Smash Bros. Thread: Hotel Duck edition

Archive of the previous thread: archive.fo/sCkB7

Attached: Trailer_hotel_dusk_room_215_nintendo_ds.webm (256x172, 5.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

smashprojectganondorf.blogspot.ca/p/movesets.html
hooktube.com/watch?v=7i0PUCX7VEw
hooktube.com/watch?v=3sc95hOqu9E
hooktube.com/watch?v=RJvKEdyUiko
hooktube.com/watch?v=zI0Bcp-r_WM
twitter.com/TheTantalus/status/975759536610009088
supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Fanfare
nhentai.net/g/183711/
twitter.com/nintendovs/status/976790642314522624
archive.is/Vhwfi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: ray.jpg (1024x542, 56.55K)

WONDER RED EVERY THREAD

Attached: The Wonderful 001.webm (1280x720, 11.03M)

WONDER RED EVERY THREAD

Attached: Wonder Red.png (457x427, 331.27K)

that's the good shit

Your guide to your tastes:

PATRICIAN TIER
People who ask for balance in villain representation Masked Man, K. Rool, etc
People asking for other nintendo reps to get their deserved attention: Advanced Wars, Golden Sun, Custom Robo
Characters that would simply be a good addition to the roster gameplaywise
Third Parties that are iconic in gaming history and go well with Smash/nintendo
Wanting more content for both online and single player, with more customization for online and more crazy modes to play and enjoy the game.
Wanting characters that are secret like Mewtwo in Melee where the conditions are cryptic. Wanting the future DLC characters to not be stated how to get them and having fun figuring out how to get them by playing the game. They don't even tell you when an update happened.
Stages that are fun and balanced to play outside of "Final destination" version of the stage.
Wanting stages with easter eggs, love letter to fans, and cameos of other characters.

COOL TIER
People wanting characters that would be a good addition and good and nintendo related, representation of IPs aside
People wanting more Reps from already represented IPs, but the characters are cool.
3rd Rep of an already represented IP, but the character is a fan favorite that would shine gameplaywise
Wanting characters with unique movesets that bring something fresh (Polearm users, whip users, etc)
Third Parties that are iconic
Wanting a cool Story mode that has replay ability and challenge
Wanting something like Brawl's stickers or Smash 4's equipment parts for a single player experience that challenges you to use the equipment/stickers creatively to pass the stages.
Wanting a 1-4 player single player campaign like a fast paced Kirby Super Star, except actually fun, with bosses actually being enemies from Nintendo Ips and not OCs,
and not Floaty or boring like Brawl's SSE
Wanting Trophy Easter Eggs like in Melee

OK TIER
Nintendo IPs that have yet to be represented in Smash, their IP is nothing special but the character is cool
Third Parties that are ok, but could work
4th or above character of an already represented IP, but the character would shine gameplay wise
Characters that have slim chances to enter, but they'd fit right in
Wanting 2nd Character from Third Party Rep Guest that is a Veteran that is iconic
Wanting Adventure mode back

MEH TIER
Nintendo IPs that have yet to be represented in Smash, but their IP is whatever
People wanting more Reps from an already well represented IP
Yet another character of an already oversaturated IP (Fire Emblem, Pokemon) and they wouldn't really shine (yet another sword user)
Wanting gimmicky characters that are different, but doesn't mean it fits with smash, it's good, the meta, balanced or they're simply not fun to play/play against.
Semi-clones, but they're like Ryu to ken and their gameplay is completely different
Characters have slim chances to enter, but hey with Sakurai's touch they could work
Wanting 2nd Character from Third Party Rep Guest that is a Veteran
Wanting Subspace emissary back

DELLUSIONAL TIER

Anything that simply won't happen
Semi-Clones and clones gameplay wise.
Wanting more sword users that bring nothing new to the table
DEAD IN THE WATER IP that only hipster faggots care about and the character wouldn't even fit gameplaywise
Ridley
Goku or any retarded anime choice
Characters that simply won't happen due licencing issues
Anything from Pachinkonami (won't happen)
Wanting 2nd character from Third Party Rep Guest
Wanting stages that don't have ends on the sides where you can cheese the enemy by camping on the sides
Wanting meme stages with annoying hazards
Wanting an anime-tier single player storyline

Attached: Newcomer Tiers The pool so far.png (3212x1218, 1.73M)

I still dislike your list

I have been playing too much Project Gorgon since it came on beta and I forgot to add EA rep, doomguy, solaire, sora on that list. Someone please do it. They're characters that are always demanded on every thread.

>Characters I want to see as newcomers are Pious Augustus (Eternal Darkness), Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101), Saki or Isa (Sin & Punishment/S&P: Star Successor), Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk/Last Window), and Ray (Custom Robo)

Attached: 903cffc212cab0328b9f3b324ff4e4610316c9b25c1e5e5326f8e40e459f39c8.jpg (1600x1200, 592.81K)

Kyle Hyde will never happen user
You're in RIDLEY territories of dellusional.

Attached: 0e637455b30d3a5160405aed3bcd0b6820f6a35274dc6e3cc7860038e2f56785.jpg (669x696, 71.5K)

Goku will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 5
Between the bar for entry in Smash growing lower by the second and the Funimation Twitter account (albeit jokingly) requesting Nintendo to put him in, the evidence is becoming irrefutable

Almost I'm making a more realistic request than all the fags requesting **Phoenix Wright''.

And, I fucked up the spoiler.

Attached: [Facepalm].png (644x325, 304.56K)

As a decades-long fan of the series, if you think I won’t be sage bombing these threads from now until E3, you have another thing coming. What fucking purpose is there in having one right after another right now? Nothing you want will ever be in the games. You have absolutely no control over their choices. It’s going to be 10 more Fire Emblem characters and nothing else. The fuck do you think you are? They don’t care about you.

Attached: erm wat.png (248x107, 6.7K)

Attached: fucking_defeatist.mp4 (854x356, 4.47M)

You know, while this is total bait and I shouldn't be replying to it, I don't understand why people think Sakurai's going to put in a shitton of more FE characters when he stated in an interview that even he thought he was going overboard with how many FE reps there were in Sm4sh.
Though he'd better keep Roy in. Don't take my fucking boy out.

Marth, Roy, Ike.
The rest can get fucking lost.

Attached: what.gif (475x267, 4.99M)

I hope we get Wonder Slut too

Attached: pink2.jpg (1280x720 114.2 KB, 44.79K)

I wish they would get rid of moveset clones (or declone them).
I'd also like a melee-style adventure mode, with stages based off nintendo games instead of the genric areas we got in subspace emissary.

>>/suicide/

Mind refuting anything I said?

What if the game comes out extremely close to E3 and there's barely any info revealed?
What if the game is worse than Brawl?

Attached: wah.jpg (688x387, 148.1K)

Attached: stupid.jpg (289x425, 39.59K)

That would be pretty disappointing

That would be serious accomplishment.

It's ok user, everybody makes mistakes.

Attached: 6a12e08bf8c18599c37bef5eddc6d08d1cdbc0030be611f70b8629ac3f22eec4.jpg (1021x964, 90.65K)

Impossible

Worst case scenario: Just Brawl with an uglier color palette, no single-player modes, even more old fighters cut, and instead of having unlocking requirements for characters and stages you have to buy Amiibos in order to unlock them

Smash 5 will do what sakurai did with brawl to 4. He will recycle models and animations.
smash 5 will have copy pastes from some charcaters from smash 4
Perhaps some buffs here and there which would be great.
poor jigglypuff deserves some buffs

What if they choose Alucard instead of Simon Belmont?

What would his moveset be?

I would be fine with recyling & touching up models and animations are fine as long as the actual mechanics are changed.
No more of this slow ass floaty shit.
Back to fast & heavy.

Personally I wish Bowser would get some love, namely giving him his old school fireball projectiles instead of the firebreath stream. Would help differentiate him from Charizard a bit too.
Also if custom moves come back, giving him his SMB1 hammer throwing as an alt to his up-b would be cool too.

Also either finally give Ganondorf his own moveset, or add Ganon.

