Headshots and Their Orgasmic Afteraffects

*ping*

Why are they so satisfying Holla Forums?

Gears of war had the best headshots

Not the worst taste, they were satisfying even in a mediocre game

Wouldn't know myself, since I do not play video games.

Remember, it's a secret to everyone.

There's this flash game I remember playing forever ago.
It was decent for a flash game (which isn't saying much) but the headshots felt oh so satisfying, presumably because of the way it was drawn/animated.

Looks like The Last Stand: Union City

It was just a screenshot I found on a search engine; I dunno which one had the best headshots out of the games since it was so long ago, but you're correct.
Its one of the games in that series

These Transformers games have pretty fun Headshots since when make one The characters will make a quip about it.
Hearing Optimus say "One shot is all it takes" never gets old.

HEADSHOT
DOUBBLE KILL
M-M-M-MONSTER KILL
GODLIKE
UNSTOPPABLE
H O L Y S H I T

How about Resident Evil 4 and derivatives like Evil Within, where heads are basically the only viable target? Does it cheapen or enhance the satisfaction of seeing craniums explode?

It's the last stand 1. Union city took place in, well, a city.

Rising Storm 2 had one of the best effects if you died from a headshot. Just an obnoxiously loud and bloody 'Crunch' and your whole screen immediately goes black.

I always played TF2 with the dinging noise when you hit someone. I needed that feedback to know if I was hitting someone at a range or whatever, since I wasn't very good at the game and didn't know the mechanics well.

Getting a long range head shot in STALKER was satisfying as hell. Even without gore the way you can watch a shot fall and just drop a bandit in a squad was fun as hell.

I want cuckchan to return from whence they came

I want this too. Thanks for saging because unrelated

what about games where you can't get headshots, but you have a "long-reload" hitscan weapon and everyone moves fast?
just hearing the hit sound is good enough for me

I did say it was a mediocre game

They're so satisfying to you because your dog brain is trained for instant gratification.

Now that's a blast from the past

Considering Mark's plan to handle them is for everyone to just ignore them, I don't think that's going to happen.

hold on a moment is THIS a jojo reference?

I don't really get that satisfaction unless I'm shooting from a long distance or playing an arena shooter.

thanks for making me feel old

What makes you feel older? The fact that FPS Doug existed at one point or the fact that in the video he's gaming on a 12" 800x600 monitor?

Manhunt had pretty cool headshots

Go figure.

Why are developers so utterly worthless in every single possible way ever imaginable?

На здоровье

CSS headshot sounds were great

As a young faggot I played UT 2004 with bots on stupid low difficulty just so I could headshot them with the sniper on deck 17. The first time I heard the announcer say those lines blew my mind.