Team Fortress 2 Vintage: v3 soon Edition

Recent news

TF2V, what is it?
TF2V is a "pre-mannconomy" version of TF2 without the visual clutter and bloat. The only QoL additions is Pyro's airblast and the Engineer building carry. As well as additions of stock gamemodes such as Payload, KotH and Arena

Downloads
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage

Mega mirror: N/A
Torrent: [Could use one]

TF2V GIT REPO

github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

github.com/bachingo/TF2Vintage

WHERE ARE THE WEAPONS?
Development is focused first on bugfixes, If/when that's all done then focus on weapons can be started. However weapons needed to be coded from the ground up, so unless you want to start that for us then don't ask for something not on anyone's radar right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo
mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v293-hotfix-3
github.com/bachingo/TF2Vintage/commits/master
synchtu.be/r/ChristmasBurgers
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v3rc1
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v300-hotfix-1
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_2013#Source_SDK_2013_on_Linux
8ch.net/cow/res/248069.html
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454135984
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=566409223
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454898427
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734461456
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973958422
github.com/ValveSoftware/Source-1-Games/issues/2475
mega.nz/#!qolzjACY!iTh8nfL0YM-kinSwZ-_mC-A1xDe1xjH57D1Aixcl17k
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v301-hotfix-1
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v301-hotfix-1-full
github.com/xJeebsx/No-Hats-Mod
mega.nz/#F!ZCYjwBaJ!B_VC2avTmsZSWnoCKF1new
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What about nonstock?

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.

What you need:
1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam. ( Just in case: mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo or mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM

Hash: 3bb2e73-d2d220-698-8376cd-1abbcfa-6781-0ad7f3e )

2. TF2V from OP.
3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4

In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/. Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.

Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.

Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.

Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.
Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.
That's it, make sure everything works.
You can look through rev.ini.

But here are the most important things:

ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help

Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.

PlayerName=Anonymous

Self explanatory, Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.

bump

I hope you're ready for some videogames this weekend faggots

got work till about 7 or so today. Also saturday I'm doing something with /m/ so there's that.

look at this cunt

Videogames in an hour or so.

I was hoping V3 would be out before videogames time, but I fell a bit behind and am now at the mercy of MSM's work schedule

It's fine, this week's not gonna be very populated in the first place because of the holidays.

Also, after thinking about IRC for a bit, specifically about how there's no way for me to leave a client up 24/7 to keep the channel going, I've sort of abandoned that idea. If anybody wants to make it, you could just use something like #TF2V on Rizon, but it's just not possible for me to keep a PC up and running all the time, or else I'd host a dedi already.

We have a discord server for this though

pls

GET IN THE SERVER IT'S TIME TO PLAY VIDEOGAMES

did I miss a patch or an update?

yes
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v293-hotfix-3

8 PLAYERS GET IN HERE YOU HOMOSEXUALS

V3 IS BEING PACKAGED. STAND BY

Gotta just upload and put it on moddb.

It's been a road but thank you. I guess next is to find people willing to code weapons for us for the final end goal.

Just in time for Christmas! Is there a place where you can see the changelogs for all releases on one page?

you can look at the commits to the repo if you want
github.com/bachingo/TF2Vintage/commits/master
that or you can look at the moddb

V3 isn't up yet. Gotta slap the binaries in. and prep it for upload to Gdrive before that.

What are you listening to while V3 uploads Holla Forums?

Still the best version

good games tonight fellas. Lets play some more tomorrow after V3 NEVER EVER

DEVANON IS PACKAGING UPDATE SOON

He'll be posting to moddb I'll be making an article and posting to the steam group.

Let's have a little pre-v3 game

watching 0080 as part of /m/ tradition atm.

synchtu.be/r/ChristmasBurgers

IT HAPPENED
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v3rc1

VERSION 3 RELEASED

VERSION 3 RELEASED

VERSION 3 RELEASED

VERSION 3 RELEASED

Never thought I see the day.

