Grim Dawn

Did you know that unless your character looks cool, you take a -50% to all your resists and damage output?
grinding for gear is suffering

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/index.html
odie.github.io/gd-edit-docs/
grimtools.com/calc/62avjDXV
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53049
grimtools.com/calc/M2gabp6Z
grimtools.com/db/itemsets/125
grimtools.com/calc/RZR9KdvV
grimtools.com/db/items/1223
grimtools.com/calc/dVbKwP4Z
grimtools.com/db/items/8615
grimtools.com/db/itemsets/108
grimtools.com/calc/L2JLo5EZ
grimtools.com/calc/DV9nK1nZ
grimtools.com/calc/w26MyWpN
grimtools.com/calc/wV1wRmLN
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38266
grimtools.com/calc/1NXlGJgN
youtube.com/watch?v=vEbfmKTtt4k
grimtools.com/db/items/9423
grimtools.com/calc/0V0ArOMZ
grimtools.com/calc/
grimtools.com/calc/m23XMv1V
grimtools.com/db/items/9190
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All my grim dawn characters end up looking like trash can robots which makes me laugh

I don't even see my character most of the game behind my area spells and hordes of enemies.

I'm thinking of getting the expansion and starting over from scratch. Is it worth the $16?

I think your pic already did.

Autism Enabler: grimtools.com/index.html
Oh Shit, I Just Had An Aneurysm And Picked Nightblade By Accident: odie.github.io/gd-edit-docs/

I'm running around with a lvl 12 sash at 55 because there's nothing yet dropped that surpasses it in terms of usability for my build yet.

Yes.

I'd say it's completely worth it just for the new and improved gear.
Obviously the new area, devotions, classes and osc are amazing as well. It's like not having the Dark Souls 'Prepare to Die' expansion, why live at that point?

It's actually good, as far as expansions go. Double XP potions alone are almost enough for me, but there's a ton of new content and the way they've changed how items work is great.
Bring a lot of poison resist, though.

That helmet has a really cool effect where even within all the spells and mist, you can see your character's eyes just staring through.

So it's a straight up upgrade over the base game, is there anything new that could potentially put me off from buying it?

Why is the aetherial vanguard nemesis only marginally worse than vanilla, while the new Cthon and beast guys will rape all but the most optimized builds clean in half?

It actually goes back to aetherials being the main villains after the main game went full ch'ton for no reason. It changes your loading screen from some W40K faggot to a sexy slut you'll never be able to play. It makes dual pistols viable with the inquisitor class and introduces a necromancer. The new areas are both brutal and pretty.

The bitch in the dress with the titties never shows up in the game.
That's it.

Hope you enjoy running into Kupacabra the ass rapist in the middle of elite because beast rep gain is fucked. However, if you're not playing hardcore, it's been a straight upgrade in my experience. Apparently they're also dropping beast rep gain, so that might not be a problem with the next patch.

Two areas filled with acid-spewing plant monsters.

No, really, don't go there as a melee character without maxed out poison resists.
This is not a joke.

How bad is it when you don't have a warder?

It's not so much the raw poison damage as the fact that enemies either shotgun you with it or have speed reduction on their attacks. Better have some way of doing damage that's CD based.

Lucky me, I won't have to worry about that.

BANZAI

I want a melee build that doesn't include shaman. What else goes well with soldier? So far i'm enjoying slamming people in the face with my shield but i need something to spice it up.

Arcanist, Occultist, possibly Inquisitor. The first two have lots of gear options, but I don't know about the last.

That was the reason why I quit WoW in 2007. I was so fed up with gear grinding. I just wanted more and actual quests. And it looks like that became the least of its problems as the years went by.

I really don't see it working well together, i'd say maybe necro instead? Inquisitor is an option because of seal/renewal and the aura, but i was aiming for mostly physical damage.
Why is nightblade bad by the way?

Soldier/occultist is incredibly strong. Attack speed buff, huge regen/resist from blood of dreeg, and the best debuff in the game makes you the tankiest motherfucker who still pumps out good damage

Oh duh, Nightblade works too. My character is a Death Knight, but there's really not any good gear for it, only sword and board stuff that's outclassed by Battlemage gear. Inquisitor should also be fine for your physical damage as well, I don't see what you're implying.

arcanist and occultist work fine together
Chaos aether ray.

Wait, what?

Malmouth resistance sells potions that doubles your XP gain at max reputation.

Revered with malmouth resistance

I was talking soldier/arcanis and soldier/occultist, not the beam man

Are there any viable cold damage builds?

Arcanist nightblade, focus on TSS.
It's quite strong even in the Xpac

Physical witchblades are probably the single strongest soldier combination in the game. Linked build has 120k blitz/80k cadence hits with 90% physical RR, 50% phys resist, and can basically roll through anything that's not Ravager/Mog with only minor shifts on its health bar.
grimtools.com/calc/62avjDXV

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53049

Poison Occult/Necro is pretty fun. I've finished all of the campaign missions, what should I do before moving onto Elite?

Guys im running a Retaliation Warden Tank, so far the game has been easy and nothing can kill me, but i struggle to kill ranged and caster bosses because they don't trigger my 26k dmg retaliation nor the 41% damage reflect, my build is 100% defensive, so my normal attack is crap, how do i kill these fuckers?

You go make lasagna while your guy stands there.

Is there mod that would allow you to combine three classes and balance enemies accordingly?

Just started playing it, I'd like to play it with someone

Damn dude i would play with ya, but im really tired right now, i wouldn't last 30 minutes before sleeping on the keyboard
What about tomorrow?

Grab 00% poison resist and your shaman aura should keep you alive through any poison

I suffered when i went through the area as Purifier, but on my tank Warder it has been a fucking cakewalk

occultist handles poison really well too

holy shit i meant 80% (its the easiest resist to cap)
really need to go to bed

Occultists are made out of poison

Well you fuckers i have an idea

We should choose a day and time to play together, we can all start new characters and shit and have a good time, im up for any time tomorrow

Good night

basically what I'm saying is blood of dreeg is fantastic and it seems like people forget it exists

Blood of Dreeg is probably one of the best passives in the game, along with pneumatic burst, renewal, and whatver the last soldier one is.

