Smash Bros Thread: Wonder Red edition

JAPAN TIME 3 IS HERE

Previous thread:

WONDER RED EVERY THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/9CWWU
twitter.com/FUNimation/status/973274075580821510
archive.fo/JTkYl
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/11/26-1/new-gashapon-line-brings-you-kirby-with-a-chin
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that Roy is worse then any NuEmblem rep.

That's not saying much

archive.fo/9CWWU
Archive it, nigger.

Are you ready for indie game representation :^)

user……………….

Attached: Reimu002.jpg (495x700, 109.48K)

Attached: f7506353914b0bcbf9b38b7c1178297c3779696dc78de750b8bc1d1226379968.jpg (800x558, 221.9K)

Requested Newcomer Tier List

Banjo and Kazooie
Waluigi
Cranky Kong
Skull Kid
Sword Ganondorf
Wonder Red
Daisy
Any Fire Emblem Character
Any unironic suggestion of a character who didn't originate from vidya (Goku, etc)
Sans
Solaire
Ridley
Geno

Reimu and Quote are the only acceptable indie choices, everything else is mugen meme trash.

Just like it was losing steam to Kancolle half a decade ago, or however old that is now?

NO LIP NO BUY

Attached: lip.gif (370x517, 41.39K)

>Characters I want to see as newcomers are Pious Augustus (Eternal Darkness), Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101), Saki or Isa (Sin & Punishment/S&P: Star Successor), Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk/Last Window), and Ray (Custom Robo)

Attached: custom_robo__ray_assembly_line__gif__by_toastypyre-d7udpzq.gif (580x332 252.98 KB, 70.66K)

I want a Sin and Punishment character too, though mostly for the sake of us getting a Sin and Punishment stage.

Basically how I feel, but the only third parties that should be in Smash are Sonic, Megaman and Pac-man. that's it.

By third party do you mean characters that weren't on nintendo consoles? Because as far as I know first party means directly made by Nintendo, second party means Game Freak and Intelligent Systems, and third party means any other company.

DECIDUEYE OR DIE

Attached: blodtelon.png (1618x1250, 474.43K)

if I can't psyslap a bitch I don't want it

holy shit, someone besides me remembers Hotel dusk.

Attached: Hyde smile.gif (288x281, 170.93K)

No, he means games that were on a Nintendo console but are not made by Nintendo or a second party. You're of fourth party

I would not be opposed to Decidueye. Remove Lucario and then I'll be okay with him getting in.

We need more Lip.

I'm half thinking they'd add something from Sony, seeing as they are porting the Crash trilogy.
Doubt they'd add Crash himself, as he was in that Playstation fighter that was pretty shit but I enjoyed the couple hours I played.

DON’T TALK SHIT ABOUT ROY YOU MOTHERFUCKER
Also I don’t need to say Wonder Red every thread because OP did it for me

Wasn't there another thread after that one that got (((mysteriously))) deleted?

I dunno, after Cloud I feel like Geno has a legitimate shot at getting in now. I mean the Inklings got a Mii costume and now they’re in. The only reason Geno wasn’t Sm4sh DLC was probably because Sakurai wanted to finish Corrin and Bayo and then stop working on the game.
Reimu has no chance of getting in but I want her anyways. Really I doubt there’ll be any indie reps in Sma5h. Maybe Quote or Shovel Knight or even Shantae, but they don’t have much of a chance.

Are all of the games by Cing worth playing, or just Hotel Dusk?

I feel the opposite. I feel like if Cloud could make it in then Reimu might have a shot, especially since she's the only "indie" character with any semblance of being iconic (being one of the main characters in one of the most well-known shmup series out there). Problem is, her appearance would bring in so many secondaries to Touhou, it's not even funny, so I don't exactly want her in.

Quote.

Well yes, true, you got me there.

I’d also argue for Shovel Knight and Shantae like I did previously but I feel as though there’s a difference between being mostly well-known and iconic.

Well, maybe if Shovel Knight 64 is released this year.

While I do enjoy both of those games mostly Shovel Knight, and while they are extremely well known as far as indie games go, I'd argue that they aren't as iconic or genre-defining as Quote (for indie gaming as a whole, helped bring pixel indie to the mainstream) or Reimu (almost a poster-girl for bullet hell shmups), and that might be what Sakurai is going for. Those two you pointed out are also not Japanese, so there might be Sakurai bias as far as indies go, as the only American-made character that's made it into Smash as a playable character up to this point was Diddy Kong, and only because Donkey Kong Country, and by extension their characters, had been semi-popular in Japan prior to it. Of course I could be full of shit and for all I know Sakurai could very well be a Shovel Knight fanboy.

Never ever, they still need to finish Shovel Knight 1. I want my damn Battle Mode already, can't wait to fuck up some nerds with Propeller Knight.

Attached: IMG_20180302_200327.jpg (100x96, 3.49K)

What do you have against shante?
Shes a perfectly viable and reasonable character, even more so than duck hunt or pacman for fucks sake.
Also add my boy Quote nintnedo, you would be shooting yourself in the foot by not doing so

Attached: eedda5b40e40d55bda9594e7eab7fd9da468bc1775873097c40d20a193834fc3.png (628x559, 354.29K)

HOLLOW KNIGHT WHERE

Do not withhold that image.

And I still forgot the throws because I'm a retard apprently.

Do not sexualize the Shantae

How about more so than
They are not even from action games
It was originally just a fucking toy
I am convinced that Sakurai was one some kind of crack to even consider adding that guy
He has never been in a single nintendo game, except for that one rythm game I think, shantae started with the nes with a perfectly solid game.
He was from just one insanely niche game from 20 years before brawl even came out and by then Shantae had even more games than him

Choosing characters for smash is a bit random and sometimes bullshit but dont say that perfectly viable characters are not valid when way dumber shit has been added in, you're just being retarded by saying those things.

Attached: dsp choke.png (517x491, 135.82K)

I believe she started with the Gameboy Color.

Actually two since he has an even more obscure game on the gameboy.

Attached: gabrielgunout.png (1224x1076, 1.29M)

But Wedgewood is nothing without his team. It would make more sense to have a seven-person team like Ice Climbers or Pikmin for the Centinels, or to include Viewtiful Joe as a single playable character.

Attached: mash A to save earth.gif (423x226, 2.87M)

Go away meleefag.

what's so bad about 4

4 was still better than the undeniable garbage of brawl, so if anything the series is trending up.

>one insanely niche game
>forgetting that Shantae's second game came out after Brawl, in 2010
Come on now, user.

Shantae isn't a Nintendo character, that's why I don't want her in.

I deleted that post for a reason. It wasn't finished and I accidentally hit some combination of keys that made it send. You couldn't wait 3 seconds?

True, but I still have no hopes for 5.

Nigga, I've got the thread on auto-update, I can still see your post. I figured you just left it at his normal specials.

There was a chapter where you went with him solo and fought against blue

You're also alone for the first 3-4 missions of the Prologue and the Kahkoo-Regah portal there, but the point of that sequence in 004-B is pretty obviously that the team needs to work together.

So you'd be playing as Unite Red? I can get behind that.

Let's do an an Aspergers Build for Wonder Red

Unite Whip should probably be the grab. Down Smash could also be Unite Tombstone, although that might be a little too similar to Kirby.

Final smash should be chargeable to add more words as you hold it

I’d also be okay with platinum robo as a character with whole team in it and a stage where all the characters are giants in blossom city

You're right about that, my bad.

Solid snake and Sonic managed to get in too back in brawl and they werent even nintendo characters, a mgs game was never even in a single nintendo console at the time.

Attached: DFBJS7XVYAAV-xH.png (750x750, 582.47K)

And neither was Sonic or Snake.

Attached: A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A.jpg (640x780, 69.46K)

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes was a remaster of MGS1 for the Gamecube. There were also the two original non-solid Metal Gears.

But those were MSX games, not Nintendo.

Right, but they had NES versions.

Not Metal Gear 2, the other Metal Gear game on NES was Snake's Revenge

Oh neat. I never knew that game was on gamecube.
There still is no excuse for cloud though.

