Emulation Thread: RetroarchLeaks Edition

retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/10/28/loganmc10-drama-part-ii/

Before asking any questions: Read the wiki!
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

FAQ
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Need_Games?
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files
The jury's still out.
Check the wiki.
Read this: forums.libretro.com/t/an-input-lag-investigation/4407
Original via adapter. If that's not an option, basically anything but Logitech.

Other urls found in this thread:

retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/
retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/10/28/loganmc10-drama-part-ii/
github.com/x360ce/x360ce/issues/661
archive.is/HF5Gv
rpcs3.net/compatibility,
web.archive.org/web/20170130025213/https://github.com/GLupeN64/GLupeN64/issues/167
xboxdevwiki.net/Emulators
wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq#Microphone
gitlab.com/isdatbolby/Retroarch-fumigated
github.com/ihaveamac/3dsconv
psndl.net/view-package/3392
archive.is/Lla8g
archive.is/MnP8X
ebay.com/itm/NEW-SwapMagic-3-Coder-V3-8-USA-CD-DVD-Slide-Tools-V4-Parts/112616409992?hash=item1a38760b88:g:9uEAAOSwAHtZ8AcY
ebay.com/itm/Free-McBoot-FMCB-1-953-8MB-Memory-Card-Save-Record-For-PS2-PlayStation-2-Console/263255868621?hash=item3d4b45c4cd:g:aQ8AAOSw~V9Z3HFG
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2
reddit.com/r/CemuPiracy/comments/78tg9q/online_ready_zip_by_alex_s_missing_the_accountdat/
retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/08/06/radius-drama/
libretro.com/index.php/homebrew-carts-from-mega-cat-studios/
pbernert.com/gpupeopssoftwin118b.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I follow that angrylion git repository and was surprised to see that autistic outburst by someone over fucking nothing.

>retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/
Why should I care?

the other one already dead? Sorry didn't pay attention since the gaf happenings, thanks for making another emu thread.
Original PS1 dual stick with usb adapter or/and xbox 360 gamepad

what am i missing on my emu vault?

The original PS1 dualshock would use only Dinput. You could find cheaper chink knockoffs which do the same.
The 360 pad's dpad is garbage which means any game which relies on it(like mischief makers) would shit to play with. However it uses Xinput which is more supported than Dinput in modern emulators.

anyone got a tl;dr version?

yeah but the ps1 dualshock was actually made very well, a shame it doesn't have xinput or is more supported by the emu scene, therefore i use both, 360/ps1

You shouldn't, and it doesn't belong in the OP of an emulation general.

Retroarch's patreon fund manager goes apeshit like he is known to do.

>retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/10/28/loganmc10-drama-part-ii/
what the heck, that is halfchan faggotry from the gatekeepers of the emuscene. Why even pay attention to f-celebs.a

Depends, how complete are those collections?

Just the "leader" of Retroarch being a real piece of shit and endangering the project by throwing yet another unprovoked, volatile spergout.

You should be able to use an xinput wrapper with both the DS and DS2.

Why not post about emulation, user-kun?

A wrapper isn't going to fix all problems like lack of vibration support and improper dead zones
At least it didn't in my case.

It should. Using x360ce with my old Cordless Rumblepad 2 gave me full vibration support in xinput games, and DS4Windows does the same for my DS4. Checking the x360ce git and there are users with Dualshock 2s that have working force feedback.

When I tried it, it didn't register the motors in my controller. I just gave up and bought a controller which can switch between Dinput and Xinput.

There's quite a few steps you need to go through to get it working. Have you tried what aitte2 outlines in his second post here: github.com/x360ce/x360ce/issues/661 ?

Any hope of Citra being less than shit before the year ends?

no

no unless you have at least 15k to donate

They already do nothing with the donations they get. The real reason you won't see progress in Citra any time soon is because the project is open source in the name only. Contributers sit on their code for months on end before releasing it to the public. Earlier they used to make pull requests on github but didn't merge them to master(leading to a whole slew of "secret builds") but now with bleeding edge/canary builds, contributors just sit on the code.

For what purpose?
Are they afraid about Nintendo?
Do they just wait for end of lifetime for 3DS?
Or something even more stupid?

Nobody knows.
Here is a direct casualty of the shitshow
archive.is/HF5Gv
TL;DR Contributor starts working on solving issues with Samus Returns only to find out that someone else had already done it halfway through. Its been almost a month and said fixes haven't even been pushed as a PR to the main repository.

They need to handle documentation and who is doing what better.

Fuck off Logan.

Logan did absolutely nothing inflammatory in that thread.
Why does the king autist have defenders? He doesn't even contribute anything meaningful to retroarch.

Things don't happen in a void user, if a guy is a piece of shit to you and start popping out everywhere you go for no real reason it falls under provocation.

SP might be a retarded autist with no self control but even then he's not as much of a piece of shit as Logan.

Logan doesn't contribute anything useful either so why would you defend him, going by your own logic.

The king autist already has him blocked in all his domain. All his interactions are one sided

Because he was banned from the retroarch repository. He still works on Mupen64plus, something which TwinAphex claimed was stagnant before throwing a shitfit to the detriment of libretro as a whole.

What's the current state of dreamcast, playstation, and nintendo 64 emulation?

I seriously hope you faggots aren't still using the Contrasty Plugin for BotW on CEMU and are using the superior Clarity Plugin instead that's a continuation of its development.

Okay, excellent, decent with a high-tier cpu..

Has the banjo tooie randomly freezing issue finally been fixed?

So what's the deal with the PS3 emulator?
I heard several months ago they released (technically) playable recordings of games (framerate tanked like a bitch but it worked more or less), did it move anywhere from there?

Redream is kind of chugging along, Demul had a new version recently and is still the best in terms of accuracy.
Mednafen has been focusing on its Sega Saturn emulation so there isn't anything new to report and PCSXR PGXP hasn't been updated since April.
some work related to gauntlet legends was done but I can't really test it.

It only happens in Mupen64plus last I checked. Has been fixed in PJ64 for a long time.

