The Death of Minecraft Modding

Started talking about this in another thread and I thought it deserved to be its own topic. Anyways it looks like the Minecraft modding community is merely a few more updates away from being completely cutoff from any capability to change the base game since the codebase is being changed and written in C++. The effect of this is pretty sad since it signals the end of an era for a huge community of modders and thousands projects that relied on the base game of Minecraft. Another pretty disturbing thing about this is that (((Microsoft))) is no doubt going to introduce a common content marketplace across all platforms for Minecraft that will work much like the texture pack DLCs for the Xbox version. I'm worried this will paid modding in other games much more effectively than Bethesda's laughable attempts since it provides a service rather than just replacing one. What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

modlist.mcf.li/
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/magic-farm-3-harvest
archive.is/dwch5
reddit.com/user/aydemmalk
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiOt7bsZBDptPXdo150a3Wq9u3H14aAOp
mesecons.net/
technic.kosyak.info/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fans will always find a way to mod it.
Or they'll bugger off to Minetest

This.

I think that I'm glad that I stopped playing when I did. It was fun while it lasted, but the Adventure Update and introduction of other stupid shit made it clear that the game I fell in love with died years ago.

As the (((Windows 10))) version reaches parity with the base game, Minecraft will probably see a final patch and that will be that. I'm sure plenty of people will stick with the original version, since Windows 10 is a fucking disaster.

The good note is that patches will stopped being released that break mods each and every time. The nightmare of no modding API will finally be over, thank fuck.

Whatever dumb shit the W10 edition does, isn't a concern of mine. I still have my old alpha and beta installers, and that's all I need in order to enjoy myself.

An exodus to Minetest would be a phenomenal fuck you to Microsoft. I'd love to see this happen.

I hope Minetest gets to that point too, it really is a much better platform for almost everything.

real minecraft modding slowly died along time ago. Some time around 2011 when Notch decided to introduce the 1.4 update and instead of having the long promised Mod API it was wolfs. You see fans where deobfuscating the code themselves which usually took a few weeks of hard work. Then molders would finally be able to update the mods only to have Mojang fuck them over by releasing a new update every mouth. This meant every month Mod makers needed to put up with kids nagging them to update their mods for 2-3 weeks, then spend several days (at times) fixing their mod to comply with the newest version only to have to start the process over in a few weeks. Then the straw that broke the camels back was when Mojang stole Hippoplatimus pistons mod and subsequently fucked them up. Sure some people still mod but its been essentially dead 5 years now.

You feel it too, don't you?

Somehow, I fail to see how this will make it harder to mod minecraft.

You know what would really seal the deal for this? Getting Vazkii and the other modders on /r/feedthebeast (Really the only subreddit worth going to because you can actually talk with the modders there) to move over to MineTest.
I mean, Vazkii alone with Psi and Botania, two mods that stand by themselves without needing anything else to support them, like the tech mods do, would be a major loss to the community.
Of course, to really convince him, we'd need one of our super-autists to translate his project straight over then give him the Git for it, making it easy to just jump ship.

Who gives a fuck? Minecraft has always been cancer.

Ok, I'll give you a choice, should I argue with you as a fellow coder, or will you give me full rights to condescension throughout this conversation?

Isn't that a good thing? I remember people bitching that Java was terrible for games.

The only coding experience I have beyond babby's first training wheels language is with Java, and coding in Java makes the prospect of trying to eat your own face seem fun. Everything I know about C++ leads me to the assumption that it's a better language to use, especially because after a decade of development, Minecraft in java is still being held together with autism and bubblegum.

They should have done this very early one when minecraft still had at least some relevance to an adult market. I mean there's been a mobile version of the game written in C for years, but now changing out of java is just too little too late

Yes, the problem is that C++ is absolutely Shit for Modularity without being extended by a scripting language. It basically means that modding is a complete and utter bitch from here on out. Even C# would've been a better choice.

Does MineTest have all the functionality of Minecraft though? If not it would severely hamper the complexity of any and all mods.