Oh, my bad. But, suffice it to say, Snake had been on Nintendo consoles at the very least. I'm not actually trying to make a point in regards to Shantae or not. I wouldn't mind seeing her, Quote, or Shovel Knight to represent indies and I think they all have a decent enough claim to a roster spot.

That one has a relatively flimsy reason. While the only Cloud game on a Nintendo console was Theatrythm to the best of my knowledge, Final Fantasy as a series did have a relatively long history on Nintendo consoles even if mainline games migrated to Sony. Cloud IS the most iconic Final Fantasy character and he may not be representing Final Fantasy VII (or Theatrythm), but Final Fantasy as a whole.

I'll bite. Let me do one for Lip. The idea is that since Lip's gameplay in Panel de Pon is based on chaining together combos, her A attacks build up a chain level depending on how many attacks or combos you can get off in a short amount of time. It would cap out at, say, 8 or 9. That being said…
Lip's abilities are so undefined I have to pull some of this shit out of my ass, don't know how Sakurai does it.

Attached: thinking lip.gif (400x473, 33.74K)

No dice, fam
I am hoping for an EBA/Ouendan assist trophy, at the very least, and for Snake to return, but possibly they should put some Ghost Babel shit in it.
I also bloody know that they're going to add BotW shit but I'd rather they did that than they added more FE characters that are only good for tumblr redraws.

Paperclips et al

The one problem I have with that explanataion is that it all came as a result of Dragon Quest. That series started with the original JRPG, it's more synonymous with gaming than Mario in Japan, the successful localization of the first game is what influenced NoA to even pick up the first Final Fantasy, and the series introduced numerous Western to JRPGs through Nintendo giving away free copies of it's sequels with each new subscription to Nintendo Power. Also, Enix bought out Squaresoft, so who's really the superior representative?

Attached: bayonetta_2.gif (480x270, 2.06M)

Roy's game was the first massive casualization of the series, he was a shit character, he was mandatory because he was a Lord but his stats were poor and he was forced in Smash to advertise the game.

like titty ninjas?

I still don't think he's worse than marth with tits

Attached: 1443583756322.jpg (800x1000, 152.15K)

Senran is already genuinely on the switch though,there was even a section in a direct for it in japan

At least titty Marth was useful in her game.

I don't want that shitty grind marathon anywhere near an actual game

When?

Attached: WaluigiMP9.png (344x321, 109.04K)

actually both can leave, since they're both marth clones

right, i forgot.

but senran isn't in smash (yet)

What's your point?

Attached: gendum.jpg (300x300, 53.16K)

I'd put them both in meme tier

Eh, if you're thinking of Waluigi as Brawl in the Family "TOO BAD WALUIGI TIME" yeah, he's meme tier, but if you consider him a representative for all the Mario Sports games, the Mario Party games, etc I'd say he's not a meme.

Attached: 6VL3PNv.jpg (900x330, 203.98K)

Hey

Attached: moe.jpg (1280x720, 62.4K)

Out of curiosity, how much of a chance do Western third-party characters have? I keep seeing Japanese and Indie reps suggested, but what about third-party Western reps such as the Persian Prince from PoP, or…

…or…oh, that's why. Can anyone else think of any "notable" Western third-party characters who've been on a Nintendo console and are NOT owned by Ubisoft?

Attached: The_Prince(SOT)_Render.png (768x1024, 1015.72K)

Doomguy? He had a N64 game i think

Does being excited for the shitposting and butthurt count?

Attached: 1461904712409-1.jpg (751x607, 77.76K)

Exactly.
No matter how things turn out, Japan Time is always the most wonderful time on Holla Forums.

I'd take Reimu and Marisa in my Smash Brothers game, no doubt.

Oh, yeah, the original on the SNES, Doom 64, the GBA ports, and, finally, nuDoom.

Attached: 655366_front.jpg (640x470 48.14 KB, 93.76K)

twitter.com/FUNimation/status/973274075580821510
It's happening and you can't stop it.

Attached: Untitled.png (628x660, 319.93K)

If Goku is revealed at E3 I will shit a house
I can't believe Goku is a legitimate possibility but this is the timeline we live in now

There are probably better versions of Sun Wukong to put into Smash than the Dragon Ball one

BUSTER ROD G FOR 5MASH

Titty ninjas isn't mature, it's fucking garbage.

But Bayo was part of the deal for putting Sonic back in the game and to promote their own material. Why would Nu-tendo want to revive one of its old good franchises (that doesn't have meme/in-joke status like The Mysterious Murasame Castle or Rhythm Heaven) when they have so many surefire sells at their disposal? As much as I think Sakurai takes bad decisions, he's probably the reason why we have a rather unique set of characters that include both the famous and the slightly obscure like Mr. Game and Watch or the Ice Climbers. I mean, fucking Captain Falcon is all on him. Speaking of, I hope they don't pull another 4 and just release it for the superior hardware with all the features intact.

Why is Lip so cute?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (357x400, 139.59K)

Attached: sadness.png (850x476 77.84 KB, 341.8K)

Screencapping this and holding you to it, user. See you at E3~

This is the only indie rep Smash deserves and needs.
Every thread

Attached: 179.png (500x549 302.81 KB, 113.69K)

Though if they ever make a poll I'd definitely help the cause and vote the only good addition.

There are a handful of characters I give any damn about at this point that they could put in that would really "hype" me in any real fasion. Goku would be one of them. Him, Chrono, Reimu, and the biggest long shot Kyle Katarn, but I can't think of any actual characters in the last two console generations worth, Nintendo or otherwise, that I would actually want to play go out of my way to play smash for other then what I listed. I can barely even think of any good "new" characters in the past few years. I mean, I would love Shantae in the next Smash, and it would be surprising as fuck if someone like Master Chief or some other rival first partier was announced, but it wouldn't really get me hyped.

Attached: Huh.png (296x423, 188.14K)

My pick would be Travis Touchdown, with a new game coming out he even has a decent chance. *Reimu* would be fun but unlikely.

I'd want this just for the massive SJW asshurt. Hell with Bayonetta getting in it's not even that much of a longshot.

Bayonetta is sexier than any of those retarded blobs from shitran kagayra
>inb4 Mark bans me for saying shitran kagayra

Smash needs to go back to being ONLY Nintendo first party characters and equal representation between series. Sm4sh was just full of stupid bullshit. Fucking memes like Mega Man, Pacman, Cloud, the dozen sword characters from Fire Emblem. Fuck all that shit. One or two characters per IP. Nintendo only. Final destination.

Shit taste.

Faggot.

i hope he bans you

Suck my cock, it's supposed to be Nintendo properties only and the latest one was watered down trash.

Says who?

The first 3 games.

I don't think Smash was EVER like that

Hell Smash 4 technically leverages more characters against the all Mario franchise representation (even if it's heavy in Pokemon and Fire Emblem) so your point is kinda moot.

Naw fuck you m8. Those were perfectly good additions. I agree about all the FE shit though.

Attached: 1466641662342.jpg (900x900, 117.28K)

I actually hate Shovel Knight, Sora and Sans as characters. I'd rather have Quote even though I don't really care for him.
I originally wanted Reimu, but I feel like that'd be a mistake. First of all, it's nigh impossible considering how none of the primary touhou games found a western release. Second of all, I don't want normalfags invading the touhou fandom, especially not since it's losing steam (and getting releases on Steam, funnily enough).

Attached: rin2.png (469x706, 319.01K)

Except I'm not, try again.

If anything I think Reimu would piss people off that she got a spot over someone else, kinda like Bayonetta did. I'm not opposed to her in 5ma5h, but I can't exactly argue against the secondary invasion concerns.
I don't see why Shovel Knight wouldn't be a good addition.

Couldn't agree with you more user.
You need to leave now mother fucker.

What's wrong with Pacman?

Kek, faggot.

Adding western indie characters would open smash up to a fuckton of cancer. Best to just stick to indie Japanese stuff, Quote is probably the best pick out of all that.

So Sonic and Snake are Nintendo properties now?

What about 8 player smash? You think they'll get rid of it? How many of you actually play it? I never really touched it. And having 8 players would be a lot for Switch to handle if you have situations with two characters per player, like with Ice Climbers (if they do come back) and Rex + Blade if it happens.

