Japanese shooters

When it comes to third-person/first-person shooters, it seems like there's a grasping at straws for titles coming out of Japan. So, I'm curious as to what other ones exist aside from the titles pictured above.

Is Devil's Third actually good? I have been told is shite.

Starting off with one that's popular over there.

apparently it's pretty fun, but suffers from underpowered hardware issues (Wii U). It really needed released on another console/PC

Just remembered these three.

Why do the Japs spell out English names in their own characters, rather than name their game something intelligible to their own people, and then translate it to something intelligible in English? Is it just a case of them thinking that English sounds cool, or a are they trying to keep consistency in international markets or something?

Isn't Gungrave Sega? I remember that game being breddy fun.

E.X. Troopers
Time Crisis 4 (Extra Mission)
Time Crisis: Razing Storm. (Story Mission)
Dino Stalker
Resident Evil Survivor Serie
Shadow of the damned
Ghost in the Shell (PSX)
WinBack Series

Sucks really hard, the online multiplayer portion is gone forever even the PC one.

Would really like to see a Japanese take on FPS. Also despite cover based third person shooters being primarily a western thing, the Japanese basically invented the genre with Winback and Kill.Switch, unless there are games released before then that I am not aware of.

Binary Domain was pretty neato

See

Breakdown is one of the coolest FPS games ever.

My guess is that they get terms from western media because they think that we're using it formally. Tactics Ogre was named after a Queen song and a lot of Jojo Stands were named after other songs.

yes

I enjoyed it, has a solid PC port to.

Yes. It runs buttery smooth.

Japs cant into gameplay unless its some casual bullshit with at leat one gimmick you can exploit to break the game and easily avoid the real challenge

Bingo

resident evil 4 and 5

Just turn off the voice control gimmick.

Actually it was a bit shit on release but it's since been patched.

Enemy Zero is survival horror you dumb nigger.

It's the best naming convention honestly
You avoid the perils of localization changing shit entirely, and you get a name that sounds good and not retarded in both languages

Pretty sure that's because Matsuno is a Queen fan.
Same concept; Araki is westaboo who listens to American and British music.

I think you may have replied to the wrong user.

So is F.E.A.R..

Nope, Binary Domain is crippled with Steam DRM.

If I had to guess I'd say they are poor translations of the titles they come up with in Japanese. A lot of them have broken grammar for no reason, to me it sounds like they are using their grammar but with English words.

This thread and OP is fucking retarded.

Fear is survival horror in name only. Trying to survive in fear is easy unless faceless stormtrooper types scare you into a paralysis.

I found vanquish boring as fuck when it came out for PC. I don't understand the hype at all.

MGS is a stealth game though.

might be because you're boring

its just a generic gears of war clone with slow motion and sliding

Do rail shooters count? If so, Sin and Punishment for the N64 and Sin and Punishment: Star Successor for the Wii.

Kenji Eno RIP.

PS3/Xbox 360/PC developed game funded by THQ, sadly THQ died and then Nintendo needed some boost in third-party games, so they picked it up.

No, it isn't. It's an FPS with horror aesthetics.

has there ever been a western rail shooter?

That one Dead Space game on the Wii.

Western as in "Developed in the West" or Western as in "The Wild West" (Of these games pictured, only Wild Guns was developed in Japan)?

Seung-Hui Cho is my favorite jap shooter.

He is gook, not jap

Depends what you mean. I'm a US Citizen, born in the US, and my first language is English. On the other hand, I didn't drop out of high school, I can read without moving my lips, I wear glasses, I have a passport, and I'm brown. So by one standard I am American, and by another I'm an illegal voter terrorist foreigner migrant who is literally destroying this country just by existing.

Also, I've been playing shooters in 7 different states for the last 36 years with people of all races, including Illinois, and I've never heard anyone suggest that Japanese shooters are just "titles".

That being said, I have never played a Japanese Shooter with a black family, unless you count a black chick I lived with in college and she never mentioned anything like this. I'm guessing it might be an archaic term from the Great Migration, maybe localized to some communities in the South Side of Chicago and outside of the Chicago area? Regardless, you're talking in the wrong place, friendo.

hi Holla Forums

Did the japanase ever made a Doom clone in the 90's?

Half-Life 2 Survivor

japan why

Those are cabal shooters dummy, not rail shooters. Note the difference, it's pretty obvious.

best robots damage system also loved the weapons upgrades.

I remember playing that on vita. It wasnt actually half bad. Missions sort of got boring but the core combat was pretty good actually, and the bosses and larger enemies were pretty fun to take down. Shame pvp was a tire fire and it never caught on, if the game got a PC release I would totally give it another go. And apparently the team responsible for it was working on something afterwords.

You have been tricked again.

Would Killer7 count as a shooter?

Resident Evil 5 and 6 are standard TPS. They have vestigial remnants of survival horror but are without a doubt first and foremost shooters.