Random PC ports

gematsu.com/2017/10/sphinx-cursed-mummy-coming-pc-november-10

I'm not complaining, but what's up with this trend of seemingly random ass games you forgot existed getting PC ports out of nowhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/wpKiZ
archive.is/LW7zN
wccftech.com/koei-tecmo-steam-multi-platform/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

videogame industry crashing so they're porting over easy shit from the 360 for some quick cash.

Publishers saw the profit on steam. It would be a waste to not release it for them. Its cheap and it will continue to bring profit later on sales and stuff, maybe occasionally get more popular,

Who knows, probably a way to make a quick buck. but more games for me. so fuck it.

I am the most glad for Nioh port btw.

I don't think any of those games where on 360

Yeah but there was some demand for Nioh, Bayonetta and Vanquish at least.

My guesses would be :
Or it's done by third party studios and is basically making profit off a dead IP, night dive studios is what comes to mind mainly.

People are cottoning onto the fact that there's a market on PC for old shit that never got a port. Now they're playing the "what have we got?" game.

I don't see anything wrong with this at all, Voodoo Vince would have died on the XBOX otherwise.

Yeah this does tend to work I was hype as all hell when Turok 1 and 2 got remastered.

I just wish they finished Exhumed, but they're probably still working on Turok 3 remastered to finish up the trilogy.
Same small team, they're slow, but its quality work

What you boys want to see? The Ninja Gaiden games would be cool. Never got around to playing those.

WHEN THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN
IM PIRATING THE SHIT OUT OF THIS RIGHT NOW

I think I saw Nightdive's Turok rerelease had some new features added, is this true?

METAL WOLF CHAOS, DEVOLVER PROMISED IT

First game was a fairly straight port, cleaned up and 60fps. You have an option to toggle the N64 fog, which is nice.
Turok 2 adds the option to grab ledges, and has optional objective markers, some new maps for multiplayer.
I think both games revamped the saving system to something more typical of PC games, but not sure about that.

Yeah, shittons of options and Turok 2 adds content from the N64 version.
It really good, it not running like shit was good enough, but they really went full out with these source ports.

Its Vanquish's port all over again.
Lets hope to receive a update mids 2018, at least.

Publishers are probably realizing that tons of people game on the PC and don't want to keep up with the various consoles.

DOAX3 on the PC, when?

This is the Remaster Gen after all.
People are buying more remasters than actual new IPs nowadays.

Venus Vacation

Part of the reason being because new games are mostly fucking shit.

Did they promise it? Last I remember they just said they had contacted From Software about it and then all news about it went silent from there.

It's coming out next Tuesday.

And despite the piracy bogyman, it'll keep making money as the years passes. Specially if the game is a decent or desired title to be on PC and the port isnt a total trash.

Niceee

A Steambot Chronicles PC port would be great because that would fix the only two flaws the game had, loading times and inconsistent frame rate.

I've seen this game being mentioned now and then here, any good?

reminder

You better buy Disaster Report 4 if you want to see anything more from this series.

Oh yeah, you forgot Okami OP

I would
Twice
if they ported it to PC

reminder this was about movies

reminder that you are wrong
archive.is/wpKiZ

Wrong

The 306-page "Estimating Displacement Rates of Copyrighted Content in the EU" report (PDF) points out a number of caveats for this headline number, not least of which is a 45-percent error margin that makes the results less than statistically significant (i.e. indistinguishable from noise)

So you will cling to anything for self validation, how miserable

Ironic considering you pretend you can't even read to do precisely that.

Piracy does fuckall to game sales. Now go take your baby bottle and suck up that soy.

W H E R E I S A N A R C H Y R E I G N S

its not happening

I want my Yakuza ports Sega. You filthy fucking Nips.

missed or maybe ignored because right from the paragraph above the results of the studio are said to be extremely inaccurate

S-shut up, the game already has full english audio, they just have to translate the menus.

