Amid Evil

New FPS game by the devs making Dusk, looks pretty fucking good and fast as fuck.

those effects seem really at ends with the art style. There's already about 60 shooters that play exactly like this. Can't say I care for another. Will this genre ever not be stagnant?

is it another (((throwback))) or is it like Titanfall 2.

It looks the same pace as many other shooters.

looks fun

>once a heretic :^)
For a second I thought they were pulling that shit again

Neat, but also

Have you seen any modern shooter?

Kinda hard since theres pretty much only 2 games with this kind of setup and one of them is called HExen which is hard to fit in such a marketing ploy.

is your reference to modern shooters shooters from 2008-2012? There's been two dozen fast, reddit approved shooters in 5 years.

Surely you jest

nu shadow warrior 1 & 2, nu wolf, nu wolf expansion, nu wolf 2, nu doom, titan fall 1 and 2, reflex, toxikk, a dozen roguelite shooters, yeah there's been a lot of these fucking games and they aren't as good as the old ones and they miss the point of them too.

plus that gay new devolver dildo game. shooters have been done. they've been done a lot. You need to do more than just retro throwback fast reflex based shooter. it's been done.

You haven't played a single one of those

But what if my retro throwback fast reflex-based shooter has cool progression systems to keep you hooked, authentic Minecraft-inspired retro graphics, and a crack team of viral marketers behind it? Surely that's never been tried before, right?

don't forget some random level generation. level design? That's not why Doom was a hit!

because they looked boring and gay like the shit in the op does

Looks like garbage, actually.

Heretic is an actual FPS user.

If you say so, the level and art design coupled with teh gameplay look pretty good to me, but I guess we'll have to see after its released.

Is it hard being blind?

And so is Hexen if you choose the correct class
Whats your point?
I'm talking about game design, this game is obviously inspired by both Hexen and Heretic.

I'm confident that's what it'll be. boring, dime-a-dozen arenas to jump around and shoot dudes in with boring as fuck weapon archetypes with zany nuretro style effects

The great thing about developer made trailers is they show you what they want you to think the game is. They show you what they're most proud of rather than what they think will sell the game to you like more AAA focused cutscenes. Too many people have been making shit games like this and just enough people have been supporting these shooters that are forgotten the week they come out. They think it's what people want, and it's what they keep making.

these gay shooters have more in common with serious sam which I think we could all do without.

Hi Roland

I'm glad. I can't think of many Hexen clones.

You faggots know these cucks are more unironic commies than machinegames right?

>hellraid NEVER EVER

The trailer for Dusk tried to namedrop as many 90s shooters as possible in the worst possible manner. When you have to mention fucking Redneck Rampage, you've gone too far.

Wow it looks like there's absolutely no reason to play this

It comes off as fucking corny. Thankfully they stopped at Doom, or else it would have gone on like this

Thats why they didn't even use Hexen
Whats your point?
Fucking Blood is nothing but Horror movie references, most PC games of that time were either corny or batshit insane.

Yeah, no thanks. Take your crappy game back to reddit.