FULL CHANGELOG

Binary fixes:
+"Complete" implementation of Payload and Payload Race HUD:
-Works on every payload map
-Mostly consistent with the original
-Missing animations for hill arrows and cart "whoosh" effect
-Is not visible during preround (~5 sec period of initial spawns)
-Accurate tracking of payload progress
-Red "alert" on carts nearing the final point in a round during races
+Alarms will now sound when the cart nears the final checkpoint
+Announcer will now say attacker/defender voice lines for checkpoints
+Greentexting and Pinktexting can now be enabled and disabled clientside via the command cl_use_custom_formatting (0/1)
+Engineer haul speed reduced from 90% to 75% (pre-Gun Mettle)
+Spies will now default to the client player when disguising as a friendly
+Heal beams will no longer show on cloaked spies at dispensers
-Healing sounds will not sound as well
+Voice bubbles will no longer appear over cloaked enemy spies when using sv_alltalk 1
+Medic bonesaw taunt will now play the violin jingles
+"Powerplay" roles will now be kicked on connection to Vintage servers (subject to change)
+Payload overtime logic is now workign 100%. Overtime now plays out as in retail TF2
+Menu music resources changes to fix issues with menu music

Security Fixes:
+Servers can now use file hashing to determine genuine TF2V copies
-Should also increase boot times for servers
+Added whitelisting for addons, models, etc.
-Jingles and sprays whitelisted by default, except in fully pure servers

Combatibility fixes:
+Fixed more model errors found in maps
+Re-added support for the Jungle Inferno content
+Crit sounds now properly play when attacking
+Changed wording on Vintage options in Options screen
+Edited server.cfg for easier maplist picking
+Payload cart detonation effects now properly work
+Enabled SourceTV demo recording on servers by default

Misc fixes:
+Fixed and re-implemented concept particle systems to work with current TF2V
+Added Theater mode buttons to menus for watching demos
+Server addons package now included by default rather than a standalone installation of TF2V
+Re-added cp_cloak to maps (but not in map rotations)

We got a server up, let's get going

SERVER UP

SERVER DOWN

SERVER MIDDLE

4 gamers inside Team Fortress 2 Vintage Server

SHITTY MEME SERVER HAS ARRIVED
108.184.15.243:27015

seems like something slipped through

v3 is good to go but we might have to look into something

Downloading 4.6 gigabytes of why in the FUCK CAN'T YOU MAKE PATCHES INSTEAD FUCK

Some changes that happen at the encryption level prevent this.

Also get this, a bug manifested in the form of cart crashing if you shot it. It's fixed and will have a patch. you will need this patch. it is a tiny patch. It'll be avialable here and on moddb for those who already have V3RC1. the FULL version has already silently been swapped out with the fixed build.

I've started the download like ten minutes ago. Was it swapped by then or will I need to download the hotfix?

The fix isn't up at the moment I think so wait for the patch and grab it.

Post the link in this thread when it's done.

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v300-hotfix-1

1 PLAYERS GET IN HERE

busy now, gonna hop on a little later

please be patient this map is taking an eternity to load

What does this one mean? Is the server going to autokick spy/sniper instapickers or is it going to autokick anyone trying to class stack? That's what I'm thinking, but it says it'll kick on connection so I'm not sure.

Seconding, if it's something bullshit then people should know.

Powerplay role is a TF2C dev tag, as I've been told.

You're just gonna get banned man. And whats funnier still is you'll take time to reset your router every time in some vain attempt to show us how not mad you are.

Powerplay is a tag TF2C developers hardcoded for themselves that allows them to bypass sv_cheats 1 rules. It's how other devs like iiboharz ran around as tiny invincible allcrits flying heavies and led to part of the negative reputation TF2C had.

I'm ok with no crits in TF2V, but I believe that airblasted projectiles should mini-crit.

Is anyone for a few rounds?

Me

CHIRSTMAS EVE GAME 4 OF US IN GOGOGOGOGOGO

6 people on

Downloading the patch, RIP

I join the server and it's a shit map

Shit doesn't work on linux.

be specific

Inputs don't work, no sound.

go to the git repo and compile it for linux

can't, visual studio

if you want to try it yourself
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_2013#Source_SDK_2013_on_Linux
I'm sorry my binaries aren't working user. I'll try recompiling them later

GET IN THE SERVER YOU WORTHLESS NIGLETS

also, merry christmas!

user you're 3 hours late

user are you sure it doesn't work?

Lunix is the epitome of Works On My Machine. This isn't surprising.

it doesn't help that source is x86 only

So how about that TF2C release huh?

Story

how embarassing

600+ days.