SOON™

Let it go user, its not happening

They also added a level editor and easier Mod support for Turok 1 and they are still working on Turok 2's level editor, and they added this Cheat to Turok 2

I didn't include Okami because it's a relatively well known game, it's not that big of a surprise that Capcom got around to giving it a PC port. The ones I put in the OP are basically games that had, (I would think) Zero demand for a PC port yet they get one anyway for some reason.
There would be decent demand for say God Hand or Viewtiful Joe on PC. But Voodoo Vince? until that PC port was announced I hadn't thought about that game in years.

It's pretty bizarre we are getting a PC port of Okami and Zone of the Enders 2. These two really came out of nowhere and there doesn't seem to be any particular reason for them to be ported.

But OP, Okami is a 2006 game which got an HD release in 2012 for the PS3 and nobody was expecting more as both the OG and the rerelease didn't sell that well.
Zone of the Enders 2 HD also came out of nowhere.

ZoE2 is being butchered with forced VR to boot.

source?

Okay, yeah that's true. I'm just more surprised by the relatively forgotten games getting PC ports then the games that people still talk about to this day.

I'm pretty sure the VR is completely optional at least.

VR is optional

Hope they fix the game breaking bug 3/4 of the way in.

Fair enough
The games you posted are indeed forgotten.
Just like something like TY the Tasmanian Tiger

Care to elaborate, user? I'm unaware of it.

if you saved in a certain area as the pharaoh then loaded the save,or died, a door shuts permanently blocking all progress, and you are stuck there forever.

remakes and remasters are proving to be the best way to secure a profit. ff12 remaster just hit 1 million.

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that.

I just want a pc port of the Resident Evil Outbreak games, why can't Capcom do something right for once?

Just like Liru, there' still some hope

They did, from August 2015 to January 2016.
Everything after that has been a trainwreck right up until Monster Hunter World at this E3 coupled with Okami HD

Now that's pretty damn neat.

No user there isn't and I had hope for DD, EDF and Nioh PC.

NINJA GAIDEN BLACK WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

We will never get two of the best gook games on PC.

I have finally found you, my nigga.

Good taste.

From, you've been good with giving us Souls, but where's the Armored Core games?

Speaking of Xbox games, I want PGR on PC as well, though I know car licensing would make it impossible.

They could just change the cars a little and make some totally-not-X names.

welp

PGR and later on Forza became known for having licenses to things like Porsche and Ferrari, the kind of exotic cars that weren't in Gran Turismo at the time. The car manufacturers were part of the experience.

Dragon's Crown.

Nigger the fuck are you talking about? Nioh is being released in a week on PC.

I ve been wondering why do you guys think Mankind divided flopped if it sold more than NieR Automata?

Are you retarded?

Publishers realizing that PC games make a lot more money in the long run because they don't become obsolete every time a new console comes out.

I just want Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown. That's all.

SAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ill give you a hint, games have different budgets.

Because both have extremely different budgets and target audiences. Mankind divided has to sell a lot more to turn a profit than Nier Automata does.

If you pray super hard user, it might just come true.

Or they are porting all the Yakuza games to PC.

is there a place to check said budgets?

You said every game should be on PC, There you have it.

If you do some digging they're probably out there.
But you don't even need to see the actual numbers to know MD had an extremely bigger budget. Just look at how much more advertising it got.

Seriously, a game not having a PC port is either due to severe incompetence or greed in all cases. Anyone who doesn't want to make a PC port can go fuck themselves, the game is probably shit anyway with almost no exceptions.

N E V E R E V E R
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R

Thats the point retard
I had tiny hope for them and Liru and they came true, yet Metal Wolf Chaos seems very unlikely, especially since From has been owned by Kadokawa since 2014

THQ Nordic is sitting on a bunch of old IPs that they are trying to revive and port to fund their new shit. Not sure what is going on with some of the others.

The Otogi series. Never going to happen, but I can dream.

Wow, I wonder where the proof is

I just want something good done with the Novalogic IPs they own.

So do I

Let's be frank, Automata had a cute waifu with the most glorious ass humanity has ever devised, Mankind Divided has a filthy, ugly negress and faggots. Western developers are so fucking incompetent they couldn't even keep the cute brown tomboy pilot around.

