The Kafka-esque Horror of Morgana

Basically Mona's a Tulpa that will beg for death

KILL ME

Other urls found in this thread:

hitomi.la/character/akira kurusu-all-1.html
dousyoko.net/blog-entry-15709.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So to be clear, we never see the actual root of the existential crisis this character would endure during the game, let alone the terrible fate he's been given after the game.

He could have just been left to die.
He could have had peace, floating away like that.
They kept him here.
They did this

This is your "Happy Ending"

All of this sounds strikingly similar to Gouto. Are you certain he wouldn't be able to interact with the descendants?

Is it just me, or does Morgana sound like tails?

Positive. Remember that only those who had contact with the metaverse - especially Persona users - could hear Mona speak anything but meows. Since the metaverse is closed off for good and no one can touch it again (since that was the only way to keep the Japanese illuminati from using it for whatever nefarious geopolitical aims they intended, it's unclear) that means only the main cast, from Protag to Ann, Yusuke, Makoto, Futaba and Ryuji can understand him.

When they die off, no one will be able to hear anything but mewling "nya~" and after a couple generations he, though still existing because they have cognition of him, will probably disregard the myth of their great grandparents about demon summoning powers and cats that turn into vans. They'll treat Mona like an average cat, and Mona will permenantly be stuck as basically a human brain trapped in a cat body with no one to understand or care.

At least Gouto could interact with the Raidou clan. Mona can't speak to anyone but the crew, and once they're gone…

Reminds me of this. I love immortality backfires stories like those.

This is why gay autistic faggots need to stop being enabled.

Why is Morgana shaped like Stewie Griffin?

wow user, I remember the upper art but I never saw the comic panels. that stung the eyes a bit

You'd probably love Made in Abyss, then.

But yeah, Atlus thought giving us a game where no one died was the best idea ever and keeping the funny cat around would lead to a happy ending, but they ended up basically giving us a Yoko Taro style "everything turns to sadness eventually" end

It's the boyish girl-voice

I'll check it out tomorrow.
There is a bit of a silver lining for Morgana. Non-verbal communication like in Charlotte's Web. Though in this case it'll be a downgrade, but still it's something.

Why though?

You want to love something, but don't wanna fuck it.
Think; Foster Home for Imaginary Friends

Why can't he type or write?

Purseowner is, among other things, geared towards waifuism. A female character will always have an aura of "potential date" no matter whether she's written that way or not. They probably wanted to avoid that for a goddamn cat.
But of course that's why you ask

a cat is fine too obviously

Yeah, no. Thanks I'm good without inflicting actual gender dysphoria on myself. People who have sex with their tulpa are idiots, too.

Good point

He can't even text, how can he write?
…Except for how he can somehow fix a car engine, but hey, who cares about consistency?
Either way, it's a living nightmare from the moment the main crew dies until the day no one has any cognition of him and he can finally be at peace

Tulpas aren't real and anyone who thinks they have one is a deluded retard

You know how you can imagine how other people will talk and you can simulate entire conversations? Or how authors often go on about how "characters take on a life of their own"? It's that, just to a rather unhealthy degree where you consistently reinforce the notion that you aren't talking to yourself.

Speaking as an author, I don't think it's the same mechanism, chiefly because it's less the characters that take on a life of their own than the story itself. If you give half a shit about the coherence and consistency of your narrative, a lot of the ideas you come up in a vacuum will change as you write it. In a "wait, this would make more sense" or "X wouldn't react quite like that" kind of way. It evolves in directions you didn't fully plan.
Alan Wake had a bit that talked about this phenomenon pretty well actually.

Kids, never make a tulpa – if you really need something for memory or whatever, get a temporary servitor and let it dissipate after you're done.

Only faggots use the term Kafka-esque unironically, and in this case it's not even fitting. Kafka would scoff at such a bland premise

You can't make one because they aren't real

Having written a few stories, I know what you mean, but I would argue that it depends on the emphasis. Are you writing a narrative-centric or a character-centric story, kind of. It requires that the setting and characters are fully fleshed out, so that the "simulation" can kick in.

For example the ideas from a vacuum which don't fit at first, are a disruptive element that hinder this. Of course it also depends on the writer and their style and how much they storyboard their stuff.

It’s almost scary how good he is.