Not only that, but when I myself tried to start learning the Minetest mod syntax I could not find an ounce of help from the community, either in a chat or via tutorials.

Trust me, I WANT to jump ship, but despite Minecraft being the sinking galleon it is, that rubber dingy covered in ductape isn't exactly reassuring.

Good, maybe they'll kickstart the Minetest modding scene which is stagnant and lousy.

C++ would theoretically be a better language to build the game only if the game was all in one piece. Minecraft has had it's main selling point be how modular it was in the code, and thus how extendible it became. Not only that, Java is an exceedingly easy language to learn, especially for kids, the game's target audience. Removing that removes any selling point Minecraft has.

also, see

Minecraft's main selling point has always been that it entertains toddlers and unruly autistic children with semi-limitless gameplay and a safe, sterile, boring ruleset that any retard can learn.

Are there any big archives of Minecraft mods that you could just download all at once for preservation's sake?

No… It's always been that it's the game that's the closest to having no limits to what it can do. I've seen someone use a paint mod and Computercraft to run a lua GBC emulator using wool blocks for pixels. Thus it's used by virtually anyone (on YouTube) to entertain in any way possible.

Other games can do this now but Minecraft was really THE game that brought this much freedom in a game to a large audience.

From what I understand:
You want to see hell? Look at some of the source code for popular mods on github, like tinker's construct or ars magica 2, then try to figure out how anything works. You will see hell.
Java quickly becomes bloated from this design practice.

minecraft: botnet edition is already c++, nothing is changing about the java version other than a supposed end of support date unspecified for the future, botnet edition is literally the phone app ported to PC, all they did was recompile, because microsoft fucking knows they'd have a hard time convincing adults with somewhat functioning brains to use win10, so baiting kids with minecraft like having FREE CANDY painted on the side of a van is their best attempt to fuck them stupid

I fucking doubt that will happen, they're still milking that adfly teat raw.
Also botania fucking sucks, the endgame does in no way justify the means of getting to endgame, and most of the shit is just features from other mods given a shiny coat of paint and a hefty price tag.

No, only web crawlers that redirect to many a dead page. Even curseforge doesn't always host files, you could click a download link and get taken to some github clone.

modlist.mcf.li/
Here's a comprehensive list with links to downloads for most versions. If you download everything and put it on a drive you'll either be a hero or an idiot.

Children and retarded people killed my favourite game.
If it was possible to kill every Minecraft player today in real life, through some exploit, then I would.
Minecraft was designed to keep those players OUT,
but Notch never put his foot down, and so here we are, with little Minecraft goblins begging to be ripped apart from neck to ass, with mighty fury.
You killed my favourite game.
I will hunt you down.

k fam.

Notch was cancer from the start unfortunately and he only got worse with the years.

At this point I'm just going to stop waiting I guess, after this thread. I'm going to play either Hexxit or Magic Farm 3 Harvest. I was going to anyway but no server DL for the pack so couldn't and still can't play with friends on the latest version without sorting through the mods myself and creating the server.

I had too much fun with chocobo breeding to play an adventure map without it.

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/magic-farm-3-harvest

I don't think so, back in alpha and beta there where some cool people and the game was still in such a ruff state that their was optimism and potential. It didn't start to become cancerous until after 2010 and it wasn't really cancerous until 2011. But for 2009 to 2011 it was rather comfy and chill tbh.

Why did you remind me of this.

MC is shit, but my guilty pleasure is having one world with several megaprojects on it that build upon each other, that shit is comfy as fuck. You can just melt the hours away listening to music or podcasts, then step back and admire your work.

If we don't learn from history we are doomed to repeat it.

I need multiplayer to validate playing such games

He went into remission after he got fuck you money from Microsoft though.

Isn't the best selling version of MC either the console version or the mobile version though?

Who cares, MC is fucking dead for years after 1.8.x or so.