Keep in mind they had a YEAR ADVANTAGE over us with five times the developers and beta testers, and we still put out our massive content update when we said we would (before Christmas) while their update is still behind lock and key for a (((closed group))) of players to only play and is still delayed. What's more hilarious is that they supposedly told their (((closed group))) of testers what the release date would be but never to any of the filthy beta 4 players, leaving to even more friction between the fanbase. I could only imagine the reaction of beta 4 players when a triumvirate of anime watchers manages to release project goals faster and more openly than a dedicated, experienced game developer team of two and a half dozen.

God this is Holla Forums beats reddit in Tribes all over again

Wew lad. Reminder he is a 16 year old homosexual who wore a MAGA cap to school daily and got bullied for it. He also told furries and homos to go kill themselves but thinks there's nothing gay about gay anal sex. He really is the most pathetic person I've ever known on here. Pic related, it's him. This thread and it's archives has info on this dumb motherfucker.
8ch.net/cow/res/248069.html

We know.

We're free of him here. He is upset as fuck this mod exists. All those "memes" are him.

In any case merry christmas Holla Forums

I'm aware, he even managed to get into the (((closed group))) of testers despite having a complete and utter hatred for SJWs- at least when they're not developing the game he's addicted to. Funny how he threw all of his character out the window when it was exposed he was as big of a degenerate if not more than the people he was permabanning from the game during its prime.

You could argue that TF2C's downfall can be expressed in Alphablaster's conquest of trying to make TF2C his ideal circlejerk while being a massive hypocrite as part one, while the lack of updates or transparency to anyone outside of the (((closed group))) causing a massive circlejerk leading to fanbase and player abandonment as part two. It was only inevitable for part three to happen which is the fracture of Classic into Vintage and the conflict resulting from Classic trying to wage war against Vintage for existing.

It's open source when they want it to be open source, then closed source when they find it inconvenient and people are actually looking at their code. The consensus by Holla Forums is that they used open source as a buzzword without understanding that open source means anyone can look at it at anytime to add/remove shit to the code and/or fork existing code into something new. It's why they threw a shitfit and claimed TF2 Vintage was running off of "stolen code" despite the code being open source and free for anyone to use or modify.

Since around earlier this year they've locked off the code for TF2C as closed source, claiming that the people looking at it are only hackers or trolls. Unfortunately for them, TF2 Vintage runs off of the open source code used before that and is licensed the same way. Feel free to look at the code here: github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

Anybody want to play sum games today?

I'd love to user but I can't

all of these are the exact fucking same game, save for a few features that are added/removed.
i don't fucking get it.

FUCK OFF DISCORD JUNKIES

Thing is they aren't aside from being TF2

07 is the game was it was at launch,Classic went pants on head retarded and is more or less just deathmatch with Sonic OC characters. Vintage is a planned "pre-mannconomy" version of TF2. That includes the weapons that came out pre-mannconomy

The discord is a normalfag containment.

lole

More or less they tried to use open source to bum free work off of people.

Angry developer, or zealous beta tester?

holy shit we've got a live one here

Hah.

Thank you, user.

What the fuck is going on here?

From what I've gathered:

I thought we hated communism, but apparently there's no shortage of anons wanting demanding the redistribution of the source code..

You again?

?

0/10, apply yourself.

Not even close

what gets me is that v1 of TF2V was made in a matter of days while TF2C devs still haven't bothered to make a proper update

Ah, that explains. Thanks.

The only succesful TF2-related thing that anons have made was Gang Garrison 2D. Sad that game is dead now though.

V1 was made in a matter of days by one user. The dev team has been four at most for Vintage.
It's taken TF2C over 600 days and almost forty developers to release their update, which in half the time Vintage released 3 major updates to the game.

Why did you bother to post in the thread you haven't even read?

Here's your spoonfeed:

As for the…
…part: educate yourself, nigger.

Want to point out that where was one sjw (or just some degro trap) developer/mapper (iibo) who wanted to go of the develpment and tried to delete her/his work from tf2c, even if it's a collaboration.
Don't know it's true, but in discord they claimed that some maps and artworks will be deleted/already deleted because of this.

Seriously? Reddit? is that a joke?

A good lesson why companies own the copyrights to the artists' work.

Also first.
Open Source is open source, but couldn't they just private code from the upcoming update and then release it into open branch?