From what I gather you just have to decide on either being unkillable with stacked ret damage that doesn't hurt ranged/casters, or being mostly unkillable with ret and reflect damage, with maybe one attack, where you have to occaisonally drink a potion.

Just don't be so lazy

Ok started a Mr.bones wild ride necro, anything i should know about the skelles? do i really need the tank summon or can the skelles deal with everything?

Don't believe in yourself, don't believe in your skellingtons, but believe in the skellingtons who believe in you.

Playing Purifier but I want a change of pace. I hate pet builds, but I want to try Necromancer. Any skills or combinations I should focus on?

The later AoE taunts are really useful for not dying; your skeletons body-blocking foes will not be enough. You will be extremely squishy, so prepare to have your Bastion of Chaos runs ruined from a randomly spawning demon dildo's shockwave.

VIT DAMAGE
I
T

D
A
M
A
G
E

Shaman + Necro then? Okay, will try it.

Or, user could invest heavily in physique and some panic skills since spirit doesn't confer bonuses to pets anyway. There's plenty of heavy gear that supports skeletons down the road.

grimtools.com/calc/M2gabp6Z

Here's mine at the moment. I can facetank bosses but not nemesis. Also took 30 minutes to kill off modrogen in a benny hill skit.

Too much focus on bleed, not enough life steal.

Why no point in Devouring Swarm? Even a single would at least lower the resists. You should max that though.

-60% vitality resistance is too much focus on bleed?
Get the fuck out of here.

Also get a value point in the mark of torment.

minus resist is pretty much useless for me at the moment because anything that can't kill me have shit resist anyway and anything that can potentially kill me out-dps me for my debuff to be of any use. So I took all my points out from devouring swarm to boost up the auras that keep me alive longer for now. Plus, I'm not max level yet. Swarms getting added back in before siphon soul is upped to 14 and blood boil to 12.

You know resists can be reduced infinitely, right?

Really? Didn't notice that from spectral wrath.

Do dual pistols Pyromancers still suck? I want my rule-of-cool dude that makes things explode.

I'm not a glass cannon build user. Having extra damage and no space to actually deploy it (read: needing to run away from the nemesis wailing on me and lifestealing even more from me than me from them) is why I dropped the skill. I had it maxed when I was levelling.

Also, are Battlemages still terribad or is there some way to make them awesome?

You'll need to go Purifier, but it's fairly strong.

w e w

I made a dual mace battlemage and it rips through everything pre expansion. No idea how it will handle the expansion bosses though. Absolute zero is required for the -40% physical resistance.

Last time I played, Battlemages were the ugly duckling class combo with no real niche and no real moneymaker beyond "look at me I can do aether damage in melee". If that's changed and they kick ass now, neato. Also last time I played I struggled with various Nemeses on my dual pistols Pyro to the point where I couldn't call it a viable setup without the UTMOST in uber gear and even then it was shaky as shit against Faggius (mostly due to being nearly instagibbed by Fabius' Shadowstrike and spending the rest of the fight trying to play catchup).

Oh no, that's all they do still, there are just gear options for it now.
grimtools.com/db/itemsets/125

Oh, also, did Witchblades ever drop below top-tier? I had a Witchblade that feared absolutely nothing and could complete Crucible on highest difficulty (Gladiator I think) without breaking too much of a sweat. I know they smacked certain sets and Occ skills with the nerfstick to try and make Witchblade more "balanced" (balance in a singleplayer game is dumb but w/e), but last I knew a Markovian or Warborn WB was fucking incredible still

I checked the source. -% resistance skills stack from different sources not on itself.

Yes, and?

Which essentially means resist most certainly doesn't get reduced infinitely and I don't need it now. Angry ghost attack already does -36% and I don't have to manage it. Another extra -60% to get a near immune nemesis to close to 4% resist sounds good on paper but if you're up against enduring or worse, the life steal nemesis, you're not out-tanking or out-dps-ing them.

how is this build? its based on a random build i found on grim dawn forums
Also im not using the calculator because i can't get the build link on Brave browser, and im not using google spyware or shitfox

Oh, and i know the skellies from the Raise Dead devotion are shit, but dude… i cannot ignore extra skellies, even if they are crap

It's decent enough, but I would go 1 point Familiar with maxed Storm Crow as well. More damage to all your doods.

But the theme is fire/chaos/poison
Adding elemental damage would be simply heretical

No minions only build. Disguisting.

Minion builds are complete idiot-savants and aren't even particularly fun IMO (not as boring as ret builds, but that's a low bar to clear).

My friend and I call them fridges. I really wanna make a cold damaged centric soldier that embodies this concept.

Three damage types to focus on is really, really pushing it.

This is correct. But it does not mean

Not sure how you got to that conclusion.

-n% target's x resistance stack with each other, n reduced target's x resist does not stack, only the highest source get's applied. These just stack additively as you'd expect and you can absolutely reduce a resistance below 0.

Viable split damage builds and revamped low-tier skills when?

How do you plan a build in Grim Dawn? Any damage type to avoid?

That's not infinitely reducing the resist as claimed by where

Focusing on reducing resistance below zero is just not worth giving up survivability for my build at its current level due to nemesis spawns. An extra -60% reduction to vit resistance doesn't mean I can suddenly start out-dps or even out-life leech nemesis spawns. Given my encounters with nemesis spawn, I'm pretty sure even if I could reduce their resistance to -80%, which would give me 160% damage, I still wouldn't be able to out-tank it, making the fixation on just piling up damage pretty much useless until I can cap all the survivability skills.

Cold was pretty bad for a while, but the Port Valbury patch and now AoM might have changed things a bit. Aether was actually surprisingly bad for a long time due to lack of gear support. Bleed used to be godly but they nerfed it I'm pretty sure (my bleed warden was a faceroll character nearly on par with my physical-damage witchblade). Vitality/vit decay used to be awful due to lack of constellation/gear support, don't know if that's changed at all since the Valbury patch and AoM.
The best damage types pre-Valbury were probably physical, chaos (except against shit like Benn-Jahr), fire (except against that chucklefuck in post-endgame, you know the one) and bleed (because so few things resisted it strongly IIRC, and you could obliterate bleed resist with DevSwarm and so on). Now, I really don't know anymore (which is making me really hesitant about getting back into the game)

But it is. The only limit is how much RR you can get.

Looking at your build you absolutely don't have to do that. Drop oak skin to 1/10, drop Harbinger of souls to 11/12 and you're almost at 16/16 devouring swarm. Dropping down Blood Pact to 1/12 also results in no survivability loss but you gain hueg damage.
Also why do you not at least have 1 point in Mark of Torment?

It's not even that they're too cheap, though Conjurer was capable of bringing some really hefty minion muscle. It's that gearing options and necessary skill picks meant you either went full minion or full do-it-yourself or you were REALLY going to feel like a half-assed build. Having a few minions and some DD made you not-great at both and great at nothing in particular. And due to AI quirks and pathing issues, minion builds were right fooked in some dungeons/against some bosses. That said, I'm pretty sure someone killed Mog with a minion hybrid build, so what the fuck do I know?

Oh I had oak skin on for the extra pierce resist before I had access to armor augments. Yeah about time I took points out of that one.

I actually have utility for. All the armor based reactive damage skills turns from useful to have to PLEASE LIFESTEAL FOR ME I'M TOO LAZY tier and they now all have a chance to lifesteal even more if they weren't sitting at 100% already

After fiddling around a bit with it, 11/12 makes sense. I'll do just that.

I took it out to boost spectral binding temporarily to see how much hp it was giving me. It's supposed to be have 2 points in it.

Oh and one of the nemesis I was fighting earlier had pierce resist debuff, so I stacked on oak skin to overload on resist

well user, on second look I no longer have any skills that do main hand damage for lifestealing anymore. Looks like blood pact's shoved to low priority as well.

grimtools.com/calc/RZR9KdvV

Changed it around a bit to suit the gear I have now.

Ive been wearing a Level 14 Marrow Band forever. Im 66 and its like I have a hole in my chest. I havent seen a ring drop that wasnt so Yellow trash in atleast 40 levels.

Help

Look at it this way user: At least the drop/loot system isn't as retarded as Diablo 3's was/is.
(Do some Crucible runs, guaranteed good loot if you do well in Cruc)

Damn it feels really crippling to not pick the crow aura, but fuck it i want to keep a theme

Ok, dropped poison, its fire/chaos/vit now it was fire/chaos/vit/poison before

I hope Ember Claw can pull boss aggro because i really want a focus on skellies opening exception for the hound and not on all possible summons to become a boring cheese machine

Does "on enemy death" effects trigger if my pets kill it?
grimtools.com/db/items/1223

No. Retarded game mechanic.

what a waste of potential

A friend and I are doing crucible on challenger difficulty. We could really use one more. lvl94 minimum.

Game name: NeoFAG
pass: welldeserved
We'll wait 10 minutes, feel free to add me for later crucible hosting. If we start, you won't be able to join, but you can reply to this post and we can pause between 10 rounds (at which point you can join mid-game)

There are great constellation at the bottom of the tree, it gives shitload of vit damage for pets and for you. Typhos, its retarded good.

Hound is basically a fantastic aloha snackbar suicide bomber due to how it dies when you recast it (I really hope it still works like that).

oh thanks for the tip… now to decide between Typhos and Bysmiel's Bonds…

So, I am going for a pure minion master kind of character. No idea whether what I'm doing so far is reasonable or feasible in the long run, but this is what I have right now: grimtools.com/calc/dVbKwP4Z

Any suggestions? My current plan is to max out reap spirit, then vulnerability, then focus on the rest of the summons (blight fiend, hellhound and the crow). I found that the crow's heal skill really helps my minion longevity, but I am not sure whether to keep it in the future. Also, is there a way to buff pet resists in a significant way? The way they just melt in Ugdenbog is concerning to me. As for stats, well, I went for a balance between physique and spirit, but will probably focus on physique from now on.

You want to get manipulation, blood of dreeg and possibly the flat damage auras for helllhound/raven. Necromancers bone harvest modifier soul harvest is also quite good.
Also try binding your flame torrent devotion to your skellies.
I don't get why you fuckers love pet builds so much. They are super fucking boring

What's the deal with the Inquisitor Class and what do you fags recommend as a secondary class to go with it?

I recommend against that. The higest Spirit you need for end game gear is 605 I think, so invest what you have to and dump everything else into Physique.

I am under the impression that that thing is rather useless. I replaced the heal with the spider devotion skill for self-healing, but I have not benchmarked either.
It's definitely a better fit than the fire AoE, since that one won't do jack shit when your ranged skellies trigger it.
I'm no expert, but I still think it's useful just for the +fire damage of that zodiac, from which both your Hellhound and the Mages profit. Also, consider that your end game gear gives you one additional doggo, though I don't know whether their Hellfire aura stacks.

On to a more general question, that Mogdrogen guy was talking smack and I told him to fuck off, but level 81 is a bit too much to handle for me right now. Can I come back later and slap his shit, and if so, will it have any other consequences?

Demo

PURIFY WITH FIRE

I very rarely do summon builds, my usual jam is nuke spellcasters - Frozen Orb being my favorite skill from diablo 2 is rather telling of that. But I did want to try it out now that Grim Dawn has a proper pet-focused class.

I guess I will stop investing spirit now, and will respec when needed. Also, what is this spider devotion skill? I've found one Spider constellation, but it has no skills.

im also curious about that

I just want to have a cool necromancer with flaming skellies
It's more fun than a retaliation build anyways

Sorry, I was referring to the Bat's Twin Fangs skill.

This is pretty much how I'm planning my build, may I ask what weapon enhancements you use?

Damn, that's a high bar to beat. You've convinced me to try a pet build.

Enchanted Flint and Wrathstone WHY ISN'T THERE AN EQUIVALENT FOR CHAOS OR VIT???

