Why won't they port the christian whitehead ios sonic 1,2, etc to other platforms...

Why won't they port the christian whitehead ios sonic 1,2, etc to other platforms? It's weird having the best version on apple shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollaforums.com/thread/14119165/video-games/why-won-t-they-port-the-christian-whitehead-ios.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because Sega is incompetent.

what makes it better than the genesis originals?

Sega said no

Proper 16:9 (Technically scalable up to 4k but can't do that on mobile lol)
Hidden Palace Zone restored with a new zone
Built in Knuckles with actual S2 physics rather than loading the Sonic 2 Level tiles into S&K
Sonic 1 has tails and knuckles iirc
Nearly all of the illegal operation errors in Sonic 1 are gone.

Haven't played 2, but for 1

Sonic 2 has Hidden Palace zone on top of all the technical improvements.

could you get the game on 4k if you played on bluestacks or something?

Maybe but I'm not sure if Android even has real 4k support.

games aren't designed for 16:9 so it's mostly just for people too dumb to hook up a genesis/md properly, would no doubt cause balance issues too

not very interested in this, would rather have the original game be preserved

neat but not intentional, everyone who's played as knuckles in sonic 2+k knows that he breaks the game

bug fixes are appreciated but the rest its really not a plus or a minus for me

they were 60 back in the 90s too, most 2d games are

it does

Are you actually retarded?
Do you not realize I don't mean 16:9 stretched and the actual visible area is increased

I know, that's why I pointed out balance issues you dunce

Is this nigga for real or some sort of retrofag purist?

you probably only beat the games with save states casual

The first three sonic games are easy, who are you trying to impress faggot?

so lets make them even easier, gr8 idea

Mate the camera has essentially nothing to do with anything that could be considered "difficult" in the genesis sonic games

So wait, you mean the original Hidden Palace zone as it was suppose to be? or did Chris hobble it together much like previous Sonic 2 ROM modders did?

IIRC they had some level data leftover he used.

expanding the viewable area only serves casuals and idiots who can't hook up a proper 4:3 display as explained by a casual who has difficulty with the games

Fuck off faggot

From what I've seen its like Sonic Mania before Sonic Mania

dude just get real hardware or a 4:3 monitor lmoa

I own genesis, and a CRT TV, you're just trying to collect praise for being retro on an anonymous board, like a reddit tier faggot.

no im here to argue the value of the ios ports, and I think it's being overstated

the IOS ports run better than the genesis ones.

ITT hipsters pretend they are so cool for playing sonic on old hardware.

the performance drops on the genesis when there's a lot of sprites is unfortunate, but ultimately it only happens to players who get hurt and I've never seen it happen at a point that actually effects my playing. I think it would be nice to not have it but ultimately I don't think it would be a dramatic improvement

Sega seems to be keen on fucking everything up when they are made to look bad by STUPID GAIJIN PIGGU. See: Sonic as a pack-in title for the Sega Genesis, which kicked off the Genesis DOMINATING the US video game market, embarrassing the SHIT out of SOJ's executives for not doing the same in Japan, and Sonic Mania being the best fucking traditional Sonic game since S3&K.

you've got a really oversimplified understanding of how these things work

They never learn. Do they even bother having an American branch?

Alrighty, simpleton, please elucidate.

Why does the cuckold not shoot the bull?

Not really. The original idea had hidden palace as a place you warp to after getting all the chaos emeralds and you get the ability to go super sonic. The remaster made into an optional level that you access by falling down a pit in mystic cave and it plays out like a standard level. It’s well done and probably one of the reasons we got Mania.

First pic would be better if it was /ss/, just sayin.

I've tried playing Sanic 1&2 on a cell phone before and it feels too awkward moving my thumb on the screen to move Sonic. It just hurts my thumbs after a while.

hollaforums.com/thread/14119165/video-games/why-won-t-they-port-the-christian-whitehead-ios.html

With all the shit they were doing in Mania, I really thought they'd make a nod to Sonic 2's hidden palace. Considering it's probably the most popular "unfinished" level in the series. It almost feels like a waste just mixing more CD elements with S&K's HPZ.

But I guess maybe they didn't feel like it cause of what they did in that IOS port. Which doesn't use the correct song.

our voices live on thru internet bots that will search the same questions OP once had

There is no "correct" song, just guesses at what may have been.

What the fuck am I reading

Mystic Cave 2P was the track used in the Simon Wai beta version.

Having a unique track leftover in the final version, which only plays on that very level is enough for me to say that was what they intended to use.