I'd like to see some better online modes too, specially something like Splatfests, where there's some sort of event that goes on and the levels and items change. Maybe take the events they have every week and make special item load outs, launch rates, etc?

I feel like if online plays ends up the same way as on Smash 4, when you now have to pay for Smash online, it'll suck ass.

Wasn't really a "Nintendo character". At least when compared to fucking 1-8 + X + spinoffs like soccer Megaman. Megaman was born on the Nintendo. Pacman was an icon, but he was never a "Nintendo" icon. No amount of arcade exclusive Mario Kart racers will fix that. Still a better then Cloud or the dozens of FE characters they kept squeezing in. Seriously, no spear or axe characters for FE?

We probably only got 8-Player Smash because the Character constraints imposed imposed by the 3ds

They'd fucking better. Sakurai doesn't have the technical limitations excuse anymore.

err 1-7, I keep thinking Rockman and Forte was a report of 8 for some reason.

Thoughts?

Attached: madotsuki.jpg (450x650, 33.65K)

Is sakurai still even working on smash this time?

Use your head you dope, shes not a nintendo character, nor has ever been on one of their consoles.

Even more niche than Raymoo. I wouldn't complain if she got in though on the grounds that she could have the best fucking level ever if they went all out on it.

He's confirmed to be working on it, which is good as screaming at Sakurai whenever he fucks up never gets old for me.

Has Cloud ever appeared on a Nintendo console? I can't think of any Final Fantasy games period that showed up on Nintendo consoles past the SNES era.

Fucking this. It's bad enough that some Smash fans only know of shit like Earthbound, F-Zero and Fire Emblem through Smash, and it's even worse because Fire Emblem only got popular in the West because two characters from it got into Melee. You think secondaries in Touhou are bad? Imagine how worse it'll be if Reimu gets in.

Again, I actually really like Shovel Knight, and wouldn't mind him if Quote got in beforehand, but his appearance in Smash would be kind of cheapened by him being in every other fucking indie game, and his only real importance to Nintendo would be that his game is the first third party game with its own amiibo (not counting the Smash amiibo given to Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic) and had limited exclusivity for the Specter of Torment campaign. Meanwhile, Quote is a little more important due to being the original posterboy for indie games on Nintendo's platform, being there to help bolster the DSiWare and Wii Shop Channel, as shit as they were (hell, a former NoA employee had to fight to get the game onto those platforms). Not only that, but he's been around since 2004, so his game has had time to age well.

No fucking clue, depends on how well optimized the engine is for Switch. Of course if they do add in Bomberman there's no way they won't add it in because of pottery.
It's a neat gimmick, I'll give him that. But it's obnoxious having to do it every time in the Wii U's half-assed Classic Mode, especially on higher difficulties.
I will have Sakurai's head if they don't.

Yeah he was in some GBA game. Think it was a Kingdom Hearts game or something.

TBH I rather not have any indie characters in Smash, even if it is Quote. The main reason as to why is simply because they don't feel warranted/big enough to be in, nor should they be in the mess pile that is Smash.
However, the reason as to why I can see Shovel Knight in is because he has an amiibo already, a cute design and a potential for an interesting moveset like most here but whatever, and is a very popular indie game. Also, in terms of character, its kind of hard to hate him, hes pretty chilled.

The thing is Bayonetta was always requested for Smash, it made sense for her to be in this one because of her being Nintendo exclusive or at least mind as well make her exclusive now and unlike Senran :^) she can actually
be toned down from her usual M rated games.

Ice Climbers are coming back, I mean, it only make sense right?

Cloud was in that one rhythm game for the 3DS, but at least Cloud still makes more sense of being in than Madotsuki. Like nigga what moveset would she even have lmao

Attached: mfw no.png (402x292, 168.98K)

Considering Samus Returns did well, I'd say Dark Samus, Proteus Ridley, and the Zeta Metroid have a chance.

I'm betting that decideueye, some mario fuck, 4 more fire emblem characters, and more promotional shit will be included instead.

K rool will remain a Mii costume, Ganondorf will remain a clone, and Wario will continue to stray from anything having to do with Wario

Attached: Metroid Zeta SR.jpg (1796x1187 142.44 KB, 1.48M)

They pulled a moveset for ROB out of their asses, how hard can a girl with weird dream abilities be.

I don't want to put too much time into something so unlikely, but Madotsuki's moveset would be really easy. It's kind of pathetic why you'd make such a big deal about it considering how easy it would be. Almost every one of her effects could find a place in her moveset.

Attached: 2765201d73c5fabd68db57886693acbede01dbcfbf97fabf21393a59620c5726.png (600x616, 69.48K)

bruh, if a spear guy got in, then Sakura would have to swallow his lies and make Ganondorf not-a-clone and he ain't about to do that shit

Attached: Ganondorf trident render.png (1005x1226, 1.09M)

Switch is potentially "weaker" then the Wii U. Really depends if they got the hang of the ARM Cortex-A57 processor. Fucking tablet bs, but damn if it isn't Green. Also, Arm processors work better with ram, "somehow" I don't know the nitty gritty, but I do know if you did stack two "equivalent cpus" of Intel/AMD vs ARMs, they end up having numerious differences are what one does better then the other, and I mean on a very "low level" level.

Outside of the GBA/DS ports, there was Crystal Chronicles, XII: Revenant Wings, Tactics A, Fables, Crystal Defenders, 4: The After Years, The 4 Heroes of Light, Explorers, Theatrhythm, a few Chocobo games, a few Kingdom Hearts games, and most of the SaGa series.

METROID
doesn't afraid of anything!

Attached: 2big4u.png (720x400, 255.8K)

You're an idiot.

I don't think a character not being popular or "big" enough is reason to exclude them from smash. But, Nintendo has a lot of unpopular, not big characters they could use instead. They don't really have a reason to resort to a third party.

Look at how popular Ice Climbers got after they showed up in Smash. And before that, no one really knew who they were. Nintendo has so much opportunity to revive abandoned IP and characters with smash. I think it'll be a huge disappointment if we see a ton of third party characters. It was already a huge disappointment to see so much of the Smash 4 roster taken by only a few franchises.

Nintendo needs to revive some of their older franchises. They are flying through their staple franchises on Switch, mainly because it's selling well enough that they can invest in making more first party games. Seeing Smash bring back some old, abandoned characters would help Nintendo out in the long run.

I dunno, I think Switch has an advantage. Wii U CPU was an old POWER CPU with a few new features thrown on to make it not seem so ancient. And the supposed clock speed was only low 1ghz range on three cores.

Switch already has 4 A57 cores at 1020mhz and 4 A53 cores. And ARM is a low clock speed, high performance per clock architecture, and the POWER in the Wii U is for high clock speed, low performance per clock.

Switch CPU should run circles around Wii U CPU. I doubt Switch CPU can function as a true 8 core CPU, but even the 4 A57 cores would be much better than what the Wii U has.

From what I've seen, Switch doesn't stand out so much from Wii U graphically because of the GPU. Normal Tegra X1 GPU speed is over 1ghz, but to prevent it from turning into an Nvidia housefire, Nintendo set max clockspeed docked in the 700mhz range, and in portable it's only in the 300mhz range.

Decidueye is a given. There's people requesting him and Greninja was in Sm4sh.

This is part of the reason I want Wonder Red. Wonderful 101 did terribly and that's a damn shame. It'll probably be ported but it'll still sell like shit due to the Platinum Curse.

Attached: gaper mario the thousand cock orgy aka paper mario ttyd repainted.jpg (500x374, 126.01K)

Agreed. I'd love it if they brought back Panel de Pon, fairies included, because the GBC game was one of my favorite games growing up.

Waluigi wouldn't be interesting, frankly, unless they gave him a Spin-off based moveset. Base it on Mario Party, Kart and Tennis, and we'll be set, but otherwise there's nothing original to do with him.

I just don't think there's ever been an indie that I see as Smash-worthy. I suppose nothing ever stood out as that great, as capturing the feel of what it was supposed to. A fitting indie would probably be from one of those Rare-vivals, but none of them have been that good so far. If Nintendo gets behind one of them one day and there's a good one that comes out, then maybe I'd see that indie character as more fitting.

I want The Frog For Whom The Bell Tolls to come back in some way that isn't just an Assist Trophy for Smash. Maybe a Small budget sequel, or some half-remake-half-sequel like LBW.

Attached: ^CA3E87D772C19D8662A45525CB64B165482C0E0D65B0B23C57^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png (893x1253, 775.39K)

I didn't say he only makes good decisions. I think he's right in saying that people should stop trying to swerve what kind of characters should or should not be in Smash since they're not developing it. It's also wrong to add a hundred characters that are just FE reps because that's popular so that'll sell.

They bring this on themselves to be honest. They absolutely need to improve their marketing department, if they even have one.

insightful.

These are a measure of speed not work. Arm processors are not the same as x86/x86-64 Intel/AMD architecture. In order to get the "true performance" of a CPU you need the Speed x Work per cycle. A Cycle being roughly a single hertz. Saying an ARM Processor is better then because its "faster" is saying a Ferrari is better then a semi-truck, but your job was to carry Pianos. The separate cores on the other hand is like having 8 Ferrari to your 3 semi-trucks. In anycase they are completely different weight class. There is a reason why all desktops and laptops still use Cpus that require over 100 watts of power, despite ARM processors that can be charged and powered by a 2 watt usb micro cable are around.

That's why I mentioned ARM is geared toward more work in fewer cycles and POWER is geared toward less work in more cycles. The more work you do per cycle, generally the lower frequency your CPU runs at.

POWER is more like AMD Bulldozer, Intel Netburst (Pentium 4). ARM is more like Ryzen or Intel Core.

CPUs are almost always a trade off between work per clock cycle and how may clock cycles you can get in a second. The really good CPU architectures are the ones that break the average balance between the two.

I know mhz between CPU architectures is not the same and can't be used to compare performance. But ARM gets more done per clock cycle than POWER does. And if they are running at similar speeds, ARM definitely has an advantage.

You know what, I was thinking about it more and maybe you're right. Most characters in Smash movesets are made up on the spot anyway. If it sounded as if I was making a big deal about it, my bad, it was unintentional. However I still don't see her being in the game Unless Yume Nikki gets a switch port, but even then, no lol.

Shovel Knight comes close enough to me of being Smash worthy, but even then, I don't think it should happen. If anything Rare at all, possibly Banjo-Kazooie, but that won't happen. never ever :'^(

What about Conker?

To be fair, Microsoft has been pretty friendly with Nintendo on occasion, especially on the subject of Rare. Rare made GBA and DS games as MS doesn't have a handheld, so it's not competition.

If anything happens, it will most likely be Banjo, but I'd love Conker, personally, because Banjo-Kazooie was mediocre.

Naw, MS is thirsty enough for people to give a shit about their exclusive franchises that they'd pay Nintendo a shit load of money to have Banjo Kazooie in the game. I doubt Nintendo would do it though, since it'd be advertising an exclusive on another system. Unless MS starts making strides to go third party and publishes a Banjo game on Nintendo hardware. Which, given how poorly Xbone has been doing, and how MS has completely fucked up almost every single original IP they have, I wouldn't be surprised.

I think there is a good chance the FF7 remake ends up on Switch, because Cloud was in Smash. FF7 remake is using Unreal Engine instead of SE's Luminous Engine they used in FF15. Luminous Engine has no optimization for Switch, and SE tried to get it FF15 running on Switch and it needed a lot of work. But UE runs very well on Switch.

Part of the deal might be to get Conker and Banjo on the N64 Classic or the Virtual console.

I get the feeling it will be a timed exclusive, like N-Sane trilogy.

Wasn't the Xbox always designed to be a tax shelter for Microsoft?

Yeah, but you'd think they'd at least limp franchises along. It's not like they want Xbox division to be a failure. But they really do kill AA and smaller studios and their games.

Xbox released in 2001. It's been almost 17 years. Where are the memorable first party franchises that Xbox gamers are waiting for? They don't have anything. They tried buying so much to try and get some. They even bought out Rareware, which should have been easy mode for making successful games and franchises, and fucked it all up. I think MS realized they can't sell consoles based on their first party IP any more, and that's why, in order to set themselves apart from Nintendo and Sony, who do have good first party games (well at least popular enough to sell consoles), they tried to play up TV and media since they didn't have games to hype people up for that they knew would be a success on the level of a new Mario game or new Smash.

If anyone else was behind Xbox, besides MS, the console would be dead by now. But my guess is MS will have no problem limping Xbox along and pimping out IP. I can almost guarantee you the next Xbox will be entirely gimmicks on how to play games differently, instead of having games people want to play. Switch has already set a precedent that people will jump all over hardware that lets you play games differently, with Switch being a hybrid portable/console. The suits at MS are looking at that at thinking how they can come up with some alternate way to play games, since they know they can't build hype and sell hardware with a game release of their own.

But we're getting off topic, I think. As much as I love to shit on MS, this is a Smash thread.

Regardless, I think MS is going to keep opening up their IP and trying to build it on other company's hardware. I am pretty sure with Xbone, they've given up on trying to sell console hardware with just first party games alone. It's probably got a lot to do with why Scalebound was canceled too. But as you said, Xbox division is a good corporate shenanigans tool for MS, it'll never go away unless it absolutely hemorrhages money and MS finds itself in trouble. But I am a little optimistic about some MS IP showing up on other consoles. It doesn't have to be 5ma5h, but they will definitely be looking to pimp out the franchises they've bought and destroyed.

I doubt a 16 watt machine. Based on the battery for the switch 4.31 amp x 3.7 volts = 15.947 is comparable to a 75 watt machine. Damn Wii U was pretty light on energy. Especially with shared titles showing very similar levels of performance and framerate drops. Although again, programmers not use to the new ARM archtecture vs end of life POWERpc. I know from previous research that an ARM Cortex-A7, with all 4 cores running about 1 ghz, equaled a single core mid range Pentium 4. I know ARM Cortex-A8 promised the damn moon, but there is no way, running at the same clock speed, a single core on an A8 is equal to POWERpc if POWER was suppose to be running with x86 and x86-64s. Unless its cpu registers have really nice short cuts. I can believe, however, that multiple, "even two" combined can be faster then one POWER's cores.

And of course, proper and clever threading for the multiple cores would have a large performance boost, while bad threading coding could end up bottle-necking multiple smaller core, where fewer bigger cores would then end up doing better. I'm basing this on benchmark tests they did for Breath of the Wild, where everyone seemed to be confused why the Wii U and the Switch had framerate drops in completely different areas. Some areas the Wii U outshine the Switch, and vice versa. Also the Switched usually "but not always" outshines the Wii U if its docked, but all the games are designed to work with an undocked Switch, so that was I'm largely basing that theory on.

In any case, I still stand by my original statement that the Switch's hardware is very near Wii-U's level, especially if they don't code the software correctly to take advantage of the switches hardware and architecture. This post is getting too long.

(You) (You)
I meant in terms of single cores. In terms of the whole machine's hardware.
Switch full power/potential > Wii U full power/potential.

You just can't get it right, can you?

Nope, Tegra X1 is 16nm and Wii U CPU is 45nm. That's a huge difference. 45nm is fucking ancient, for reference, Intel was on 45nm with their second generation Core 2 series and the Core 2 Quads. Meanwhile, CPUs like Ryzen and Intel's latest CPUs are on, or very close to, 16nm. We saw the first Wolfdale Core 2 CPUS in 2008…

I think people really, really underestimate how much Nintendo had to cut corners with Wii U CPU and GPU to pay for all the gimmicks they put into the other hardware. And Switch is basically a no-gimmicks (outside of being a hybrid) gaming device.

Cloud was in that one Kingdom Hearts game on the GBA.

Finally new smash thread

Attached: Newcomer Tiers The pool so far.png (3212x1218, 1.73M)

Sakurai would never allow it

Looking at this made me think that I'd probably struggle to come up with 10 newcomers I'd really be excited for. I'll have to sit down and think about it more later.