It's been years since I touched PJ64, I think next time I'm in the mood for some nintendo 64 emulation I'll give it a try.

some games work really well, others don't even boot.

RPCS3 has advanced a shitload from back then. I personally finished persona 5 on it (albeit at oftentimes shitty framerates). It now has both OpenGL and Vulkan (which performs miles ahead of OpenGL), shader caching, and rather recently, supersampling. What's interesting is, supersampling does not impact performance since rendering is the only thing that's performed on the GPU, with the rest of the emulation being done on the CPU. This means you basically need to supersample last-gen titles, which is a cakewalk for any modern GPU.

But yeah, is right, many games still don't work at all.

Blocking on Github works in mysterious ways apparently so everything he says outside of libretro controlled repos is visible even if he blocked him.

After some drama about a PR he didn't wanna accept for very autistic (although understandable) reasons muh upstream friendlyness and after the whole thing devolved into shitflinging and him leaving the project entirely culminating in him deleting a bunch of his shit from the repo himself (issue messages and PR desciption which is actually something you kinda want to have access to) and him getting banned for that.

tl;dr an easily baited autist and a spiteful retard meet, buisness as usual in the emulation scene
I really dislike having to even defend SP, fucker can't behave and that caused problems with actual devs that are actually acting professional towards him despite his behavior like ekeeke and recaptcha probably hrydgard too

Slow and steady, you can play DeS in 4k right now with decent framerate if your PC is good (4690k / some graphic card that isn't total shit and supports Vulkan), maybe even a bunch of other game, the more interesting shit isn't happening soon maybe in a year or so the situation will be better

No fucking shit. He is blocked from libretro repository, not the entire site.
Then don't. Its people like you who enable his cancerous behavior because he knows no matter how much he fucks up, he will have people defending or damage controlling for him.

One would expect it to at-least hide shit from people you blocked, like pretty much every other block function in every other fucking site

You can fuck right off.

According to compatibility rpcs3.net/compatibility, at the very least 80.32% of PS3 games will play the intro and you can see and interact with the main menu.

Its github not fucking Twitter. Even then its not hard to ignore posts made by people you don't want to interact with. Loganmc10 didn't even use @ command to him.

You still haven't provided a single case of logan being a hack here.
In this entire scenario SP comes off as an unhinged lunatic(which he is). Its like an MS Paint strawman comic in real life.

Should I be worried about Retroarch?

Intro might as well be nothing tbh. The distinction is purely for developers/testers.

Use the software if you want to but don't do anything beyond that.

Well that's basically what I do, Retroarch is convenient.

Not really. It's just impotent whining reminiscent of SJWs or 1cc getting butthurt about the guy who is emulating ringedge hardware.

Ah, so it's just people being faggots. Well as long as it remains free then that's fine I guess.

Potentially, since he could drive off more contributors, but realistically the only cores worth using are already fine in their current state, so even if everything ground to a halt tomorrow, it'd still be good enough.

So regarding 3ds emulation: Is it possible to convert pirated cia files into decrypted 3ds files without a 3ds? Have looked at a few tutorials, but people always say you need a legit cia file, which makes me think you need a cia file you ripped yourself?

I'm not disagreeing but if I needed a block function I'd expect it to block people from my view entirely, it completely defeats the point otherwise

If you're just gonna turn a blind eye to Logan's shitty behavior because SP is a bigger target there's really nothing to say

Which he probably is, but that doesn't stop Logan from having a part in it, the whole byuu thing was far worse for far longer and for far less actual reasons and somehow SP ended up compromising and now all is well

If you're gonna start worrying about the behavior of people who make emulator you're not gonna end up emulating much user, loads of completely retarded liberal / special snowflake pronouns users / delusions of grandeur / extreme sexual deviancy / intense autism over nothing / mentally unstable people

eh if he pisses that many people off, they will just fork it.

Nope. To decrypt a cia file("legit" or pirated) you need the system files dumped from a 3DS(arm9.bin and arm7.bin) and since most of the 3DS scene are huge moralfags nobody has released them for general use like the PS1 bios.

That's what I was afraid of. Still you'd think at least the 3ds fags here would be reasonable enough to dump them.

Not wanting to work with the huge autist that is Twinaphex is not a small disagreement. Why would anyone want to cooperate with him?
Hell if I remember correctly TwinAphex blew his steam over something which didn't even happen later on.
As opposed to what? How is that relevant to his spat with the king autist? Sounds more like you are trying to gaslight him to damage control.

[Citation needed]

You still haven't provided a single example. Especially in this case.
I don't give a shit about how many other people TwinAphex has his petty feuds with, keep them off of other people's repositories.

Sony's legal abuse really did cause a chilling effect on every single aspect of device jailbreaking, didn't it…

Nah. Its just that the people in Nintendo hacking scene are huge moralfags. BIOS files for PS1 and PS2 are very easy to find and RPCS3 can get the BIOS directly from Sony's site.
Its probably an exclusivity thing more than anything else.

4B67M-QJWHL-92P7D

When you act like a deranged wannabe mid-level manager with everyone around you, everyone is going to get the fuck out as soon as possible unless you pay them a lot of money.

Not even the most hardcore FSF ideologues would work pro-bono on those conditions.

web.archive.org/web/20170130025213/https://github.com/GLupeN64/GLupeN64/issues/167
That was the thing that triggered it all, SP doing a fork because he didn't want to maintain upstream friendliness because it interfered with some libretro specific stuff, Logan had no problem working with SP until that.
After that happened thing got sorted for a while and Logan just dropped the project again with no reason to start working on m64p, after having scored some hardware from SP under the assumption he would maintain the core.

Because maybe he actually acts like that when people actually wrong him, you don't see him going on rampages against other people that quit his project, even sometimes because of his outbursts (Alcaro and AliasSpider to name a few)

Why'd you ask evidence on why Logan is a hack if you're just gonna deflect it by claiming it has no relevance despite you asking for it?

Just look at his comment history in the GLideN64 repo

Oh look the main big thing you conveniently ignored because you somehow wanna make logan look like he dindunuthin

He is now treated as traitor by SP, same as logan.