You are underestimating how good a domestic cat's life is.

not while atlus smells spin-off money to be made, it isn’t

PQ2 is coming out, and there are only a few periods it could take place in for the P5 team, one of them being after the True Ending when they are going around in their fucking mystery machine van.

Like he couldnt figure out how to WRITE or use a TABLET to text to speech.

There are so many ways around this. If hes as smart as a human there are more ways then TALKING to Fucking communicate you moron.

Except the part where the cat learns to write letters. Your theory is dumb. OP is a fag.

You're overthinking it, and nobody has gained anything from your endeavors.

Get that MtF furry tranny filth the fuck out of here.

I think you mean FtM

My bad I aint up on faggot terms.

/thread

Yeah but instead it has all the personality and wit of Omochao

Morgana is a trap
You got me good with this one atlus. For a brief time I wanted to fuck that cat
Im so glad I was able to cuck it for tricking me

Coolio, my man. Is this part of some paper you’re writing or do you actually think anyone here gives a shit?

Did user ever manage to summon that Jackie Chan tulpa?

Not a bad idea. The best usage of a tulpa if they existed would probably be a manifestation of one's own jungian shadow, that functions more like a stand and reminds you to be the person you should be rather than the one that you are.

A feline trap wearing a tight latex suit, with feminine name and voice. It was designed for this, user.cat trap

OP is greatly exaggerating to make it seem more bad then it really is

come on OP, Morgana is a faggot but he'll be fine

There's nothing stopping him from communicating in non-verbal ways.
Main cast could set up a laptop for him and teach him to type. Their kids would grow up knowing the cat can communicate but cannot talk, and is intelligent.

He's basically in the same boat as a mute person.

So he's a neet who gits gud at keyboarding on tibetan ceramic forums like the rest of us, minus the never dying bit.

What about that is "Kafka-esque" precisely?

A wicked sense of humor?

The story of a man who awoke one day to realize he had transformed into a giant beetle. He had his brain, his mind, but in a beetle's body. The way he was ostracized, unable to find anyone to relate with him, unable to fully communicate with others left him all alone.
Similar thing but it's a nearly immortal cat rather than a giant bug.

He can't write or type or text. Pretty sure they bring this up specifically.
He can pick locks and fix a car engine, though, so as I said above don't expect consistency.

I think you're missing the point: because Mona exists so long as there is cognition of him, there will inevitably come a time, perhaps several generations down the road (we at least know the protag would fill a womb; maybe everyone else dies childless), where the tale of P5's adventure is more myth than fact and taken as a story than an actual account.

Mona will be unaging but everything around him will change and every face he knew and loved will be nothing more than dust at some point. He will continue to outlive everyone but how long do you think it'll take for him to be regarded as just a cat? Not to mention that the key difference between Mona and a mute is that one is clearly human while the other is just a cat that's very animated.
But the biggest point isn't even just that he won't be able to convince people he's a person (though not human) in cat form.

It's that he has to go through all this and yet never again be able to find anyone who can relate to him on a level that the main cast does. He will never be able to speak with anyone again, at some point he probably won't be able to convince anyone he's more than just a cat, and ultimately the desire to connect with others will burn out. Of course it would. No matter how clever a cat is, it's just a cat, and even if he was regarded as more than that - like say he sticks around their kids even after everyone's dead, they still will have a barrier between them, a barrier of connection which will only widen with each succeeding generation.

We have fun with cucking the cat, user, but we never realized the nightmare of being a human-like brain in a [nigh immortal] cat body with only a select few who can understand you.

pretty sure they dont.

He just says some vague stuff about how he wishes he was human so he could join in when you're texting the gang on your phone.

All good points, actually.

No he says something like "I need you to text/type for me" early on.

What was the justification for him being able to do complicated stuff like pick a lock or FIX A FUCKING ENGINE yet not be able to type?

it never says anything like that

It's just that hard to learn Japanese

On the other hand, that means no one else will have to tolerate his faggotry

yes, because the MC is using a smartphone. That doesn't mean he is completely incapable of communication non-verbally. An actual keyboard is easier to type on than a phone, for example.

is the game good if i already have a waifu im loyal to and aren't looking to vicariously date people or have romantic feels meme or whatever?

And cat paws aren't a uniform slab, they have enough dexterity to be able to press a single key. It would be unergonomic as hell but it's far from impossible.

Only in the most fringe sense OP. There is no pathos, there is no abject revulsion at his appearance, immortality short-circuits the fragility of the bug-form that Kafka represents. The love aspect is out of place as love has no place in Kafka. Its not about cuck-like desperation its about the desperation of the human spirit at the basest level. The non-communication and connection with the rest of the crew is really all you have to stand for. The key point that makes something Kafka-esque is the metamorphosis. There is none here, there is no transcendence to a baser lifeform, no catharsis through that for the rest of the crew. You're trying to give this character more depth than it really has.

But then wouldn’t he die with the last Phantom Thief? At least, the personality of “Morgana”. Would he just revert to a normal cat once Joker and friends pass on the the real last surprise?

I think it's said that he was manifest by their cognition of him and exists because of that. I always took that to mean that he was made into a real boy cat by them, insofar as him being material.
I didn't think he could entirely vanish if they died, but I guess that's possible.
It'd be a happier ending if he could vanish once everyone else is dead, though I don't know if that's how it would work. He exists because of cognition of him and is material because of them.

Maybe he would become a simple retarded cat once they die, or rather once the cognition of "Mona, the smart friend" left the following generations' cognition. So by the time the kids' kids' kids view Mona as just a cat, he would essentially be lobotomized.

I don't know what's a worse fate, honestly. It'd be better to just die.

Well I mention that because that depressed sigh he gives if you romance Ann has so many of those themes wrapped up into one - not to mention that, if it wasn't for Atlus speeding through the shoddy latter half of the game, you definitely would have had such an existential crisis in Mona since we see the beginning of it already.
Remember, it's not just cuck-like desperation; Ann is just a symbol of his deepest desire to be human, to exist as they do, to be able to connect with others eye-to-eye rather than as a [cartoon] cat. He's regarded as a friend and asset but he himself wants to be more than that. He wants to be one of them but cannot be.
It's only because of shounen slipshot writing we never get a proper working of this theme in Mona, instead that he almost immediately accepts with grace that fact that he really doesn't even exist as a cat but as a manifested thought form.
It's in there but buried and overlooked.

Probably right

I was disappointed that a sigh is literally all we get from him if you cuck him
I wanted him to screech in my goddamn face because it would be funny

Yeah. It is quite a let down, though the game is already a patchwork of various versions of itself during development so I doubt they would have ever taken the time to add in even a quick scene of Mona properly reacting to his Lady Ann getting trained

nope.

Only ants can learn japanese.

If Morgana ever gets too bored with his fate with the descendants of the heroes, he could always go off on a journey to seek meaning in his life. Someday he may become a guest in the Velvet Room himself.

(Or he could go team up with a certain other superintelligent immortal cat and his pomeranian friend and solve crimes in secret.)

Have know Idea what happened there

you saved the thumbnail that's what

TRAP CAT JAP CUCKING
THE ULTIMATE FETISH

Probably. Its been a rough morning, Tequila is one hell of a drug.

So analogies to that one Kafka story are enough to summarize the entire thing as "Kafka-esque"

I really hope they make magic usuable now.

Well, none of the rest of his stories fit what's described. In a general sense, its perseverance in the face of utter desperation or a bleak setting or situation, the Metamorphosis being eponymous when referencing an individual struggling with inner demons and that changing them. Unless its an outside force then its The Trial or anything else he wrote. I digress, it doesn't fit anyways. Its too simple. Its more Puss in Boots with some kind of fetishism attached. But if you think enough anything can mean anything.

What exactly makes you think that?

You're acting like Morgana wouldn't just throw himself off of the top of a building if he got tired of the years of no communication. There are worse fates.

Would you fuck it tho

The worst thing that happened to that cat is that it was born in China and is going to be someone's dinner.

hitomi.la/character/akira kurusu-all-1.html

I would use mona like a fuckdoll everyday

If it wasn't gay yes, but it is so no.

you aren't real either, user-kun.

Yeah, my point is it should have a broader thematic connection to him rather than "he got turned into a cat and that guy wrote a story bout turning into a bug." OP just finished his high school english class and thinks "people turned into animals" is enough to be "Kafka-esque"

the cat in that image is female right

the one in that image probably is though. i can tell from the eyes

Persona 5 is a tree that keep on giving

Morgana is definitely male though I do understand your frustration

She's a damn football head, can't unsee. I certainly hope this isn't someone's waifu.

I like to think the voice is meant to be androgynous but its clear that the character is meant to be male by the interactions with Ann McMerican.

