Half-Life 2

Can someone explain this to me? What did Valve mean by this?

Valve doesn't understand how guns work and they still don't

To be honest HL2 had some shit weapon selection.

Might as well complain that virtually every game developer pretends the SPAS-12 is a pump action shotgun primarily, when that mode is only used with weaker, usually non-lethal, shells.

The second barrel is clearly underneath, retard.
Over-under master race.

Does it matter? Their games aren't exactly military sims.

Ah yes, this one not pictured. I never understood logic behind its shitty damage.

That's the ammunition tube, idiot. Where do you think the shells go when they're loaded?

Into the ruse chamber.

never underestimate /k/ autism

It's kind of sad that DICE, despite being complete and utter soy eating faggots, get the weapons right, down to autistic details.

What do all games mean by this?????

Why can't they be autistic about games that matter though? Who the fuck plays a game with a gun that manipulates gravity and bitches about the shotgun looking goofy?

Balance reasons. There wouldn't be much point in using anything but a shotgun if they were as lethal up close as they were mid range.

in the stock, duh

WE'VE HAD THIS THREAD SIX MILLION TIMES ALREADY

inb4 someone mentions the invisible grenade launcher on the SMG
or the fact that you have infinite pheromone pods without resupply
or the combine AR having obstructed sights
or how the crossbow has enough energy to heat rebar to the point where they glow with a single, regular earth design battery that is apparently never changed

the guns in HL1 didn't seem to have these problems besides the grenade launcher seemingly reloading itself, not to mention the experimental weapons actually made sense and did cool things, like the gauss gun penetrating walls and the like.

The weapons in HL1 and HL2 are mostly the same except HL1 is actually fun and HL2 is a piece of shit cinematic game.

Video games map size don't accomodate for that kind of realism but it's still pretty shitty that you can't use your shotgun outside of a 5m radius.

Holy shit count me in. Whenever I play with this gun in Garry's Mod, I noticed that it takes about 1.5 second to kill an enemy. I feel that it should be lower than 1 second since it's fire rate is very fast.

Ever heard of range dumbass?

Ehh I loved the crossbow. Makes me feel like I'm stealthy. Also if there's a Combine near a wall and you shoot him with the bow, the fucker sticks onto the wall. Not only is it funny but you get to make a small neat exhibit for yourself to look at.

The Dancing Ragdoll

And he got away with that too.

I still prefer the arsenal in FEAR.

it's a video game

And barely any game takes advantage of ammo types.
Pellets for mid-range, slugs for afar.

Armor grades could do this trick better to avoid the OP factor of the shotgun, but would require actual effort.

It doesn't just "look goofy" the developers went full retard and thought the tube was a second barrel. The developer shouldn't've based their guns on real life weapons in a retarded fashion.

2 barrels OP it's not hard to see.