Attached: Ganon_Artwork_(A_Link_to_the_Past).png (256x224 468.12 KB, 1.61K)

Hopefully they give Bowser, DK, and Dedede their actual voices instead of the more animalistic sounds they had in Brawl/4

I wish they would redo ganondorf and give him a unique moveset instead of being a shitty clone of captain falcon.

OOT Ganondorf has just a fantastic potential for a cool moveset, but as long as Sakurai is making it, we are gonna have Slower Falcon forever.

There's so much you could do with him. A charging blast like his yellow ball he shoots in OOT, his cape could be a reflector, his b down could be his floor punch that causes little shockwaves. Maybe his b up could be a short timed hover. You could even throw his sword into the mix, or maybe his smash a moves use the sword. Or maybe calamity ganon could be mixed in somehow?

Yeah, you can tap b for a small ball throw, that can get thrown back by hitting it with a normal attack. Ganondorf normal A should be a bitch slap that comes pretty fast and allows i'm to bounce the ball back again, rather than the shove he has now.
Or holding the b button down he starts charguing up that bigass black magic ball.

Theres actually a mod called Project Ganondorf that allows him to switch between 3 different movesets by taunting.
One moveset is a magical moveset heavily inspired by OOT Ganondorf, including the energy ball attack & Shockwave slam, along with some Agahnim & Phantom Ganon moves thrown in.

smashprojectganondorf.blogspot.ca/p/movesets.html

Magic moveset demonstation starts at 4:40, forgot to get the time code.

The dissapointment you're gonna have is going to be fucking delicious.

NO LIP NO BUY

Attached: lippu.jpg (370x517 283.37 KB, 41.39K)

I like the concept but they should assign it like the special button

Attached: 2729fe3243acd9c11ec81678c5a941a36cbac72c12df6d8f7949c54bf334f637.gif (270x263, 3.91M)

Attached: [HorribleSubs]_Gamers!_-_11_[720p]0006.png (1280x720, 637.27K)

Attached: CnE5yTbXYAAsoPF.jpg (503x563, 24.6K)

People always make ridiculous theoretical write ups in these threads. Let me try, it looks fun.

I hate Sword fags too but thats not Goku's fault.

Captain Rainbow could work. His As are just his Yo-yo attacks. A fleshed out version of Ness's Yo-yo smash. Has a funky hit box where the actual Yo is the sweet spot but the string may do little nudges like Sheik's stupid ass ninja whip thing. The B moves though would be all characters he helped from his game. There by having more Nintendo characters “in the game” but with a fraction of the work. As one great business man once said, its better then nothing, maybe including even the fat version of Little Mac for extra laughs. So he works kind of like Captain Commando, but since speed and time limits are so import in his game, he should control and handle a lot like Captain Falcon, but a bit slower, and more health.

Attached: Link's wet dream.png (1280x720 882.54 KB, 1.66M)

IT'S RAYMAN'S TIME TO SHINE

Attached: raving.png (795x622, 402.83K)

Thats who they should put in the game, but I know who Ubisoft would actually end up sticking in there.

Attached: We want the minon crowd.jpg (1280x720, 102.56K)

Realistically, I feel like the Rabbids would be assist trophies. They don't have any moveset potential.
I mean I'd prefer them to not be in the game in any way, shape or form, but considering Mario and Rabbids Join XCOM, it's highly probable.

I'm as big of a metroid fan as there is, and ridley playable in smash is a retarded.

If they add anymore Metroid reps I want Anthony Higgs, he was the only remotely good part of Metroid Other M.

Nearly any of the prime hunters characters or the prime 3 hunters would work, but my top pick would be a generic space pirate grunt. I would say dark samus, but we all know that sakurai would take the lazy way out and make her a clone, even though her moveset should be completely unique.

rabbid multimen

Threadly reminder this is the Indie rep Smash needs.

Attached: 246.png (340x750 159.06 KB, 62.96K)

Considering Kirby is still hot and all, Galacta Knight may make it in or bandana dee, but that won't happen because he uses a spear and Sakurai fears spears because it would mean making Ganondorf not a clone

Samur Returns did great, the final battle looks like a smash stage to me and the Zeta metroid would be fitting. Proteus Ridley was excellent as well with a hell of a moveset.

We'll be getting decideueye, more mario reps (and not good ones), ARMS character or two, and probably 3-4 characters tied to incoming/recently released titles instead of characters to even out the staple 12

Attached: Proteus Ridley.png (660x600 142.44 KB, 117.54K)

There are no reps I want to get in this time, only reps I don't want to get in.

Attached: miami mutilator holding the miami mutilator.png (954x711, 307.62K)

Hey, decided to try Hotel Dusk out now, and I can't get Louis to appear outside the Main Office. I'm pretty fucking sure I checked EVERYTHING. What gives? What's the God damn trigger?

They wont use best Link's voice ether.

He was quite memorable.

Attached: The Legend of Zelda - The Animated Series (Episode 8)

If they even add an "indie" rep, it'll 100% be Shovel Knight. Not that I approve, but he's already got a foot in the door with his own amiiboo.

Also, Nicalis would probably claim any and all royalties for a Cave Story rep and I'd rather they get fucked and die.

I don't think that's how it works

I want these.

Edgeworth will be a playable character in smash or I won't buy it.

Attached: mili edgeworth.jpg (1280x720, 110.95K)

You're not gonna buy it

Make way faggots for the actual newest rep in smash.

It figuratively kills me that Wonder Red will never ever get a chance to Smash

Attached: pyra_reacts_to_reactions.jpg (1094x895, 102.75K)

Brawl is fine if you don't have autism

Attached: 1424555185734.png (136x151, 13.38K)

They pull a Kirby and switches to a hat or mask from X game, pre-set though. The Rabbids whole schtick is based around "lol randum" and screaming. They have a free pass for anything. They could just do a move per mini-game from one of their games. As far as "iconic" for them. I wouldn't know aside from them screaming and something exploding. Never played in of their games.

Nah, it totally does, you just have to time it right.

Attached: Zelda OoT bomb jump glitch.webm (480x360, 1.04M)

I never really played smash bros on a very serious level. Why do so many people hate it? I used to play it on the n64, was also very good at it. Link being my main, I was able to beat 2 Kirbys at the same time, 3 was possible too but not as easy as 2. I personally think that it's not so bad gameplay wise.

Attached: Ultimate Falcon Match.webm (292x240, 9.17M)

Attached: Yoshi Geckos.mp4 (889x500 1.85 MB, 6.47M)

Attached: Ultimater Falcon Match.webm (426x240, 14.67M)

Disgaea is going full nintendo.

Attached: DD2_Axel_Cut-In.png (400x1280 70.34 KB, 76.69K)

Various reasons (Differs from group to group), but everyone can agree that the autists who blindly defend the game and/or outright demand that the game be "officially considered a fighting game" are complete cancer.

tourneyfags

aMSa's Yoshi is the shit. Thanks for posting the webm.

Attached: SSB - Ultimater Falcon Match.webm (622x350, 11.52M)

I have no problem with competitive Smash as a concept, because since the game is designed so that you can set the rules to play however you want, there's no reason there shouldn't be some kind of competitive playstyle. I mean, why not? I have no problem with it being at EVO or any other major fighting game tournament either, as if stuff like Catherine and Puyo Puyo Tetris can get in via AnimEVO, why can't Smash?
My problems stem more from the the terrible community. Between the whole stinky day thing and that autistic motherfucker Armada dropping out of a tournament because he couldn't use the controller he brought (in other words, he dropped out because he couldn't cheat, and the entire community defended him for it), the Smash community (in particular the Melee community, the other games' fanbases have their own problems but my main gripes are with Melee players) is fucking horrendous. There are some exceptions (aMSa and Hungrybox come to mind) but for the most part the Melee community sucks.

Attached: 5-0.jpg (243x207, 4.13K)

This. Tourneyfags are so high on their own farts that they don't want their "e-sport" and the fighting genre to be "tainted" by a game full of family friendly characters because I guess video games are serious business. They try to discredit the franchise by outright denying it's a fighting series in anyway shape or form.