My dick is so confused.

Probably meant to be but that is kind of defeated by the fact that he states quite plainly to Ann that he's male when she asks what he is.

This is what happens when you change your mind mind way through production

At least they didn't go with "xhe" or some such. Now that I think about it, The character is trans-activist bait when seen from this angle. It'd be another Chara all over again.

I wouldn't mind fucking her if it wasnt for that awful clipping

The English voice actress for Morgana in an interview tried to pull that shit but then played it for laughs later stating she herself "identifies as a bus".

I love me some rule 63 no homo

Holy shit, she dodged a bullet. She has some MeToo crap on her Twitter but she isnt full SJW yet. I guess they prefer to cannibalize their own these days. Good for her, she is kinda hot

Forgot pic

I like how they justified that as "everyone fucking loves my neighbor totoro so obviously that means cats can turn into buses because nanomachi- i mean cognition son"
It's a weird excuse, but it still makes sense.

Absolutely.

Never because he is fucking immortal, normal cats die after a couple of years. If he outlives several generations of humans nobody will treat him like a normal cat, he can be happy if they don't found a religion around him or make him the center of a science project.

A curly-haired FemC would have been pretty cool actually.

Cant he just an hero?

He can lick his balls tho

I agree. More Persona FeMC routes would be fun.

Just like my doujins

PERSONA 5 HAS A SHIT SCOOBY DOO TIER STORY WHO CARES IT IS NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

Not surprised, Sonic is pure 'tism.

Sonic tier, even.

Yeah, the P3 female route was nice. The slinks were changed up quite a bit, and I liked that Shinjiro actually got some characterization apart from just being a plot device for Ken's character arc. A female P5 route could work, but it'd be weird since the romance options would be sparse. There's Ryuji (nope), Yusuke (alright), Morgana (Dangerously Furry™), Sojiro (arara~), Mishima (kek), Iwai (Eh), Shinya (Hey kid wanna ss?).

Fuck you man, I expected a fap or two, not tears.

Hey man, fuck you.
Also, you're forgetting pancake man.

Keep dreaming buddy

I left him out because it would be unlikely that the writers would include him as a romance option. It would be too hard for them to rework the whole "he kills you" bit so they probably wouldn't do it.

if I can romance Death as FeMC in P3P I should be able to fuck pancake man.

They did that perfectly fine with this fucker.

FeMC seems pretty unlikely to happen though.

oh we are doing a list of NEVER EVER stuff?
>she will never be a teammate
>ywn heal her in her social link

We all know how hard they tried to make her a tertiary character that you weren't supposed to be attached to.

Actually you're right, they could pull off an Akechi romance route easily. He'd just be really remorseful about having to kill the woman he loves, and the story would proceed like normal. When he finds out you're still alive he's happy, but will still fight you anyway.

Velvet Room Residents are unaging.

The Painter, Nameless, Belladonna, Marie, Egor, Elizabeth, Theadore and the rest cannot die as long as humanity exists.

There is no Persona character named Marie and there never has been
Persona 4 Golden was a completely normal rerelease that added some new shit, but that is all it did
Nope

Shoving Marie down your throat until you like it.

Even I hate it.

Think they'll port P3 and P4 to PC to test the waters?

Elizabeth left the velvet room and inherited the Wild Card, so her status as immortal is up for grabs.

maybe

You laugh now, but they were polling people on whether they wanted Persona and other SMT games on other consoles.
It's still pretty unlikely, but who the fuck knows?

Yeesh user, how naive are you!?

What just happened?

really nigger?

Holla Forums is a hivemind after all

I-it'll happen guys, just believe!

tbh I'd think we'd see a sequel on PC before any of the old games get ported. That's all I'm thinking, but see

user, all the Persona games are already on PC, what are you on about?

(Wasted Trips)

To be fair the PS3 emulators aren't that polished yet.

I was able to play Persona 5 end to end on emulator. I only had some frame rate issues in Shibuya, it's perfectly playable but of course emulating a PS3 requires a strong rig.

That's the point though, you delude yourself into believing it exists.

The only problem with PS3 emulator I had is always online requirement.

Forgot pic ha ha

Oh wow XD ha ha

is there a picture of morgana with brendan frasier’s hair

If they didn't make a P4 FeMC, chances of a P5 one are unfortunately slim.

more

I mean, male characters in cartoons end up wearing maid outfits all the time for a gag. I don't know about the context of that though.

