SMT thread - FUCK YOU SWITCH edition

THIS SHIT BETTER NOT STAY ON THE SWITCH ATLUS

Will it be better than IV/Apoc?
Will it stay here until they release a different edition for other platforms?
Will it trick many anons into finally shelling out for a fucking Nintendo to get their juicy demon summoning?
Will press turns be back?
Will Kaneko have any involvement?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/boards/181823-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse/74465985
archive.is/Qgmmr
archive.is/z32V6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would have assumed that was a given, will smirks be back?

The Switch is pretty cheap, I don't see the problem.

Huh, the red shit looks like the red stuff from nocturne.

Because third party exclusivity is retarded. And buying an entire system for the one game I want to play is beyond retarded fiscally.

Also the protag had very Kaneko-ish proportions and fashion.

The guy who directed 4 and produced 4F is back directing. He might have done great on Nocturne, but he also had Hashino as well as the old guard watching his ass. Chances are, 5 is going to be as mediocre as 4 and 4F.

Which is exactly why I'm keeping my expectations in check.

Switch will have good selection of games. Project Octopath, Monolith games, Dragon Quest and this. Japs like switch so there will be more. Wait and see.

The Switch is the new Vita basically.

I borrowed a 3ds and smt iv and it was beyond disappointing. Why would I waste my hard earned shekels on the latest memeconsole from a company that hates fun almost as much as they hate their fanbase?

I honest to god saw someone say, “Sony gets Persona so it’s only fair Nintendo gets SMT.” Nintendo fans are fucking retarded.

people like this exist
people like this are why we can't have nice things

Implying Sonyggers aren't just as retarded for thinking that Persona should stay on Playstation? Anyone toting the line for console exclusivity should be shot.

Fucking shit eating plebs

I think it might be closer to nocturne than 4 was, my biggest problem with 4 was the story had no flow with itself and got distracted, that and pay 2 grind dlc

Even though I don't own a Switch, I still would rather it stay there then end up on the PS4. Fuck Sonyggers, I hate them so much.
PC and/or 3DS would be ace.

It'll be censored if its released on a Nintendo console.

Yeah dude. The WiiU is going to be a great console soon too. Just wait.

Switch emulator when?

We'll see.

Consoles are remembered for their exclusives in the long run. A game being exclusive keeps revenue and budget expectations in check and is overall healthy for the industry.

It only is healthy for the industry if the console manufacturer does their part to innovate on their consoles instead of relying on exclusives to save them from death. Otherwise its only "healthy" for the company.

Your trips won’t help when people bully you. You retard.

One feeds the other. Console innovation stopped when exclusives dwindled and everything got reduced to same-ish PCs in fancy boxes.

As a matter of fact, everything being multiplatform is what actively hampers innovation since everything has to be compatible with everything else. Every game has to be the lowest common denominator in terms of tech. This goes the other way too - consoles can't do anything unique because "normal" games won't be compatible with those features.

Sage for double ppst

Meant to quote

No. That happened more as a result of the latter part of your statement. Exclusives dwindling happens when you just fuck up as a console manufacturer and game publisher.
Microsoft has lost near everything on Xbone because they've done every single thing wrong as a publisher. Sony will fight to hold their exclusives, but the same will happen to them unless they actually bother to do something different with their consoles in the next generation.

Exclusives will come naturally if you bother to innovate. I don't have a very high opinion of Nintendo, but they've actually done it with the Switch, and what a surprise: they're raking in exclusives and mad dosh, and even the multiplats they have will get good sales just because
And the games will be good.

I want there to be more console innovation, but I don't predict it happening. Instead I predict a "PS5" and an eventual failure of Sony shortly after Microsoft pulls out of the gayman market.
I wish other companies entirely would enter the console market; I don't want fucking Jewtendo to seize it all.

What a disaster, it's going to be pozzed by Niptendo to no end.

Underrated post.

< LETS MAKE A GIANT VITA
< SHUT UP AND PRINT MOAR MONEY, SLAVE!

Didnt this game just pull a KH3 by being announced when it just started development? Its probably going to take 3-4 years to come out. I dont even want to remember the game exists because of the long wait and the fact that its being directed by the guy who made 4. I wouldnt get my hopes up at all if i were you guys, nu-atlus jaded me enough as it is.

Mark please remove this thread. This is a bad thread.

When did they start teasing the SMT HD project, like eight months ago? It may not be that bad. Definitely seems like they don't have anything to show yet.

Slapping the Wii and WiiU together isn’t innovation, user. Making a console half as powerful as the consoles out now and just a bit more powerful than a handheld isn’t innovation. Take Nintendo’s cock out of your mouth
Oh, you really are just a nintendrone.

Just like how SJ, IV, and IVA right?
Jesus fuck, SMT has been Nintendo exclusive since the DS. SMTV has been a known switch exclusive when kt was first teased month ago. Why is everyone throwing a shitfit with this new trailer?

What they showed practically amounts to nothing. I expected a fucking trailer with at least a small amount of gameplay and all we got was another fucking teaser. But this time at least its not a 5 second shot at some random mushroom cloud.
Perhaps in 2 years or 3 is when they'll start showing off the actual game. But for now i bet they'll keep dropping teasers just like how they did now to keep up the hype. Fuck atlus for teasing it so early though, this is fucking torture.