I usually give myself at least one spell (like that poison volcano thing) in order to ease the boredom of just letting my pets skull fuck everything in site, as good of a feeling as that may be.

If you're going to do that, get the bone wave. The third skill on that tree also buffs pets.

There's actually a bit of item support for a dedicated snackbar build like this lil' fella:
grimtools.com/db/items/8615

I will make my bone wave trigger raise dead
The idea of a wave of bone that also awakens undead gives me a boner

this one is better
grimtools.com/db/itemsets/108

Well, you can have both. (The amulet is probably the most important piece. Making the dog spammable is a big part of this kind of build).

On second thoughts, only the amulet from that set is really relevant for dedicated suicide minion build. We don't really care about skellymen as they don't explode and we don't really care about any of our minions' abilities beyond their ability to blow up.

This is exploding vans tier good. The whole shtick behind doggo and thorny doggo is that they're both competent combatants who can go toe to toe with bosses. Now you can have 2 exploding doggos.

Fair enough. Anyway, here's a reasonable skills + devotions plan.
grimtools.com/calc/L2JLo5EZ

I want to remake my dual pistol character, I'm pretty much set on inquisitor but what its better for a second class?
Demolitionist or occultist?
I like the idea of a chaos gunslinger but dunno if there's support for that

duuuude its hard to resist the temptation to cheat when you use the calc and see how stupidly OP you can become
(this is without the procs and temporary buffs, also no components and augments)
i wish i could just link the whole thing, god damn Brave

the best gear for chaos/fire is two-handed guns
for pistols its better fire/lightning (Purifier)

How do flat -second recharge effects stack with -% recharge ones? Because depending on the answer, either this combination will result in a 1.7 second recharge (18-16 seconds, multiplied by 0.85), or an instant recharge (18*0.85 = 15.3, minus 16 seconds).

Based on how I saw the devs do the math on resists, I think the first that results in 1.7 seconds would be the one.

I see. That's still quite ridiculous. 2 doggos that explode every 1.7 seconds is quite the jihad.

Wait, are two handed ranged viable now? I remember them being shit and going dual wield was always the better option.

You can also morph your gore golem into being a natural jihadist. Making that one, two, THREE jihadist.

well i don't know how strong they get, i only searched for the best guns on the database and didn't see any good chaos pistols, but i might have missed some

Have you noticed how Fleshwarped Archive and Shard of Lost Souls both have +Blight Fiend and -cooldown to Hellhound. I think the devs wanted us to do something like this.

Storm Callers Pact and Master of Death is better late. Except for the cast speed you only get 135% additive damage as a caster. Not worth 12 points. 35% crit or 12% OA is a lot better.

oh well, I'll keep checking, my other option is going tactician and phys damage with dual havocs, Purifier looks very strong but everybody and their grandma knows that, I want to see if something different can work

And don't forget Reap Spirit. It's not the same kind of explosions, but it's definitely a short-lived and very angry spirit mauling enemies for 10 seconds.

Here's a variant of the devotion setup that goes for Healing Rain instead of Inspiration and Giant's Blood:
grimtools.com/calc/DV9nK1nZ

Also what's up with getting ghoul? Doesn't it work on weapon attacks only?

my autoattacks still do 2.5-3.5k (with ghoul on, lifeleech is over 130%, but bosses likely have 80% resistance, so I still have 50% leech) so it's for those bosses that don't spam spells at me for me to drain essence essentially the whole fight. Also 18% physical resist for 6 seconds during (light) panic mode is no joke.

You're right about that part. Probably change it to master of death since DA gets a benefit too.

Does anybody know how to get into the Ancient Grove?

Does this game play like Diablo 3 or like Path of Exile?

More like diablo 2 and Titan Quest

Ghoul is also a soft circuit breaker, though builds withput weapon attacks get less utility from it.

It's workable with inquisitor, or as a doombolt nuker with the harbinger set. Purifier is pretty strong with a good pierce/fire setup.

You have to wait for it to get patched in, since it's not in the game yet.

Same thing today, same lobby name, same everything.
Could still use 2 more people.

forgot pic

anything close to 94?

nope

You guys are faggots.

I would have but I'm trying to figure out what to play. My problem is that I usually forgo the skills and just get the buffs.

Like my Inquisitor, I have the dual wield skill to max, and the random fireball attack with it, I need to deversify more, but I just can't seem to wrap my brain around a better build.

If I have damage type A and a skill or something else that converts it to damage type B and then get gear or a skill that adds damage to type A, does that also affect type B or how does that work exactly?
Also having a hard time picking out an enjoyable class to play, so far I'm leaning towards reaper (necro + night blade) but ideas/recommendations would be appreciated nonetheless.

All your flat type A is added up and then converted, then % damage bonuses are applied.
If you have 100 type A and have 10% conversion, you'll have 90 type A and 10 type B.
Add gear with 10 type A and you'll 110 type A total,but after conversion 99 type A and 11 type B.
The game guide on the website has a lot of info on combat mechanics and you should check it out.

Thanks, will do.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again, I wasn't aware they had a game guide like this on their site.

Shit, sorry man I didnt respond, I couldnt get to pc for 2 days
How do we communicate tho

Just saw this, are you playing Hardcore? I'd join if so.

USA time and day? I cant play from work.

It's crucible challenger, see and

Any time past 4pm EST is good I think.

its fine bro, but my character is lv50 now and i don't want to make another one

Oh I see, congrats by the way.

Okay lads, same thing today as .

Game name: NeoFAG
pass: welldeserved
Lvl94 required
We'll wait 20 minutes, feel free to add me for later crucible hosting. If we start, you won't be able to join, but you can reply to this post and we can pause between 10 rounds (at which point you can join mid-game)

Pyromancer is great for not-molotov (always take that 1 point thingy modifier) + thermite mine + doombolt + sigil of consumption. Basically fire + burn + chaos build. Rolling one just now. Nothing at Ocucultist really helps with pistols, just go Purifier or maybe Soldier for that.

lv62 on my new character, just wait a few days and i will be there

Make sure to get the exp potions and all your reputation buffs

I didn't see the game listed, and I checked shortly after you posted. I'll keep checking in periodically.