HOW ABOUT

GET ON THE SERVER CUNTS

I don't care if it's gonna be a 2v2, start playing videogames

Nope. Reddit was the very early days, before Facepunch moved in. Facepunch is what ruined the dev team of TF2C.

Iibo is a tranny who ran around cheating using the powerplay role on TF2C and got banned from Holla Forums servers for cheating. The other lead dev Daniels (the one whose repository was used for Vintage) is a suicidal albino who threatened to kill himself if people stop playing Classic.

Not really. Seemed they wanted people to selflessly add to the public code they had up while they took the credit but when anyone else worked on the code on things they didn't like it was stealing. That is why they made it closed source; it was never a true open source project to begin with.

Is anyone for hightower?

So for new years eve people wanna play?

I'm also thinking of streaming again, this time the original MSG

Do you wanna play now?

let pey bido gam

i finally got my new computer set up so you negros better be ready to play

let's play right now faggot

9 players on

seriously though can we just have bunnyhopping on always?

As fun as it is, it would be better not to have fat scouts traveling at lightspeed across the map all the time.

Agreed. Save it for CTF maps or the meme maps/

let it be known that RED won the war of hightower

gay

Anyone want to play right now?

neat

4 on MemeShit with one person joining

11 people get in here you massive gays

Maps to add, bachingo
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454135984
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=566409223
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454898427
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734461456
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973958422

no
doesn't work

I'll add the rest though

players when

NOW
If anyone else wants to

is anyone on?

I'll get on if we can get more than two people

ok fine i'm on let's fuckin do it

four people on get the fuck in here

When are we playing tonight anons?

Game night tonight

kinda hard to game night with no one else on

let's do this

sorry about that user it's fixed now I promise

SERVER SHOULD BE OK GOOD NOW

3 people in

Anyone for a few rounds tonight?

anyone wanna play?

I'm on now

new year's eve tf2 gogogo

12 PEOPLE RIGHT NOW
GET IN

surewhynot

Wait a fugging sec.
What's the server address?

infinity.moe

108.184.15.243:27015

HAPPY NEW YEARS

also

WEW MARK

The server just crashed and I'm not being rused?

=WE=

No, the server didn't crash. We decided to fuck off because nobody was joining.
but there's 2 people on right now if you want to bully them.

==NO STYLE NO GRACE==>>14077971

6 players get in here

I would have played the entire weekend if I had any idea this was happening.

This isn't dead?

Story in a nutshell.

You remember how years ago 4chan BTFO Reddit in a match of Tribes? Same shit here, except this time it's Holla Forums that BTFO Fagpunch in TF2 modding.

Somebody needs to make the next Holla Forums-play thread a Tribes 2 one. Hell, even I will join because I will destroy you all and that's all this laptop can handle.

What are the player counts like?

Depends on the time of day and the week. Weekdays are 4-6 players, weekends 6-12 players and scheduled gamenights have gone up to 32. The max supported is 128.

this is optimistic

In other news: github.com/ValveSoftware/Source-1-Games/issues/2475

VAC was a mistake

According to the code the max the game can handle without issues is 32. there's a comment from valve in the coding that basically tells you "god help you if you try to run a server with more than this"

Would also like to add, typically someone posts in here, goycord and steam then get announcements for people to join

Is the mod even alive?

Yeah. We just play usually on weekends.

bump

Anyone up for a game or two?

I still wanna hang out and burn stuff with the pyro

anyone gonna play?

okay

5 PLAYERS GET IN HERE

6 people

7 on sudden death, MemeShit

10 people

up with the thread

Wouldnt it be easier to make a custom 2018 tf server? Or are you trying to avoid 20gb of hats altogheter?

Yep, basically this avoids having to download shit no one wants

bump. Gamenight this week

IS IT TIME?

SOON

HOW SOON?

Now

3V3 LET'S GO

I want to play. How do I install this crap?

Use basic reading comprehension

Here's the House Sets for anyone who wanted them
mega.nz/#!qolzjACY!iTh8nfL0YM-kinSwZ-_mC-A1xDe1xjH57D1Aixcl17k

I can play a bit tomorrow. work has me doing closing shifts

We have IDs here, faggot

samefag kike

Let's go

maybe if we had more than 4 people

anyone want to play?