Deep Strange Journey is shaping up to be a shitshow with less detailed art than the original
gamefaqs.com/boards/181823-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse/74465985
IVA fails at the basic level in terms of translation. The truth is nobody bothered to cross check IV or IVA because of how unremarkable they are.
I like how you conveniently ignored #FE and

Etrian Odyssey.

The way this teaser is going it might end up another #FE situation where we'll get a shitty game that is censored to boot.

That's really a different issue, though, because he was talking about exclusivity and DSJ can be blamed on modern Atlus.

We don't know how fucked the translation of Deep Strange Journey is going to be because we don't have the game yet. They have already added a waifu character to the game for some reason so there is no reason to assume that shit isn't going to get changed.

And absolutely nothing new to the series, are you absolutely certain you're not just an assmad sonygger?
Actually there's a great way to test that. Last Surprise is an absolutely shit battle theme.

You’re being too obvious with your baiting, user. When you have to say what you’re doing you’ve lost the argument.

Are Japanese people upset about this as well?

I get the feeling I've met the people in this thread before…

I bought a Wii U for Bayonetta 2 and that didn't make up for the fact the Wii U had a shitty library.

Reminder that Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U doesn't even run at 60FPS.

I thought the only reason Bayonetta 2 existed in the first place was due to Nintendo paying for development. That would make sense for it to be exclusive, since Nintendo wouldn't fund a game that its competitors could profit off.

I know one of these people, he is a "pansexual" furry.

I haven't owned a Nintendo console in over a decade user, get your head out of your ass.

finally an excuse to post this

Its good for Nintendo but bad for PlatinumGames, partnership for exclusive game with nintendo almost bankrupted the company

Source

Bayonetta barely break even despite being the "best selling" game

archive.is/Qgmmr

Minami, the President of PlatinumGames quit the company a day before StarFox released
archive.is/z32V6

Making exclusive games restrict sales, why do you think Kamiya thanked Yoko Taro for literally saving the company. They may create good games, but if the game doesn't sells, then theres no point. What worst is Platinum doesnt owned any of the IP they created so all that money from merchandise and anime all goes to Sega.

Switch has better support than wiiu though. If switch can't become a great console then nothing will.

You know what companies said when the wiiu first came out? Yeah! We’ll support it! You know what they said when the Wii came out? Yeah! We’ll support it! And they do for a year and then drop it. The same will happen with this pile.

Reminder that Bayonetta 2 for the PC doesn't run at all.

That's more proving my point than whatever you were thinking. Just go cry in your corner, play nocturne again, and let adults enjoy the new entries in peace.

They got a lump sum for bayo2 and that was the end of it. If they seriously lost cash with that arrangement then they must be hilariously bad negotiators.

I just started playing the game through a cia file i found. I think I wont be able to finish the game because I just realized that It will be nearly impossible to negotiate with demons if I cant even understand what their saying. The combat skills are in Nipponese too. Game looks pretty though.

It's coming out in English in early 2018 so just wait and play something else in the meantime.

Yeah, it seems to be a really raw deal for exclusive 3rd parties unless they have a really good deal like Naughty Dog and Sony. Capcom got fucked on Resident Evil being exclusive to Nintendo as well. I think has a point though, as these companies wouldn't keep making deals like this unless it was somewhat profitable or they're bad at business. Platinum needs to find a better way to appeal towards customers. I don't mean that in an EA way, more in a IP way. I was thinking while playing Vanquish that the gameplay is great, but the world it takes place in is incredibly generic sci-fi. Yoko Taro bringing Nier in or having MGS themes seems to really make their games take off, so maybe focusing on that side could help their games do better.

Makes sense. I guess ill finish up nocturne and try out DDS while i wait.
Also thanks for the spoilers user, not like it really mattered that much though.

Don't blame me for your own curiosity making you open those webms, their thumbnails are explicitly spoiler-less.

Nigger THAT was the spoiler.
The webms were no big deal at all.

Better be 4/4A were fucking disgraces
Yeah on PC when they make an emulator for it.
If they're retarded enough to buy a console over 1 game sure why not.
Better question is will a fucking defense stat be back?
No he'll have negative involvement, they'll take more of his designs out the game.

Seemed to run pretty well on my PC tbh thanks to Cemu.

but does the remake feature Dante from Devil May Cry 3?

No it features El Donte from DPL Diablo Puede Llorar

If they got paid lump sum for bayo, why does he cared about sales? We don't know Platinum deal with Sega but I'm guessing Platinum got few % from the sales profit on top of Sega funding their development. Thats why sales are important to them.

I don't know what you're trying to prove here?

I'm pretty sure it was that Dragon Donte game (Scalebound) for the Xbox that caused that.

What I do want to see come back from SMT4/A is the undoing Lucifer dicksucking. Lucifer in SMT/MT was basically more like Jesus 2.0 than a Chaos representative.

I don't know, I was pretty disappointed in his SMT4 appearance.
Lucifer is a pretty cool dude who surrounds himself with the biggest assholes the expanse can spawn. In doing so he makes a force just as powerful but even more destructive than the angels he's fighting against. So in an attempt to keep them in line he enforces a might-makes-right ideology with himself at the top, and humans just naturally end up at and near the bottom.

The SMT4 lucifer palace theme would have fit the old lucifer really well, since he's half-responsible for the shitty state of the world and probably felt guilty as hell.

Switch is getting a decent library. By the time it comes out you'll have games worth buying the console for.

Those who bought a switch already are nintentoddlers to the max though. the library hasn't fully grown yet