All the male characters got Butler outfits for the DLC and the girls got Maid outfits, Morgana is the only exception to this so it isn't being played for laughs.

user, I know his knock-off Berserk armor is enticing but let's be real

Ryuji should have stayed dead

user you can't be postin that so freely, there's some anons trying to NoFap

If Mona had undergone the same change as its predecessors then yes, otherwise no.
Also Mona was obviously meant to be a girl who maybe fancied Ann. Still off

Well Mona is their friend and they would probably tell their children everything that happened and explain why their parents are carrying on conversations with a mewing cat

You might be right about that, though I don't think he'd choose that method since he'd just land on his feet

Daft fucking demon cat thought it was human and that turned out to be bullshit. I am calling it now its a downs syndrome lesbian cat and it needs killed with fire and magnets,

All Akechi wanted was to kill people and eat pancakes, he did nothing wrong

I shopped that a bit to make it work better as a reaction image.

Well, they did a piss poor job. Everyone treats you like shit and she’s the first one to give you the time of day other than Ryūji.

Ryuji is a total bro the entire game through though. Shiwhore shows up once in the beginning when you're still stuck actually walking through the school and then becomes a moral event horizon for Kamoshitlord and a plot device for Ann Twintails' confidant storyline.

The only good thing he ever did was almost get run over by a car while Makoto was nearly getting railed by yakuza and almost getting blown up when Shido's ship was blowing out.

That's it. At every other time - literally every single other time, every situation occurs or is made worse because Ryuji can't keep his mouth shut and can't behave like a human being. He's a socially, emotionally and probably mentally stunted retardate who can't function without being a detriment to himself and everyone around him.

Ryuji is the worst character in the game, and considering mass-murder "muh daddy" pancake lad and COGNITIVE PSCIENCE SON that's saying something. Ryuji sucks. Ryuji is trash. Ryuji should have died and stayed dead. Then he'd at least have some point, and the pathos would have given the characters some depth beyond initial introduction before quickly devolving into scooby gang nonsense.

Ryuji FROM THE GET GO nearly gets you taken in by the police because he can't wrap his head around not explaining the trippy castle to the suspicious cops.

The idiot is more worthless than a single-celled organism. A microbe would have been a better friend. To hell with that Kanji knock-off he makes the game almost unplayable.

t. morgana

Ryuji's terrible because his arc happens in the beginning of the game, and he literally doesn't change at all after that. Hell, you can be doing Okumura's palace and Ryuji will still be crying "muh Kamoshida!" in his social link. He's not even that dumb; in the beginning of the game he shows some competence when he memorizes the faces of the slave cognitions in Kamoshida's palace to figure out who to interrogate at the school. That's the last time Ryuji does anything on his own that isn't stupid (besides the dumb swimsuit plan to get the letter of recommendation in Shido's palace). The rest of the game he's just written to be as thick-headed as possible while making the rest of the cast intelligent by comparison, which they're not. Most of the time we just get treated to scenes of him screaming "I LOVE BEING A PHANTOM THIEF" or he's just actually screaming out of frustration, like when the gang deduces they've been set up.

This scene is especially stupid because everyone thinks it's all over and there's nothing they can do, and all the MC does is say "We can't give up! :^)" and everyone just snaps out of it and fellates the MC's cock like he's the smartest and most dependable guy around. There's other stupid bits of writing too, like when you first get Makoto and she shits on the team for not having a "plan" when infiltrating a palace. She then spews some bullshit about how they should infiltrate Kaneshiro's palace, everyone thinks she's a fucking genius, even though all she does is regurgitate what Morgana would say or point out obvious things that the player already knows.

To make it even worse, the Ryuji in the confidant events juxtaposes with the story Ryuji at basically every point.

Is that a picture of Sam Hyde cosplaying as a money lender?

You mean contradicts, I'm sure.

It was pretty bad yeah.

Aren't you tired, user? You should go to bed for now.

I find it funny that the Naoto stand-in as "the smart one" in P5, Makoto, is essentially another Parrot at the end of the day. I also really liked how they gave us a chunk of game dedicated to rehashing Teddy's "am I useless now?" crisis in Morgana but making it even worse and insufferable with Mona being a candy ass and Ryuji being Ryuji.
Again, everything would be better if Ryuji did not exist. He is and always will be the worst.