No get fucked.
see

there is your problem, she is not dark enough for the progressives

At first that looked awesome, but after watching I realized they missed the point of SuperHot. Time is only supposed to move faster when you move or perform an action. This just looks like a general slowmo toggle, he can freely move around while things are slow.

No, time goes by normally in Superhot when you're moving, it's just that the action is very lethal. It's a pretty accurate recreation of the gameplay, the only problem is that the weapons are not one hitters so it messes up the execution.

it's not that the cheat does make things like super hot. The bow just glitches things out. If you watch it again you can see how the bow messes with things when i'm holding arrow back.

At some point they're going to have to do a good port of Skies of Arcadia Legends, right?

… right?

remember the star vortex?

I want Chaos Legion re-port with proper 16:9 support and fixed textures.

Where's an actually fucking good and MGSV-tier control quality port of MGS1-4? That would sell like hot cakes.

Ya goofed.

Indeed, fellow mustard race

Honestly the limited controls of MGS are half the reason they were decent anyway, MGS would be an absolute laughing stock difficulty wise if you could just aim and shoot like you can in MGS V.

But seriously.

If only other companies new how to port games like SEGA

Porting a game essentially means releasing a new product to sell at virtually zero cost. With incompetence being the norm in the videogaming industry, publishers with huge backlogs of games that they haven't bothered porting are only just now realising that.

I thought the point of SuperHot was for a bunch of soulless suits to cash in on the marketing utility of forcing a meme, but that's just me.

Well apparently Koei Tecmo wants to push for more games on Steam, and right now in the Nioh Steam forums there is a thread asking for Ninja Gaiden that's constantly get's bumped.
If Team Ninja is working on a Ninja Gaiden 4 right now, it's practically guaranteed to be on PC, and if that were so it would be the perfect time to port the other games.
Hopefully Koei Tecmo notices the demand for Ninja Gaiden on PC, and is smart enough to capitalize on it.

Why would anyone want fucking NG3 on PC?

Forgot to post the source of the article if anyone cares.
archive.is/LW7zN
wccftech.com/koei-tecmo-steam-multi-platform/

Bayo QTE mashes are still fucked because they are tired to frame rate but QTE mashes suck anyway

Having only played Razor's edge and not Vanilla NG3 I thought it was serviceable, Not as good as the NG 1 or 2 but aside from the dumb story it wasn't awful.
it's cool how you can fight bosses form NG1 and 2 in the game.

I Hot keyed Punch, Kick, and Shoot all to down on the D pad with rapid fire, So when any QTE besides the stick spinning ones pop up I just need to hold it down.
It's the only time Steams Big Picture mode has ever been useful to me.

Are you retarded?

Most of these are XBOX/PS2 games, youngfag.

Not even close

Piracy and fan patches
Nier still runs like ass on the PS4 though, enjoy
Next nitpick please

Nice find
Thanks, hopefully it will come true, but Koei doesn't seem to port anything but Newer game outside RoTTK and Nobunaga

So it's only good because it has shitty controls? Sounds like Goldeneye.

Tank controls are what makes Resident Evil good
No joke
Play Remake with no tank controls
Its a fucking joke
Mastering tank controls and dancing around zombies feels satisfying as fuck.

Well yes and no, you can make a Resident Evil that isn't too shit without them (see REvelations) but the essence of survival horror still is limiting your view and control on the situation even if that means hampering playability a bit
So you can't really make the best RE without fixed camera and tank control unless you find another trick to limit both of those that doesn't involve shitty FoV, gimped TPS controls and darkness everywhere.

I played every port and I get pretty much the same result in every port, bayo gives you the number of registered presses (with a handful of exceptions) in the combo bar so it's easy to check

I want and at the same time do not want. I'm puzzled.

Has nothing on the original games.

No, fuck that. The player should struggle against the enemies and environment and have to mange his resources, not wrestle with the controls and camera.