My guilty pleasure was the one good modpack I put together.
Spent literally days plowing through configs and unfucking recipes, and ended up with one of the best meshing modpacks ever, nothing high-tech, you had to work your way up from stone age to steam power, to electricity through great effort, dungeon diving was essential if you wanted to jump-start progress instead of grinding endlessly through mining, mining was dangerous if you used torches, mobs were tough as fuck, and if you wanted to travel fast you either got a horse or collected and bottled the gas underground for an airship. Health regen disabled, so you were forced to finding healing waters or make potions, so tea farms were very lucrative.
Then it all went to shit because the java vm was choking to death, leading to sub 5 fps after 30 minutes of play, I could never diagnose what went wrong, but it was unplayable at that point. It worked fine for maybe a month or two before it started to choke.

I thought nah at first, but that might actually be true now. Depends if that means a higher price tag over more sales.

And the modders can't learn C++ because??? Works fine for Minetest.

Come back when it actually happens.

MC modding would be nothing if it wasn't for Forge which unlocks the toolbox for modders. Besides one of the most modded games is Skyrim which no doubt uses a more low level language than Java.

Nobody wants to mod a piece of shit like minetest. It would be easier to make a minecraft clone from scratch than save that with mods.

Holla Forums tier contrarianism

I'm a long time redstoner in minecraft. I'd say I'm at least almost as clever as a mumbo jumbo considering I discovered an item sorter he made a video on literally MONTHS before he made that video, just too lazy to make a youtube channel.
I can't seem to get back into minecraft ever for some reason, so if some fag puts a redstone equivalent/something better in minetest I would give that a shot.
Been playing since early beta inb4 not alpha/indiedev/earlier, the "combat update" really was the final straw for me.
Shill it to me, I have a desire for autismblocks that is kindna being fulfilled by factorio but yet minecraft isn't worthit/no good serbs.

There's videos of what combat looks like in Minetest in the Minetest thread, you'll be begging to play the latest Minecraft version instead.

The Windows 10 version launcher lets you select from any previous version, up to the original Alphas. You would need to find some of the even earlier Alphas and Indef/Indev builds.

This downloads the .jar file, so just back that up from your install folder.

Pic related. Mobile flounces PC and console is just below it.
It's sold a shit ton. I heard somewhere there was a billion copies, but that sounds excessive; maybe it was $1b in revenue.

What's wrong with it? I've been looking through their webms for a minute but nobody doing a combat. I loathe the new minecraft combat system.

Faggot.

Wait that graph is skewed as fuck. They've included the Window 10 Edition, which is for all platforms, along with the mobile versions. Mobile will be a few % lower, but PC still wouldn't beat consoles or mobile apart from PC > Consoles in Asia.

How did children kill the game?

Minetest is modded in Lua

wew, into the trash it goes.

and still no mod/plugin API

Absolutely will not happen, I have never seen anyone in FTB or tekkit modding discussion bring up minetest and no sane person wants to rewrite their entire mod to fit a lousy minecraft knockoff
If anything, this will update to C++ would mean a period of stability for a long time in the modding community as they would all operate on the final java version uninterrupted by updates for awhile, then from there who knows. It will probably thrive for quite awhile longer and will probably get stagnant once some of the more prominent modders leave to do other work

Somebody found a xbox devkit???

A faggot on reddit found it and reformatted the harddrive to turn it into "le ebin custum gaymin peecee xD"

this has me feeling more vexation then when rich piano died before boogie.Please telll me this isn't true.

Jesus christ

It is true sadly, the dev kit was pretty much a pc case with a tiny fucking hdd filled with code shit that could have advanced xbox emulation by decades, and he wiped it all to make a shitty "I'm such a hip and cool nerd" gaming pc.

FUCKING REDDIT FAGGOTS HOLY SHIT ARE THEY AUTISTIC??????

Forge doesn't unlock the toolbox for modders, it creates compatibility between mods by providing hooks that wont overwrite base classes.
MCP is the toolbox, and can be used without forge. Forge does however contain it's own modloader functionality, so without forge you need to write your own or use something like liteloader.

