Half-Life 2

Samuel Richardson
Samuel Richardson

"press M2 to fire both barrels"
shotgun only has one barrel
Can someone explain this to me? What did Valve mean by this?

Cooper Gutierrez
Cooper Gutierrez

Valve doesn't understand how guns work and they still don't

Aiden Hernandez
Aiden Hernandez

To be honest HL2 had some shit weapon selection.

John Cooper
John Cooper

Might as well complain that virtually every game developer pretends the SPAS-12 is a pump action shotgun primarily, when that mode is only used with weaker, usually non-lethal, shells.

Juan Hernandez
Juan Hernandez

The second barrel is clearly underneath, retard.
Over-under master race.

Isaiah Rogers
Isaiah Rogers

Does it matter? Their games aren't exactly military sims.

Parker Phillips
Parker Phillips

Ah yes, this one not pictured. I never understood logic behind its shitty damage.

Cooper Williams
Cooper Williams

That's the ammunition tube, idiot. Where do you think the shells go when they're loaded?

Sebastian Russell
Sebastian Russell

Into the ruse chamber.

Caleb Brown
Caleb Brown

never underestimate /k/ autism

Michael Taylor
Michael Taylor

It's kind of sad that DICE, despite being complete and utter soy eating faggots, get the weapons right, down to autistic details.

Daniel Martinez
Daniel Martinez

shotguns up close will obliterate anything
shotguns from afar are bb-gun tier
What do all games mean by this?????

Brandon Foster
Brandon Foster

Why can't they be autistic about games that matter though? Who the fuck plays a game with a gun that manipulates gravity and bitches about the shotgun looking goofy?

Jace Flores
Jace Flores

Balance reasons. There wouldn't be much point in using anything but a shotgun if they were as lethal up close as they were mid range.

Nathaniel Scott
Nathaniel Scott

in the stock, duh

Grayson Allen
Grayson Allen

WE'VE HAD THIS THREAD SIX MILLION TIMES ALREADY

Isaac Robinson
Isaac Robinson

unsatisfying gun sounds (especially the USP god damn)
"swings" (read: punches with) crowbar like a retard
surprised the guns work by some bullshit magic internals
inb4 someone mentions the invisible grenade launcher on the SMG
or the fact that you have infinite pheromone pods without resupply
or the combine AR having obstructed sights
or how the crossbow has enough energy to heat rebar to the point where they glow with a single, regular earth design battery that is apparently never changed

the guns in HL1 didn't seem to have these problems besides the grenade launcher seemingly reloading itself, not to mention the experimental weapons actually made sense and did cool things, like the gauss gun penetrating walls and the like.

bitches but bumps

Parker Walker
Parker Walker

The weapons in HL1 and HL2 are mostly the same except HL1 is actually fun and HL2 is a piece of shit cinematic game.

Liam Ward
Liam Ward

hurrr muh sage is a downvote guise!1!!1 ;PP

Angel Parker
Angel Parker

Video games map size don't accomodate for that kind of realism but it's still pretty shitty that you can't use your shotgun outside of a 5m radius.

Lucas Peterson
Lucas Peterson

Holy shit count me in. Whenever I play with this gun in Garry's Mod, I noticed that it takes about 1.5 second to kill an enemy. I feel that it should be lower than 1 second since it's fire rate is very fast.

Josiah Collins
Josiah Collins

Ever heard of range dumbass?

Blake Morris
Blake Morris

Ehh I loved the crossbow. Makes me feel like I'm stealthy. Also if there's a Combine near a wall and you shoot him with the bow, the fucker sticks onto the wall. Not only is it funny but you get to make a small neat exhibit for yourself to look at.

The Dancing Ragdoll

Brody Hall
Brody Hall

And he got away with that too.

Ethan Young
Ethan Young

I still prefer the arsenal in FEAR.

Nicholas Lopez
Nicholas Lopez

it's a video game

Hudson Ward
Hudson Ward

And barely any game takes advantage of ammo types.
Pellets for mid-range, slugs for afar.

Armor grades could do this trick better to avoid the OP factor of the shotgun, but would require actual effort.

Cameron Flores
Cameron Flores

Why can't they be autistic about games that matter though?
Who the fuck plays a game with a gun that manipulates gravity and bitches about the shotgun looking goofy?
It doesn't just "look goofy" the developers went full retard and thought the tube was a second barrel. The developer shouldn't've based their guns on real life weapons in a retarded fashion.

Ayden Lopez
Ayden Lopez

2 barrels OP it's not hard to see.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit