons didn't actually feel good to use, since they were QTE fests instead of unique characters that had their own movesets, because THAT is what they got right about FFX, the summons, while there were only a handful, had CHARACTER, and you could use them in a variety of ways, like bringing one out for a huge attack or to exploit their moves Valefor's Sonic Wing delay fest or Bahamut's Impulse comes to mind, or bringing one out to tank a huge attack, or simply because you want to.

They streamlined everything while trying to expand on it. They forgot why people played Final Fantasy in the first place.

Even 15 doesn't get it right, the only one that did was a fucking spinoff, you can BE the summons, they just regressed backwards. Spectacle doesn't really count for much when the gameplay is ass and feels all goddamned clunky.

The story and characters of FF13 is still shit though.
No amount of gameplay changes can fix that.