Why don't we use the good old one?

explain

Old icon

I hope this is still alive, I plan on finally focusing enough to have this shit installed and running by the weekend, hope to see some of you clowns then.

maybe we should actually try to vaguely organize a game night. i tried playing last weekend but either no one was playing, or i just missed everything.

Problem is no one does @here in the goycord and I'm the only one for the steam group that can send out announcements so it cuts off the normalfags that only look there.

I need to get devanon to add someone else trustworthy

Alright got it working, no one is online but I honestly expected that. Really like the way it looks and runs, so here's hoping you people can scratch enough players together this weekend to have a good old time. I'll pass it to some friends, too to see if they want in.
What's a good night look like on these servers anyways?

On weekends it's usually 4-6, on weekends anywhere from 6-12 depending on interest. The ability to post events publicly when people are playing should help alert people when games are going.

Forgot to mention, max playersize for TF2V is 128 players. Peak playercount we ever had simultaneously was 30 or so. Maybe we can reach that number again someday.

b-bane sauce, you a-aren't here, are y-you?

Nani?

No fuck off.

tf2 is gmod

ur a gmod

games today?

According to Steam group, in just over two hours.

False advertising or not Eastern time, place is a ghost town currently.

Place is a ghost town.

It says it's on 5 here, time's currently 4:22

Ice cream? I love ice cream!

PEOPLE ARE PLAYING, JOIN GUYS

>11 people actually playing
what the fuck

Why did I expect anything different. Also the flooded Turbine map was shit

yes it was

14 PEOPLE COME ON AND SLAM

good shit

Did you record the spy game?

ON THE PLUS SIDE the sourceTV recordings will have it

Was good fun, a bit laggy but 7v7 was a good size for a little bit and who needs to aim when you pack Pyro. Here's hoping we can get another good set of games before the weekend is through.

bach tries with his fun server. Biggest reason it gets traffic is because of it.

Today is Saturday, I'm sure they will be people willing to play. The only issue is, at which hour.

just post in the thread, make an announcment in the steam group and if someone is in the goycord make one there too.

The hour? IT'S CLEARLY NOW

Come on fags 3v2

anyone up to play?

Team Fortress 2 Classic is being split into two mods.

source?

I cannot give it sadly, however Deathmatch is being made into its own game and TF2C is being left behind. If you doubt that I am legit then you will see over time.

Checked their (((disagreement))) and there's nothing on this, except for somebody leaving their elite e-peen beta testing group recently.

Of course they will not mention it publicly.
You will see soon user.

The questions is: Is that permanent, or they split it up just to already release something? I an see it as a partial release, where one half of the mod gets released first end the second half is merged into first half upon release.

they're probably taking my original suggestion to Eon to cut out the TF2 and focus on DM and make it their own thing.

CHANGELOG

CHANGELOG

Thanks god, finally.

Ideally there should be multiple chats, like the text chat in Quake III. Something like…
…but I doubt it's even possible in Source.

That's for LARPy or comp fags though, all talk is good as is.

agreed.

Gonna put up a full of 3.0.1 because I feel like the entire thing should be idiot proofed. I'll put up the 3.0.1 full for those new to the mod or looking for an fresh install. the patch version will remain the same.

I'd rather play TF2

right so posted the full 3.0.1 to the moddb incase people don't wanna have to download 2 things or need a fresh install

tf2c client got leaked because the developers hate each other and one of them wanted to split it into two mods while the other wanted to keep everything in one

REALLY IMPORTANT FIX FOR A BUG I MISSED LIKE A RETARD
patch: moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v301-hotfix-1

full version: moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v301-hotfix-1-full

let them do that. they'll bleed people. Again if we had the same level of coverage they had it would be EZ

Why don't we have the same level of coverage?

No clue. But I've personally tried contacting people like VNN and shit like that.

I know cuckchan hates this because we allow non-steam users to play.

that's probably because we only play twice a fucking week and shitpost like madmen while doing it

thing is I've told VNN to come find us on a weekend or even pop in on the goycord since I know normalfags use it and would be a good way to coordinate.