Also this, they're just as insufferable as the tournyfags.

Soiled it!

Bad list.

For an ARMS rep, why not have Dr Coyle? which I still think need a sequel to show it's not just a one off game and actually a franchise like Splatoon

MY B

Attached: press 5-0 if you feel bad for chillin.png (425x635, 286.45K)

Attached: Final Destination - Super Smash Bros- Melee.webm (1920x1080, 3.74M)

That's the gayest rap I have ever heard.

I think you talk a lot and it's about time for you to learn some respect.
hooktube.com/watch?v=7i0PUCX7VEw

I want Yoshi to be wool.
Could easily have the exact same moveset just different animations for the eggs and flutter

Attached: 516BMBkp6-L.jpg (360x490 34.27 KB, 274.72K)

b-but he can be good sometimes
:'^(
hooktube.com/watch?v=3sc95hOqu9E

Ok I'll admit this was really fucking cool and Chillin can be good sometimes, but he will forever be associated with getting bodied by Leffen. It's a simple fact. I'm sorry.
hooktube.com/watch?v=RJvKEdyUiko

Bar Wars 2 was one hell of a tournament for Chillin.
hooktube.com/watch?v=zI0Bcp-r_WM

God damn shame the company went bankrupt and the writer left the industry entirely. Wish i remember the company name, but from what i remember she writes mystery novels and shit now.

To top it off, an ace attorney on the switch has already been confirmed "in the pipeline". No idea if it's a new game though.

What evidence is there for this? So far not a SINGLE character in Smash has broken the sacred rule of "must be a video game character that has appeared on a Nintendo console" which has thus far proven to be ironclad. Even Cloud made an appearance on a Nintendo system before his inclusion in Smash.

Goku will NEVER be in Smash, because he is not a video game character. And if he does, he will be bottom tier. He will lose to Duck Hunt, Jigglypuff, and Dedede every time.

Attached: rosawatercolor.jpg (600x550, 144.7K)

what a shitty list, I crossed out everyone I disagreed with

Attached: Untitled.png (3212x1218, 1.96M)

FUCK YOU PHOENIX WRIGHT FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU ICHIGO KUROSAKI FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU NARUTO FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU BLACK MAGE FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU GERALT OF RIVIA FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU RAIDEN FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU KID FROM ATTACK ON TITAN FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU VOLTAIRE FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU ALADDIN FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU SAILOR MOON FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU TAILS MILES PROWLER FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU 2B FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU MICKEY MOUSE FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU TIFA LOCKHEART FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU PRINCESS KUMATORA FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU CLIFFY B FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU DORITO POPE FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU SPONGEBOB FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU PEWDIEPIE FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU OBAMA FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU HARRY POTTER FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU RONALD MCDONALD FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU KIM JUNG UN FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU TUROK FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU KIZUNA A.I. FOR SMASH
FUCK YOU

Help me put together a better one. Flaks, except for the first one, are placeholders. I also straightened the boxes out and made them a standard size.

Attached: 5087a22ec22ec4e3e5fc0836952205e6c43d5cd244b5064ccaf382ce45b774b2.png (2132x1060, 438.69K)

Attached: 1449528883290.jpg (614x572, 72.68K)

nice memes, and by "nice memes" I mean your list is already shit and I won't help you with it.

I hesitated with that one, but I think he's better as an item cameo.

Attached: flipthebirdedit.png (680x383, 671.88K)

Attached: Medic stare.png (540x300, 128.46K)

I feel special. It even has the bumps and bruises I forgot to take out at the base of the finger.
H-how's it going user?

Never say never. At one time, it was considered absolutely impossible for Sonic to ever appear on a Nintendo console. Not too long ago (alright, well maybe it was a long time ago), people thought that Final Fantasy would remain a Sony exclusive franchise. Times change, and sometimes shit gets fucked. I never thought I'd see Cloud, Sonic, or Solid Snake in smash, but those things happened.

Personally, I'd consider it poor taste to start adding in anime/non-Nintendo characters, but it's not out of the question, especially when you have a rabid fanbase who will autistically screech all over God's green internet until they get their way.

Attached: Robotnik Jim.gif (540x455, 416.26K)

The game with Mario basketball and volleyball sport games?
It should have been the Black Magician, that nigga mean business on Mario Sport Mix.

This looks like cancer
Let me help you out

Attached: AAHAHA FAGGOT.png (188x174 95.62 KB, 43.55K)

eggman is too big for smash, user.

HE

Attached: c2e.png (640x640, 373.33K)

FUCK YOU BIG THE CAT FOR SMASH

It's time to d-d-d-d…d-d-d-d-d-duel!
Hiro is dealled in.

Attached: 674433.png (494x627 3.15 KB, 58.51K)

No. Fuck you. This is not the same thing. You do not get to pull a "never say never" argument with shonen anime shit.

Sonic is a video game character. Cloud is a video game character. All of the third parties who appeared in Smash are video game characters. They all originate from video games. Smash is a celebration of video games.

Goku is NOT a video game character, and never will be. He has no place in a game that is basically a giant tribute to games. His presence undermines the very concept of Smash - being a manga character he conflicts with the idea of "video game celebration" as hard as possible. If he gets into Smash, it opens the floodgates for characters from all sorts of media getting into Smash, such as Spiderman, Darth Vader and Stewie Griffin, and the game will completely lose its identity.

Goku is never, EVER getting into Smash. You might as well be asking for Bill Murray to be a Smash character. It will not ever happen. I hope in time you'll realize what an idiot you've been.

Attached: DXNt6F8VMAICBiN.jpg large.jpg (433x650, 48.33K)

>>All third party characters should be removed

Make the Miis playable online, Soykurai Faggot.

Attached: Carl funniest moments.jpg (480x360, 22.41K)

Well, if I remember correctly, the whole reason Square gave Nintendo the finger and decided to develop for Sony was cause Nintendo opted for cartridges for the N64 and they needed optical discs to make the game they wanted, and so they partnered with Sony. Many people thought Square was forever destined to work with Sony after that, and it was years later before we saw another Final Fantasy on Nintendo hardware (I think it was Chrystal Chronicles on the GCN, which came out 7 years after FFVII or something like that)
I could take or leave any Final Fantasy character, honestly.

Nah, you're dumb. Goku may not have originally been created as a character in a video game, but he's been in numerous video games at this point. He's as much a video game character as Spider Man, Batman, or any other non-video game character who entered the realm of video games.
While I agree with this sentiment, I am merely pointing out that it's quite possible for Nintendo to consider non-Nintendo mascots at this point.
We'll see, I guess. Not like I give a shit, honestly. Whether he's in or not, it's not going to make the game any more or less better, is it?

I hate to be the fag that says 'never say never', but
never say never
every fucking time this happens a character of equally bad worth to the series gets added in
or even worse goku actually does get added in

Alright, you had me baited before, but then you got too greedy and the line snapped. Good try though.

Attached: 1c922e371dc38bc5a866678765c84bd8c0895126c911a570e04145e1bb14551a.jpg (642x694, 55.63K)

I understand you’re in denial, but I think you’re severely underestimating how much of a hack Masahiro Sakurai actually is.

Not an argument, kiddo.

Who came out with the meme of Shrek in Smash? I blame Shrekchan one last meme before BigDaddy.com absorbing the host

Attached: Bix Nood Shrek.jpg (500x375 69.05 KB, 179.46K)

That's what they said about Cloud. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Attached: 1463085411163.png (281x289, 26.34K)

Blasphemy.

Attached: Lanky God.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

It's-a Wario time

Wario Land Wario for Smash

Attached: wariostare.jpg (400x400, 18.69K)

Attached: Wario rage..jpg (936x853, 149.52K)

They need to hurry up and show Takamaru as an assist trophy again so I can stop getting my hopes up.
I just want a new Mysterious Murasame Castle game because the concept of the game has so much potential for a great over the top action game

Attached: 1407133835969.png (498x463, 231.94K)

We need a real Wario Land Wario rep where he gets set on fire and runs across the stage or something.