It's not hardcore.

I thought about a dual-pistols Commando but never really went anywhere with it. In any event, I broke down and shelled out for AoM. Probably going to start a new character from scratch and go first few levels in Cruc before campaign. Is AoM content mostly post-endgame or is there new shit in the OC (besides the new classes obv)? Also, Doombolt is good now? Neat.

I remade it, still can't see it?

Well I'm playing a dual pistol tactician, so far it's pretty nuts, and very nice, they pretty much made the inquistor the dual pistol/ranged class, I'm focusing on pierce/phys maybe internal trauma? I got a Havoc drop on other character so I should see some sick dps increase once I hit 50
I also have some old western soundtracks playing, Ennio Morricone made some sick songs and it's perfect for playing a pistol build

The only negative thing I can say about AoM is that there's now a beast-aligned Nemesis and you gain infamy with beasts way too fast so he starts showing up in Elite where you're really not ready to deal with him.

As for new content in the existing acts: There's a lot of new epics at all levels and a lot of items now have mods that transform your skills somehow. Some are quite interesting. Also you can put things like Ancient Hearts, Dynamite and Skeleton Keys in your shared stash now. Oh, and there's an illusionist in case you think your outfit looks like mismatched color-uncoordinated trash.

Shameless bump.

This bitch better calm down before I go full town of Tull in this place I did that on Barrowholm anyways

If I made enemies with Barrowholm on Normal can I patch it up and be allies with them on Elite or is it settled?

post the source on second pic right fuckin now

Yes, it's similar to the death's vigil/kymon's chosen choice or outcast. When you are first introduced to the faction again you'll get a choice to stay enemies or be friends.

Nice. I didn't feel like helping out a village of skinwalkers after accidentally helping myself to some human stew, but I want to see what their entire deal is this playthrough. Also still looking for some advice for my Blightmage: grimtools.com/calc/w26MyWpN
Trying to not have more than 6 castable skills because that is the number of extra buttons on my mouse. I'm having a lot of fun constantly spellslinging and throwing GRIDS everywhere while my fatty explodes on people, but I wouldn't mind getting up close and personal. I just don't have the defenses to last getting hit more than a couple times and the best acid pistol I can find is an Empowered Mutiny and it seems pretty underwhelming, not to mention having a ranged weapons constantly fucks with me while I'm trying to walk around.

You should really fix your resists.
Craft silk swatches if you have the recipe. If not, resilient plating will do for pierce at least. Put a rigid shell on your belt to fix remaining lightning resist.
You just hit 70 so you can get armor augments from revered factions. Black Legion has +7% aether/chaos resist augments. Rovers have jewelry augs with elemental resist and health. . Pick up spectral binding for health and OA and mark of torment for damage absorb against stronger enemies.
You shouldn't be stacking life leech since none of your skill do weapon damage or very little.
As for devotions you should be aiming for something like this: grimtools.com/calc/wV1wRmLN

Is this Nioh?

Cabalist is very suboptimal for a poison build. Necro has almost no synergy for poison.
Hybrid builds are really bad since your blight fiend will start doing shit damage sooner or later. I'd completely spec out of it for sure.
Grab Mark of Torment, Spectral Binding and Possession. I'd also max DEE.
But honestly you might want to swap to a vitality caster or just reroll a Witch Hunter or anything with more poison synergy.

get to level 94 and I'll think about it

i actually haven't loaded it up in almost a year. i had a level 70 or so character that just magically disappeared one day and couldn't bring myself to grind another one up that high

Since grim dawn came out I think I deleted at least 6 to 7 characters by now. Usually around level 50-60 when I found that their build is shit or I allocated stats wrongly.

I feel your pain.

Just grab gd-edit and respec them.

really?
why not use GDTH to reset you points ?

sorry forgot the link
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38266

Man, that was one of my favorite scenes in the book.

Huh. I used to use Defiler and GDStash to fuck around with builds. Kind of handy when you're in a tinkering mood, just sort of mucking about with skills/devotions/gear combos until you find something nice (it's how I discovered QJ Ele, shame my legit QJ Ele never got fully kitted with BiS)

But Ravenous Earth is fun!
I'll try reallocating all of the points I have in Blight Fiend around. If I start hitting a wall at least I'll have a high level Cabalist I can respec and a bunch of poison gear for another character. This Cabalist started out as a skelemancer but I only had points for skilling my summons which made it boring as hell.

I hesitate to use this even for something as bullshit as crafting because I fear I'll somehow lose self control and just start cheating in everything, inevitably ruining the game for myself.

It isn't that difficult to resist going overboard, user. It isn't fun to cheat for cheating's sake. It can be fun to tinker, but it isn't fun to use a lv100 ubermensch against the Warden. Roflstomping a CPU is just boring. Just remind yourself of that.

I agree. But for some reason it doesn't scale past 22/16 which makes it a terrible skill. hopefuly this gets fixed in the next patch

Thats pretty much the only thing necromancers are good for at the moment, besides aether spellbinders. I don't think they're even particularly good as vitality casters. Conjurer is probably just better.

Okay well I'm trying to get some scavenged plating and bristly furs but it doesn't seem to work and it just says "something went terribly wrong" at the top. I guess it's back to crucible for me.

Which util are you using? I'm not familiar with gd-edit, but I imagine the Crate forum has a thread on it that probably mentions errors like that.

You guys know there's a crafting system?

Might not have recipes or sufficient mats. Or might not have the blueprints. GD crafting is a lot of dicerolling most of the time, and I generally only went to it as a last resort (it was more fun to farm down to Alkamos over and over again or do Cruc) or to craft certain set pieces that almost NEVER drop (bloodrager helm)

You start out with basic recipes that make items that level up to your current level. Also, set helmets actually do not ever drop, they must be crafted. Legendary sets without a helmet will have some other piece that requires crafting,

Fuck that shit.

