Sad Video Game Music

Post video game music that sounds sad or makes you feel sad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Fv5cuYZFC0
youtube.com/watch?v=w7U-yTcszFI
youtube.com/watch?v=a70h0cX8AMM
youtube.com/watch?v=utg1wmeToNc
youtube.com/watch?v=AQRH6kLMa1k
youtube.com/watch?v=bmWbQTtt2dY
youtube.com/watch?v=FpgKoJJKRXI
youtube.com/watch?v=1lSBUYXRwvQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Obligatory

This song fucking hits me in the feefees every time.

Fug

RO was too comfy for this world, at least until the BRs ruined everything. Same with ROSE.

Fuck, I miss playing Black.
I'm going to do it right now.

Last one for me

Because of this game I got to experience the original games.

If you have an Xbox One it can be played on that console.

Oh right… I completely forgot about this game
I actually miss it.

And this one

:^)

why does this guy always post his own videos? he's the quintessential pc fag and nobody cares what he has to say because he's inherently unlikable and wrong about everything.

It's supposed to be a mix of sad and something else, cant quite get the right word for it. After all you are killing some powerful godlike being that has withered to the sad state you are fighting him in.

And here is one of the few good soundtracks from DaS3.

My favorite Dark Souls 3 songs is that one you have posted and the song that players when you fight the last boss, Soul of Cinder.

I apologize for the video, it was the only one I could find that did not have the vocals

"The monster never dies no matter how many times you kill it. It just sheds its skin and changes form."

Here's a song that's actually sad even if it sounds upbeat.

I like you user.

"Requiescat in Pace."

One of the best songs in the Max Payne trilogy.

I don't like assassin's creed.

Unironically agreed user, I think MP3 has flaws but the shift in style was actually welcome: doing noir again would have just been an inferior version of the previous games.

I know not many people like electronic music, but this is a pretty sad one.

Obligatory.

Today I will remind them

World at War, in my opinion, is more 'grit' than 'sad'. It doesn't try to humanise the other side as much as previous CoD's did. I do like what it did with moral choices though. It does a much better job than Spec Ops: The Line of explaining to you that it's your choice, not the game's, that murdering the other side is wrong.

That is WaW puts more emphasis on the sacrifices of your side than it does on the fact that the other side is doing the same for its country/people.

Well, whatever it is, it does have some pretty sad music.

True, I was just making a general comment. CoD up to 4 is 'war is shit, everyone on both sides just wants to survive'. WaW is 'war is shit but fuck the other guy, my side is best' and after MW2 it's just 'wooo snowmobiles and dual wielding war is fun'.

Holy fuck, that beginning Harp, or whatever the instrument is in the first few seconds, sounds EXACTLY like the beginning of Avalon Dam from Ace Combat Zero.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It boggles my mind how people say Modern Warfare 2 is the best Call of Duty.

nooooooOOOOOOOOOO god dammit user.

That mostly comes from anons who didn't play the earlier CoDs sadly. 1 and UO are a world apart from even 2.

forgot how amazing this song was. I'm probably younger than most people here so this is pretty nostalgic for me.
here's another good one, because what would a vidya music thread be without sonic?

Fuck man, this got me tearing up in my eyes. This… this was too much.

Skip to 1:26 for the sad/emotional part.

What's the better version of Sonic Mega Collection? The Gamecube version or the PS2 version?

Can't believe I almost forgot about this one.

Honestly it's a great OST all around.

Was always my favorite Runescape track

That soundtrack always sounded like something from Hotline Miami.

The difference is that MP3 is already at the conclusion that mindless violence/revenge doesn't solve shit, HM is more about revelling in it/

Not really the best of the Call of Duty Series, but did have some pretty good music.

Black HD Remaster
NEVER EVER
Lords of Shadow 3 never ever

Good.

God dammit, the nostalgia hits me like a truck every time I listen to this.

How can one man be this wrong?
What an opinionated fag.

He always posts his serious sam vid in the SS threads too

I agree with him.

The effects were neat at the time, but the gunplay was terrible.

i crie everitim

He's not wrong about Blacks awful DOF effect, plus he backs up why the guns in Black are retared for a game that claims to be for gun aficionados.

You mean the one fucking time where Reznov asks whether you should shoot the soldiers or burn them?

