Have you ever liked a video game cartoon or movie?

Have you ever liked a video game cartoon or movie?

Or comic book I guess.

Basically looking for recommendations ever since I saw the Earthworm Jim cartoon and found it pretty enjoyable.

I watched the Darkstalker OVA but it wasn't particularly memorable.

The Netflix Castlevania series was honestly pretty top-tier for me.

Opposite question: Are there any Film/Tv show games that are worth playing, besides the well-known ones like Ducktales and Aladdin?

just stick to actual anime, user

I hope you are not paying for a Netflix subscription.

…and there it is. I knew there was something Holla Forums would hate about it, I was just wondering what it was.

I'm going to enjoy Season 3 or 4, when they do Symphony of Night.

I've liked the various Mega Man cartoons, but that doesn't mean that any of them are good.
The Archie Mega Man comics are outrageously good. Very obviously made by people who truly love and understand both the series and fandom.

dude, it sucked. They used what, one castlevania song? The shit was predictable tripe. Really, in such a great year for anime you like that castlevania shit?

He pays for Netflix, what do you expect from him?

I pray he gets better

I haven't watched anything new this year. What are the must sees, user? Going to check out thegoodreboot(?), but apart from that I've no clue what's good.

Goddamit, Mark.

shoujo shuumatsu ryokou, mahoujin guru guru, dragon maid, princess principal and what's likely the best anime in the past decade, made in abyss

just want to clarify about made in abyss, if you are uncertain if the show will be good watch the first 7 minutes of episode 1 and you'll have your answer

perfectly inoffensive sol

Forgot picture
Really good source of reaction images since earthworm jim is so animated

Exactly, it's painfully boring.

Nah, watchcartoononline, the good one.

It was 2-3 days of entertainment for me, and I got laid in the middle of an episode. I took it for what it was, a tentative reach into Castlevania as a series that changed the lore because it was trying to set itself up for the Symphony of Night Arc, but didn't want to dive right in and be known for completely fucking up the best Castlevania game with their Pilot. By the time they reach Symphony, they'll have settled out of the "New Series" hangups, and we'll get a decent storyline.
And as far as the "Western Anime" thing goes… I Really didn't care. I thought it looked decent, and really didn't care what it was classified as.

is that Sophie from tales of graces f? :^)

Wakfu and Dofus

Some of the big/acclaimed/talked about shows this year (excluding sequels) have been Made in Abyss, Tsuki ga Kirei, Youjo Senki, Princess Principal, Little Witch Academia, Re:CREATORS and Kemono Friends. Eromanga-sensei and Dragon Maid triggered the everloving shit out of everyone and created the world's largest saltmine, because such is life in current year. Gabriel DropOut, Sakura Quest and Gamers! are also worth checking out.

There's good shows this season too (so far).

Everything you've said only makes me entirely discount your opinion on anime. I guess I'll be skipping the Castlevania show

I never considered to actually be an anime. It's not one. That's an entirely different focus for me.

The first Silent Hill movie was "okay".

You'll enjoy it some day.

I have watched enough to know I don't, you don't even know my age.

Super Mario Bros. Super Show. Loved it as a kid.

Sonic SatAM and AoSTH were also good, though I cringed at AoSTH when I was a kid, just seemed to randumb to me.

Regardless of whatever reputation they have I always enjoyed the Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Mario Bros, Movies. that could simply be because I watched them allot at a young age, but I still enjoy them to this day.

I'd pay to have this cartoon air on cartoon channels everywhere.

This is not a cartoon

If you mean people talked about how shit it was and how the core concept had wasted potential

It has a 7.68 average on MAL. Most people gave it an 8.

Of course the chanverse is going to say it's shit. They say that about everything, to show how cool they are.

People on MAL are fucking brainless. Five minutes of critical thinking blows hundreds of holes in the plot of that disaster.

Where the fuck do people talk like this

MAL is filled with retards.

MAL represents what most people think about anime, and if they're brainless then /a/ must represent some kind of anti-brain.

And normalfag taste represents what most people think of video games, but it doesn't make assassin's creed a good series.

Re:CREATORS isn't bad because /a/ says it is. They think everything is bad. Their opinion doesn't count for shit.

I watched all of it and I think it's bad. Have you? Nothing in the goddamn show adds up. The writing is awful. The budget was completely busted, 90% of the episodes were talking heads in a room and 10% were action. None of the action scenes even made sense in context.

This one and the prince of persia movie, I would even consider rewatching the silent hill movie. Its been a while for me now

I don't need to. Its not about age.

What the fuck is your problem anyway? Imageboards are the home of people who can actually think, while sites like MAL are normalfag central, and we all know how bad normalfags taste is. So why is /a/ some kind of boogeyman to you? Because it's not Holla Forums? Grow up, we're all on Holla Forums for a reason. I bet you went over there and tried to discuss some show in faggoty meme-speak or talked about 3DPD and they banned you for 24 hours for being a faggot, and this is your butthurt manifesting.

Watched it with 2 friends. At the end I was the only one still awake. CGI was shit. Obvious nods to the gameplay of the source material like the radio static were silly.
The music and some of the cinematography was nice, but not really a good movie.

you have to go back

Your taste is awful and honestly no better than the guy who liked castlevania

I'll be generous and chalk this one up to naivety.