The java launcher does the same thing, and allows you to create a profile in a separate folder for each instance. He was looking for a way to archive mods. Also I guess that the console/pocket edition lowered the bar for entry because there's no requirement to be knowledgeable of PCs.

Fucking Plebbit. Filthy subhuman hipsters.

Nope, stop spreading this retarded shit.

Honestly? Forge killed modding.
Mojang too, mind you. And despite the spergouts surrounding forge, I don't blame'em too much. Forge evolved into the convoluted mess it is today because the based game is also a convoluted mess and they never had an actual API.

When was the first time you modded Minecraft?
Mine was back when you download a ton of "ade.bin, fed.bid, feg.bin zer.bin" and placed them in minecraft binary with winrar.
You had to make sure diferent mods didn't use the same base files. It was a pain, but you'd use a couple of mods at most.
Then came the "compatibility patches".
Those were essential because some modders where getting ambitious. They had large projects with a big impact on the game.
This was the right oportunity for Notch to extend the API. He didn't.

When the patches started conflicting with each other, we got "modloaders" that did the same thing as per magick. Then it was item limits. Texture limits.memory limits.
This was starting to get unberable because you suddendly found yourself manually assigning items to the numbered slots you had available.
Forge revolutionized and standardized modding. For users, that is.
Modders got to work with something less convoluted… but still a fucking mess.

And like someone mentioned, the main problem was the updates that kept breaking shit. Not one mod survived an update. I don't remember which version it was but it was something like 3 diferent updates in 2 months.
At the time, a bunch of protest posts were made in the modding comunity and nearly half the modders gave up right there and then.
The others… took a little longer. But they got there.
The main example I know of was Thaumcraft, my favourite mod. It had a lot more features than it has now. A lot of them were removed. Why? Because it was taking him a lot of effort to keep such a large mod updated.
Then there was some kerfuffle with the forge guys but I think that was pointless, the evil was done already, the spergout just speed it up.

A good example to look at is Rimworld. You still get some problems and weird bugs here and there, but the whole game was designed with modability in mind, and even if you're a C# wizard and can't design your own gameplay, you can still add a ton of items and options with the base defines.

He said that it was still full of devkit shit and also said that he wiped the drive. It was in the reddit post that's probably still fucking up if you care to look for it.

Nope wouldn't help even if it was complete and had the extra PC software with it.

You're right, it's a great thing!
Now it performs better (you know, when everyone can run it at 4k 120fps with a 100$ graphics potato) but sadly, it means no content because lol no mods.

Get fucked.

Nah, that seems like it's just the web crawler that mentioned. I was hoping there'd be a torrent like there is for say, the Valve Content Community.

this.

oh my goooooooooooooooooooood

Java is perfectly fine for games if you aren't retarded. Notch wrote complete and utter potato code and that's why Minecraft ran like shit.
C++ is a horrible language that's loved by wannabe hackers because it's hard to use and feels fast. Note the "feels" part, it isn't actually noticeably faster for most things if the programmer isn't a tard.

The Java version not getting anymore updates is a good thing for Minecraft modding. The constant updating completely fractured the modding community, especially once modding for versions 1.8+ finally happened.

Why does this post look like a post I could have made

It really doesn't help that the community has become so insular and has given up on explaining anything. So even through I knew how to play 6 years ago, I have no idea how to play now. Haven't found a hand-holding mod pack in ages.

So forge let's (the very rare) new player load up 75 different mods, all with conflicting styles and complex procedures, almost none explained. Some mods add a bunch of worthless expensive items to soak up the power player's time, others have shit designed to kill unaware players instantly (chance cubes/custom mobs/exploding buildings/power overloads), and some destroy bases too. New players can't even experiment without carefully testing everything on a test map. Kind of defeats the whole point of a sandbox.

i wish!

played it on hard and easy

and redditshits wonder why we hate them

Every time I think I've finally forgotten this happened and I can maintain some semblance of tranquility, someone has to come up and mention it again.

