God sims

i want to beat my religion into other countries
other than black and white 1/2 where else can i do this?

Civilization 5

Hmm you may try Crusader Kings 2 I guess

Dominions 4 might be the game for you.

Funny how the military was literally the worst thing about B&W2. The way peaceful buildings operated on a sort of victory points system (build X amount and automatically win) was terrible too, but at least it worked.

In B&W1 training your creature like some kind of advanced pet sim was the best thing about the game. B&W2 the creature was effectively just your hero unit that you used to hold off enemy armies until you won by building enough coliseums and shit.

It was a good game, I wonder why didnt they make B&W3

sim earth is my favorite thing in the genre. its a pity that going too crazy with destroying the planet turns around and crashes the game though.

B&W1 was a good game. B&W2 was dogshit. It's not really surprising they didn't try again after that.

It wasnt that bad, It was just easy

Lionhead studios had a lot of internal office politics type problems and disbanded almost immediately after B&W2 was made. At least, that's what I recall hearing/reading about it back in 2010 or so.

I liked 2 better, myself. It could have done better without the angel/devil characters but for what it was, it was a fairly adventurous concept and I found the morality system and its affects very entertaining.

Such a shame. Yeah I remember that

I think games main consept was that morality/karma system which I'm still looking for a game that has a system like that

I heard that lionhead studios closed up in large part of an interracial cuckolding scandal. I remember reading that this one black guy got every white woman in the company pregnant. Even the wives too! It was wonderful but they couldn't accept his power. So they closed the company.

I remember reading that too. I believe it.

It's an untapped niche to be honest.

TFW there is no recent game to play as a tough deity, ,ough, but fair.

that system is very simple and kinda pointless over all tbh

Everything in B&W2 is simple. The game has no depth at all, especially compared to the first one.

It wasnt that bad, different ending for being a good or bad character, it was fun

it had an ending? as i remember after i beat the mayans or whoever they were i got put back in the first mission

I recall in 2 you getting the option to hang repeat your game or "leave this world forever" which gave you the credits. I found it poignant.

The real issue with B&W2 is that Ore is a finite resource save for a few lands in the beginning.
This severely limits the way you can play agressively since there's only so much soldiers you can train with the ore available, making it far more important to field the biggest army possible to reduce losses, so a lot of time waiting.
Couple this with several houses costing only wood, a renewable resource, and a Pacifist victory becomes the only way to win a map if you blew all your Ore.
And fuck you, dude that told me you could put Ore in the Smelter to duplicate it. That's a load of bullshit that didn't work.

Also consider that while the alignment has some neat tidbits to it regarding how people work and the looks in the world, you will only ever go one way, never any middle ground since you get nothing that way.

The Miracles are also quite shit. They are mostly offensive spells that you can only use on your domain or have to deal with physics to throw. You're better off teaching your Pet so it can use them away from you.

Also the 2 dudes that guide you on the tutorial and many unskipable cutscenes really kills the game. Starting up again sounds like an horrible idea just for that.

even in one it doesn't do much

I never played 2 and I don't think I finished 1. 1 devolved into sacrificing children to flick fireballs at enemy towns. It was comfy in the beginning though.

Well Its been a quite while since I played it but i remember there was an ending

Post your ideas for a god game
Since nothing productive is gonna come of this thread, might as well be creative for fun.

You play as a pantheon with 1-5 Deities. The more you choose, the less power each one individually has, but the greater variety in powers you'll get for each one. You can make an All-Father, a dual of Life and Death deities, 4 elements deities, etc.

You start the game by choosing how your religion is started.
Ancient books\tablets\artifacts that someone finds and either starts worshiping you or it forcefully converts them.
You make messages appear in the world to people at random in the hopes that one will agree to be your prophet.
You send a champion onto the earth who will spread your faith.

From any of those, your religion will start to spread among people that choose to believe in you for their own personal reasons. Making a combo of a Pestilence and a Health goddesses for the criminals to worship Pest and everyone else who needs help to worship Health, for instance, or simply solving whatever problems people have.
Your followers directly dictate the max power you have, the moment you have none, you're out of the game.