And don't even get me started on how the entire cast are various leveled of mental infant, especially when they suddenly had the foresight, awareness and intelligence to plan out that entire twist near the end.

Every confidant bored me except for the adults so I can't even remember. I'm pretty sure he wasn't terrible there, though.
I think one of the biggest problems is that you never delve into anything too serious among the cast, at least nothing substantial, like Futaba's nightly abuse by her uncle and Ryuji's alcoholic father and Ann's absentee parents whom she barely relates to. They also show you the character in contrast to someone else, like Ann and Makoto's confidants where you don't learn about them so much as learn certain things about them in relation to someone else.
Haru was the worst, probably, since her whole "secret rage" schtick never gets delved into and it could have been interesting.
Also, whereas helping Rise with thinking about the business was bad enough, what idiot thinks, "Yeah, let me help my attractive friend get into a viciously competitive industry run by predatory producers and shysters who will undoubtedly leave her a thoroughly used up, coked out wreck before she's thirty five"?

Anyway this is getting off-topic. P5 is a mess and everything after Futaba's inclusion shows it most. That whole Hawaii trip where what'shisface who runs the "Phandom" site is trying to be friendly with you and Ryuji while you blow him off or ignore him was painful, especially since the whole vibe was that he somehow didn't know you two were Phantom Thieves, despite clearly showing he knows from the get-go, let alone during his confidant link.

But yes, Ryuji is the worst. I genuinely wonder if the nigh immortal trapped Mona would even show up at his funeral.

No that's Samuel Hydesman, the guy who co-signed the insurance on the twin towers.

dousyoko.net/blog-entry-15709.html

user NO!

THE NO-FAP

It's just a bunch of heavily censored drawings covered in runes, what's there to jack off to?

I always found it kind of weird that the Thieves never really considered the fact that one of their teammates might secretly be a serial killer. I feel like after she talks about being sexually aroused whenever a shadow begs for death, they wouldn't just leave her alone.
When Persona 5 inevitably gets updated and rereleased, I hope Atlus takes a lot of story criticisms to heart. I mean they've done it before. Persona 4 Golden was great (except for Marie). The Thieves act stupid a lot of the time but they're clearly not fucking retarded if their plan near the end of the game is anything to go by. Also make the character development the Confidants go through in their S. Links actually mean something. Like have certain scenes play out differently depending on where you are in a certain character's link. Maybe Sojiro wouldn't be so willing to listen to reason when he finds out you're a Phantom Thief if you haven't progressed through his link enough. Maybe Morgana wouldn't leave the group at all if you completed Ryuji's link, and Haru'd be met under different circumstances. And maybe you can save Akechi and eat pancakes with him. Also have Morgana's link max out much earlier, because only having Mercurius for the last dungeon was fucking stupid. Having it max either right before or right after Okumura's palace would've been better.
Also, remove Ohya from the game entirely because she's updated rerelease OC-tier garbage. I have no concrete problems with any of the characters except for her, and it seems a lot of people agree with me. She is a drunk bitch who is completely fucking useless to anyone who isn't shit at stealth. Replace her with fucking anyone as the Devil and they'd still be better than her. Or better yet, improve her character and make her backstory not boring as sin.
Also, I don't know how they could do it, but they need to make Shido a confidant, somehow. Start the confidant in the hotel buffet scene where you first encounter him and then add some more scenes where you come across him, or something, I dunno. Pretty much every problem with Adachi in vanilla Persona 4 was rectified when he became an S. link in Golden, and I feel as though the same would happen with Shido. Still, I don't know how they could possibly make Shido as a link work, since he hates your fucking guts from the first time you meet him. But hey, at one point Akechi having a gun pointed at your face and revealing that he's actually an assassin somehow ranks up your link with him, so who knows.

pic related
sorry for breaking your No-Fap

Ohya's confidant skill is terrible as well, there's no reason to rank her up besides getting Beelzebub or you just love drunk christmas cakes.

I don't understand why everyone loved the christmas cake characters. The only ones that didn't bore me to death were Kawakami and Takemi, and Takemi fucking terrifies me.
I usually just go with Ann because cuck the cat and also I have a fetish for girls with pigtails.

To be fair, the cake lovers like to talk about the desert variety in the game but they really only mean Kawakami and Takemi. The other cakes are pretty poor in comparison and Sae isn't even an option

I liked the Fortune one since her skill is useful and her hick accent is cute

Oh and also Kawakami is a maid prostitute, and I refuse to take my chances with someone who's probably carrying an STD or two. Fuck that shit.

