Conspiracy theories

Why do people believe in absolutely insane conspiracy theories? Many of these people seem to see patterns behind everything. Are they just autistic? I've always liked to listen to these guys, it's just fascinating to me. Many of them seem to think anyone who disagrees with me is with the satanic Illuminati or something similar. Are these people legitimately mentally ill?
Here's an example of *P U R E I D E O L O G Y*
youtube.com/watch?v=8BT_kUv5JVE

I feel like the crazy conspiracy theories are very useful to the ruling class as it allows them to just easily dismiss anyone who points out their bullcrap as a nutty conspiracy theorist. Nevertheless, many of these people are legitimately just crazy.

a conspiracy theory is a premature connecting of the dots. that doesn't necessarily mean the dots aren't real. you can come to all sorts of insane conclusions by selectively using real facts and legitimate phenomena.

It may be useful to the ruling class. But that doesn't really prove anything. There is a distinction here. These people are starting with there wacky conclusions and then pick and choose evidence. If I was to the US is essentially an oligarchy/plutocracy I could back this claim up with a lot of evidence.

The vigilante christian believes those things because he has a literal mental disorder and is high on Christianity in the worst way possible.

This, but we also have to say the definition of conspiracy theories is pretty broad and even though it is associated with a lot of things that are patently false a lot of conspiracy theories are true in the literal sense of people in power conspiring against the common folk. Or a more nebulous less specific group of people conspiring against others.

Inversely the most dangerous conspiracies are the falsehoods governments put out. The conspiratorial belief put forward by the US government that Saddam was "conspiring" to use weapons of mass destruction was the most blatant lie ever and the most tinfoil of tinfoil conspiracies and yet it is still believed through willful ignorance by forty percent of the American public.

They just want the world to be like a Spy Novel or 1984 where they can LARP as the hero against "da joos" or "da loomanati"

Most conspiracy theories are a disinfo-conspiracy by the secret elite ruling class.

"Conspiracy Theory" is a slur invented by the CIA in the 50s to discredit people and discard their opinions without having to debate them. Some guys stated later on record they were being paid by secret service agencies to convince their family and friends that they did indeed see UFOs to make them look crazy.

The word "conspiracy theory" has no inherent value. Technically everything is a conspiracy theory once people meet behind closed doors to plan matters that are being conducted away from the general public or are simply exceeding their legal competences given by the state apparatus - and this happens every fucking day. Conspiracies happened during the last 5000 years of human history, there is no reason to believe they don't happen anymore in an adjusted form within our modern society with its checks and balances.

If you are talking about people who believe in crazy stuff - like lizard people and a flat earth - there is already a term for that: Paranoia. "Conspiracy Theorist' is a political term that has proven itself to be effective in removing certain topics from the public debate. It's so effective because the people who are accused of being a conspiracy theorist feel an immediate sense of confirmation that have found the rabbit hole but that they need to get deeper. Once you exclude someone from the public discourse, he will become a social outcast and eventually come to ridiculous conclusions because he was pretty much gaslighted by the ruling class. That's how Holla Forums came to the conclusion all evil is being caused by a global occult Jewish cabal.

So don't be stupid and use ruling class terminology like "conspiracy theory".

I believe in crazy conspiracy theories because if you look at the policies from most elected governments in the world yuou will start to see that right wing isn't a spectrum of political theories or ideas. It's organized crime. So i wouldn't be surprised if behind the cameras those people plan a lot of crazy shit.
I.e. I completely believe that this new resurgence of flat earth is a counter conspiracy theory to keep the mases entertained and make peopel like me look even crazier.

How many layers of Ideology are you on? Do you have any proof for this claim? Sounds like your pulling this out of your ass.
"I completely believe that this new resurgence of flat earth is a counter conspiracy theory to keep the mases entertained and make people like me look even crazier."

This guy actually makes more sense than most of the other conspiracies out there.

Did you read my post? It's proven that people were paid to claim that there are UFOs out there.

This is how they work and it's really not that unrealistic if you think about it.

100% REAL DOCUMENTS BY US GOV PROVE ALIENS IN AREA51
Adam Curtis mentioned this in Hypernormalization.
Some dude who lived there had made photos of new secret military planes so some shill contacted him and gave him government-made documents that said this was UFOs and aliens and shit.
So in this particular case, the people who believed in that shit were actually acting rationally and healthy whereas the rest fell for appeal to authority and other fallacies.

Other times people are just retarded or insane. It's probably the same reason why some people are convinced their religion is real.
Maybe a mild form of schizophrenia? Maybe there are different illnesses resulting in the same symptoms.

I read your post..
[citation needed]

Even If what you said is true.. It doesn't prove that all of these other things are true such as "flat earth is a counter conspiracy". All it shows is that it is possible. But that isn't evidence.

See

It's in HyerNormalisation after arround 1/3 of the movie

It doesn't mean they have to be "on to something". It's just a way to keep groups that form themselves outside of the discourse standards of the ruling class in check to irredeemably discredit them.

It's naive to think they they wouldn't do this, they have done it in the 80s and nowadays you can do it ten times easier and more budget friendly by not having to pay people off or to infiltrate some meeting but by simply shitpost on a imageboard.

Posadism when?

Sounds like a conspiracy
nothing secret about porky

i'm confronted more and more with people who put feel over reel.
worse, those people are completely blinded by hatred, they don't even function rationally anymore .

things have change, we're not talking about those inoffensive tinfoil hats who think the US gov is hiding aliens.
we're talking about very aggressive people who believe in anuddah shoah and muslim plots.

those people are purely driven by hate.

just recently, i was reading the comment section of an article about LePen and how she publicly ADMITTED that she stole money from the EU.
you wouldn't believe how many comments were like:

i think some medias are right, we're in a post truth world where logic and reason don't really matter anymore.
its all about feels and primitive tribal instincts.

You don't know what that word means.

I kind of envy them tbh.
Looking for proof there were no airplanes anywhere in the world on 9/11 would be far more fun and far less depressing than reading Mrs. Thatcher and the propagandistic think-tanks. Something that sounds crazy and conspiratorial but has generalisable evidence. (And by all accounts is a pretty legitimate "conspiracy" under present politics, even in part announced in advance.)

The world would be a much cooler place if black helicopters disappeared people instead of carrying executives to shareholder meetings that disappear people's livelihoods.