To fuel your abilities, your prophets, champions and\or sacred texts will detail rituals and prayers people can use to strengthen you. From regular church service to blood rituals and festivals, anything goes.
However, you must also create small prayers people can use to ask you for power to solve their problems, something that can drain you if you accept them all

You compete not against mortals (because you don't care that much about them) but against other Pantheons in the world.
Your prophets will try to convert as many people as possible to worship you, your champions will root out and fight against heretics when possible or solve more combat-centric problems your people might have or you might take a more stealthy aproach and try to establish cults to you instead amidst the population.

This means that you could have 2 cities fighting an holy war against each other, 2 Pantheons competing for followers while a third one has a cult or sect in both cities, slowly corrupting it's citizens and waiting for the carnage to end so it can fuel their power.

You never control units directly, you give commandments instead, missions that prophets and champions can take or you give inspiration, a more generalized task for your everyday person, like planting trees or spreading poison.
You can spend your power to do large scale miracles that shatter the earth or giving out blessings of protection or buffs to anyone that is doing something benefic for you, be it a peasant doing a job or a hero fighting mythical beasts.
Alternatively, you can also create mythical creatures and summon them in the world to help people, or allow your followers to summon them with rituals.
Lastly, the most powerfull thing you can do is being summoned yourself into the world, something that needs vast amounts of power but lets you wreck havock or rule kingdoms on your own.

I remember there being an RTS mod where it has that, a civilization's religion, and an Armageddon counter. I don't remember too much else.

ck2

this isn't an ideas thread, reported for attempted hijacking

He only has to wait a couple months and it'll be out

OP should play Fall from Heaven 2 while he's at it.

The power to be a deadbeat dad, and irresponsible parent, and to ruin a company by muh dicking too hard?

Post an archive or fuck off.

Reminds me of That Which Sleeps, a Kikestarter game where you play an awakening Old One and must influence the world in order to throw it into chaos and stop heroes from banishing you for another eternity. It is progressing very very slowly, but it's not dead last I heard.

>not giving any sechuan sauce
Reported for being cucks

I saw that too, looks like a good game with potential stepping on the line of autismo but not crossing it….but the problem is that is dead user, give it a rest

Black and White would have been better if it didn't have the crude humour.

Why? Did they push the release date again?

The release date is usually unreliable for indie devs, if they say it comes out in a week, add a month to the waiting time.

user a few badly mocked up screencaps every year is not progress. That which sleeps is vaporware at best and a scam at worst.

that sounds really fun, i'd play a game like that

How was B&W2's expansion pack?

"We're walking under His nuts."
"Don't look up."

Meant to reply to

How about this idea then?
I've also got an idea for a culture system but it could use some work.
Both culture and faith systems slow down conquests by having the player have to take over the occupied areas religiously and culturally too, or risk rebellion. You can also use it to prime an enemies cities for an easy conquest.

Actraiser

Not a bad idea; something that I always wanted to see in GSG/RTS type thing was a continuity of ideas from culture, to religion, and into military/combat assets that are bit more fleshed out that just unique units. In a perfect world, that continuity would continue into the aesthetics and maybe even the functions of other buildings or their effects.

To be honest, I want to also change how the military works in the game compared to other 4x

Does fucking no one remember Sim Earth? That was a pretty good God Game, even though it isn't based around spreading religion.

No mention of Populous?

more of the same, just a few new missions

kept crashing mid first mission so i never bothered to finish it

That's a puzzle game

I tried replaying B&W1 not too long ago and had some difficulty with the saves, anyone know what I'm talking about? World progress saved just fine, but profile information never worked. The most obvious problem would be my symbol defaulting back to the mastercard logo, but I'm fairly sure my Creature AI never worked either.

These

Feels good man.

Seconding this, definitely in my top 5 of all games. However like said, wait for 5.

why wait? doesnt almost everything carry over in to the new games, or is 5 gonna do its own thing?

lel

5 is just dominions 4 with major new features

It kind of sounds like an inverted version of King of Dragon Pass, where you play the gods instead of their worshipers.