This and El Huervo - Rust. Felt so shit for all of the characters, but Richter and Beard got me the worst. All that pain for nothing. Then you quit out the game and realise the cover shows you the fate of Beard. Damn.

He was a model fighter pilot. A hero.

Please excuse me from asking you this, but which game is that song you posted and the other song you mentioned from?

Hauntingly sad, but in my top ten greatest vidya songs.

Another sad Battlefield song.

This one was actually in tribute for an employee that died.

Uncle Konami… when is Kojima coming back?
Kojima…is sick.So he went on a trip to make him better
Were not going with him?
No.He needs to be alone.
I wonder if well ever see him again..
Kojima had a hard life …He needs to rest..

I checks those quads not for honor, but for you

He's too busy taking a knee.

Did nobody really post this yet or did I miss it?

I still believe that I'm in a dream~

youtube.com/watch?v=9Fv5cuYZFC0

I love this guy so much. He's a walking "unpopular opinions" thread.

I never was able to finish it. The video describes my feelings pretty well.

I agree with this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=w7U-yTcszFI

This must be corrected.

SNAKE BEATER
:^)

The last good Battlefield soundtrack was Bad Company 2. It's a shame that they went full electronic shit after that.
Battleshieeet1 was pretty good though.

I would boot up the game and roll the credits to listen to this, since no one had uploaded it anywhere until about 2010.

Speaking of Zombi, was that game any good?

It got a pc port a while ago, give it a shot I liked it

The ultimate realization that Venom Snake had, was that Paz was never there on Mother Base.

This game's soundtrack is god-tier, and this one stuck with me to this day.

I know what you mean, but I still liked Battlefield 3. In remembrance of Bad Company 2, here is the main theme (sounds epic, but also reminds one that this game will never have a sequel).

PS2 version has more games.

my nigger

This is one of those songs that may not be sad at first, but it's reflective. Every time I hear it I think 'am I where I should be in life?' because it's not outright sad, but it does cause me to look back at my life so far.

I wish Akira Yamaoka would go back to doing game soundtracks instead of only doing a few and just coordinating the rest. Let It Die has a great soundtrack, but he only did a few songs.

Here is a song that I like to think is "reflective".

Meh.

You can probably just extract it from the game files user.

>Takes him 11 minutes to even start talking about gameplay
Britbong with wanker voice analysis videos need to be purged.

There are ~4 I think, though mostly unsignposted. It was an underused idea but I prefer that to it negatively effecting the gameplay (again: see Spec Ops: The Line).

Here are some examples of moral choices in Call of Duty: World at War.

So yes, 3 or four distinct incidents. Like I said it wasn't a major focus but it did show some degree of thought (I think it also counts shooting faggots instead of letting them be burnt to death as mercy). It's something the game should probably have pushed more but frankly I can see why they might have worried about showing the Germans to be too human/the Soviets to be too brutal.

Hotline Miami 2

You could post a large portion of EVE's OST because it's godly, but this one was always my favorite.

Fun fact, this song is actually a computerized version of a song that Jon "Jops" Hare created for his high school love. The real version with lyrics is called Narcissus and is actually a pretty good song.

To this day I still come back to this song for some SERIOUS somber feels. It fucking haunts me.

In THAT one video, he's right about certain things… but then again, so is DSP about Mr. Shitface, so retards can make good points.

The problem is that he spams his videos in threads related to the videogame he "rips apart", and then cries when people don't like his videos and prove him he's wrong.
Case in point, Serious Sam's video, he literally exposes himself as to why his opinion on the more arcade like shooters can be discarded.
He enjoys similation games and RTS games more than any FPS.
Goes on random tangents that go nowhere to bitch about the game, when there COULD have been legit criticisms done but no, apparently videogames raped him or something.

Anyways, back on the thread's topic.
This song gets me sad for some reason. But then again, it's well made, so I can't fault it.

also Max Payne 3 is fucking terrible

Proto Man had a hard life.

Holy shit OP, kill yourself along with the other anons I'm quoting, at the very least fuckoff back to cuckchan with your shit taste, goddamn, this is supposed to be a comfy thread.

I never said that this was supposed to be a "comfy thread". I said for anons to simply post songs from video games that make them feel said. Tell me, did you even bother reading the title of this thread?

Author died not long after the game was released.