Fixed
Yes Awakening is shit but he was still fun to play in 4

Attached: Tni.png (48x48, 1.39K)

Memes aside, Lanky could be a really fun long range melee character. His grab could work similar to Samus and Link's grab, where his arms stretch out just for you similar to the hookshot and grapple beam.

>The community with the highest number of socially well-adjusted people is somehow the worse than the community of waifufags and overt weeaboos that literally buy amiibos. 64 is still the chillest game
Amazing, you managed to tell me you know nothing about competitive Smash in 2 sentences.

Attached: 1419729098279.png (318x516, 248.55K)

Goku technically has more of an argument in terms of "must be a video game character that has appeared on a Nintendo console" than cloud seeing as there are many DBZ games that have been on Nintendo systems
fucking retarded but still

tbh
doesn't seem wrong to me

Well we both agree that Communism is cancer, but also that what will sell is fucking shit too, really we need to find some way to get National Socialism for smash

Either stop or leave.

What game is that?

WONDER RED EVERY THREAD
RAY MK III FOR ALL TO SEE
BRING ON THE LIP OR GET HIT WITH GARBAGE BLOCK SHIT
MIKE .J, HIS SUBMARINE'S ON THE WAY
PAINT NEW ART SO VINCE CAN TAKE PART
SPRING MAN, YES HE CAN
RAISE THE BAR-RU WITH TAKUMARU
LET OUT A SCREAM FOR RIDLEY TO BE PART OF THE TEAM
KYLE HYDE, TAKING YOU ON A MYSTERY RIDE
CAPTAIN RAINBOW BRINGS THE COLOURS OF THE PAINBOW

Attached: HE's back again and about time too.png (1263x694, 318.7K)

Definitely worried that the roster will get more and more "trendy" and pick characters based on recent popularity and not on lasting popularity as time goes on or maybe I need to accept that I'm getting older and the young'uns taste in characters have completely shifted since the Wii era

Attached: 11473818.jpg (640x445, 66.53K)

Squids already have more lasting popularity than several of the characters in Smash 4.

It says "Card Hero" right there, nigga

I can see why: Waifu appeal.

Attached: 1431552179349.png (600x750 1.13 MB, 61.74K)

Smashfags are cancer.

No.

nigga they're only like 13 or 14

Attached: geno for smash never ever.png (951x534, 555.45K)

>>>/coal/

fuck that, bring it back and make it better. the arcade modes in smash 4 are boring as hell compared to melee's adventure mode or subspace.

Need more

Attached: 53976873_p11_master1200.jpg (600x720 127.25 KB, 83.47K)

I agree with this. Subspace Emissary had potential, but it was just poorly designed. I personally really liked Smash Tour, too, though.

I agree that he's a cool character but he's hardly fucking relevant anymore, dude hasn't appeared in a major role since 1996. It'd be cool if they at least acknwledged him as an assist trophy but making him his own character is a bit of a stretch.

Attached: DIRenxRUEAAgje1.jpg large.jpg (221x241, 6.73K)

Before they were added to Smash Bros, when was the last time Ice Climbers, Marth, ROB, or Duck Hunt Dog were relevant characters.
Really though assist trophys should be reserved for either:
A) Irrelevant characters, like generic enemys (Eg: Hammer Bros, Lakitu, Excitebikes, AW Infantry, Metroid)
B) Characters who have next to no way of being made into a smash character (Eg: Dr Kawashima, Andross Head, Mother Brain, _

Geno IS an irrelevant character. He's a secondary protagonist who doesn't even have his own series of games, and has only had one major role in the last 20 years.

Ice Climbers, ROB and Duck Hunt are NES/Famicom retro appeal characters who each were main stars of their own games. Geno, being a secondary character from a 22 year old RPG, isn't really worth as much as the characters who spearheaded a console launch.

Attached: siegheilboi.jpg (931x633, 45.18K)

I mean irrelevant as in just generic nameless characters.

Nameless characters and irrelevant characters are two separate things. Many of the playable characters in Smash are nameless, like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, but that doesn't make them irrelevant.

Okay shit, I need a better way to rephrase this.
Generic things that you see dozens of in their games and dont have their own individual character.
Shit like chain chomps, or lakitu, hammer bros, or a stalfos, like-likes, octorocks, metroids, the infantry & tanks from advance wars, and whatever the fuck else.
Those are the kinds of things that should be assist trophys.
Characters who actually have potential to have a moveset made up for them should not be assist trophies.

I know what you mean and I still disagree. The entire reason they make certain characters cameo as assist trophies is because they don't have the time or resources to spend making them full fledged characters but still want to include them in the game in some way.

They can and should include characters in this way. Obviously they're not going to be able to come up with movesets for dozens of characters who are only one-trick ponies like Midna, Tingle, or Kat & Ana. There are literally hundreds of characters they could pick from, that doesn't mean they're going to make movesets for all of them. Some of them should just be assist trophies.

Attached: splinter.jpg (389x343, 30.71K)

Attached: Newman's annoyance cannot be contained in a hard drive..jpg (500x499, 150.9K)

Are those fidget spinners?

Looks more like the pedo symbol to me

Ridley is at least the primary (secondary?) antagonist of a mainline primary Nintendo IP that has been represented from Smash 1 onward.

Metroid needs more representation, but the bosses are all fucking huge. I'd personally like Ridley, even if he were massive. Make it a tradeoff. Big range, crazy throw distance, long windups, can't dodge for shit.

I dont know why people even bring up size, when its completley irrelevant.

Pikachu is fucking giagantic compared to what he is in the actual pokemon games.
Same goes for Olimar and shit.
Fucking Bowser can be anywhere from the same height to 30 times bigger than Mario depending on the game.

The fact that Ridley is big (except in Metroid 1, where hes only slightly bigger than Samus) doesnt matter in the slightest.

Attached: pikachu height.png (801x377, 178.12K)

I think Sakurai said it was a problem.

Ridley's neck would be about two inches thick if he was scaled down that much

Twilight Princess Ganon, the one in Brawl and 3ds/U should be so tall, Link could suck the gerudo kang's dick while both stand straight without any problem. If anyone's too retarded to comprehend this, what I mean is TP Link's head roughly reaches his crotch when standing. But it's not really a problem because Ganon doesn't look stupid scaled down. Ridley has lanky limbs so he would.

that's why COOL tier is exactly what you said user. Subspace Emissary but better

I hope they add Geno

Octoling will probably be alternate skin

Gamers was a SHIT anime and I'm disgusted people watched that shit

Attached: 10xhgTU.mp4 (478x268, 2.55M)

I miss vgcw
I mean yeah wvgcw and bwa are still around but it isn’t the same

I want Geno in smash
just so Yoko Shimomura can remaster her fucking masterpiece of a soundtrack for smash

Attached: Get Out 4.jpg (359x359, 14.67K)

Literally nobody here wants shovel knight you stupid fuck
That simon belmont was a good touch though, I 100% agree on that.

Good idea

Attached: 5087a22ec22ec4e3e5fc0836952205e6c43d5cd244b5064ccaf382ce45b774b2.png (3212x1218, 2.05M)

I forgot to cross out ridley too

Attached: 70a3b3a577a2117f061ac565256dbcbd846c572bc208c34bcc8e8a37b0233a5a.png (738x777, 230.87K)

NORMALFAGS BEGONE

Attached: fixed.jpg (3212x1218, 561.16K)

Mii Fighter Costume

Attached: 33defb9fd811db9d11457dbd31….gif (220x236, 304.65K)

Next level.

Attached: dededesmug.jpg (325x330, 25.6K)

Attached: 1454195269002-1.jpg (1500x1500, 147.11K)

no u

Attached: GENESIS KILL URSELF MY MAN.jpg (574x463, 85.83K)

Attached: [HorribleSubs]_Gamers!_-_10_[720p]0004.png (1280x720, 796.38K)

They will bring back Ice Climbers in smash, and then make a new Ice Climbers game for Switch.