Sad!
The minceraft modding community was dead when they started shekelgrubbing.
DAILY REMINDER THESE FAGGOTS ARE THE REASON BETHESDA'S PAID MODS EVEN STARTED BEING A THING
Where do you think they got the idea from?

Now this is autism.

Faggot.

See the start of my post. It's all these minceraft faggots thinking they need to get paid money for their shitty mods despite decades of far more prestigious modders never requiring it. They host it on their own shit and hide the links behind adfly and donation pages.

How horrifying. Oh wait you can just go to github and find billions of different minecraft clones for every language and 3D graphics library imaginable. What's the point of even touching the original anymore?

What a fucking pile of shit

>Oh my God, y'all need to stop whining. Who cares, it's a CONSOLE
>Why should ANYONE care about a console developer kit being stripped, ITS FOR XBOX.
Stay mad at a kid who has a hard drive with NOTHING on it.

That redditfag is the main dev of one of the active emulation project for XBOX
If he says it doesn't help then it doesn't help retard.

Given his edit, everyone else there likely took issue with it as well.

I don't think that's the implication. One large issue issue is that C++ is far more difficult to probe and modify at runtime and work with injection than Java (I say this as a professional developer of both, Java by necessity keeps a massive amount of runtime symbols and class structure that C++ doesn't need to. Most C++ symbols and structure are stripped in compilation, optimization, and stripping). That's not even considering the DRM and anti-tampering Microsoft is likely to put in. Developers with the necessary skill to patch and mod a large, complex C++ codebase aren't going to be working on Minecraft mods. Swapping out class files in a JAR with others that present the same interface is cake, and Java even facilitates it by letting the user change the classpath to whatever they wish. Probing a mass of machine code to find the right places to supplant your own calls is a nightmare.
The main issue, though, is that this invalidates all existing mods, basically making the modding community have to start from the ground up if they want to do anything at all. Every existing mod would have to be completely rewritten to work with the new codebase, unless Microsoft puts in a real modding API. Most modders will probably move to something like Minetest or just stagnate on old versions.

They need to be hung from the highest tree. Every single one of them.
These are the same faggots that defend denuvo and think releasing source code for games will somehow lead to more piracy. Anyone that destroys history is subhuman and deserves everything that comes to them.
It unironically needs to be a law that after 10 years all source material becomes public access. I'm talking source codes, 70mm film negatives, animation cels, everything. Failure to preserve will result in public beheading of everyone responsible.
Otherwise all these moments will be lost, like, tears in rain.

Seems it really was bait.

The comment really was made. Archive of that thread: archive.is/dwch5
The comment has since been deleted. User's post history: reddit.com/user/aydemmalk

But notice what remains in that history. He's an Amiibo-collecting retard who watches Steven Universe.

Nah. You have to go back.

So he's shit, because his project doesn't boot anything. No wonder Xbox emulation is such shit. Also, his wall-of-text is wrong on many points. He's just virtue singling, no doubt in my mind he begs for shekels without contributing any good code.

I knew it, pic related. Also, he's active on github so he's probably pozzed 100% by the retarded CoC they enforce over there now.
It's obvious what he's doing and this is exactly why the modern emulation community is total cancer. We didn't need his kind in the 90s and we don't need them now. His github is just forks of other peoples projects that he adds shitty hacks to. The Xbox emulator he works on doesn't boot anything. He actively uses the same excuse for not having anything to show that's been used forever. "The games used non-standard APIs guys! but somehow we've not documented any of them in the last 15 years. Please donate!!!"

By believing that what happened to that XDK hampered XBOX emulation you're also believing another redditfag, only difference he's that he's not involved with XBOX emulation in any way.

sure user.

Such as?
I don't see you making any XBOX emulator or contributing to XBOX preservation in any way.