Listening to this projects a feeling of hopelessness for me. Tying into what you said, it's like nothing great ever lasts. When someone like Gwyn fell to such a pitiful state, it makes you wonder how much worse it would be for you.

when the turnabout sisters theme kicks in

What the fuck.

I remember playing this game so much when I was younger and Manaan exclusively when my parents fought or when I came in from school with every day being absolutely shitty. I hated school since I had never had friends. Listening to it now gives a solemn lonely feel.

Dead Island probably had one of the most depressing sounding themes in all of video game history.

Unfortunate that the game was shit.

it's alright user, i'm here for you now

Not only did you clearly fail to read the OP but
Gameplaywise Battlefield has been shit since 2142 and even that was a major step down from 2.

Well, at least your taste in games wasn't shit

You stupid faggot chucklefucks who hate exactly the things you are supposed with the popular opinion of the board to to appear to be "1337 0ldfags" piss me off to no end.

… I wonder if this what Butters meant by "A Beautiful Sadness"

It's the start of November in the North Eastern US, It shouldn't be raining this much

Ha ha ha get the fuck out of here nigger who the fuck do you think you are telling people to go back to cuckchan ha ha ha

Objective: Survive

World at War is a strange anomaly to say the least. I've never seen a Call of Duty that both focuses on the action and the historical components and the emotional components of the people you fight with. The ones up to 4 minus Big Red One, which focused more on the squad, wanted to have the players move through the battles as if they were there. 3 tried to do the same thing WaW did but I think it fell a little flat. WaW however is a perfect balance by using the Japanese as the savage enemy and you and your brother in arms are tied by blood, while the Soviet side focuses more on the senseless brutality and moral ambiguity of the war. These are written into the game all the while it has satisfying action and gore.

ok this isnt sad song but i need the name of it the second song that starts at 0:57

My nigger

This really makes my inner body feel warmer while I get the feel to release tears from my eyes. I wasn't expecting this theme to come up out of a cool radical edgy game.

gotcha covered.

I remember listening to this track in the soundtest a lot.

Honestly, this game presented some pretty complex feelings for a game made for children.

Last of Us is a shit game, true, but fuck you the music is probably one of the only good things you can praise about it. Kill yourself for being an assfrustrated cock slut bitch.

Thanks whoever posted this in a gondola dump recently, it's still the same that hits me with feels the most.
Are the Holla Forums elysium threads still going or what? I want to join in

*it still the same, hits me with the most feels

love you user

The dream must end, user. The Windfish must wake…

Every variation of Beneath The Mask is just perfect

R.I.P. My nigga Emerl. One of the very best post-Genesis Sonic characters.

You've never played an MGS game in your life.

I remember reading through all the Archie comics that were included in the game's gallery. I spent so long listening to this the whole time. The song's title is "History", and it hurts knowing that the glory days of Sonic are left behind in galleries labeled nothing more than history.

It was expected to be featured in the sequel, but it caught me off guard to hear it in another licensed game of theirs, too. Of course, it was played to great effect in that game, as well.

This one always made me feel sad and I'm not sure why.

You still attribute everything written by Tomokazu Fukushima to a failed libtard film director.

Thank you, I had forgotten

I was playing Automata, when I stumbled on the secret area where Kaine Salvation was being played. Then it dawned me that everything so far in the game, paled in comparison.

You told her you wouldn't leave her, user…

You can stop shilling your shit now faggot, everyone already hates you.

fuck.

It's a shame there are people who haven't expierenced ODST's soundtrack because >le baby's first fps.

youtube.com/watch?v=a70h0cX8AMM
youtube.com/watch?v=utg1wmeToNc
youtube.com/watch?v=AQRH6kLMa1k
youtube.com/watch?v=bmWbQTtt2dY
youtube.com/watch?v=FpgKoJJKRXI
youtube.com/watch?v=1lSBUYXRwvQ

Halo 2's is damn fantastic as well and has a number of tracks that would fit the thread, not sure if I'll post them though

i wish those games had more content in them, i like the artstyle and i'd like the combat if it had any difficulty.

Crisis Core's entire soundtrack is pretty sad, and has a special place in my heart for it. I know in retrospect that CC is way too dumb for most people to take it seriously, but it really struck chords with me at the time.

Would you say I became a hero?

Visual novels are video games.

;_;

Welcome home, John.