05:30 I’ve thrown money at people before
05:30 like aliaspider
05:30 and loganmc10
05:30 both those guys stabbed me in the bac
05:30 back*

2017-10-22T18:35:57 is there a sane SDK to use yet? instead of that homebrew stuff aliaspider made? kinda getting fed up of us having to continue dealing with the mess he dumped on us
2017-10-22T18:36:20 dude isn’t around to maintain this anymore so if there is something better to use
2017-10-22T18:36:27 let’s cut our losses and use that then

2017-10-22T20:32:06 I’m not sure if there is a point to even continue with aliaspider’s crappy code in here
2017-10-22T20:32:10 seems like a huge waste of time then

0/10 spergout

I wonder if this is the same guy that sperged out on the irc channel over Sega not picking Unity over their emulator for their phone games. That was the day I switched to Mednafen and never looked back. What a crybaby bitch.

Sega not picking their emulator over Unity*

Yeah it's him, he mistook SEGA wanting to test the waters with a verbal contract so he started pushing some changes specifically towards that, wasn't gonna happen anyways since ekeeke said he's never budging on GPGX being non commercial.

Wtf? they both have horrible dpads.

Good if you know what you're doing.

How long till Odyssey is playable on Cemu?

user, Mario Odyssey is only for switch.
Also Cemu is closed source, don't use it.

oh fug, I thought cemu was a switch emu. didn't realize botw also dropped on wiiu.

How? Have you never visited the website?

no, I haven't had any interest in any of these recent jewtendo games, but odyssey seemed comfy.

Odyssey is betty comfy

I decided to check out RPCS3, Persona 5 successfully boots but is unplayable, which is about what I expected really. Are there PS3 games that are considered easy to run? It can be any game, I mostly just want to try the emulator out.

What kind of toaster are you even running

Catherine, Okami HD, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

tip top kek

Suggestion for best scale/shader combinations to make PS1 games look less jaggedy?

2x and whatever shader you find good to look at although a good monitor is enough with just that I feel.

the problem is with the 2d backgrounds and 3d ultra low pixel characters, the contrast is too screaming
but 2x sai? scale2x? hq2x? nn2x?

there is no real solution to this.
It all comes down to what you prefer vs what you are willing to ignore

the 'goat' shader was the one that made the most noticeable effect,
kinda of emulation scanlines, it sort of decreases overall quality, darkens everything, but makes the overall appearance better

Oh you mean scaling shader not internal res scale, I'd avoid scaling filters with 3D entrirely, it's even worse looking than on 2D imo.
Everything PS1 I play in 2x resolution via the software rendere in Beetle PSX with either no CRT shader or crt hyllian 3D
But if you're using ePSXe/PCSXR you won't have access to those at all and I dunno what sort of shaders they propose.

I'm emulating psp for the first time and apparently i'm doing something wrong.
I want to play some darkstalkers, but all the sprites are missing, both in the menus and in game. Please help.

Have you checked the forums to see if it's supposed to be compatible
Have you tried changing renderer
Have you tried reverting to an older version (they're kinda breaking more shit than they're fixing nowadays)

what frontend is that?

Launchbox.

is CEMU on AMD working yet?

Fuck off idiot. Show us your amazing open source Wii U emulator then.

A CRT

Those are all garbage. Use a proper shader like Lottes, Geom, Royale, Hylian etc

oh yeah, I didn't say it but I'm using the mednafen emulator

Ideally you play on a CRT, otherwise 2x IR with a decent CRT shader provides a nice balance.

Is there anything better than launchbox/bigbox for a front end?

you can apparently play through demon souls to the end without much hassle.

True but you're starting to look at a decetly good CPU to get you there fullspeed, those I named run on i3 or worse just fine.

Also reminder
xboxdevwiki.net/Emulators

Such as? I'm buying a new rig from the ground up and I'm looking for a gud CPU for emulation. I'd like to do 6th gen for sure and 7th (especially CEMU) would be nice if they don't run into the ~$500 range.

If you can afford it right now the 3 k models from the new Coffee Lake lineup are the best you'll get, the 8700k has it's use if you're really interested in PS3 emulation but the 8600k and 8350k remain solid choices even for that.
Demon Souls itself needs something in the ballpark of a 4690k @ stock or more to really be fullspeed iirc

What MOBOs should I be looking at to avoid bottlenecking?

Cheapest Z370 in whatever brand you like, mobos don't matter quite as much as they used to.

Ah, okay then.

Darkstalkers has some strange issues on PPSSPP. In my case, setting the rendering mode to "Read to Memory (GPU, glitches) makes the sprites appear, but it still may have issues like the menu appearing behind background elements

I want to talk about this, and I'm sure as fuck not taking it to the original hardware thread because it will bring out the CRT autists, but lately I've noticed just how much scan lines compliment the otherwise rough picture of fifth generation consoles. I use original hardware through a framemeister and I have to say adding scan lines to PS1 and N64 games makes them look insanely better, taking otherwise rough or fuzzy visuals and making them sharp and seem like they were actually made in a higher definition. I may come back later with screen captures later showing what I'm talking about and comparing shots with and without scanlines, or I might not because I'm a lazy fuck too busy playing vidya.

What I'm trying to say is if you're gonna play 5th gen games via emulation or however on a modern monitor I suggest adding memelines, for that generation they really help the image quality quite the bit.

Thanks, it works now.

What is a good DS emulator that doesn't need a supercomputer to run and what are good DS games that don't require stylus input or other original hardware specific quirks (which I'm assuming aren't possible with emulators, like blowing into the mic).

what do you mean? Desmume runs on anything from the last 10 years, if you must use a craptop then No$GBA is your best bet, but dont get barebones No$GBA because that is shit, you need an utility known as Zoomer, which basically makes no$GBA not suck too much, search for a prepackaged version that already includes it.

Also if you must, try getting Desmume 0.9.9 that one is the least demanding of the versions, it's old but it works

Desmume is not that good (it has audio crackling issues in particular), but it has reasonable system requirements and emulates the stylus with the mouse. I was playing The World Ends with You and thought I was done for when it turned out that there was an obligatory mic section, but instead the voice-activated pin just activated constantly, perhaps triggered by the background music, which was good in my situation.