That's true, but it was also a early build of the game wasn't it?

Some faggot harvesting site that trawls fullchan and applies random names to posts.

██████████████████████████████████
██░███░█░██░░░██░░░█░██░░██░███░██
██░░█░░█░█░████░████░█░██░█░░██░██
██░█░█░█░██░░███░░██░█░██░█░█░█░██
██░███░█░████░████░█░█░██░█░█░░░██
██░███░█░█░░░██░░░██░██░░██░███░██
██░░░░███░░███░██░████░░░██░░░░███
██░█████░██░██░██░████░████░███░██
██░░░███░░░░██░██░████░░███░███░██
██░█████░██░██░██░████░████░███░██
██░█████░██░██░██░░░██░░░██░░░░███

Go to bed grandpa

It's purely a bonus. It's not inserted into the regular level order. It's a secret that is only reached if you go to a very specific place in the game.

Original devs clarified that that one leftover track wasn't actually intended for Hidden Palace. It kinda bugs me too, because I also spent a lot of time thinking it obviously was for that lost level, but nope.

Because Sonic Mania

You aren't even hiding the fact that you're a contrarian.

Isaac Reyes please go.

Technically, that song was going to be used in Hidden Palace Zone, but only for a cutscene where Sonic would be granted Super Sonic powers after being teleported there upon reaching the 7th Chaos Emerald. Also, in the Sonic 1 ports, you could have access to shield abilities, Super forms, and a few brand new routes in Marble Zone. Really makes the game feel less "basic" compared to the later games.

Wait what?

This one in particular is normally reserved for Knuckles but can be accessed by Sonic and Tails one way or another. It was great that they made that level less linear and you could see that after this, Sega trusted them enough to restore a full act and boss for Hidden Palace Zone in Sonic 2 before culminating in Christian Whitehead's Sonic Discovery Studiopolis Zone pitch which then became part of Sonic Mania that we have today.

You also know that upon inserting Tails along with updated physics for the CD remaster, he wanted a brand new zone "Desert Dazzle" to be included along with a "Final Fever" boss fight that you fought after Metallic Madness which involved using all 7 Time Stones collected to destroy a more traditional giant robot boss through time travelling, right? But Sega didn't want the game to stray too far from what it was originally so they remained unused with Desert Dazzle being reborn as "Mirage Saloon" in Mania.

It's now my mega autistic Sonic headcanon that the remakes of Sonic 1, 2, and CD take place in the Classic Sonic timeline, created by the time travel in Generations, the same as Sonic Mania. They're mostly the same, but just slightly different. Now I have an autistic excuse for the differences.

Also most importantly 60fps as opposed to the 30fps of the originals.

Also something of note is that there's no massive frame drops like in the originals.

I want a Sonic and Knuckles port.

I'll knuckle your face

Shut up

You can on an Apple TV, though.

Hooking one up with the real hardware and a proper upscaler is more than it would cost for an iPad and an Apple TV. That's also assuming you manage to spend less than $20 on all four games and that your Genesis doesn't need some kind of cap replacement for acceptable sound. You would also be limited by the length of the controller cord.

Because mommy never said she loved you.

I'll sho u de wey

If I could only play one pre-Dreamcast Sonic game which would it be.

Sonic Jam on Game.com. Easily the best version of the Genesis games, but of course Sega fags disagree.

Woah

The other guy's not wrong. Sonic Jam is the best choice for a pre-Dreamcast Sonic game. I know you know the Game.com is a joke, but the Saturn version is the definitive Sonic collection with lots of cool extra shit that's never appeared anywhere else.

Sonic 3 Complete will be there for you friend.

That and Sonic 3D Blast Director's Cut.

I think 3D Blast is underrated, and the DX mod is awesome (and made by the original director), but if I was gonna recommend more Sonic games beyond the ones on Jam, obviously CD would be next, followed by Spinball, then the Game Gear platforming games (except Blast because it's shit). Then 3D Blast and R.

Tails Adventure is my personal favorite, but it's pretty different from the main series so it wouldn't be my recommendation if you're looking to get into the series.

It would be nice to have the two Game Gear games Chaos and Triple Trouble to be remade with similar physics to the Genesis ones. Or at least similar to Advance, because Triple Trouble had some nice ideas for their levels.

Someone tried

I'd say Sonic 2 is the best Game Gear game, but the first four are all very good. Definitely underrated games. Especially since people think the first two are just ports of the Genesis games.