Would be 100 better than Shantae the whore
imagine those Overpowered no start-up, no recovery Aerials with the nail.

Sakurai would probably Sakurai him up and make up attacks of A moves with the nail, knowing him.

Rare is western but they're Microsoft's bitch so K.Rool, Banjo, etc. would probably never get in.

How did you give him double (You)s?

k. rool is not rare property. He's under the DK IP

NO FLAK NO BUY

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (640x960, 36.82K)

Too stupid

Nope

After reading up on it, I believe it now. I did not realize it was IBM based. Fuck, when was the last time IBM made a new CPU? It looks like Nintendo got the last ones.

And, into the trash it goes.

8 player smash was perfect for the 5 and 6 player matches. Actually used it a lot, but only had full 8 player matches on one occasion. I hope at least 6 player smash makes it in.

Do you guys have something against Sora or do you just think hes gay?

Attached: 1407734590826.jpg (332x276, 61.86K)

Actually outside of that, what new modes or features would you want from this game? I was thinking maybe something similar to Project M's All-Star VS mode, where you use a random set of characters per stock. That, or maybe a tag-team system where you choose one character per stock, but nerf it so you get three or have to rotate to change instead of picking who you want to send out.

RIP grid of cropped porn and embarrassing cosplay. Also,

His gayness is what I have against him

I highly doubt Mike Jones will ever make it given that his series was intended for a western audience. I bet nips don't know who he is.

That's been the Castlevania art style from Symphony of the Night to Aria of Sorrow, and other than the outfit I think the style looks pretty good. If by some miracle Simon were to get in, his 80s barbarian design would probably at least be an alternate look

I usually play with stocks so variations of that, having a different character per stock would be cool if the switch can handle dealing with a lot of different characters in a match. A tag system like in more traditional fighters would also be neat.

And I went through the trouble of cropping some too, Xenoblade 2 doesn't have enough porn

Assist trophy

I'm not sure how Kyle Hyde would do as a playable character. Good material for an assist trophy.

PoP is actually still creator owned.

Pure speculation for third-part characters, how likely could a KT rep show up? Given Nintendo's ties with the company for the past number of years, it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch. As far as who would be the rep, I think Ayane would be getting that role due to how many of their series she appears in.

Attached: Ayane_(Dead_or_Alive).png (188x528, 99.32K)

Well there were those Ninja Gaiden games on the NES from when Koei and Tecmo were separate, so it's not entirely impossible for Ryu Hayabusa to show up.

Okay people need to remember something important about the Smash roster, the final roster is made at the START of development, not the year of release or unveiling. Brawl's roster was 2005 (with late of addition of Sonic in 2007) while Smash 4 was 2012 (and then DLC after release).
With that info Switch Smash roster (assuming 2 years dev time starting in 2016), there shouldn't be any character from after that point, so Sans/Undertale shouldn't be considered because it wasn't on a Nintendo platform. For post release DLC though, who knows what could happen then.

I want an online chaos mode. Randomly changes launch rate between .5 and 2, randomly selects a few items and sets them to spawn either medium or high amounts, randomly changes game speed between .75 and 1.5. Just make it complete chaos, and you never know what you'll get. You could end up with tons of bobombs, those blower things, hammers, etc.

It needs a better single player and coop too. As much as I thought Brawl was mediocre, at least it had a really good single player mode.

Yeah, threads like these totally aren't data collection threads for new character ideas! Smash 5 roster is already locked in! But lets talk about who should be in the game and why!

It depends on how much Nintendo wants an "indie" rep, because part of me thinks that, since they went with Cloud for the FF rep, they'd pick the biggest indie success as their go-to.

Odds on Dillon? The game must be popular if it got 2 sequels, right?

Attached: serveimage.png (386x476, 196.18K)

>I dislike lucario because he's centered around rewarding the player for being bad at the game. It's great for masochists who are all into screaming "oh yes daddy, hurt me more" while at the smash tournies (smash tournaments, top kek) when your shit is getting slapped

I'd say its more likely that LABO gets in.

I'm okay with this.

Attached: 88befbd1ecba3006bddadabc6b3a8fc471c221ce18beb0e41a63790c03f0cd16.jpg (900x1042, 85.83K)

There will definitely be Labo presence, but as a stage rather than a character. Dumbass.

But I can't fuck a stage.

Attached: 80892265891611497eb355d59020e86b863d2466c2068a396df634d2be959222.jpg (512x288, 16.83K)

That could actually be cool.
I don't care for Dillon or his games tbh. The thought just struck me cuz he was in the direct

user I'm very disappointed.

Eh, it's more just of a Advance Wars character but Sami might be the best choice. Or they could do a CO change where you have a Pokemon Trainer in the background but instead a CO and your character you fight with are the units.

We're obviously going to get snake back but this time he'll hide in a LABO box instead.

You are not creative enough then.

That'd be rad

The worst part is he doesn't even have a low-HP buff ability in the mainline Pokémon games, but DOES have flinch immunity, which would be immensely more useful in a fighting game, so the "rewarding for playing badly" gimmick has no excuse.

But I fucked your mom last night.

Sora is a NEVER EVER because of Disney
This is why Sora doesn't show up on Dissidia.

Attached: Trailer hotel dusk room 215 nintendo ds.webm (480x270 5.3 MB, 8.28M)

I like how everyone went from making fun of the Labo to wanting to fuck it

And all his explosives will be replaced with pachinko balls.

Attached: 60078155a5f8a349e03993840444e00a0693f4ea3db20d134869f091967f63d5.jpg (1280x720, 116.18K)

Attached: who.gif (400x190, 1.28M)

I want her to but it will never happen

Attached: 0c9bd8b984efd2490b95be836573eb7450bb40b969f568bc8002a8831891479b.jpg (726x803, 362.94K)

If you wanted Treasure representation, you would be better off going with Saki. Though I'm tempted to pick Mischief Makers up.

cuckchan go and stay go

smash released in the west before the east if i recall. Little Mac was their "western" rep

All I need is more classic representation and I can die happy. Smash Bros doesn't need new or contemporary characters, Smash Bros is supposed to be a celebration of Nintendo's history. Once Smash Bros contains every iconic classic Nintendo character possible, then I could understand adding obscure or newer characters.

Attached: 24e9c93052bf1ce1709239064666b6f0d638c711e6680d38b0b9ef552afcff2a.gif (498x377, 496.21K)

The Wii U version came out in the west first. The 3DS version, which came out first was releasing in Japan before the West.

You stinking hipster, I can smell your lack of showers and kale shakes a mile away.

I fixed your terrible list.

git gud.

Attached: fixed.jpg (3212x1218, 561.16K)

She's not a Nintendo character apparently, she's currently owned by Square Enix.

You're clearly not trying hard enough.

Attached: sexy parodius goodbye.jpg (640x449, 58.44K)

he sounds like a fag

Get out of here.

Attached: lipmad.png (1162x1148, 176.08K)

Doomguy?

person who recently broke up with me was pretty into smash so rip

Was he cute?

This has got to be the worst list I've ever seen in the last 16 hours

Attached: d364780c6e34f28e81c50031a9510f9a1403746c566ff1e89f96f6ec82a92482.png (878x1618, 375.39K)

y-yes

I like Daffy better

No

I'd be more than okay with Doomguy if they use his 90's design and music.

Not THAT porky

Attached: porky.gif (500x346, 95.55K)

Are you suggesting that you're not fond of Todd Howard's ZeniMax Doom - Brand Erasure Edition? But he made it specially for you, user.

Unless he is riding that thing from Earthbound or something, Kumatora would make for a much better MOTHER rep, honestly just get rid of Lucas already since he is a Ness clone.

I wanted Porky because at least he can be riding the machines or something. Whether you put in Lucas, Kumatora, Paula, etc, the movesets will be the exact same, I assure you. Lucas is already borrowing canonical moves from Kumatora. Plus keep in mind you won't be able to see upskirt so there's really no point in her.

Lip a cutie. Lip for Smash!

This gross purple whore can stay the fuck out though.