You're just a bunch of tards that believe blind shit without any actual verification because that way you can justify getting madder at someone.
Here's a little tip for you, there's other XDKs out there and emudevs already got their hands on them and everything accompanying them years ago, that didn't help XBOX emulation one but then it wouldn't have anytime after that either.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiOt7bsZBDptPXdo150a3Wq9u3H14aAOp
Oh look you're 100% full of shit

Why are you so invested in this faggots life user? Also;
You don't know what I do in my free time and I'm certainly not going to post it here because I'm not a PRfag. I don't beg for shekels in return for work I do like everyone else worth their salt in the emulation/back-up community.
Calm down and stop PRfagging for people that just dump the contents of a game disc. It ain't hard nigger, neither is making an emulator for anyone with half a brain and some programming skills.
Devkits always help, believing otherwise is just proving that you're not worth listening to. At the very least they provide us with alpha and beta builds of games or games that never saw release. To destroy one to build a GAMINGPEECEE is pure ignorance. To defend such a practice is pure stupidity and just enables people to go on to do more retarded shit.
He's 100% full of shit too considering he didn't write 1% of that code. Tell me more how he deserves shekels for forking some bullshit on github and claiming he's a 1337 developer. If he spent half the time learning as he did virtue singling on reddit maybe he'd have an actual job and wouldn't have to beg people to fund upgrading his botnet hardware every two years.

Go support your cancer elsewhere. Anyone here that cares about the Xbox owns one and has games loading off an HDD. The reason emulation didn't come out for it years ago is because they were so easy to modify back when they were new. Making an Xbox emulator isn't hard there just isn't demand for it. That's why efforts were focused on other projects and the only people involved with it are unskilled.

guess it did boot games after all didn't it?

Just because I agree with one thing he said doesn't mean I agree with everything he does.

Talk is cheap.

Documenting the storage format in it's enitrety isn't the same thing as simply dumping the game, I would assume you'd know that.

Sure user, sure

Not when they're missing vital information like for example how the audio and video chips truly work sure you have enough to do some HLE groundwork but as it's already been proven HLE is never gonna work well for XBOX emulation

Never said or implied otherwise, but implying consequences for said act when they're false isn't exactly the most intelligent shit either.

You probably shouldn't talk about things you don't actually know,

Tell me more about things I never said or implied.

I just wanted to tell people to not get upset over nothing, but guess retards such as you like to make mountains out of molehill

Oh then I guess losing that XDK wasn't such a big deal after all if it's that easy.

You're Jannik Vogel aren't you? Sorry man, I'm not impressed by your slight modifications to QEMU and neither is anyone else.
I was dumping Dreamcast games on IRC and making them into selfboots when you were still a mistake swimming around in your nu-faggot Dads balls.
He begs for shekels and is active on github. That's all I need to see to know he's not worth anyone's time.
You're the only one in here that's upset.
You don't even understand why people were mad about him destroying a devkit. What part of "may have contained unreleased games" is so hard for faggots like you to understand? No one gives a shit about the XDK it was the possible content that was lost that everyone cared about.

Reply again, this is fun.

I'm not impressed by your lack of arguments

Like pretty much every other emudev out there, but yeah you're just gonna tell me "Emudevs are all faggots" or whatever.
Do you, maybe read the first post I was responding to
It's not just one thing, the guy who did it a self entitled little turd who thinks he didn't do anything wrong, he destroyed a museum piece, some are mad there's the possibility that it may have contained a game beta/alpha and some people think having that thing still functional would have led to XBOX emulation faster, I'm just addressing the last part because it's wrong and there's no fucking reason to perpetuate that bullshit.
Or are you gonna tell me that's it's okay to fabricate stuff entirely because the guy who destroyed the XDK is a faggot.

Who's moving the goal posts now?
They are if they got started after 2010
Prove the devkit didn't contain something useful, you can't, because it was destroyed.