Sakurai welshed on including Ridley as playable because he wasn't an anime fighter with a sword and he couldn't just copy paste a skeleton for the dozenth time.

yeah, size is fucking insane compared to the legit series each character is from

Attached: Ridley points.jpg (1596x3650, 2.1M)

Attached: a8a4eb8a7690b2c50fbf164bdeb07e7686142178effe53353e67b8aa9f55c5be.png (664x645, 118.22K)

Hey, after year after year of saying the same shit over and over again, you better believe that spreadsheets were made

Attached: olimar kirby.jpg (693x649, 83.23K)

I can't tell whether I love or hate Mark. He's such a massive faggot in all the good and bad ways.

Attached: misogyterrorist with a weapon of ass destruction.jpg (2448x3264, 1.87M)

Are we gonna get a pregnant zero suit Samus?

no, but mods will fix it :^)

>>>Holla Forums1219544

You all ready for the Smash Brothers movie?

Attached: 0330400734356b6123441a416b69b901cbbaaf03465ae14aede1de588aad3b07[1].png (2668x2412, 535.72K)

Attached: Leaked footage of Sakurai restarting the hype train.webm (1920x1080, 7.72M)

Hear me out.
Young Link with Majora's Mask transformation attacks.
Ganon and Ganondorf as separate characters.
Toon Link but with Ezlo and a unique moveset.
Tingle.

Attached: Young Link.jpg (717x644 229.56 KB, 93.44K)

Best character coming through

Attached: laboman4smash httpst.conErBUaBkEY.mp4 (1280x720, 1.52M)

If you're a soyboy.

Attached: 0243e402d7af369503534b28b3ab65b494bb8b5931ffbec441a3b5f09ab135d8.jpg (1024x682, 70.06K)

You know, a character like that would actually fit Smash just to promote Labo and be wacky as fuck. That's very Nintendo.

I actually want Laboman now. He'd be the weird hardware character and imagine the fucking genderbender porn. Either that or Snip and Clip from Snipperclips.

If you don't like it fuck off you jew cunt.

Looks like you're the kike here.

Attached: jewishmario.webm (640x360, 10.39M)

Ridley's primary issue is not actually his size. Super Metroid, his most popular outing, he isn't that big at all compared to how he is portrayed in some later games (Like Zero Mission and Fusion), a little bit more then Twice Samus' height, which is similar to how Bowser is potrayed in many of his fights compared to Mario. Omega Ridley (second fight in the levianthan seed) and his actual Other M model in-game in the fight on the Pyrosphere also isn't that outlandish. Ridley's body in Metroid Prime 1 also is pretty small all things considered.

Even more, his size in the actual Metroid games is far from consistent, and it seems like he even changes size within the same game. The most egregious example is Metroid Prime 3. As I said earlier, the fight with Omega Ridley in the Levianthan Seed, which is the second and last time you fight him the game, he's not that big. But the first fight with Omega Ridley in the Elevator Shaft at Norion? He's fucking HUGE and it's jarring compared to his later appearance when you fight him in a crowded arena. Other M also does this to a lesser extent, Ridley as he appears in the infamous cutscene before you fight him is a little larger then he actually appears in the fight. Ridley's size changes to whatever the devs find convenient for what ever fight they want from him.

The ACTUAL issue with Ridley would be his wing span and tail. This would likely be a bitch to properly program so it doesn't get all over the place and cause incredible hitbox issues. or clip through everything. Metroid Prime 1 Ridley has a pretty small body, but the bulk of his size comes from how wide his wings outstretch and long his tail is, probably the biggest in all the series. You could possibly fix this by having his wings mostly folded up while he's on the ground, but I have no idea how they would go about fixing the tail, his most iconic portion of his body and would likely be what many of his attacks are based on.

Attached: 75a.jpg (1703x872, 407.98K)

twitter.com/TheTantalus/status/975759536610009088
Say hello to the new
Meme of the week

Attached: 8BAED2D6-8DAC-46C2-9469-862259E03A91.png (618x580, 269.57K)

Curl around the body, so that it is at his side, tip pointing in the direction he is facing, rather than just being outwards behind him

They'd better fucking bring back Break The Targets. I will never forgive Bamco for replacing a fun timed obstacle course with fucking Angry Birds.

So from a competitive prospective he'd basically have Mewtwo's hitbox problems times 1000.

that would look awkward and physics-defying as fuck.

Let's face the fact that the only reason you guys even want Ridley in is because it's a fucking meme. What the hell does Ridley bring to the table that Bowser or Charizard does not? Maybe if he had some fucking personality in the actual games you could make the argument for him being a viable addition but he doesn't. Fucking Kamek would be a better addition than him.

No seriously, I would rather have Kamek in Smash than Ridley. Actually I'd kind of like that a lot; Kamek is always ignored both by the fans and Nintendo, but he was basically Bowser's father figure, and I wish that people would actually acknowledge that every once in a while.

I want Ridley in because he's cool and it's ridiculous to see other franchise like Fire Emblem get more characters than they deserve while Metroid has only Samus. To be honest, it should only be Marth as he is the only iconic Fire Emblem character but that's due to the first game getting remade like 2 times. Ridley is just as iconic as Samus. But if we're talking villains I'd want King K. Rool first.
What the fuck would he do? He just sprays magic shit. Ridley actually has variation in his attacks. Also
This post better be bait.

Attached: 2a6499022e357cb42b1cf499b4d5ce3dbd51f8e9e66bab8f957197f594ee8e48.jpg (627x477, 106.33K)

Regarding Fire Emblem, I want Ike to turn in to an Axe user, and an iconic Spear user (I'd like Titania but she's not an MC and the Radiance games are already represented and she mains axe not lance), so that the weapon triangle is properly represented in Smash, instead of just having all sword using fucking MCs which is boring as shit.

Attached: Titania_Damaged.png (1684x1920, 2.69M)

Ephraim is the first spear user that comes to mind. His crit animation also makes me cum everytime.

Attached: EphraimCrit.gif (480x320, 345.59K)

If the desire for Ridley is just because you want more Metroid representation, I guess that's fair. Ridley and Samus are basically the only characters that are consistent throughout the entire series, so I guess that you kind of have to go with Ridley if you want to do that. Although if you want to talk about Metroid characters that actually have some fucking character, I'd recommend the Prime 3 bounty hunters. But the fact that they only appeared in Prime 3 and nowhere else and they fucking died kind of puts a damper on that.

Come to think of it, Samus's solitary nature is probably why she kind of got neglected by Nintendo for so long. Hard to make spinoff games when you only have one real character.

Yes! Ephraim is perfect.
Keep the secondary characters as alt skins. Lucina for Marth, Titania for Ike, etc.

My nigga.
Honestly wouldn't mind seeing more of the kongs too.

What about an actual Space Pirate for Metroid representation? They're weird insect-looking fuckers, they have charge beam attacks, claws for slashing, and they could summon Ridley as an assist for their ult which would give Ridley the representation people want while also rubbing the salt in because he's still not playable.

Attached: samus and peach.jpg (1005x793, 307.64K)

I'd prefer fucking Ridley over that.

I think the weird thing about Smash 5 is that it has the shortest span of time between sequels since 64-SSBM. Apart from the (2015) Splatoon's Inklings how many "new" good selling series (between Smash 4 DLC ending and Smash 5 possible 2016 dev start) can even get in?
Either the starting roster is going to get filled up with either:

BEGONE FURFAGS

Attached: 54ec94258023807f2e1e8d9ac86188dd65687bb80ae953675dc2b5082363cb99.jpg (555x415, 34.38K)

Don't be sorry for that faggot, he talked the talk but couldn´t walk the walk.

They've always treated spear-users as second-class citizens in fire emblem games. The basic spear-using class, soldiers, is usually enemy-only or otherwise marginalized. I guess they only think swords are heroic, and that if you use a spear you should me mounted to make up for using such a pedantic weapon.

My main desire for Smash Bros as a whole is iconic/classic characters. I'm tired of seeing contemporary or recent characters like Greninja, Rosalina, Corrin, etc. But I guess it's because I've always seen Smash Bros as a celebration/representation of Nintendo's history. As much as I like the bounty hunters, I'd want to see them in other games before I have the confidence to say they're not a one-off character before becoming irrelevant again. Dark Matter would be awesome as unlikely as he is, but I see him as iconic, having appearing in 3 Kirby games and being referenced in about every other.