It's also better we don't constantly play because it'd just burn people out.

so what, we just give up and circlejerk like madmen while trying to bump the thread?
when it inevitably dies the ride'll be over, you know

Never said that. what we're doing right now is fine. The best we can do is spread the word via word of mouth

I don't think VNN will ever join you guys because he's too busy getting his cock sucked by the faggots in the tf2classic beta (tm) server

Fair enough. Again the best we can do then is to tell people about this. Just spreading the word alone will reach more people

That being said maybe this friday and whatnot we can get another gamenight going

Guys, you realise you suck your own cock in this thread?
No one is gonna join you if you can't develop anything that is more than just "patch on top of someones mod". Like guys, everything you have is a guys who can work with code and can sort files in vpk archives (which is nice). Like why even bother. Thus mod is dead.

But they are.

May I suggest not typing like a total faggot? It would help your cause.

Evenin' Alphablaster, how's life?

Yes, i choosed the wrong word.
People will not cover you in videos/posts. There is nothing to cover except for drama and shit.

Just curious: is there some sort of mod for current year TF2 that pretty much makes the game not display hats and skins?

nope

skins are part of the game, you'd have to make a plugin to remove them and even then that's bloat ontop of bloat.

You also chose a language that isn't your first. Scamper back to TF2Circlejerk

?
And please tell me if there is something special to tf2v that makes it special.

There is as i remember, nohatsmod. All it's do is just somehow it breaks the model rendering. But it doesn't prevent bodygroups from hiding itself, so you will encounter legless demomans/scouts and other things like that.
github.com/xJeebsx/No-Hats-Mod

Why?

I don't think you understand the point of this mod user. also

I think you're a very special user who should come play with us sometime

Gamenight when?

How autistic are you?

Yeah, there's not way you're not Assblaster himself. Get the fuck out of here.

I think he should know english better than me.

Already played some time ago. It's the same experience as playing on vanilla tf2 server where only 6 players left and you just hang out doing shit.

Game night when.

Is everyone just skipping on gamenight again?

what the fuck
GET IN CUNTS

There's a Xonotic gamenight going on, maybe all the players are there.

There's 5 of us on right now

did you get the latest hotfix? there was a bug i fixed regarding connection crashing

Yeah, i'm using the latest '(FULL)' version from moddb.

my problem has nothing to do with connecting to servers.
The game just straight up crashes when loading on startup.
I'm linuxfag btw

fuggg :DDD
I'll see what I can do user. I'm not very good at building and debugging linux

Alright, i'll be waiting.

we're on a not shit map come play

Could always help us user. If we have native linux users helping with linux compiles it goes faster and smoother

Download hotfix again and apply, should work.

TO ANYONE GETTING THE SERVER USES DIFFERENT CLASS TABLE ERROR
update your game dummy

It's not working.

check to see if it's SDK2013

you legit or using revemu

user he's running linux

legitfag I don't think linux has revemu in any case i've reinstalled it several times already.
I don't have this problem with older versions of tf2v

i'll do a fresh recompile later user. It just won't be ready tonight

Fair enough.

after a lot of bullshit i finally got it working i think
let me know if shit breaks again, it really helps

IF YOU'RE A LINUXFAG DOWNLOAD THIS
link: mega.nz/#F!ZCYjwBaJ!B_VC2avTmsZSWnoCKF1new

ayyyy thanks

so how much space does this version of Team Fortress 2 take?
are there any european players?

10 gigs uncomprrssed which is 30 gigs les than retail, EU yes but there are only iffy US servers

We have a leaf who usually has a ping of 900+ and still plays though

If that's you bilbo despite your latency it's still fun to watch you try

No, I'm, not bilbo, I'm the 200 ping pyro who can't set a single player on fire because of the ping and pyro's old problems.

I only play the pyro to puff and airblast so I can axe someone's face in. My latency might be awful and unstable, but I'm not so stupid as to rely killing with a weapon that only registers damage 10% of the time. Every class I play is reduced to melee and shotgun, pyro just makes it more hilarious.

I'd rather not have Gabe Newell pozz my machine, is the Holla Forums server nosteam? If I can connect without it expect another regular player.

Yeah but it said you'd only be able to connect to no-steam servers and cracked servers have a reputation of being fucking shit and full of cheaters so I don't want to install this and find out the only people I can play against are a bunch of Ruskies and BRs while Holla Forums is having a circlejerk with cunts from reddit in the steamgroup.

I'm going to ask you take a microsecond to find out exactly who plays this shit.

Come play with us Friday and don't be a little bitch about it

NEW THREAD

So basically a bunch of normalniggers since you fags are coordinating using disagreement.