Could have sworn someone said that some set helms can actually drop, but the rate is so poor you might as well just craft. As for basic recipes, the weapon ones can be kind of useful (they only require scrap I think) but I could have sworn that jewelry requires some slightly less common stuff.

user is that chapter 15 and where did you get it?

Relic crafting chains are bullshit, agreed. The bright side? Some relics are fucking crazy good.

enchanted medal/necklace/ring just require 2 scrap + iron bits

What about something like this? grimtools.com/calc/1NXlGJgN
My reaper is only level 37 but so far it's worked out really well and it's the most fun I've had with any build at this point but I'm not too good with builds and I haven't gotten too far in the game before, so I'm not sure if it's lacking anything other than the obvious poison/acid resist.

Batoto, I didn't download it but you could if you went to the translator's website, which, most TLs do.

We feel your pain brother.

Oh I found it now, it's because it was uploaded under the nip name instead of the usual. Behead all those who bully the demon loli

My first expansion character that hit 100 was supposed to be a dual wielding poison reaper using 3/4 deathguard and cowl of the venomblade. I sadly never got the gear needed since the build kind of sucked and the gear wouldn't have fixed the problems the build had.
The problems with mine were the huge energy problems and shit tier survivability. Also getting enough OA/DA is kind of tough. In the end it just feels like a cold spellbreaker that might do slightly more damage but has way less survivability and that builds survivability is already pretty mediocre.
You definitely need spectral binding at 12/12, I'd drop Ring of Steel to 1 and just use it to apply ring of frost. Drop all the NB passives to 1 and let your +skills do the rest. Blade Barrier should probably be at 12/12 since you'll most likely end up facing the same survivability problems that I did. Bat on ABB sucks since the best part about Bat is the low cooldown. Other than that it seems pretty okay.
You probably want to build with all the +skills you'll have by the end in mind.

Thanks for the input, I dropped the passives and ring of steel to 1 and maxed out blade barrier and shadow dance instead. Also I have ABB set to LMB which is why I put bat on that, not sure where else I'd put it instead.
This is more or less a rough draft, things will get switched around slightly as the character gets geared up, but I'm still pretty far away from that point anyways so I'm not too concerned about that just yet.

ONE DIGIT OFF
I wish I had my bateman dubs folder, too bad about my hdd dying.

Looking for this?
I beat the Shaper of Flesh on Hardcore Ultimate last night. Had a few close calls, even with full resistances and 19-20k life. Suboptimal gear in a lot of slots though, especially considering I'm a level 100 commando. I'll post a screen with stats later. Any other hardcorefags here?

Tactician looks ridiculous

youtube.com/watch?v=vEbfmKTtt4k

I get it, but the people I replied to were talking about using outdated belts/rings. If you're using an item from 40 levels ago, pretty much anything you craft will be better, that's all I'm saying. And iirc they're really cheap, just a few pieces of scrap.

Yeah relic crafting especially Mythical ones is a massive pain in the ass. I usually resort to trading for them on the GD forums.

Any good builds for a vit/aether Ritualist?
Something that would make Drain Essence a power skill
I found some decent gear and was thinking about start a new character after I max my skellemancer

Obvious Octavius set with +800% internal damage.

When will those Croatian (?) double niggers release the patch for their paying customers such as me?

Alright, so I'm going to go ahead and remake my bleed warder for simplicity's sake and to have a character I'm roughly familiar with for farming. Now the question is: Do I go 2h or 1h+shield or what? I need to look at what my gearing options are, but unless Crate's addressed the fact that 2h < 1h+shield for powder/component allocation, stat boosting and so on, I can't imagine why I wouldn't go 1H+shield. I would be missing out on Shaman passives but they aren't THAT great anyway, are they?

For now 2h is infinitely better. grimtools.com/db/items/9423 currently has bugged flat bleed. It's way higher than it's supposed to be.

Oh, hey, Guillotine got love. That said, I'm not going to bank on something that will certainly get fixed by next patch. Is the new and improved Guillotine the only reason? The Butcher of Burrwitch build on the Crate forums looks fairly promising but I really like Feral Hunger for that sweet lifesteal.

I'm going to start working on my dual Purifier but I'm looking at endgame sets and everything that I'm seeing that has good Inquisitor and/or Demolitionist skill bonuses requires a 2handed weapon. What's up with that?

Oh, yeah, how are 2H ranged? Is Ulzuin's set still hot garbage?

Is this game still slow even with the dlc?
Are there any mods to help it?
should i get all dlcs?

It's as slow as you make it, probably slower now with more content. It's more challenging too I think. It depends on when you started grim dawn though, what's your frame of reference? I started when crucible came out.
Never cheat.
Yea pretty much, I'd get ashes of malmouth first, then crucible once you're into it.

there's a mythical set with ashes of malmouth, check it out. I think it's good.

To be fair it was mostly the weapon that was hot garbage, the rest of the Ulzuin set was decent. But cool, I'm actually kind of glad they didn't just toss the old legs/sets/etc completely by the wayside and powercreep in new stuff (like Diablo 2 LoD did).

one thing I didnt like is that it felt as if most enemies were too easy and the bosses were the only fun part (but it feels like thats common in all ARPGs I played)

So i met the Beast Nemesis at Underbog…
Never thought having 12 pets would be a negative in a fight… it lifesteals in area i could not kill that thing and had to just run away

They're called trash mobs for a reason user.

Also anyone have the Dirge of Arkovia recipe to trade with me?

Just so you know the AI on that pet is retarded and won't be fixed until the next patch.

Can't really trade recipes since you can only ever get 1. I have it and could craft it for you if you give me the mats.

well fuck, its going to be Bysmiel's Domination then

how is the AI glitched anyways? it doesn't move?

im not sure about that im sure i have a repeated lv70 relic recipe (don't remember which was)

i will see if i can get the materials tomorrow, but right now im going to bed

Depending on your build, you might have trouble with mid-tier monsters in the dlc. It's pretty hard if you don't know what you're doing.
and I don't half the time

OK, I think I heard a while back that it's perfectly possible to get multiple copies of a blueprint. It's just that if you have already LEARNED the blueprint the game just hides the drop from you. I could be wrong about that, or it could have changed, not sure.