Attached: Dark Matter.png (553x541, 189.44K)

It's good, but Lyn's is still the best. If only I could find it in 60 fps…

Attached: Lyn crit.gif (480x320, 373.13K)

It's flashy sure, but it doesn't catch me off guard and happen as fast as Ephraim's. Lyn crits often enough that it doesn't surprise me when she does. And when I get caught up in the motions of the game, sometimes I'll mistake his crit animation for the beginning of his basic attack only to have that extra "oomph" hit me with pure fucking hype. Ephraim as a character in general is fucking hype. I wish there were more FE games set on Magvel, more direct sequels would be nice. It's shame as some Lords really deserve another game or at least a better one.

Attached: hypeboy.gif (200x200, 14.54K)

Specifically the lobster-handed ones from the 2d games would be cool, but it'd be weird for them to be on the roster since they'd be the only character that's just a common mook among main characters. I mean, you wouldn't add a koopa troopa to the roster, would you?

Add Goemon, Excitebiker, and King K. Rool and you're list is pretty similar to mine.

Attached: Excitebiker.png (1280x1468 64.17 KB, 1.44M)

I'd say that Ephraim's crits are flashier than Lyn's. The spins are cool and flow well and such, but they don't pack the sheer "gloves are off, now I destroy you" sense of power that Lyn's crit has. When you see that afterimage-draw part it's just a major "shit is about to get real" moment, and when you see the five ready-to-strike Lyns at once there's just an overwhelming sense of "this guy is straight fucked".

Yeah, since Lyn crits so much it does get old much faster than Ephraim, but if you just compare the two side by side with fresh eyes, Lyn wins every time IMO.

If Phoenix Wright can work in UMvC3, he can work in Smash.

Also after writing my list I wanted to say a few things.
I really am already set and ready to go.
The characters that I have been yearning for for every smash since I was a child (Mega Man, Little Mac) are already in. I don't have any good reason to believe either would be cut. The only major character I really wanted after those two were inklings, who I still feel got conned out of smash 4 but now I am set and ready to go.
Hell, even Bayonetta got in that makes me exstatic. Dont think they will cut her either with BAYO 3 coming out and her bordering on 'Nintendo Princess' now.

A lot of characters I really want in but have mentally accepted their chances as very, very, low. If I had to say any 'next' character I want, it would be Paper Mario for 1st party and Shovel Knight for 3rd party (I just want an Indie rep mostly)

That being said, this smash seems a lot more 'standoffish' than the rest.
After the likes of Ryu and fucking Cloud last game, along with me personally feeling like most of my wants have been given to me, it really does feel like fucking anyones game at this point. I would have called you a retard for betting on Dovakiin in smash 4 but now its a (bit frightening) possibility in a way, albeit a very low one.
If its a smash game they gotta add a good handful of characters (and chances are they will milk some DLC a bit after that) so its going to be really exciting to see how this pans out.

I cant believe I forgot excitebiker! I actually was hoping on him in smash 4, I think he would be a riot and a good place to fill this games 'retro' spot that game and watch, duck hunt, and R.O.B. filled.
He would be lovely and I think he has a good chance because didnt sakurai debate adding him way back in melee?
Also K.Rool was on my list, he just shared a spot with Dixie (I just want a new DK rep in general, and feel Dixie is most deserving and likely)

Kyle hyde has had barely any games (dont get me wrong, thats a shame). Then theres the localization problems that happened with his games.
He has a very specific art style that would be tough to capture, then theres also the fact that a moveset for him is something you would have to REALLY stretch for.
Whereas Phoenix Wright is a gaming icon (not a major one, but a notable and popular one), and has already had his games translated into a fighting moveset once before.

I wish Rare didn't get bought out. I would've loved to see Battletoads or Banjo Kazooie. But, there's still some small chance it's possible. They're not really as iconic, but I still feel they played a big role in Nintendo's history. I'm not too fond of the Inklings because they're too new for me.

Attached: Rash.jpg (369x369, 24.85K)

God, kill yourself. What, are you gonna ask for koopa troopas next?

Attached: 6fef054f10dcfc6bc970cb2b48598447daaa391a35364b6b6f001f2908e3ca29.jpg (480x456, 21.15K)

The absolute state of Holla Forums, he even had his own shitty smash rip-off game that was shit, mostly shit

Dude, putting the Battletoads into Smash would fucking rule. Banjo will probably get in over them, if any Rare IP gets put in, which is a damn shame.

I feel you man. Banjo-Kazooie would have been perfect and the Battletoads would have been right at home as well (Granted I think it would be best if they were alt skins of each other)
I know head of microsoft said he is willing to but in my heart-of-hearts I dont think its gonna happen.

Inklings are more of a love at first sight for me. Playing the demo for splatoon 1 gave me a level of true fun I haven't felt playing a video game in ages. It got me right during a rut and when a game catched me there and pulls me out it usually has a good place in my heart.
And with how popular the inklings were I thought they deserved a shot. Main reason I was so angry about their exclusion was because soccer guy pulled the same 'they are too new' excuse, which could have been fine on their own (and is honestly the same reason I am not pining for an ARMS rep too much) but then he went around and put corrin in smash before her game was even out. We got another dime-a-dozen FE rep when a new creative IP was just sitting there.

Ah, calling me out on my own idiocies. Thank you user. What a fool I once was.
Viewiful Joe would be a lovely and fitting edition to smash. Granted, his series is in that grey area of 'too new to be retro but too old to be new', and he was on both the PS2 and XBOX as well, with no favoritism towards ninty. so thats not looking good for him on the 'relevancy' scale.
What we really need is just a new viewtiful joe game in general I mean come on put my main man back on camera.

Viewtiful Joe is in the pic at the very top of this thread, you spastic fuck. Good to know you didn't even bother to read the thread at all.

Nigga wut? No he isn't, thats the dude from Wonderful 101

Pretty sure that's the red power ranger.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1280x1281, 1.22M)

God fucking save us should that happen.

Attached: bcacec4510ef361e67dece86c6d7ea2a87f41f207f555fecbf12ec9ccac478d3.png (674x666, 239.88K)

No, I'm trying to think of a named Space Pirate but the only one I can think of is the Omega Pirate from Prime 1. Maybe they could make a meme pirate, something like TR8R from The Force Awakens.

I would love Viewtiful Joe, his first game is my favorite Capcom game by far, but Capcom didn't even see him as fit for inclusion into the disastrous flop that was Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. I don't see him getting in as Capcom's third representative, assuming Megaman and Ryu are returning. Especially with his series having been pretty much dead on arrival after the first game. If they were to give Smash a third character, it would probably be Monster Hunter related.

Beyond that, I don't see how you can incorporate his abilities, because they're oriented around taking control of the flow of time or the camera positioning, which is thoroughly disruptive to the chaos of a Smash match.

There's Weavel, but most people don't care about Hunters

The wingspan isn't much of an issue, neither is the tail as it tends to be extendable. His larger wingspan was actually done in Prime, but all 2D outings they have been disproportionately small.

See
They are usually small as shit for his frame. As for his tail, just emphasize how it's extendable or have it arch over his back like a scorpion stinger, and when he's at rest, he usually sits like a dog, further shrinking his stance.

Attached: Sir we have successfully pirated ALL the games. They are shit.webm (820x433 838.48 KB, 2.27M)

Bayonetta's witch time counter works as the time-manipulation only works on the character she manipulated. Joe could feasibly work if his special attacks had a small zone in influence

Cool. Good to know there's a model for how Slow-mo (or theoretically fast forward) would be implemented. I tuned out for the second wave of DLC because none of the characters appealed to me even an iota (and Bayo and Cloud looked gamebreakingly OP), so I didn't pay much attention to it. Come to think of it, Luigi's final smash also presents a version of the same kind of concept although it would have to be scaled down from that for balance purposes.