Attached: Hana1.gif (400x454, 34.89K)

Oh right, I forgot about the E+10 thing. Yeah, I could see Porky working but faggots would use the "too big for smash" excuse. Which makes no sense considering that Olimar and DeDeDe are huge when they are actually small as shit.

Kill yourself.

Attached: foreman.jpg (684x468, 35.77K)

No, we don't think he's gay.

We KNOW he's fucking gay.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (2149x3035, 6.39M)

What's wrong with that?

She's a greedy slut

Yes I agree, into the trash your opinion goes

Attached: garfdunk.png (364x349, 41.82K)

My top 10 from this list.

10. Kumatora
9. Quote
8. Banjo-Kazooie
7. Twintelle
6. Bomberman
5. Ganbare Goemon
4. Lip
3. Dr. Eggman
2. Mona
1. Earthworm Jim

Attached: monablush.gif (480x320, 66.55K)

Smash is meant to be a Nintendo cross over, not mugen you underage faggots.

Could it work, Holla Forums?

Attached: Dark_Matter.png (329x217, 68.15K)

????

Attached: e14a6aa9d7a14c8d49f16d093bf719b1d11825b1050c8ad3b8441f132b40b5d9.png (697x697, 680.38K)

As indie rep and only one

I wanna see Gooey grow up to be his own Dark Swordsman, but friendlier.

user you didnt have to do that.

Attached: 1461514003120.jpg (293x336, 16.84K)

Get with the times old man, Nintendo wouldn't profit by only allowing two representatives per franchise. The best selling fighting games nowadays profit off of having as many fighters to choose from as possible. Compare it to 20 years ago when SF, KI, and MK had only 6 or 8 fighters.
It's not necessarily a bad thing as long as they are balanced, but it's just the natural progression of fighting games as CD's and cartridges become larger and allow more space.

Attached: 1472106008899-0.jpg (500x500, 54.79K)

He was already in UMvC3 not to mention that Dante is a much more popular character and pairs with Bayonetta.

Attached: Dio_Brando_main_image.png (300x450, 201.59K)

i hope you all get killed

Woah

Dante's the most unlikely Capcom character, because he's the only one with no Nintendo history. Mega Man made sense, Phoenix is pretty synonymous with Nintendo handhelds, and aside from that, RE and MH are far more popular series than DMC, so they'd get a rep of some kind before Dante.

Attached: 69ed4e64dfe6003de1cd5bed3baac32b34363302464a5f3ff2fa22fd63d6455c.png (317x266, 47.27K)

Some of you are alright, don't come to smash threads tomorrow

I agree, a niche indie PC game series for autistic score attackers and obsessive waifufags is perfectly representative of Nintendo's past and present

Dante was also in MvC3 and just showed up in MvCI

Too late; I'm already dead

Odds are high considering he was an assist trophy in 4

no u

Attached: edcc4e266f2d67fbfe188fef3feb54f597c64f475c69dd6ce36fa7d8e3f9dff3.jpg (594x683, 47.57K)

ISAAC NEVER EVER ;(

Same could be said for Cloud and Snake

Well, Final Fantasy's the biggest Square series, and Cloud's the poster boy. Same with Snake and Metal Gear for Konami. Dante will never be that for Capcom.

Why would you post that?

Outside of Megaman and Ryu, I think Phoenix is the go-to Capcom rep for a Smash entry. Ace Attorney games have always been on Nintendo consoles and bundles of them are included in all the eshops.
I like Dante, but he's about as unlikely as Cloud was. Anything could happen, I guess, but Monster Hunter is probably going to get represented instead.

It's huge in Japan, also Quote is the best indie choice bar none. Additionally DMC revolutionized action games. It's impact on the Industry is huge.

You know this dude needs to come back

Pumping that iron and getting ready for his real moveset. Heavyweight macho brawling with Wario Land powers.

Attached: wariolift.gif (500x420, 58.05K)

I like the ace attorney games, but it doesn't touch DMC.

Shovel Knight would be way more fun to play

Shit list and too much third party shitters, Bomberman, Jack Frost and Quote should be the only ones to be considered as a third party, only 4 of the first party characters should be included

Invoker in Smash when?

I remember when I was young too. it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

pic related is gonna be the new retro rep as a tribute to iwata

Attached: 22956_front.jpg (640x899, 61.91K)

All trash, but the other user's replies aren't much better.

it's not my list, it's what Holla Forums wants
I'm already adding an eternal darkness rep among other stuff to the list since it's being asked on this this thread

God, where did I save all that fanart that kind anons drew for me anyway?

Attached: 499668 - Alice Balloon_Kid.jpg (300x400, 35.52K)

Attached: c0af50f8c6914da70d4d6e755f7c6c569cf16c134e49fc6f167a91f40bab1a19.png (512x640, 418.03K)

who are the ARMs waifus?

Attached: ss (2016-11-14 at 08.42.37).jpg (482x345, 50.06K)

I don't want lip
She's too literally who . Don't be greedy, be thankful she's an assist trophy
I rather see a puyo puyo rep than lip, because at least that brings some cool things to play with for moveset.

Attached: Japan on Twintelle.jpg (1516x3065, 699.68K)

I hope its a male character just to spite you.

it's probably gonna be Springman with Ribbon Girl alts

Fuck off loser. Being a literally who didn't stop your 9 million Fire Emblem and Xenoblade reps from appearing.

Attached: dededeanger.png (214x210, 64.47K)

Twintelle, obviously.

Attached: twintelle-twerk.jpg (2340x1640, 652.64K)

Checked

This, fucking shrek outsold Xenoblade Chronicles.

Shrek Confirmed.

I don't see a problem with this.

Attached: f1a730470b5ac7fb0a76e88545b78cc62520b75a593f5d266e60c1c4464cec11.png.jpg (600x900 100.01 KB, 86.91K)

Honestly, you're lucky her flower dildo made it in as an item

I hope you choke on your own cum and die, homolord.

Wew lads, the japs went in hard on these fools.

Just because of this, I wouldn't mind Twintelle for Smash, but I believe Springman is a guarantee for Smash.

Attached: c835a6b2231b7209aa49de6919054d6e40b10a52ad66bae45da262537438920d.jpg (640x718, 50.85K)

Villager's up-b is the closest we'll ever get.

Nigga you 'tarded or somethin?

Also Lip appeared in the west indirectly a couple of times, her stage theme was unlockable in Planet Puzzle League, and she also got an unlockable costume in Animal Crossing Puzzle League.

Attached: garfglare.jpg (320x240, 19.04K)

Post your choices, if you're so great.

Jokes on you, qt fuckboy is fine too

They could easily change Villager's up-B though, like a vertical Lloyd Rocket or something

Oh fuck, the gay sure is spilling around lately. Go back to your sodomite board and stay there looking at asshole pictures or something.
>>>/cuteboys/

WHERE DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!?

Attached: traps_are_not_gay2.jpg (525x474 82.38 KB, 151.54K)

Traps are gay, user.

Attached: 6783e018ceaff9600c090569e56c4b0174404937861a1267e6f4fa42f1ef5143.png (387x509, 106.11K)

Post yfw she gets into smash

Attached: 4A6D5F26-D239-4DCA-9C18-A3C7F7F0B121.png (400x500, 147.03K)

Go and post this shit somewhere else, you deranged AIDS carriage. This is a Smash thread if you didn't notice.

I thought all rabids were male

I'm not gonna bother getting this one if any Rabbids content gets in

Can Reimu even handle being in a game without Marisa? The last time that happened, it was Highly Responsive to Prayers. We know 3rd party IPs don't get more than a single rep. Can Marisa settle with being an Assist Trophy?

In Japan; her stage and appearance both got patched out because FUCKING TREEHOUSE wanted the fairies to STAY in Japan. However she did appear in Pokemon Puzzle Challenge as part of a hidden cheat code.

It'd be funny if this was a plot point for having Rayman in Smash

Rayman busts into Smash in a heroic attempt to save the rest of the video game world from the Rabbid menace

"They've destroyed my franchise and now they're coming for all of yours!!! We have to stop them now!!!"

Attached: 0ea.gif (359x202, 1.53M)

Would be a great reveal trailer.