Desmume for a little longer, everything else is still VIP.
In Desmume you can set microphone to key button.
However, way to do that depends on your OS.
wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq#Microphone
Stylus input sucks, if you don't set emulator to horizontal position.

Thanks guys. I'm going to try out Pokemon White and see how i get on. Does the emulator have a fast forward button? That tends to make JRPGs more bearable when fighting trash mobs

I've always read that scanlines "trick your brain into filling in the blanks" resulting in a more detailed image, but I've never seen that tackled from a scientific perspective so I don't know if that's the exact reason why they appear to improve the image, but they do appear to improve the image.

Shoo shoo.

as someone who grew up playing games on CRTs for the first half of her life, no, no they don't. this is pure and unabashed hipsterism, scanlines add nothing to an image aside from an unjustified feeling of legitimacy and your examples are clear at that

Hah. It's okay user, this is a safe space from those wicked, mean old crtfags. Show me on the plain doll where the scanlines touched you.

blank lines (not scanlines, every line on a crt is a scanline) is used to achieve progressive scan on standard definition sets. It also resulted in things like manipulating color bleeding across blacks to achieve shading, darken the image to balance contrast.

They are an integral part of the 240p image, and the games do not have more detail than 240 lines to resolve. Their actual effect during play is not only a progressive image but also to create extended detail in the image. As someone who uses CRT every day (in fact I just got a new one!) it isn't something you actively notice, more something you need to observe deliberately. They don't trick your brain, they manipulate your CRT into showing more detail/blending than it's actually capable of at SD progressive scan.

For example, look at how the light/white color lines are thicker than the darker lines. This is used in 240p images as a form of color blending, as it's quite literally a light bloom.

Interesting explanation, thank you based crtanon.

Someone make me a Demon Souls TAS that I can run on RSPC3 before I actually play. That way I won't have to play through all the damn "compile" stutters!

Could someone help me find a way to convert Famicom Disk System ROMs from a ".tds" file with a TNESd header into a regular ".fds" file? Also, I need to help figuring out how to extract and decrypt Gamer Gear ROMs from a ".GG.m" format into regular ".GG" files.

I must admit that I am a bit of a moralfag, but there are some things that I don't really see a problem with. What files need extraction and how can I do it (Without damaging my system)?

I guess someone should invest in making Mednafen and/or a few other emulators ported to systems instead of having the entire line of emulators for a system run through one project (Unfortunately, I can't do a darn thing about it because I cannot program worth a damn). If I may say though, that's the one problem with everything being open-source. Someone may grow to get an ego problem and could take an entire project dow with them. Also, side question, how is Kega Fusion entirely closed-source, still considered one of the best Sega emulators, hasn't received an update in years, and, yet, two of those points are used as a put-down for every other project out there?

It's the exact opposite, since anyone with internet access could fork it.
That statement doesn't really mean anything, since VBA-M is "one of the best" GBA emulators, but it still gets dumped on by mGBA, in the same way Kega gets dumped on by GenesisPlusGX unless you really want to emulate one of those 36 32x games.

did you bleach half of the keys?

Like this?
gitlab.com/isdatbolby/Retroarch-fumigated

No other 32X emulator comes close to it for now, GPGX is better everywhere else, especially now that it has Overclocking and brand new audio emulation code that is supposedly much closer to the actual thing.
But let's face it unlike ZSNES for example or even VBA it doesn't have any major glaring issues with emulation so people will likely just use it until the OS they use doesn't run it anymore.

Retroarch is just a reference implementation of the libretro API meaning anyone else can make their own core player, infact some project like that exist (ZMZ, bizhawk etc), problem is that most of the project went dead or are stuck in limbo for various reasons.

See:

There's too much in the way of legal risks. Not worth it at this point in time. Wait until the system dies, and then people might start doing more.

Which is better for genesis emulation?
Kega Fusion
or Genesis Plus GX? (Or whatever the retroarch core is called)

Genesis Plus GX except for 32X which it can't do at all.

That, and the source build scripts blindly create local copies of everything anyway. I've got 4 gigabytes in multiple MAME copies wasting space on my hard drive for no fucking reason

Screencapping just in case we have another scanline discussion.

Desmume runs natively on PC. Then there is Drastic which requires you to jump through hoops for a superior experience.

github.com/ihaveamac/3dsconv
you need to dump the 3ds bootrom to decrypt 3ds games to run on Citra.
Do note it is a copyrighted file so if you actually plan on sharing it make sure nothing can be traced back to you.

is there a way to configure sensitivity for gamepads sticks on linux?
feels like 50% of most games difficulty with it is based solely on awkward movements and aim

Why are OG hardware and CRT fags so fucking obnoxious?

Sunk cost/time.
I realized that not long after getting myself a PS2 because PCSX2 was really just too shit for me to handle.

PS2 and XB are the only consoles worth owning, everything else can be emulated fine.

True but what most hardwarefag won't tell you is that especially for PS2 there's tons of hidden cost and pitfalls, XBOX is okay just need to remember that the RGB output is shit and to just use it on an HDTV with component in.

DC / SS is kinda flaky too, but not worth owning the console over.
Especially with the retarded backup loading on those unless you spend over 100 bucks on the ODE.

They all mostly come from cuckchan or reddit from the way they argue. They just fling insults when you try to explain to them how emulation is objectively better.

I hear people in other threads say they use Kega fusion; is there any notable advantage for the GX?

Better audio

GPGX now has overclocking, basically complete compatibility (only thing that doesn't run properly afaik is Overdrive 2 and that one unlicensed game that comes on a 10MB cart), better audio, sprite limit remover (not that much of a thing on Genesis but still it's there)

question

when i playing silent hill through mednafen using a ds4 controller (ds4windows), the latency goes way up in particular moments, notably when attacking. has this even been an issue?

Wireless nigger problems

& Emulating on a CRT is perfection.

Use a wired controller and follow the guide on mednafen's site to reduce latency.
Wireless controllers are cancer.