I think it's pretty clear that having Adachi as the player's antithesis was great and everyone loved it, so they just tried to do it again with Akechi, right down to the overall plot points
Talking about Yalda, not Shido, obviously.

If they did take the criticism to heart it would need more than Golden-teir additions, though; the plot twist with the protagonist was the sole reason they clearly retroactively rewrote the script to make everything in the setting of you in interrogation explaining everything to Sae.
The entire game would need a rewrite to fix this and the characterization, and that's not remotely likely. P5 is too much of a mess, man.
It'd be nice to see what they would do to polish it a bit at least, like totally revamping the Hawaii section with Mishima to make it not break the narrative, removing all instances of the police chief (which the protag wouldn't even know, how is he telling this to Sae?) along with every other instance that takes place beyond the player character's perception of events, TOTALLY removing the scene where you flat out see Haru's dad get shot so that when the characters whinge about "DID WE KILL HIM THO?!" it's not embarrassingly out of place where you know something you shouldn't, etc.

I'm telling you, a whole rewrite, rerecording and recoding.

This again? user she never kissed before (date on the ferris wheel) and would have gone into the prostitution business if she had not gotten your help.
She even admits to having to make up "muh sick sister" excuse just to get money

So yeah, if you complete her confidant she's a cake. If you don't, she's gonna have a bad day

I hope they go back and rewrite Makoto and show me that she's actually a master tactican, because the original game just showed me they should have stuck with the plan of the shogi chunni girl being the planner.

This genuinely would have been preferable, and given that she's got a real character arc and everything, it's not unfeasible that they couldn't just write her as an optional-get phantom thief upon reaching the social link max. Hell, that'd make things more interesting if she was given dialogue in different scenes if she was there a la Mia in Golden Sun–if she wasn't there, the story still made sense, but she would add extra clarity in the scenes she was in–moreso than Ryuji would, anyways

Would be pretty cool if you could have anyone become an optional phantom thief tbh, but I understand that it'd be pretty stupid too.

Imagine how busted Iwai would be

Oh right, I forgot about that part. I guess Kawakami really doesn't have any problems.

Even if they couldn't entirely fix the plot, simply rewriting certain scenes would certainly improve it substantially. Persona 5 is a mess and an update wouldn't make it not a mess, but it would certainly make it a lot less of a mess. While they can't rewrite the whole game, anything they could rewrite and get away with it they'd be able to. I remember certain scenes in Golden were changed around, like the hot spring scene. And use the classic Deus Ex Metal Gear excuse of chalking every remaining plot hole up as nanomachi- I mean augment- I mean cognition. Also I agree, get rid of the fucking police director, or at least give him a bigger role besides just sitting around at his desk and doing fuck all. You never meet him and he just fucking dies at one point, so it's like what's the point of his character? To spoil the player on shit the characters don't know yet?

They could just add Hifumi in as a party member and have her join during the Kaneshiro arc as well. When they say Makoto is a master tactician, what they really mean is that she can determine how strong an enemy is as if we didn't already know. Also she's used as another excuse to make Morgana feel useless because she's a healer, even though Morgana is a much better healer than Makoto is. I think that entire arc where he leaves the group is the biggest goddamn waste of time the Thieves accomplish in the entire game.
Also considering what happens to Akechi, Hifumi could be a bless specialist assuming they don't give you the option to save Akechi.

Yes. Give me the option to have fucking everyone as a Phantom Thief. Give me Shinya using a fake pistol he ripped off of an arcade machine as a weapon. Give me Sojiro and the politician guy I forget his name but I liked him as Thieves. I don't care how stupid it'd be, give it to me now. I demand this.

Excellent points, mate, and yeah any addition to benefit the game would be an improvement no doubt

dont you remember that scene in the hospital were she got a hip transplant?

This sounds like “give Dojima a persona” all over again. But I supported that and was actually disappointed when I found out that Arc Sys wanted to include him in Arena but got cockblocked by Atlus

There was obvious use of the enter key, you subversive shit.
Just not twice like they do on Le Ebbit Rebbit.

ITT: OP flaunts his headcanon as true.

He deserves to suffer for not letting me watch DVDs at night.