Theres shitty controls and then there is differently handled ones.
Tank controls aren't exactly shitty, just different, and they certainly fit the situation in all of the 3 first RE games, it requires mastery and with it it actually makes you fuck up less than streamlined controls.
No excuse for shitty camera though, unless its done to good effect like Eternal Darkness.

I haven't seen an horror game that had extremely responsive controls and none of the modern "horror game" shit that I would still consider survival horror now that I think about it, FF2 kinda fits the bill with FPS mode
I personally would much rather deal with slightly gimped controls and on rails camera similar to SH even in an otherwise mediocre game over whatever the fuck the genre has become

I feel like this thread should have been over since this post.

I would be very happy if Rockstar ported Midnight Club LA to PC and hope they won't shove microtransaction crap into it.

Comes in the same shitty engine as GTA4, so likely same shit as RDR which is "not happening because our engine is too shit and we don't even know how it runs at all on console"

There is always that MMO coming soon™.

Already out and its shit
Should have released it in 2012 like they planned to.
Changed and downgraded so much it became absolute garbage.

This is why exclusives are a mistake.

Every single one of original devs are fled the company and the KUF Online suffering worse development hell than Duke Nukem Forever. There was dozens of inner company dramas that I can't even count. It's better to consider it will never happen or if it happen it will be shit period. Chinese bought the company years ago.

What the fuck

Explained itself. THQ Nordic does this stuff constantly because it's cheap and people who may want to replay the game but don't have original hardware can now. It's safe sales for little investment.

O-o-oh

Burnout 3: Takedown, Burnout Revenge and Burnout Dominator.
I know they can be emulated on PCSX2 but I really wanted to see native hd remasters based on the superior OG Xbox versions (360 version in Revenge's case)
I know it's probably never going to happen for a multitude of reasons, mostly licensing issues because of the soundtracks, though they could just release them with new random soundtracks from shitty indie rock bands no one heard of, but with support for custom soundtracks so pleople with white IQs could just download and use the original soundtracks from the internet.
Burnout 1 and 2 seem more plausible though and would be pretty cool too.

Good joke
They just want you to forget about them so you can buy the new shiny piece of shit they barfed out.

I'd love if Bandai Namco released kamen rider battride war sousei on PC but I know it will never though anything other than the weebstation platforms, same with their new game. I want Battride war mostly because most if not all original actors re-praised their role. The new voice for Gosai in the new game is fucking shit.
Ah… Wishful thinking.

tfw will have to wait for a ps4 emulator to play this

frankly this is the reason i wonder why everything isn't ported to PC these days. shit, companies are getting away with selling pirate cracks of their games (GOG) and are making money for it, it'd be piss easy to just resell that and there you go. even nintendo's doing it (the NES/SNES minis use the same ROM format that was originally developed by pirates)

why?

Why isn't Namco releasing fucking Tekken and Ace Combat classics on PC is beyond me.

I remember that on GC. Good times.

KT ports are broken as fuck, I don't know why they bother.

Better than playing on a DRM box.

Well If they aren't retarded they will put more care into Nioh's port and then we'll see what comes next.

I said it before and I'll say it again, aside from kikery KT is getting better. The musou stars port was perfectly fine, so I see no reason Nioh, a much more valued propery, would get a shit port.

two friends back in school used to play these two games. Why did you have to bring back old memories user?

No, no it isn't. Last port i heard about was so fucked up, that a Gsync monitor forces the game to 60 FPS, causing it to run at more than 2x speed.

This is why I hate pc gaymers with a burning hatred. Little thieves. I have a PC game too, and I pirate every game that comes out on PC, because the devs dumb enough to make PC ports deserve piracy, even if the games are good.

Salty weeabooman gets angry when his nipponese game gets critique

So back in the Xbox360 and Ps3 era, did you also pirate those console's games? You know, because every developer that release their game on a console deserves to pirate.

BTW how is the pirate scene on latest gen console? I never keep up. Are the mod chips made yet? I assumed not.

Never ever

You had to remind me, do you…

Last port you heard about was back in 2014?
3 years ago?

Kill yourself

i need this. i can't describe how much i need this but i need it

Chromehounds

Lost Odyssey