Keeping it closed source was the smartest thing Exzap has done. He was able to amass an army of Patreon drones to pay his bills for him while he codes off of publicly available documentation of the 750cl architecture. It's why progress has been so fast regarding speed and compatibility. Meanwhile several decade old open source emulators are still nowhere near the same level because project management was shit.

To be fair that has nothing to do with open source and everything to do with complete retards at the helm of those respective projects.
RPCS3 is open source and ever since they opened that patreon up progress has been fast.

Fuck android for not supporting standard Xbone or DS4 without hacking and cables. An fuck manufacturers with shitty standards.

That looks sexy

Android supports DS4 via Bluetooth out of the box with no hacking required. Do you have brain damage? Just hold the share+ps button at the same time to enter Bluetooth pairing mode (controller light should be doing quick flashing and be light blue instead of dark blue)

Is they a good place for Wii ISOs that isnt torrenting?

emuparadise community forums

Arnt the Emuparadise forums just torrents though?

How about you look it up yourself first?

Hows the 360 emulator?
is it dead yet?
papa wanna play some Fable 2 an Halo 3.

isn't fable also for PC?

just the 1st one and the 3rd

I play the 1st one every year and the 3rd one is terrible.

so I'm assuming that my pic related was indeed the first one
granted, it was awesome, and I remember it very fondly
how is the 2nd?

I'm looking to emulation Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie and Donkey Kong 64. How can I do this? I heard DK64 in particular is a fucking nightmare to emulate.

All 3 should work fine in PJ64 with GlideN64

A mixed bag.

Can't i dump my files and share them?

Yes, you can.
But avoid doing that on namefags territory a.k.a as every other site on Internet, unless you want to get raped by lawyers.

Could anyone share every file for Okami HD on ps3 EXCEPT for wolves.cpk? I have the bulk of the game but the EBOOT as well as other library files are modded and RPCS3 shits itself. I no longer have the uncracked pkg.

you can but you need to make sure it can't be traced back to you.

DK will not work very well. You're going to have to change around settings as you play, I remember there were a lot of problems with timing. Also certain visual glitches.

psndl.net/view-package/3392
just download this

Your Bluetooth Adapter is obviously fucked. Either use it wired, or buy a non-shit dongle.

Angrylion and a fucking fast CPU

NIGGA I'm in fucking Brazil, i'll probably dump them and dump them through some cyber coffee

*dump and upload them

Why are you fags talking about some BIOS files or whatever as if it were some top secret shit

>thinking that (((they))) don't have eyes on this thread

Okay so basically it's the bios files what is currently making people suffer to get Citra running?

Does this mean that if i lay my hand on such bios files i can decrypt as many games as i want?

Can the decryption be done in a PC or do you need the actual hardware of the 3DS to do the decryption?

Because there are few kinds of (((people))) who monitor these kind of threads and on normalfag websites.
There are also self-righteous company loyalists drones, who just love to mention it to companies.
Nintendo has very huge number of them.

FTFY

Yes.
Yes, you still need to get games roms. They are still way easier to get than fucking bios files. Even after nintendo DMCA'd few websites about 6 months ago.
Yes, look at this post

And what the hell are these loyalists going to do? Whine about a MEGA link?

Doxxing attempts.
It's reason why I mentioned it.

Why hasn't anyone warned me that PS1 emulation was such a giant clusterfuck? I remember emulating ff9 ages ago and it just worked on the first emulator I tried, but now I'm trying to do the same with vagrant story and the jittering just won't go away.

Which emulator you use?

Right now I'm at pcsx-r with something called pgxp or whatever. Seems to run alright. epsxe refused to run the game with any graphical enhancements.

You forget about the part where this is an anonymous imageboard.

fug

I mainy mentioned normalfag spaces and why it's bad idea to post it there.

You will need to tweak your settings a little.
Welcome to plugin-based emulation, where every game need own settings in options.

Not a good feel.

It's painful, isn't it?
Thankfully, majority of emulators is open-source so it's not big deal.
Also making anything on that big scale demands autism and few screws loose.

Anyone have Custom Robo n64 prepatched? Patch requires a weird dump that isn't the no-intro one.

What?

Guardian Heroes looks way better than I remember.
Saturn couldn't do transparencies but despite that this Saturn exclusive has a character whose cape is supposed to be transparent. It looks as good as you expect.

I didn't want to have to redownload it because hurrrrr data cap, but oh well. Thanks user.

It could, it's just that the processor that could do them (VDP2) was limited.

In what way?
Is there any game with transparency on Saturn?

I bet you're using some shitty plugin based emulator.

Yes it can.

STOP RUNNING BITCOIN MINERS CODENIGGER, REEEEEEE

Watch this to get an idea of how transparencies work on Saturn.

You're kidding me right?

I don't see any bitcoin miners in the source code :^)

Then I have no idea why the patcher fails.

No-intro comes in .n64, the patcher wants a .z64, both format can be converted into each other easily.
I'm sure you can figure it out from here

Anybody has the latest PSP recommendation image?

No such thing. Nigga just find your own games. There are plenty of resources.

So, this thing that happens with the characters when they move, like some lines of them become invisible.
Anyone knows how to fix this?
I'm using the mednafen core in retroarch. I zoomed the image so it can be seen better.

Welcome to interlacing, mednafen include an automatic filter, but in RA you have to manually use a deinterlacing shader to deal with that.

Its called interlacing. You can use the Hardware renderer or you can use a deinterlacing shader.

This is not progress

When I open say DOLPHIN I just open a fucking ISO and away it goes

To run any games with cemu is the most convoluted list of shit I've ever seen, is this faggot every going to make an actual emulator or just one part of 20 ?

try pic related

Please stop shilling for your obscure and outdated browsers.

Can you tech illiterate faggots fuck off?

I dunno. Can you help?

Nothing short of a lobotomy will help your level of mental degradation

Have you ever been constructive for once instead of angry all the time?

Anyway, is DraStic even worth looking into, since they've now got an upscaling feature?

Totally, it's a great NDS emulator all around, but you have to deal with google store purchases or root your phone to pirate it.

Spoon feeding retards will give you an aneurysm faster than anything else in your life

Its the best DS emulator on Android and is both more accurate and faster than Desmume even when emulated using an Android emulator on PC.

Dude just said he can load one up in Dolphin just fine. I think the problem is the method in which to load a game into, say, mednafen, is not streamlined enough for people that have used VBA in the past. Literally you just drag-and-drop the game file onto the mednafen executable (.EXE), when you could just Ctrl + O to open the File Browser and load it from the directory it's in. That's like… the old way to do it. The Windows 3.1 way to open any file.

What is this, Rick & Morty? Inception? Or some old film/show I don't know about that did that sort of plot device before?

Yeah because dragging and dropping a file onto an exe is such advanced technique

What are you, Reddit?

It's also a forgotten technique. And what's more, it's tedious to have two windows for each folder open to just drag-and-drop the game onto. If you store your games into the same folder as the emulator, those are some poor organizational skills you got there, bub.

What are you, 4chan?

Heres another forbidden hacking technique for your tech illiterate ass
You can create shortcuts in windows.

Go back redditor. Nobody wants you here.

How amusingly childish of you.

Like a broken record.

Either way, what's with Android getting the most attention for emulators? There's a boatload of things more you can do on a PC than on mobile.

More retards willing to separate themselves from their money.

No, just Desmume is garbage and its main dev is retarded.
Huge hate boner for pokemon don't help it either. He actually butchered nds wi-fi connection code because of it. Codefag who made that code is developing melonDS right now.
Have archives about it.
archive.is/Lla8g
Desmume forums
archive.is/MnP8X
Leddit. Search for StapleButter comment. It's that codefag.

lol

Has anyone here tried out native online multiplayer in Cemu 1.11.0?

So I've basically been trying a ton of games with scanlines since I last posted. Honestly scanlines even make Early PS2 games look better (specifically testing it with Silent Hill 2 makes everything look much better). To clarify what exactly I see happening to the image through my xrgb since I can turn the lines on and off and actually notice exactly what the differences are: Biggest thing I'm noticing is sharpening, it makes the otherwise ugly textures of the N64 look as though they're a lot clearer, hard to explain this but I'm sure it relates to what this user said about it resolving the lines of detail (it also seems to fix the AA that makes the N64 look like blurry shit on modern systems, so much for the AA disable hack). Also, and this is my biggest comment and something I really think everyone playing old games on modern systems should think about: Scanlines darken the image. If you ever thought that an old game's colors looked over the top or blown out when playing on a modern screen: you are right, the colors are dead wrong. If anyone takes anything away from this post, even if they don't want to use scanlines, at least remember to darken the picture to get the colors right. Also as mentioned it balances contrast and creates a bloom effect on lights (which looks great even faked through my xrgb). Scanlines also seem to play off pixel art and 3d models, in older games this gives sprites shape and detail making them look closer to drawings, in PS2 and Dreamcast era games it honestly makes the graphics seem as though they were made in HD (I was really blown away by how Shenmue looked).

tl;dr

In the detail department, both of these screenshots were taken using an svideo pass with identical settings to show what you can do with a passable shader.

i hope you don't summon hardware autists into the emulation thread with these comments

I'm really trying not to. But this is important for proper emulation, specifically proper color and contrast.

That shader looks great and really goes a long way to giving detail to things like the plates on the truck (from "what the fuck is that?" to Metal Plate) or the girl's face.

Does anyone have any idea how to get a PS2 emulator not to shit the bed on anything other than horror games, or am I going to have to buy the disks for my physical PS2?

I had the color slightly fucked up on it. The custom shadowmask I made has a 5-5-6 r/g/b mask, since it needs to be multiples of 16, so the blue levels are high. Fixed that with an image adjustment pass setting the blue level to 0.95.

Using the software renderer and a bitchin' cpu, I guess.

PS2's have trouble playing PS2 games. It is not all that surprising.

If it's fat just mod it with a HDD. If it's slim just mod it for disc swaping. Or you could probably just get a better CPU which also has the knock on effect of improving your general computing.

I'm over here emulating PS3 games so I can't really understand the feeling.

Going to try that now.

It can, but the FPS tanks when you have more then two moving elements on screen

It's a slim, and I would mod it but the discs needed to do that are hard to find, and I'm a poorfag so I can't just buy them physical all the time.

post speccy and what game

Got other games, but this is the main one.

yeah no shit
R&C requires a high end CPU to run.

I really don't think that's happening any time soon.

Fine then. I guess I'll just have to buy the discs. Soon. What about Manhunt 2 or the Sly Cooper series? I assume the latter will work, but not too sure.

I would be genuinely surprised if you could run anything at 100% on the software renderer.

Chaim. Swap Magic, and make a DVD of the game. You're pretty much gold.
ebay.com/itm/NEW-SwapMagic-3-Coder-V3-8-USA-CD-DVD-Slide-Tools-V4-Parts/112616409992?hash=item1a38760b88:g:9uEAAOSwAHtZ8AcY

I'll still try damn it. Even 30 FPS is fine so long as it's stable.

I would, but I'm a fucking retard and don't want to break my PS2 by putting extra parts into/onto it.

I can see that. As R&C is a DVD game, you can just use ESR in Free McBoot.
ebay.com/itm/Free-McBoot-FMCB-1-953-8MB-Memory-Card-Save-Record-For-PS2-PlayStation-2-Console/263255868621?hash=item3d4b45c4cd:g:aQ8AAOSw~V9Z3HFG

In modern ps2 slims the ones without the separate power brick all you have to do is to stuff a piece of tape in a sensor near the disc tray

In older ps2 slims you have to tape a sensor inside the unit near the laser. But that it's actually part of the disc tray cover. Basically you want to fool the ps2 into believing the disc tray is closed all the time. If you buy the swap magic new it will come with a small metal clip that serves the purpose above, other wise you have to take it apart and put tape on the sensor that is all you have to do.

He didn't specify the model, so I can't tell what he would have to do. for the record I have (had) a SCPH-70001. it took a turd, and I replaced it with a SCPH-50001, since it has better airflow, and the fat ones were built like tanks (post-launch models, anyway).

Free McBoot is the way to go until emulation improves. Idiot proof and acts like a mod chip.

That's what we call a "soft-mod", doesn't work on the SCPH-90001, but other than that, it's a good idea if you don't want to open the console (mind you the warranty has been voided since 2016), and let it break on it's own. At least the PS2/PStwo isn't that one Amstrad console.

You have to go back.

I've never tried android emulation before, are their games it cant run/well?

>>>/reddit/

You'll need to assign macros for most touch screen inputs which isn't something every emulator allows

I'm aware of that program. The only problem is almost every guide I see to installing Free McBoot requires a copy of 007: Agent Under Fire to do the disk swap trick, but I don't have a copy of that game, and the ones on ebay are priced so stupidly high.

It's a SCPH-75001

I have the same CPU, and I really don't get why people shit on it so much
its performs great on most cases really
6 non-virtual cores with 3+Ghz freqs seriously

Try looking around a second hand shop or a library in your area. The kind of people who give games to those places don't know what they're selling. I found my copy of AuF for a fiver next to two porn dvds.

I'm using PCSX2 1.5. Haven't play in about 5 days. Tried running it up and I got an error saying one of the plugins was not found, and then was forced to configure them. Then all my recent ISOs were not in the recent list below browse in the iso selector, and browse was reset to its default directory. I tried loading Shadow Hearts to find I had no bios. The bios folder was empty. I replaced the bios and loaded Shadow Hearts only to find I couldn't load any of my saves because both the memory cards are unformatted. All my savestates are still there and functional, and the backup for memory card 1 has all my saves, but what the fuck happened?

Does anyone know where I could download the Japanese version of Bravely Second?
I only found one torrent, but it's dead.

Can I just download any 3ds game for citra that I find or do these games - being intended for a modded 3DS - have to be more "raw" or "unmodified" for citra or something?

my dick is so hard right now. The pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2212-g96b412ebb-windows-x86 update of the PS2 emulator actually runs God of War 1 & 2, Jack and Daxter (eyes still fucked), Maximo vs. Army of Zin very nicely and fixes the lighting issues with MGS3. Even Ratchet & Clank is almost playable. If I use version pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2043-g5b4c948-windows-x86 I can even run Sly Cooper silky smooth. The only thinks that sucks is that the latest GSdx32-AVX2 plug is not supported by my graphics card so I have to used an other version and that there is still not one version that is definitive with all the fixes.

buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2

what kind of 3rd world easy bake oven are u using user?

I suggest having an non default path for memory cards, ISO's & bios ect. This way you can just redirect the newest version to where you have them saved

for example:
>C:\Users\*\Documents\PCSX2\memcards
>C:\Users\*\Documents\PCSX2\bios

The GTX 760 Ti is no longer actively supported by Nvidia and the latest drivers are actually garbage so I haven't updated them.

to be clear I can use older versions of GSdx32-AVX. just not the latest version.

what where you expecting kiddo?
do you hate yourself?

who doesn't, user?

I that will probably help if it happens again. But I'm still not sure what it is that happened. I didn't get a new version or anything.
ID changed because I'm home now.

(checked)
I don't

AVX2

AVX

PCSX2 dropped AVX 1 from the builds so you need a CPU that does AVX2, if you don't you can't use that one instead you have to use the SSE4 one,.
If this is what I'm describing it has nothing to do with your GPU

RetroFE
It's like HyperSpin, but you can use custom themes.

It's a poor choice for emulating.

Citra needs decrypted roms.

But why?

ah you are right. SSE4 Fixed the texture problem with R&C. Now I just need too sort though these redundant plugins and get rid of the useless ones. Thanks.

Any of you lads have a download for an up to date BotW?

can 3ds roms that were intended for 3DS piracy be decrypted for citra? Or do I need to download specific roms for citra extra?

Decrypt9WIP can do it for you.

How is Ryzen and emulation? Am getting a 1600.

Depending on what you're doing with it between a 3770k and a 4770k, except for RPCS3 which due to how heavily MTed it is and how interCCX communication works will run noticeably worse than it should.
I'd at-least wait for the refresh than happens early 2018 to see if it fixes that specific issue personally but even as it stands Ryzen is not a bad choice at all outside of a couple very niche uses.

USBHelper you faggot

As far as emulation is concerned, is there a meaningful difference in performance between an i5-8600K and an i7-8700K?

In RPCS3 you'll compile new LLVM modules faster, in PCSX you will see noticeable increases when using the SW renderer, in MT angrylion you might see increases, not sure they're that substantial or even needed though.
Binning might get you better OC overall on the i7
Not really sure it's worth the price difference, pretty sure sure it's worth just getting the 8350k for most cases to be perfectly honest.

Wait a couple of months for the 8700K to drop to ~$350.

Nowhere near as good as an 8700k

reddit.com/r/CemuPiracy/comments/78tg9q/online_ready_zip_by_alex_s_missing_the_accountdat/

We're close to being able to just straight up play CEMU online without even needing an official console

Unfortunately we still need the account.dat dump because that's what contains the NNID. I wonder if I can dump it from my 3DS somehow maybe

Always buy the i7, never compromise in terms of emulation. The performance difference can really add up.

There's barely enough use case where multithreaded performance makes a difference in emulation to even justify upgrading from a recent quadcore nevermind justifying spending 50% more for HT

RPCS3
Look up footage of Persona 5 running on a 6700HQ vs something like an i5 6600.

Well I looked and I found footage from a 4790k vs footage from a 4670k of the same part with a somewhat recent build, there is a small difference in how far either dip but not enough to justify the difference (maybe 3fps at best)
HT is rarely much better than a 20-30% speedup in the best of cases (and since RPCS3 is far from an ideal case the gains are likely even lower than that) so it's not exactly surprising.
And then you also have to think about the fact that the i5 8600k is a 6 core CPU that factors into it since RPCS3 doesn't fully use 10 threads (Graphics thread + main CPU emulation + 7xSPU + PPU) or more outside of LLVM module compilation.

retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/08/06/radius-drama/
Jesus christ, this twinaphex character quite literally has the worst case of narcissistic personality disorder I have ever witnessed in the past 20 years of the net. Why do they put up with him?

It's his project, not theirs.

AVX2 is supported by CPUs, not GPUS you dofus

m8 that architecture doesn't even support TSX.

And that has nothing to do with HT not being worth it.

Someone played him. This convo looks butched as hell. Actually, this isnt the rant, juts the outcome from it. See, at one point he mention that he hate political corret people, this seems to come out of nowhere but in reality this is related to an chat on another platform, irc or something. After the sjw triggered him he went on with his rant on another platform. You have to understand, same with launchbox dev, their are sjw right now trying to get their foot into the emu scene. Emuparadis deleting alll nintendo games isnt a coincidant and the apocalypse shilling about that either.

A blog dedicated to hating on RA made by a guy who got flustered by SP isn't factual and tries to craft things into more than what they are, who could've known.

Already at this point anons should be aware of sjw doings. Did we learn nothing from gamergate? I remember an user giving insider info about the ongoing co—opting in the emu scene in a older emu thread here. It doesnt surpries me now to see a (((shitstorm))) like this.

The guy who runs Retroarch's patreon is a huge SJW himself, as expected from a eurocuck. The type who whines about capitalism while shilling for overpriced garbage and mooching off welfare.

this

First I've heard of that.

Most recently its this
>libretro.com/index.php/homebrew-carts-from-mega-cat-studios/

The people behind let the RA team distribute their stuff for free via the content downloader then after on they asked if they could advertise about their physical release and they agreed to.
I really don't see where's the wrong in that.

Did you actually read that post?
Those are 60$ ROMhacks which are only available if you buy them from their site.
Its not available on RA's content downloader.

Never said the free ones from the content downloader and the physical release ere one and the same though.

What the fuck are you even talking about?
The point is he is shilling for commercial romhacks which are not available for free.

And they did so because that group let them use some content they made for free.
What part of that is hard to understand?

They didn't. Thats the point. Those ROMhacks are not available for free.
Do you even know how to read?

And now you're just pulling shit out of your ass.

Which part of that post says that Megacatstudios has distributed anything for free?
Do you even understand English?

That wasn't hard now was it.

Dr. Ludos and Megacatstudios are not related in any way
Are you just pretending to be retarded or just a natural?

Pretty sure those are the people who made his homebrew cart into a physical release.

I just wanted to emulate symphony of the night but it runs like shit on my lap to

What version?
What emulator?

Fucking Pentium 3's can run PS1 games.

A simple google search would prove you wrong.
Stop being retarded and actually read stuff.

Oh yeah right I was wrong
Catskull |= Megacat.

Post speccy and what emulator you are using

I'm using ePsxe 2.0
My lap top should be fine given I can play current year shit on proper graphics.

post speccy you nigger

I think my issue is more aboutt he bios and plugins i may be using.

You could've posted a speccy and a screenshot of your settings instead of this post and it would've saved you time and effort

Check the following
Make sure it's not set to somethign stupid like 5x
Make sure It's put on dynarec and not interpreter.
Disable both

Anything that isn't ePSXe Core GPU, that shit is pure software rendering which is as slow as mednafen so not recommended if you're on a laptop
Alternatively use that if it's still not enough
pbernert.com/gpupeopssoftwin118b.zip
Shit is absurdly fast and can run on a low end Pentium 3 at more than full speed.

I disabled sub-pixel precision on GTE hacks. Thanks user. I'm gonna retry now. I got Peops soft but I believe I don't have the one you're linking me. gonna try that too before I give it a test.

I can see it's faster to an acceptable amount. However the game is still not fast. Is it just the game's slow pace? is Alucard this floaty and take forever to fall?

speccy on picture, if it helps.

I think pressing Delete shows the FPS display in epsxe. If that is less than 60 then you aren't running at full speed.

Have you tried using mednafen?

It's running at 47-52 fps.
Should I try mednafen or Retroarch?

Just to be clear. the PeoPs is on the video plugin right? It shows up as Peops soft driver 1.18.

Mednafen standalone, although I'm not sure you can even run that fullspeed with your CPU

Yeah.

Try Pete's opengl plugin instead and see if that satisfies you.
If it doesn't you could move to mednafen. It needs proper dumps though so if you have something off of emuparadise it most probably won't work.

I'm using 16bit now
frame skipping is on
I'm at a stable 49-50 now after that but I can't seem to get the last 10 fps.
I don't think this is a pal version of SotN
oh shit. it IS the pal version. no wonder its locked at 50fps
I'm gonna retry with a US version of the ISO

Don't use frameskipping

hold up
I'm not getting plugins off emuparadise. Can I get the ISO from that site though?

does it get glitchy?

calm down you autist

Stuttery and unresponsive is more like it, it does exactly what it says it skips rendering frames when you can't meet the target framerate.

If you're sticking with ePSXe most likjely, if you're not then you might wanna consider trying the redump torrent / upload on archive.org

Got the US version now and its running at stable 59-60
USA WINS AGAIN
Thanks guys. I'd buy you a beer if I could.

No.

Ok so I turned off Frame skipping because i had some wierd stuttery moments and now they have diminished
But I still get some random half a second 25 fps drops.
Any ideas?

stop running background programs?

Why is Nico Nico Nii such a bitch?

Anyone know some tricks to make Dolphin run better? I finally upgraded my hardware (RX 560 and an FX-8320e) hoping I could emulate Gamecube stuff at full speed to finally netplay them with a friend, but I can't even play Tales of Symphonia offline with full speed all the time.

Outside of using Vulkan there's not much you can really do on standalone.
You can always try ishiiruka instead, not sure you'll be able to do netplay but it might be faster

Last time I tried using the proprietary linux drivers on another game it ran like fucking shit.

And this time it actually froze my whole system up every time I tried to use Dolphin with OpenGL with the proprietary drivers (while the Vulkan library won't even load). Proprietary a SHIT.

ironically AMD works best on Linux with its proprietary drivers on Windows being dogshit.