The salt from all the people that unironically want rabbids as characters would be delicious.

What's the difference?

Attached: seinfag.jpeg (720x685, 66.2K)

Banjo-Kazooie
Simon Belmont
Bomberman
Rhythm Heaven rep
Advance Wars rep
Paper Mario
Elite Beat Agents
Isaac
Mother rep
Ridley
Rex/Pyra
Ganon
K. Rool

Sans (or any indie character)
Rabbids
Waluigi
Ashley
Daisy
Geno
Goku
Sora
Any fire emblem character with a sword

Will be rayman if anything

Rayman didn't get a AAA crossover game with Mario though. The rabbids did.

Fuck off

Yeah, Ashleyfags can screw, Mona is better

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (800x814 201.23 KB, 50.8K)

Ah, I see you’re a man of taste.

Nigger did you actually play the games he's in that give him unique abilties? He has shit load of original stuff.

We must hope that Massive Hero Soccer Guy doesn’t give in

He’s been pretty good about choosing iconic characters over newer characters, the exception being the FE cast. I’m sure he’ll realize Rayman would be the better choice, or at least know that Rabbids don’t deserve to be characters if he actually thought about it for more than 2 seconds.

Well no one can be thankful because she isn't even an assist trophy, just the "Lip's Stick" flower item.

Remember the sad fact that only one assist trophy out of the 27 from Brawl became a newcomer for Smash 4. It was Little Mac if your still wondering

Those drawings are my OC, I've been working on a moveset for her. I think she's a legitimately better choice than Ashley because she more closely represents the bizarre and quirky humor of the Warioware series, and would also provide them an excuse to revamp Wario to a Wario Land moveset ("you can't say you don't have a Warioware rep, now make Wario more like his Land self!")

Things I haven't drawn yet:

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (769x1038, 348.03K)

What are the chances Sakurai surprises us all with some obscure videogame character nobody was expecting?

100%

very high, it happens every time as far as I know

Sm4sh was the peak though, I don’t know how you top Cloud in terms of surprises.

I'd like it to be this guy.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (680x760, 212.92K)

CUPHEAD WHERE

I hope he tries to top it, it seemed to work pretty well last time

Attached: new_challenger.png (1231x1984, 255.85K)

This is pure autism but I thought of the same thing (Wario getting Land moves, Mona getting WarioWare moves) before so I approve.

now post mona porn you dirty fuck

XDDDDD
SO FUNNY!!!

I think this guy would be pretty surprising.

It's completely possible now that he appeared in Minecraft on Switch.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1600x1999, 6.38M)

Yea, except unlike Snake he needs his guns to even feel Halo-like

And that’s a no go if they want to keep a T rating

Does he really?

Chief has lots of really iconic sci-fi weapons and equipment that aren't ballistic weaponry.

Fuck it’s been so long I forgot about all that.

I think he’d still feel out of place in Smash, but who knows.

Meanwhile Smash 4 has Bayonetta who has a pistol for each limb and that game was rated E10+.

Probably because the guns were smaller.

Also ==BANJO WILL BE IN SMASH==

archive.fo/JTkYl

Attached: Capture _2018-03-15-00-54-30.png (1425x389, 72.08K)

Attached: 152052223791.jpg (787x605, 84.84K)

Attached: stewart.jpg (805x658, 49.04K)

It’s either that or just Bayonetta meta. Pick your poison

At least Bayonetta's a cool character. Sexy witch lady and not just a furry or a stupid anime fuccboi with a sword.

Attached: 5dc1cb0e666a422ef33a490b26369f39.jpeg (1407x2000, 163.14K)

FUCK YOU IT'S WALUIGI'S TIME TO SHINE

Attached: WAH.gif (500x452, 392.41K)

I don't get why people are so fucking gay over Waluigi. The sheer autism displayed by the people who want him playable make me hate him more and more as time goes on.

What the fuck would he even do as a fighter? Some stretchy limb punches and kicks like Dhalsim?

Attached: sonicunimpressed.jpg (672x499, 24.67K)

I never noticed before but how did they switch positions?

Gee, maybe something related to games and sports?

Okay, so what's so special about him? Why should he get in over, say, Daisy, who would also have a moveset based on games and sports?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (900x506, 879.17K)

What part of only sports and games did you not get? Are you going to suggest Pauline next?
In addition, any non-special moves for Daisy would almost certainly be direct clones from Peach because they even look nearly identical, while there's no character with a similar build and animation as Waluigi.

She's only appeared in ONE mainline Mario game, and that was Super Mario Land on the Game Boy. All the rest of her appearances have been in sports/kart/party titles. It doesn't change the fact that if they were going to use a moveset for her it would be based on her appearances in those games. So the question still stands, why is Waluigi more special than her? They'd both have the exact same moveset as far as I can tell, with the lone exception that Waluigi has potential for stretchy limb attacks.

Bullshit

Underage fags I swear

Knowing Nintendo, at the bare minimum he would theoretically have a moveset similar to Wario's with a couple of spinoff-related moves such as video related. Also Project M and Ridley because fuck all of you.

There's no need for a third-party character to do that, since SJWs are butthurt at all times.

Attached: 58b.png (1206x474 134.29 KB, 158.65K)

I ain't even all that hype about Rayman but get your facts together fool.

Attached: 27b.jpg (600x600, 21.97K)

I miss him.

Attached: Wario World Trailer.webm (400x210, 3.53M)

The argument of "what would they even do?" is fucking hilarious.

Attached: gratuitusly massive.jpg (685x600, 112.21K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (648x432, 440.68K)

A fangame has a literal punching bag with no limbs as a character and they gave it a complete moveset.

Attached: mio.jpg (480x468, 20.65K)

You sound like you don't want to have fun.

Sunsoft also did that 23 years ago.

Attached: WAKU WAKU 7 BONUS KUN VS ARINA.mp4 (540x360, 10.88M)

Fact of the matter is, if Sakurai managed to come up with a moveset for the Villager he can come up with a moveset for anyone.

Attached: 1440704132461.gif (1067x720, 1.51M)

Again. Why should he?

If he wanted to he could totally make a moveset for a fucking Goomba. That doesn't mean he should make Goomba playable.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (400x400, 31.28K)

And why shouldn't he?

Because a Goomba is not a character and just a generic enemy?

Are you seriously this retarded?

Because this isn't Mugen, we don't need 300 random shitty characters to bloat the fucking cast.

I'm expecting it to be in the inevitable roster leak near launch, and everyone assuming that specific leak is fake because of muh pixels.

But i'm not talking about Goombas nigger, i'm talking about Waluigi and literally any Character with even a bit of relevance to Nintendo.

Kill yourself.

Attached: 1466255824163.jpg (385x309, 52.86K)

There can be only one.

Attached: DAEK7eaXoAA1q5T.jpg (1177x1200 134.08 KB, 162.65K)

Goomba has as much relevance to Nintendo as Waluigi, if not more.

Again, the point I'm making is that you have completely failed to provide any sort of reason as to WHY he should be in. Your argument basically is, yeah, let's just throw in any shitty thing that's even slightly related to Nintendo as a playable character! Remember bloopers? Make those a character! Remember those plastic condom things you used to have to put on your Wiimote? Make those a character!

Adding a bunch of pointless characters just because you can is completely fucking retarded and actually serves to make people want the game less.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (225x225, 11.58K)

And the point i'm trying to make is that going
as an argument for not including a character is fucking retarded.

Attached: a917869c58e39812523e879b9ceac8d3b2013a4afffda234fc6018d0db6d4bc5.gif (442x402, 2.01M)

Except that's literally not what I'm doing you utter fucking brainlet. I'm asking you a pointed question in an attempt to see why you want him in the game and figure out what makes you excited for him. The onus is on you to get others hyped for your character and so far you've completely failed to do that because you're a completely dumb sack of shit (which is to be expected of Waluigi fans).

So I'll ask you again. Why should Waluigi be in Smash? What can he do? How is he going to fight? If you were actually able to answer these questions maybe I'd be on board with your shitty contrived tertiary character that only exists because Wario needed a doubles partner in Mario Tennis 64.

