I can't remember the name of a game

I can't remember the name of a game.

It was a pretty obscure Playsation JRPG. You play as a dog and the bad guys were philosophers or gods or something like that. I'm 100% sure it was nuts.

I don't think it was Moon Remix, but it was that kind of game.

Was it tail concerto?

No, it's not a furry game.

Going to need a little more to go on…

darude sandstorm

Oh wait, maybe you didn't meant ps1, but ps2. Okami seems to fall into category of a "dog" battling gods.

My memory is really foggy. The game is full of bizarre shit.

Nope, it wasn't Okami, that's more than enough popular for me to remember the game. I'm talking about a very obscure one

Do you really think you will be happy finding out what you are searching for? Maybe it will invoke some bad memories from the past. And eventually thrill of searching it and finding will wear off and you probably find the game boring anyway.

I don't know what's the point of what you are saying. i just want to know the title of this game.

Also it's JP only.

Maybe instead of a searching for a game, you should search for a meaning in life.

Oh yeah it's called petscop

Nope, but thanks

Was it 3D? Did it took place in Japan?

I think it was 2D, and… I don't remember. I think it was a fictional world, but I'm not so sure.

Alright, I think I found a guy who probably knows what game this is. I'm waiting for his reply, wish me luck.

FOUND IT

PAL: SHINKEN DENSETSU (Pal: Legend of the Holy Dog)

Looks like a pretty goofy game, I'd like to find the game somehow. Gotta go download the game.

This isn't how these threads are supposed to go.

another useful tidbit would have been: it never received an (official) english localization. or something like that.
as said. congrats on finding your own game, OP you faggot

>Everything about it is old-fashioned, and everything about it just screams puppy love, in the most literal sense. It's also really bizarre, but tends to take itself semi-seriously, which in turn makes it MORE bizarre. What other game would pit your puppy-warrior main character against Copernicus in order to shut down his emotion-altering machine, then within the next 10 minutes, throw you into the middle of a daring escape from Mt. Fuji as it erupts?

I knew I was right finding this game. Now I only need a few more years of Japanese and someone that wouldn't mind helping me to hack this game for an English translation.

I remember a old, maybe mid to late 90s, PC game set on Mars, or at least not Earth, with tank controls and pre-rendered backgrounds. The only reason I remember it is because it was on like 6 CDs. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Emuparadise has the ISO.

Having trouble finding the number of discs, but perhaps Martian Gothic? Though, that was a 2000/2001 release.

I've also got a game I'm trying to find too. It was a Shoot' Em Up that I downloaded via a "1001+ games pack" You know, the thing that came before Steam that linked you to a bunch of demo PC games. I discovered a lot of games that way… Brave Dwarves, Ricochet, Platypus, the Hamumu games.
Anyway, it was a classic bullet hell game, the ship was a Millennium Falcon Ripoff, there was a fuckton of weapon upgrades, and the most powerful weapon was this tuning fork that hovered in front of your ship that fired this powerful blast every 5 seconds or so.
The soundtrack was also pretty good, and the last level of the demo was something like shooting through a giant organic asteroid field.

I'm pretty sure it's not Martian Gothic, as the game I remember was about on RE1's level of graphics. It's crazy how I can't even find a list of games ranked by how many CDs they have. You'd think people would want make a clickbaity pissing contest out of that.

No one? This one's been killing me for years?

Tyrian?

What type of game was it?

Close, but not quite. There was only one customizable part of the game, and that was ammo type, but it had a fabulous selection.

Looking for a mid to late 90s DOS/early Windows 3D first persan gemu.

It opens up with several pages of german text in Fraktur on a yellow scroll, then drops you into a small garden maze with a nice evening sky, a bench, fountain and some impressive looking bushes by SVGA standards.
There are no enemies in there, just a key laying on the floor/one of the benches(?) that you use to open the gate to the castle in the distance.
Upon doing that there's another wall of german text on a scroll and you're in front of the castle.
You walk up some steps to get inside the castle, there awaits you a hostile spooky skeleton gif with poor AI.
You can punch it to death and maybe pick up its weapon(if it had one, hard to remember after all these years).
I can also vaguely remember another skellington behind bars, there was a button somewhere in the first room to open them(although I think that was optional).
The only way further in was, at least to my knowledge, a set of stairs going down into a long corridor.
At the end of that corridor sat a giant, spindly-legged textured polygon vaguely resembling a cockroach.
Once you set foot in the corridor the cockroach would instantly rush towards you at sanic speeds and kill you in 2 hits, which is as far as I ever got.

Game had no sound because DOS mode in Win9x without an appropriate soundcard, fairly certain it had free movement similar to Doom and the like.
Any Ideas? I've been trying to find this for years

Now that you mention it. I don't know. I only remember it playing and looking like the first Resident Evil, only in space. I remember the first big obstacle being a giant force field with tons of broken circuit boxes spitting out sparks.