4chan's /a/ defense force always used this excuse too. Anyone who didn't think /a/ was god's gift to humanity must have posted some wrongthink and gotten banned, no other explanation.

/a/ thinks that by being as cynical, paranoid, closed-minded and otherwise negative as possible and cramming every post full of as many buzzwords as possible is a recipe for patrician intellectualism and superior taste. It's not.

I didn't say anything about downvoting, redditor.

See, here's a good example of the /a/ mindset in action. OF COURSE all anime this year is shit! Just like it is every other year. Are we being cool yet?

I'm still waiting for the day hollywood gets the hint that live action video game movies just don't work and start doing animation instead. But then again, they still try to promote animation is kids only, so that might never happen.

Sure they work. The problem with Doom, Alone in the Dark, Max Payne and Hitman wasn't that they just don't work as live action movies, the problem was the producers/whoever made unnecessary changes and didn't understand what to focus on.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This is some excellent bait.

Imageboards are just as prone to circlejerking and hive mind mentality, especially when you factor in anonimity someone can pretend to be multiple people to influence a popular opinion. The good news is that usually people are aware of it on imageboards and try to avoid it like other forums have no self awareness.

Do you even know what bait means?

You clearly have never even looked at the front page of /a/ before, let alone lurked enough to ever see the "/a/ mindset".

I've been to both variants and know all too well how full of shit they are. There's just this very large gap between what /a/ thinks it's like and what it's actually like.

They're full of shit alright, but for the complete opposite reason you accuse them of.

Yeah whatever. I've been there, I know what I've seen, and I know /a/ is unaware of its own nature.

It's ok user, /a/ can be pretty bad sometimes like every board.

Mahou tsukai no yome

I actually like the Silent Hill Movie. It’s not a good adaptation, fuck no, but as a weird spooky fantasy flick it hits the right atmospheric notes. It’s also a thousand times better than the 3D garbage that followed, holy shit.

I’m shocked how positive people are toward the mediocre Castlevania show. It spends half its runtime talking about goat fucking, has cheap animation, shit music and doesn’t even have Grant. Shit’s bad and anyone who says it’s even remotely decent should feel bad about their life choices.

I still remember the Ninja Gaiden and Virtual Fighter OVAs. I expected nothing better. I guess the Street Fighter animoo theatrical movie was alright, but weebshit based on vidya is rarely better than lukewarm trash.

This guy right here.
I can't get enough of sam & max

Alright, how and why? It was a very simple game about demons taking over the UAC labs or the world and they fucked that up. Almost all of the monsters were zombies and just generic zombies that charge at you, not possessed soldiers with loaded guns like from the games. You only got like one actual demon in the entire movie.

I'll admit this anime is probably not good, and the only reason I liked it is because I loved the Viewtiful Joe games at the time.

And it wasnt even a real demon because they were too scared to trigger people with demons so its now an lab experiment.

I liked like Pokemon a lot, and the anime was fun.
4Kids localization aside, the ad-libbing Team Rocket did was golden.
Apparently the new show changed most of the VAs and they don't sound as good.

I still can't believe this exists.

One of the few excellent adaptions.

Wakfu counts as both a videogame, cartoon and comic and they are all good
Except the game

What's wrong with Netflix? I can watch all my Star Trek on it.

I really liked Sonic X

They probably fund pozz'd shit- and not just by what programs they greenlight and show.
Not to mention it encourages the idea of using an email to access programming (you have to have a mainstream email account to access programming), or that your paying one person to watch all your TV (as oppose to it being free in most nations on earth).

It produces propaganda and it is funded by soros.

Learn to pirate you noob

It produced this.

I watched a little of the cg donkey kong cartoon when I was a kid but I don't remember much about it. I was fine with it at the time.
I liked the live action mario movie too but when I rewatched it semi recently, I was too bored to finish it.

this year has been fantastic, unless you're too much of a stubborn baby that is thoroughly convinced anime will never surpass evanjellyon, cowboy beep boop, trigger gun, or logh.

What is logh? Nonweeb asking.

legend of the galactic heroes or log horizon if you really just want to ruin the joke

Any of the on-demand services like Netflix that aren't pozzed? Not for myself (piracy or unplug the TV) but for the family to encourage them to switch to the least pozzed one.
All I know about is Amazon's equivalent.

there's probably a nice home server solution you can setup with a NAS.

To be fair you have to have a really high IQ to browse imageboards, etc

The game is the adaptation though.

I watched and bought it while i was shopping right after work.
In a time where not everyone had access to internet all the time. Also it was a stressful day and i needed a movie get away from everything.

It's an "ok" movie when you switch your brain out.
I still remember the ego shooter scene while i imagined playing a game like that.
The FOV is awful tho.

Nobody cares what he thinks about Re:CREATORS. It's completely beside the point.

I really hate the way people think that because something is merely mentioned, they must immediately give their opinion on it and everyone must listen.

If you really didn't care you wouldn't have responded. The comic attempts to belittle someones opinion without providing any sort of tangible reason.

Anyways, you gave your opinion of the show first. Someone responded with theirs. They didn't just responded because the show was mentioned. It also wasn't even an aggressive post. It was a basic critique.

You're really going for this argument? Really?

Why do I need to provide "tangible reasons" when his opinion on the show is completely irrelevant?

Did I now? All I said was:

That is exactly what they did. It's indisputable.