It has really dumb targeting, sometimes it will target things offscreen, sometimes it won't attack something right next to it. You can get around it with pet attack command. It does have a nice move where it bone traps enemies.

You also can get duplicate recipes from quests. Although, I think it will go through all the possible recipe rewards before giving you a dupe.

The recipes from a quest are dependent on the difficulty, iirc. So you'll get the same recipe on multiple different characters on the same difficulty.

I recently got a duplicate recipe from a drop, it tells you in the description you already learned it and nothing happens if you try to use it again.

Has anyone used the mod Grimmer and Grimmest?

Is Fire Strike simply inferior to Cadence? I cannot find any good commando build that is Fire Strike based

Last I knew Cadence was better if you were more pierce focused (and Fighting Form/Deadly Momentum were both nice) but Fire Strike is actually better in the long run with Explosive Strike. I'm assuming you're talking ranged here, I don't think anyone bothers with Fire Strike for melee attacks. (Maybe Sabs? Not sure.)

It's mostly about gear support, and there are good gearing options if you go Cadence IIRC. Fire Strike et al has gear support too but it's not so much Commando-suitable, though AoM added so much new shit I'm still revising old builds for BiS gearing

Oh, one more thing: last I knew Cadence was vastly inferior if you were DW anything. Pistols, melee, doesn't matter, Cadence is (or was) crap for DW.

im thinking about two handers, still haven't decided between melee and ranged

2H ranged commando can look at the Valdun set, though it's kind of a nightmare to cap resists with Valdun the set lets you crank out crazy ranged Cadence damage. That's just off the top of my head.

Are pets affected by both Aura and Pet Bonus effects of Hungering Void? my pets seem to be become fucking brutal monsters when i proc it

I think its based on player damage.

It should affect them, the tooltip says it empowers your allies.

They should seriously add a feature that automatically calculates the cost of all sub components and allows crafting directly if you meet the requirements.

grimtools.com/calc/0V0ArOMZ
Rate my build. obviously still missing some components/augments and a bunch of other gear

I'm pretty sure you can't dualwield the same legendary.

I don't even see where he's getting duel wielding from in the first place

How did you come to that conclusion? That build is generated from my actual character, hence all the trash tier gear.

100% elemental damage to vitality conversion.

Oh, shit missread. the medal

anywho, as far as viability goes, you're level 95 you already beat the game entirely. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the build is fine, but seriously you basically require those maces for anything in your build to even remotely start to work together.
It's a "dick around at endgame build"/10

The conversion on weapons I'm pretty sure doesn't affect skill damage but it does affect the weapon damage % output by the skill. Try giving the ignaffar's morph a try and see how it affects your damage output.

That's what the game is about, no?
The maces are both MIs, so they're fairly easy to get if you don't mind the mindnumbingly boring grind.

Conversion affects everything.

oh wait my bad, I was thinking of life conversion from attack.

Where exactly are you getting this from? There's no limit to dual-wielding duplicate weapons anywhere in the game.

DW builds usually have high attack speed, which means that flat damage from deadly momentum suddenly becomes 40k extra DPS. Also, they're considerably easier to get RR for than fire strike, which has fire, lightning, phys, and chaos components. Fire strike is an AOE skill, but it doesn't have anywhere near the single-target that cadence does.

Right, so I'm trying to decide how much I want Oleron's Rage instead of Primal Bond right now and I'm seeing no reason to NOT go PB instead of OR, aside from a minor gearing issue that can probably be fixed with MIs. That reduced damage from beasts component in PB makes it look really good for AoM.

Guru Guru stronk!

Is this the new meta?

Hi my witchblade and warder called and were wondering how it feels to not be able to laugh at glad cruc solo like they can

Fuck, i wanna play as kukuri now

I'm pretty sure that I only survived thanks to dryads blessing being active.

Christ my options for leg armor are not great if I switch to PB. Solael-sect pants I suppose, but MIs are honestly such a fucking pain to roll over and over again…

So we no longer get legendary accessories to play around with. Sad.

I will punch you to DEATH

Bullshit, no you don't.

That's kind of a pisser. Also, BoM is now absolutely horrid. The two new specs made the diceroll that is BoM a terrible bet. BoM was generally kind of a crutch but still, come the fuck on. I would actually settle for not being able to double up on a skill for +5 in exchange for at least being able to pick the skills that get boosted now.

real men punch the Loghorrean to death as their morning workout
(its all lightning damage from savagery but it's fun anyway)

It's really bugging me that I can't build anything neat around the Mythical Harbinger set because my choices for the other gear slots are fucking garbage.

Shitting fuckcunts Crate why did you make Chaos RR such a pain to rack up and why did you give Occ the monopoly on Chaos dmg. Demo has a bit of chaos damage here and there but only on higher-level skills. If I want to fuck shit up hard with chaos I need to run 50 Occ mastery and 50 Demo mastery and that's awful fucking taxing on points.

psst
Hey kid, look for converted to chaos damage gear, specially legendaries
You can thank me later. Enjoy building.
grimtools.com/calc/

I tried playing this game but holy shit is it mindnumbing. I'm literally just smacking shit 24/7 for points and currency and performing boring fetch/kill quests. This is boring.

I mean, it would be more fun if PvE was at least a little bit more engaging. Maybe ARPG just don't do it for me, but I don't remember having the same feeling while playing Diablo.

Am I not playing this game right?

ARPG =/= CRPG. If you ain't smacking or blowing up shit in an ARPG, you're doing it wrong. This ain't the genre for detailed storytelling. I know that most of diablo's lore were explained off game in the form of novels and graphic novels for example.

roger that. I guess I'm too autistic to have fun. I just finished D:OS II and liked the strategic element - are there any games in that vein that you can recommend? I've always been an FPS guy, but these days FPS have become no-fun-allowed Steam-tied garbage without any fun gamemodes.

Dvinity occupied my brain and I actually felt satisfied after an hour or two of playing.