Still don't think Viewtiful Joe is plausible unless Nintendo gets bizarrely nostalgic for the Capcom 5, but it would be neat.

The next SSB will be designed to be played primarily offline with single joycons, to really sell the "self-contained portable party game" aspect of the Switch.

Attached: 00a.png (910x778, 484.11K)

Shouldn't that be of little consequence since a joycon has 6 buttons, and Smash only relies on 5 buttons (Unless you want to taunt).

Quote would be cool, Curly could be a costume for him.

Nigger, the single sideways wii mote on Brawl worked, and that only has 3 easily accessible buttons

Because thy moved the jump button to "Up" on the D-pad.

Which is standard on most fighting games and is the default setting on all control schemes in the game

It clearly will be able to but if they can get Brawl to work on a single Wii Mote then adding more buttons and a stick instead of a D-Pad should be fine
Its not like the other controller schemes are going to be hindered by this. Like the last few smash games, theres going to be a million controller set ups probably and each one is gonna work fine on its own.

but the joycons have analogues so it should work fine.

Here you go user.
I added a few likely to happen and not shit characters to the list.
All because you mentioned Sora

Attached: Newcomer_Tiers_The_pool_so_far updated a bit.png (3212x1218, 2.16M)

I dont get the Sora Hype.
Maybe its because he is so closely tied to Disney, but its just weird for me. I feel like adding him is one step further out of smashes vaugley defined character borders. Surpassing the limits even Cloud already extended.

We all know Nephenee is the best spear user user

Attached: neph.jpg (1400x1600, 720.94K)

I want Lyn
I don’t give a shit if she’s another FE rep, she should’ve been playable from the start

>characters from a non action game such as fucking Duck Hunt even made it in smash but sora apparently doesnt even count somehow
I don't even want to guess whats the deal with game and watch.
Ignorace is bliss but also form of retardation too.

Attached: 81tlMGwpGVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (500x500 12.9 KB, 61.06K)

Spears are for queers user. You think you need them but you actually don't. But you can do anything!
Did you buy my game on Switch yet? You can tell it's a faithful port because all the glitches are intact!

Attached: n35.jpg (1200x1800, 245.68K)

I don't want Sora in because I think that KH is dumb as fuck, but I do agree that if they were going to have a Final Fantasy representative, they should have had one from a game that was on a Nintendo system. And from a better FF game.

I want this to happen

Attached: Best FF.png (366x900, 317.04K)

Attached: ROBboss.png (500x574 319.04 KB, 59.28K)

Attached: 104381_front.jpg (640x721 89.41 KB, 270.29K)

He was in Final Fantasy Explorers on 3DS
You know how I know you're underaged b&? Metal Gear did not begin with Solid on Playstation, fuck knuckle.
Games made by Hip Tanaka and Gunpei Yokoi you disrespectful little shit, with a sequel being made by Sakurai, and being in the awesome Captain N cartoon.
Every one of those characters is iconic. Sora is not. Deal with it. He's a dumb character from a shit franchise built on Yidney retardedness and Nomura's autism. Nomura who, let's face it, has never made a decent game in his life.
Because Nintendo is funny and retarded and gives you shit you didn't know you wanted. Those characters ended up being different and fun. Sora would just be another sword wielding faggot and there are enough of those from better, more popular franchises.

Attached: faggotree.jpg (255x255, 24.21K)

All of those characters have been around since the 80s. With the exception of Sonic, all have had main entries to the series on home consoles (NES or SNES). Sora was created in 2002 for PS2, and all of his games are fucking terrible.
Cloud was a shitty addition, but so are most of the Fire Emblem characters and Bayonetta. The roster is a fucking advertisement at this point

Attached: 65813_front.jpg (640x578 121.26 KB, 60.23K)

Let's face it, Cloud got in by the sheer power of fangirls and the desire for a Final Fantasy rep, and as the most well-known (I wouldn't say best or most iconic, although I guess the latter is debatable), he was the obvious choice for FF representation in Smash.

While I'd argue Sora has probably made it to icon status now. All the other points stand, but their is ONE major factor against him no one else has mentioned. Square DOES NOT own Sora! Sora is wholly owned by Disney in fact. It was part of the deal when Kingdom Hearts was first made. All the OC characters are Disney characters.

I'd hazard to say that included pressure from squeenix, though they would've probably pushed for Lightning

If they added Sora, you would be defending it in this instant

Attached: horror.webm (640x360, 3.82M)

Any and ALL third-party character shouldn't be in Smash.

No, because I'm cognisant enough to realise I'm basing my opinion on nostalgia. I grew up with an NES and the Captain N cartoon (and the Super Mario Super Show with the Zelda cartoon), so even though I know it's bad I still like it.
I did not grow up with Kingdom Hearts, so I know both that it is bad and that I don't like it. It should fuck off and stay gone.

I'm getting a lot of (you)s for pissing anons off again for sensible reasons. You fags are always mad because in most ways im pretty much right. I'm feeling pretty smug right now.

user did I hurt your feelings? Most of your argument is based off of pathos, which is a lefty cuck's way of arguing.
I played a bit of that game and apparently you can just transform into different characters from different FF games temporarily
Was Pit or Mr. Game & Watch iconic? Are 80% of the characters anons are suggesting in this thread iconic? What makes Sora any less valid than what a bunch of other anons are suggesting?
You can say that about any game that ever came out.
Yeah thats true, I love both Rob and Duck Hunt to death, but it doesn't change the fact that I want Sora too.

Thats your personal opinion, its not an argument.
Its always has been since the first game.
Hell roy was an advertisement for his game, he was in melee before his own game even came out.

Attached: 1382583110867.jpg (480x395, 17.16K)

By that logic SMTIII is a Devil May Cry game

Attached: 17a8d9c4e71c0b68c3fd047f2d605f8345023ed4ae4f48b21bee56b839e21316.jpg (680x422, 46.84K)

Then why did you even mention that shitshow?

Mr Game and Watch is literally one of the first Nintendo characters to ever exist, and Pit got a new game produced by Mashpotato Samurai, who also produced Brawl, AND is also an old classic Nintendo character, so that's the reason they're in SSB
Sora by comparison is a character who doesn't come from a relatively old franchise and is owned by Current Year Disney, and we all know how Current year Disney is.
Although if Disney ever decides to put a character in Smash it'd probably be Sora or Mickey.
>Rallen or any Spectrobes rep never ever

It works fine for Charizard.

Attached: fiddlemeriddle.png (3000x871, 1.01M)

Sora is a fucking Disney princess. Only one Square character deserves a spot in Smash and that is Sabin. I am not wrong this is the only correct answer,

Attached: Mother fucking Sabin.gif (600x720 232.03 KB, 32.73K)

In the current year, it would be Rey from Star Wars.

I think Cecil would be a good Final Fantasy rep. His game came out in America and Japan, he's a named character, he's the clear concise protagonist of his game, he's part of an iconic class, he's both Light and Dark, etc. However the problems I see is that he'd be another "anime swordsman" and FF4 isn't as iconic as FF6 or FF1 as far as Nintendo Final Fantasies go.

Attached: Cecil.png (392x466, 210K)

Man I was just stating my opinion I didnt mean to step on your toes.
Cloud I viewed more as a final fantasy rep than cloud himself. FF has strong ties with Nintendo, and Cloud is, no other way to put it, the most identifiable FF character. I do think Black Mage should have gotten in instead but it is what it is.
and again, my main gripe and unsettled ground with sora is just how tied in he is with Disney. He feels weird because he never felt like a full video game character to me, but rather a disney game character. I just feel adding him in is a lot closer to adding in an actual cartoon character.

all the other characters you were talking about had a lot more reasons. Pit was the 'obscure classic ninty' rep, like game and watch, ice climbers, and others were. same for duck hunt.
R.O.B. is massively important to Nintendo history and was a video game character before, prior to smash.
and I feel putting sora on the same level as Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac Man is wildly out of base

asuka in smash never ever
especially not if pyra makes it into smash

Attached: asuka.png (550x831, 84.4K)

Do the mobile versions scrap Blitz input?

I'd shit my pants if it happened.