All I see in here is you trying your hardest to defend a project that is just a dirty hack of QEMU. My question is why are you impressed by it in the first place and why do you do it for free. The only conclusions I can draw

I pretty much pointed that you had no argument every post I made, the goalpost was always there.
All the "useful for emulation" stuff from an XDK isn't on the machine itself but on the disc that come with it which have all the tools, examples and samples
A game beta/alpha wouldn't be useful for emulation, not more than any other game at-least.
Good thing there's other XDKs then.

The only time I ever did that is when I corrected you about it not booting anything, you're just seeing things user.

Paid mods will always flop. Mods are tacky, lorebreaking and silly. Nobody would pay for them. Shit, people barely get them when they are free.

Good, for years I have waited for games to come out that had destructible environments like Red Faction, only for this block shit to become popular.

You tip-toed around my arguments and didn't respond with anything of value. Nice try though.
I'm aware of how the console works. It's just a gimped PC with microshit libraries. Hence why it's easy to emulate with QEMU
Thanks for proving you don't care about preserving history like you've claimed in several posts. I'm sure no one is interested in collecting alpha/betas/unreleased software. All those faggots hoarding all cartridges refusing to dump them must not exist in your mind. No one would collect or assign value to such things we're all just crazy. Thanks for your insight you've changed my opinion and I now realize the error of my ways. I'm going to go buy a devkit now, drop a mid-tier PC in it, format the HDD and post about it on leddit for upboats.
Still missing the point as always. No one gives a shit about the SDK how many times do I have to state the obvious?
No you've done a good job of sucking his cock after I baited you to post multiple walls of text by playing ignorant about the entire subject. Thanks for the entertainment. Now go back or lurk moar, those are your only choices.

Lies and misrepresentations aren't arguments user

Saying a game beta has nothing to bring towards emulation doesn't mean I don't see it has value in itself, maybe you should stop trying to see things that aren't there
Whatever you say user.
Maybe you don't.

It's obvious you put way more effort in that than I did, gotta be hard moving the goalposts that much

But my point still stands you're somehow extremely butthurt about me pointing out something you say you already now for no real reason.

vid related
shooter was intended for PVP mainly and its kind of old now. it's configured to use that old simple mobs mod by default in the example config but you can really add any mob.>>13689801

To be honest, that always was a bit of a meme. Very, very few environs in that game very meaningfully destructible.

I kept running into that faggot's posts while trying to get Citra running. Didn't know he was also ruining XBox emulation.
The white knighting user replying to you is probably him. I had to scour the internet for info to get Citra to run, and in the process I saw threads on 4chan and GBAtemp where he did the exact same thing.

Couldn't agree more.

mesecons is what you want: mesecons.net/ you didn't really need to wait because mesecons has been around for a while now. 1st vid related, not my video, sort of old too. you pretty much want mods and/or a subgame when you play minetest, minetest game is just a very basic subgame that acts as a base that most modders will use.
other typically used technology mods include: digilines, technic, pipeworks.
advanced trains has a bunch of automation features and general enhanced train features
digtron provides a block based modular constructor/deconstructor (a tunnel boring machine that can also build things)
be sure to check the dependencies when you download a minetest mod, technic for example has required dependencies (moreblocks, pipeworks). you can find the dependencies in depends.txt if they're not listed elsewhere. some recipes for technic: technic.kosyak.info/

here are more weapons, the bombs are from AliveAI, one bounces around and tries to find a target, the other is a small nuke. the ants are also from AliveAI, they find materials and build an anthill with it, they're generally hostile.
excuse the terrible elephant noise, thats some free sound i found on the internet and added to that elephant mob.
minetest combat can be rough around the edges and laggy (sometimes depends on how many mods you're running and what settings you use) but its not non-existent.

Looks like it could be improved.

Thanks to (((Disney))) we get copyright that extends 70-120 years past the authors death, which may be extended via new laws to be even longer as their shit gets closer and closer to the end date.

Autism can keep anything alive
Minecraft modding is only dying because the autists themselves are dying, taking the wind out of the community's sails and greatly diminishing the autism reserves