You'll have to get into older CRPGs to get the experience like divinity. Otherwise try getting an emulator and see if you like tactical RPGs like final fantasy tactics.

thanks for the pointer, I'll look into it.

That's cause most aRPGS don't require skill whatsoever. That being said, Grim Dawn and Titan Quest are pretty damn fun.

grimtools.com/calc/m23XMv1V

The more towards max level I get, the more I realize I don't have the gear to support an end game drain essense build. So I switched to the only necromancer skill that scales with weapon damage, and by gods is bone wave fun.

Why do you have Master of Death with no summons?

% OA and flat DA. Works out better than harbinger.

Welcome to physical builds unless you're a witchblade, who doesn't really care about anything.

You got the hierarchy the wrong way around. Also molotovs are the real master class.

12% OA is an enormous buff and makes the skill worth it on its own, unless you run pets. Once you're geared your HP pool won't care about anything beasts can throw out unless you want to fight Kuba, and you'll probably need to regear for that anyway. You're looking at 110% damage where a single piece of mythical gear gives you that anyway. Also, remember that % damage is the single worst way to improve damage output.

What constellations would you use with that build? Sounds neat.

please spoonfeed me a great necromancer build. i want maximum summons. extra bonus if i can crash my best friend's potato PC with the sheer number of dudes i have

Shaman+Necro or Occultist+necro. Also would reccomend Soldier+necro with 2-hand scythe.

I have a Necro+Occultist with:
8 skeletons
1 blight fiend
1 hellhound
1 familiar
1 temporary reap spirit

Then from gear/constellations:
1 crab spirit (Hysteria relic)
Potential for up to 3 temporary bound spirits at a time (Necromancer's Deathgrips)
Potential for up to 3 temporary Chthonian Hungerers at a time (Black Hand of Sanar'Siin)
Potential for an Eldritch Hound (Bysmiel's Bonds devotion)

For a total of 20 possible pets at once, but more likely to be 13~15 during a fight. You could get a few more with different constellations/gear, but this has worked well for me so far. Not sure if it will crash a computer, but it's a total clusterfuck in big enemy groups.

Tip: The skellies from Revenant constellation are very weak because they are based on player and not pet bonuses, unless you pick the Typhos constelation to boost your own Aether/Vit dmg
Also Dying God is top tier for any necromancer or occultist build (except cold/poison based ones maybe)

death grip effect activates on kill, and you have to kill an enemy, not your summons

Has the expansion made 2 handed builds better? The last time I played the only viable way of making a two hander was Shaman and even then it was shitty due to lack of real devotion synergy

apparently they're doing pretty well now, though how much better I'm still waiting to see. I mean, Kraken is still there and still fantastic, so yeah.

What is a good build with Necromancer combo?
Im going mostly for that skeletal army

Definitely Cabalist (Occ/Nec) from what I'm seeing so far. The Unimaginative Skelemancer build on the Crate forums looks pretty solid.
On a different note, I'm looking at the new specializations and thinking that Deceiver might be the new Battlemage (in regards to lack of synergy).

Cabalist is the best pet class right now indeed, there isn't any secret, the build is quite straightforward

You also cant bund it to anything meaningful. Its really a big problem that you cant really use a lot of stuff because you either have to put 1 point into every single fucking thing for them to proc or just dont use them.

So do buffs that increase your attack damage effect other skills that key off of Main Hand Damage, like Forcewave? Should I build up Savagery before using Forcewave?

I was skeptical about whether it worked when your pets killed something or not. Spirits would occasionally get summoned but it didn't seem like enough for the % chance. I guess I was getting some kills with the shit damage from my one point in Ill Omen.

… ok then
Not gonna lie I almost sold it without looking at it

Is there a good Purifier solo build? i went dual pistol glass cannon, but at lv55 im getting fucked over all the time by monsters in the expansion area, specially those fucking aethereal colossus and demon dreadlords, i need an effective build to level up to lv94 when i can equip some of the sweet gear i have stored, but don't want to skip the expansion area because i want to gather reputation while leveling and that requires meeting the new factions at least once

Max Imperial Seal ASAP. It's second skill is super effective at improving your damage, pretty much unpararreled at that, so it's a great deal. Get the heal thingy, Word of Renewal (base + final subskill for damage). You will be quite tanky and fast, especially if you get at least one point in that demolitionist retaliation thing and some into blast shield.

ok, gonna check out, thanks

Does several sources of damage absorption stack? i was thinking of getting Phoenix Fire to stack with Inquisitor Seal

Does this item drop normally or its a rare quest/event reward?
grimtools.com/db/items/9190

Ch'thon did nothing wrong. All mortal beings were given life from his blood, and he feels every single mortal being's pain all at the same time. He is in a constant state of dying 24/7 for all of eternity. The only moral thing to do is to exterminate all life in Cairn.

Obviously you get more circles.
Widow gives an exploding circle
Attak Seru gives circles that launch waves at enemies
Rhowan's Crown gives a circle that DoTs and debuffs
Blind Sage gives a circle swat team

doesn't the phoenix also pop a circle?

Brave browser won't get the link, its just a normal skellemancer build

I still can't beat the Beast Nemesis even after upgrading my stuff, that fucker goes from 25% health to full in seconds by eating my summons

It's more like an aura similar to Aura of Censure.

Unless you've got your finished and perfected gear combo, you probably won't be able to beat Beast Nemesis with out dying 15 times.

maybe for a petmancer, but I managed with my totemancer by not letting myself get hit and kept on kiting it took me 20 minutes on a undying nemesis who I have to kill 7 times

the worse of all is that i got the fucker to 25% health in seconds, but then he made so many pools of blood that there wasn't anywhere to stand and he bled my summons dry restoring himself back to full

you'll have to fall back to art of war rule 1. Don't let your enemy decide where to fight. I lured my nemesis to spawn to a literal merry go round.

i got him in the mines recently, it was going very well with me just running in circles while the skellies did the work, but one of my skellies pulled aggro and he ate them all, then i got stuck in a rock or some shit somehow and got my head bashed

Haha time to purify!