I imagine the salt that would generate would be fucking immeasurable
Plus it would turn Holla Forums into Senran Kagura central again which I would not mind at all
I endorse this

Attached: Kirby headphones.gif (500x609, 392.32K)

Attached: Victory! Mother - Super Smash Bros. Brawl.webm (1280x720, 407.22K)

While there is 0% chance that Sans will actually be in Smash (although if he was, the hater salt would be hilarious. But not worth the fanboy cringe that would also result), if he was, his victory theme would draw from ``Song That Might Play When You Fight Sans`` or ``sans.`` not ``Megalovania``. ``Megalovania` isn't really his theme, it's just the Genocide final boss theme. There's a difference.

goddammit the italics didn't work. is this how you do it, shit

I'm certain that several victory themes in the actual game aren't characters' themes by your reasoning.
supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Fanfare
For example, Samus' victory theme is the suit upgrade jingle, but there is literally a "Theme of Samus" in Metroid games and it's completely different.
Every Pokémon character has the same victory theme (What would Pikachu's theme even be? Viridian Forest?), Bowser's victory theme is a remix of Mario's, and Ganondorf's victory theme is exactly the same as Link's.

I always thought the themes were based on the franchise the character was from, like the little emblem behind their damage percentage, rather than the character.

For the most part it is, but a few characters got special treatment.

-Bowser & Bowser Jr get a remixed version of the Mario victory theme, despite sharing the same emblem as the rest of Mario characters.

-Rosalina gets a unique theme of her own, despite sharing the same emblem as the rest of the Mario characters.

-Metaknight gets a remixed version of the Kirby Victory theme, despite sharing the same emblem as the rest of the Kirby
characters.

-Dark Pit gets a unique theme of his own, despite sharing the emblem with the other KI characters.

Here's the other problem: Unless Sakurai relies on XSEED to translate her sections and I don't see Sakurai utilizing them for the rest of the game there's absolutely no way for her to make it in completely unscathed, especially not with fucking Treehouse involved.

Probably not for the main roster, but very likely for DLC, especially if the Smash Ballot returns. If it does, you bet your ass the fanbase will try to rally and get any Undertale character in Smash. Japanese gamers in particular really like this game, apparently; dunno if they want a character from it in Smash but never underestimate their autism. That being said, they'll probably rally to get a Dragon Quest rep in since it is their biggest vidya.

It's not like Asuka is a particularly lewd character, as a matter of fact she's rather pure.
The main reason we'll never get her is that Nintendo wouldn't dare acknowledge a series like SK in Smash.

'possible' MAYBE but 'very likely'? hell no.

The main wave of undertalefags is gone. They may have flooded everything a couple months after their games release, but its been way too long, theres no way they would care enough.

Yeah, you're right on that. We're probably safe. I'm still not getting my hopes up.

Undertalefags might be mostly gone, but you bet your ass people are gonna request Sans not because they actually want him in but because LOL IRONIC EPIC XDDDD and then they’ll get angry once he’s actually confirmed

Sakurai gets off to the EXTRA THICC mods found on Gamebanana

You can easily own his ass with Mario.

What if they add the Remember Me guy?

That requires skill, user.

Yes, we fucking get it, Sorafag, you want your gay Disney fanfic OC in the game. Shut the fuck up already.

Attached: december_artwork___palutena__2014_complete__by_jadenkaiba-d8bmpyg.png (729x1000, 1.02M)

Even if Undertale content gets into Smash, the very most I expect it to be is a trophy acknowledgement, like Commander Video and Rayman's trophies in SSB4.

I think even with the hyper autistic fanbase there is no chance in hell that we see a playable UT character in Smash, as there is WAY too much development and marketing stuff to consider for a playable character and there are much bigger and more historic franchises they could put in over Undertale. If it does happen though, and Sans becomes playable, I will chuck my Switch into a dumpster and set it on fire.

Attached: 0a37eda09b5941cba68aa6ecbb324e7d.jpg (734x800, 550.12K)

why is the Zero Suit the best bodysuit ever designed?

Attached: 11.png (958x1082 562.59 KB, 810.89K)

because it follows the trend of Science Fiction and really stupid looking, yet practical jump suits. Efficiency is the most important thing in the future user.

Attached: buckRogers.jpg (800x952 65.35 KB, 72.04K)

Because it has one the finest Aryan women in it.

Samus is a mongrel though.

????

Personally I prefer her Fusion look

Attached: d2c718deadfa68284e2b456657a8bbe6.png (600x900, 758.68K)

I just had a lot of fun with his mechanically varied games thats all.
The fact that he could pull off all sorts of cool shit throughout his games made him a top candidate for me.
I doubt that he'll be added in anyways because disney is so garbage nowadays.
If against all odds hes added in anyways I'll laugh at a26a9b and ab261e and the rest of the naysayers for getting their expectations cucked so hard.

Whatever you say user.

Attached: DRb2cc-W0AAu2x0.jpg (961x1024, 84.65K)

She didn't get those from birth though. She got one from a weird magical life saving tranfusion, and the other from crazy space adventure super sci-fi craziness.

Surely those can be purged with regular infusions of human DNA

Attached: 20.png (1646x1504 1.7 MB, 1.39M)

Just because you weren't born a mongrel doesn't mean you can't become one.

She is. I don't have a problem with it, though.

S-so what do you think Samus's bodily smells are like haha I mean do they smell sweet or probably gross mmmm heh

Attached: BoFEckPIAAAd8lF.jpg orig.jpg (626x885, 56.05K)

So how do you feel about her most likely love interest being a gay nigger from outer space?

Attached: Anthony_Higgs.jpg (450x120 805.44 KB, 651.6K)

REMEMBER ME is one of my favorite memes and it never got as big as it should have.

Attached: 45.png (563x341, 95.25K)

I desire a source for that picture

I honestly be fine with Samus being friends with him and have him teasing her often. At least that way Samus would've become more fleshed out instead of a plank of wood with daddy issues.

I really liked female robin. I hope she returns.

Attached: Happy cute strawberry cat painting.png (408x408, 286.41K)

Got ya covered.
nhentai.net/g/183711/

Why are you against this user?

What a waste of good talent. Thanks anyway, user.

Attached: 9134ccd93e00834c89eb163bd32b9ac8c89401597c7e26c871f32032a049ae2c.png (861x877, 498.27K)

No prob, always happy to share smut. It's not my cup of tea either, bit it's a treasure trove of reaction images.

Attached: 11.png (886x349, 123.51K)

No kidding

Attached: The Brony Agenda.PNG (401x236, 39.84K)

Yes, we're all just admiring the practicality and efficiency.
Nothing sexist about it if both women and men wear it!

Attached: ducati.jpg (1100x1100, 1.6M)

None at all. As long as its human.

Attached: BigBoss.gif (242x315 27.79 KB, 110.98K)

How would the fanbase react if Fox had a zero-suit alternate costume in Smash Switch?

Don't even joke about that.

Attached: cdbb4d041d75b36978754516e8d023aeb40a35262a48ee5d400b2f1511445b26.png (650x1005, 514.96K)

Looking back it's still baffling how much they ruined Adam Malkovich.

Speaking of Other M, I'm guessing Samus' design will be based off of the Samus Returns version instead of the Other M version. As awful as the Other M suit was in Other M, I always gave Sakurai credit for somehow making it look great in Smash 4.

Attached: 25664810_big_p5.jpg (704x1000, 210.2K)

Sakurai has stated that Pit made it in to Brawl because of the sales of Famicom classic collection ports during the mid-2000's GBA era.
Game & Watch Gallery 1/2/3 collections on the Game Boy?

I know Sakurai has said about "characters being relevant" with Smash 4, but I think that ONLY applied to Smash 4 roster, it's never been mentioned for Melee or Brawl.

SMASH INVITATIONAL
GAMEPLAY INCOMING
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
twitter.com/nintendovs/status/976790642314522624
archive.is/Vhwfi

Attached: 1432220814122.jpg (300x450, 21.43K)

Attached: checked.jpg (2282x1394, 309.33K)