HAhaha You mean before or after the time she went to the hospital to have surgery for her shredded sphincter?

No but really she was just there cause she passed out. The most she ever did was flirt and give a massage, but since she massages like a prison bison and since she never learned how to flirt without sounding like an idiot aping a catgirl (which is funny since she admits to feeding neighborhood cats, so she probably did get her idea of "cute" from cats) it's obvious what the problem was.
She's tired, depressed, slacks off, massages like iron rods tenderizing meat, thinks that bizarre face she gives is cute, doesn't play to her age but tries to sound and act younger than she is while giving "Meow" here and there to throw off the scent of desperation… Really, her age was the least of her problems. She probably could have been a better maid if she wasn't such a putz

We need a mod where you get a box, write "Schrodinger" on it and threaten to shove him inside if he doesn't let you watch your X-Files in peace

There's a lot of obvious "it worked in Persona 4 so let's do that again" in P5. Sojiro is clearly the Dojima stand-in but he contributes practically nothing to the plot and doesn't hold up the initial impression you get of him. It would have been fun to have an older figure who's a ladies' man but in reality his whole "my wife's daughter" backstory is sad as it gets. The guy wasn't even married to her or dating her. He kinda got close to that for a while and then didn't.
It's like they blended Persona 1's "scientist mother" thing with P4's "dead wife/mother" thing to get something worse.

Did anyone actually feel anything for Sojiro's plight?
I'll admit it, I shed manly tears more than once over Dojima's struggle with his daughter and loss of his wife. In comparison to a man trying to juggle his desperate obsession for vengeance with his growing pain and resentment in seeing his wife's face in his daughter, some hideaway shmuck who lost a girl he kinda liked and adopted her daughter - who is from a man that's never mentioned, by the way (I thought it'd be Shido) - it's nonsense.

Stop using this tumblr term
Anyway it was proven by now aside from Mona either learning to type or an hero

There wouldn't be and Akechi romance just like you can't fuck the prosecutor, the loli twins, or the loli goddess.

I read that as "Eh!?" and thought more like Iwai would see it as out of the blue.

Image.

Wew.

You think it comes from elsewhere?

P5 is filled to the brim with this kind of expository shit that makes everything feel awful. Like when you get to see Okumura get shot, or Akechi spying on you as you enter the Metaverese, or the two-dozen scenes between the director and the principle that do jack shit. There's not a speck of intelligent foreshadowing in this game besides those instances; mostly the game doesn't just tells you what's going to happen next. There's not even a good message or narrative going on in this game either. It starts off as a story about rebelling against society and has themes about changing your fate. Which is ironic because you cannot "rebel" against this game; you cannot "change your fate" as you are stuck flying down the tracks of a boring, linear, and predictable story where your choices don't matter. Even the moral grey area of "changing peoples hearts for the good of society" is bullshit because you just find out that everyone was being manipulated by a god, so of course you were doing the right thing.

I like P5. I think it's a decent JRPG, but it suffers because the writers didn't know how to tell a good story. It's full of small, contained character arcs that range from excellent to terrible, but an overarching story that is packed with cliche twists, terrible use of foreshadowing, forced drama, and general plot inconsistencies that really make the game a mess. It's a shame because I really like some of the ideas presented in the game, alternate worlds, Jungian shadows, stands,but I definitely feel like they're handled pretty poorly. Also the game really fucked up with Futaba's Palace. They could have had Futaba reject her shadow for a shadow futaba bossfight, and then have her fight the cognition boss. It would have been a great double header bossfight and a great callback to the Persona4 Shadow Rise/Shadow Teddie fight.

I don't have a lot of problems with Sojiro. The only bits that annoyed me was when he suddenly mentions that he used to work for "the government" and that he knew his wife was involved in some top-secret cognitive research. They don't expand on this at all, and it's just a contrivance to relate Sojiro back into the plot. Maybe it felt forced because it's one of the many info dumps at the end of the game where everyone yammers on and on in Leblanc in an attempt to tie up all the loose ends.

*mostly the game just tells you what's going to happen next. Fug proofreading.

I just assumed that the devs either didn't know or didn't care that Morgana and Mona aren't masculine names.

She wasn't his wife, user. That's the most pathetic thing. She wasn't even so much as engaged to him.
Sounds about right. As it's been said countless times, something happened during development where everything after Futaba's palace is an increasingly haphazard mess

Never tv

Sad, but true.