Attached: 1448906509290.jpg (900x900, 105.49K)

Are you ready for the new skins for the kirby characters?

Attached: Shakurel Kirby.jpg (1080x1111, 305.03K)

Except that IS what you did faggot, some cunt asked for Waluigi and you went

I honestly don't give a shit about Waluigi, i'm just telling you that your initial argument is ass and you should kill yourself.

So you are actually more dense than pig shit. Thanks for confirming.

Attached: 2012382-pete.jpg (480x480, 29.97K)

I don't get this reference.

it's a japanese thing
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/11/26-1/new-gashapon-line-brings-you-kirby-with-a-chin

LEAVE, CUCKCHAN FILTH!

Attached: Rape!.png (604x348, 156.8K)

Let's just look this over for a second, see if you can follow along.
Mario - literally the mascot of the company and the most recognizable IP in the world, even moreso than Mickey fucking Mouse.

Luigi - his famous, yet mistreated brother. Mostly been a player 2, but that still involves a lot of games. He also has his own series in Luigi's Mansion, which, while nowhere near mainstream, still is a classic.

Wario has not one, but two of his own series - Wario Land and Wario Ware.

Peach is not only a mainstay of the series, but also the most famous female character in gaming as a whole.

Bowser not only is a fun villain, but a beloved one, thanks to the Mario RPG series of games giving him a fun personality.

Donkey Kong has his own series of games, which are bloody phenomenal, and play very differently to anything Mario.

Diddy Kong is pretty much DK's Luigi, but in this case, most people seem to like Diddy far more than Donkey Kong as a character.

Yoshi, as well, has his own series of games, once again, different from Mario, and is a mainstay in the mainline Mario games as well.

Fucking Rosalina has been in three of the past 4 mainline Mario games, and arguably is one of the more interesting characters thanks to her backstory.

Even the Koopalings have been in mainline Mario games for a while now, and are classic characters that have been around since the NES.

AND EVEN FUCKING DOCTOR MARIO has his own fucking series of puzzle games. Yes, the shitty fucking clone character has more of a reason to be in than your shit suggestion.

What does fucking Waluigi have? Tennis, Kart, Golf and Party. The only, ONLY interesting way to pull him off would be to give him a moveset revolving exclusively around the spinoff games.

Yes, Waluigi could be an interesting character. Nintendo could easily shit out a "Wario and Luigi: SuperVillain Saga/Partners in Crime", and it would probably be pretty fucking fun, but until that day, Waluigi is a shit character with no personality aside from what maymays attributed to him.

A character should be either iconic or interesting. Waluigi is neither.

In that case, that advice applies to any of your other shit ideas. Iconic or interesting.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (292x672, 41.33K)

Attached: 1428519235358.png (368x298, 113.69K)

You guys trying to treat Smash roster like a popularity contest have it all wrong. Some of the most loved Smash characters were obscure before Smash, or not very popular. Certainly not as popular as Nintendo's major characters like Mario and Link.

The really popular characters are in Smash for new people who aren't familiar with more of Nintendo's characters. They all play fairly simply, don't have overly interesting mechanics, and are usually middle of the road on the fast and light to heavy and strong spectrum.

The best example of a nothing character getting big because of Smash is Ice Climbers.

Attached: DWm8sY6X0AAd8vS.jpg large.jpg (1455x1429, 282.54K)

Ok m8, whatever you say.

At the very least, Ice Climbers were Unique. Duo characters hadn't been done yet, it was a bloody interesting, unique break from the other character types. Most of the criticism is towards shitty, generic suggestions that are just thrown out because muh maymays.
Like I said, arguments could be made for someone like Waluigi, but they'd need far more mainstream love, or even an interesting spinoff game to develop them as actual fucking characters and not just tennis players.

Makes me wonder why there are so many Walugifags and comparatively few Daisyfags - both are in the same position.

Attached: dededegrin.png (596x339, 217.04K)

You say that like it's not enough. You're asking "but what would he even do?" and you know the answer. Are you okay?

Seems like business as usual in Smash threads.

Yeah m8, you sure showed me.

It's a different user, user.

He didn't imply that it's the same guy as you, just that he used the same nonargument as you used earlier.

Jesus fucking christ. How dumb are you people?

Now YOU are the one mixing up who you're talking to, faggot. And just because what you say is not an argument doesn't mean you didn't try to use it as one.

So, what are you guys arguing over?

Attached: YayoiEat.gif (500x281, 958.85K)

RAYMAN FOREVER

I can't wait for Captain Falcon to be revealed for the fifth time.

I would legitimately be actually excited if Goku was going to join Smash. Android 21 assist trophy?
Because I want to see the world burn.

The funny thing about the Villager moveset is that he has Side B Gyroid missile attack that don't even relate back to Animal Crossing. Fans try to use as many game inspired moves, while Sakurai comes up with other weird stuff or even using other characters from the same game for move inspiration like the Ness/Lucas's moves.
All the specials attacks will use the tools, Up B for fishing rod recovery, B for slingshot, Side B to swing axe, Down B shovel? Grab is bug net, etc
Balloon Fight inspired Up B recovery move (NES game is available in GCN version), B is pocket (which is simply brilliant), Side B launches a flying Gyroid like a fucking missile or you can ride it, Down B plant sapling, water it to grow tree (that can serve as a shield), get axe (to attack with) or chop down the tree to attack, grab is bug net. Shovel is a pitfall like down smash, while slingshot can only be used in the aerial attack.

If an ARMS fighter does get in, I would expect (if it's not just a Little Mac clone with long limbs), that it would moves taking from the other ARMS fighters, Eg: MinMin's kicks, Ribbon Girls aerial jumps, Barq assisting, tempory cloak like Ninjara. Or either that they could just throw in Dr Coyle, since she already seems to be researching and copying the abilities of the other ARMS fighters in universe.

This is bait

The only thing Smash 4 had going for it was it's roster, but even then they had the audacity to add in even more Mario characters, padded out Kid Icarus, and of course fucking Fire Emblem. Everything else was mediocre. Sure it was better then Brawl but that isn't an achievement.

Attached: 47268848_p0.png (966x692, 427.44K)

I literally didn't. You guys are just too fucking retarded to know when someone's asking you a legit question.

Yeah, it would actually be funny if Goku got in Smash and was terrible, like he was bottom tier. I'd love the salt that would ensue from him having a 2-8 matchup against a pink princess or a fat penguin with a hammer.

im here to slay Ridleyfags

Attached: sylux rulez.png (1143x785, 385.88K)

Oh cool nice to see Sylux is going to be a Samus clone.

that would be true if he was a last minute inclusion, but too bad its not.
his entire character is to be opposing contrast to Samus as much as possible, to where he uses a experimental weapon akin to Metroid drainage, so its hard to see him that unlike Ridley.

I'd rather be a Waluigi fag then a fucking Sylux fag, holy shit.

I will never understand the Sylux meme and why they keep teasing him in every game. Everything from Hunters should have been forgotten. If Ridley can't get in then at least Dark Samus is understandable, but why settle for less with Sylux?

Attached: 67487754_p0.png (1208x1838, 1.01M)

so you decided to be the trash begging for useless spinoff-exclusive filler over something that's getting the spotlight in major games after a decade of haunting? but hey, im not stopping you, go ahead.
start an argument at anytime, especially for the Smash topic. not made up fanbase bullshit to justify their autism.
because they're introducing a new plotline for future Metroid Prime titles after when the phazon arc is all completed, and they're starting off by fleshing out Sylux first.
like it or not. its none of the samey recycled garbage redditors rumor about to justify the new stuff either.
you can ask the same for Wolf getting over Andross, Bowser Jr. over just Shadow Mario, or Rosalina getting in over Petey Piranha. don't get me started there, i'll maul you if you try to justify these for Bigley or another sidelined Metroid antagonist.

also the support for Dark Samus started to harshly drop around once they announced her story is over, likely being Lucas-tier clone, getting outran by the new major antagonist for future Prime games.
nobody wants to deal with that, gotta move on to the next.

Attached: sneaky sylux.png (958x1349, 889.25K)